Reginald_001

Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

1990s: We had demos. We had a limited choice, but still a choice if we would like the game.

2000s: Companies no longer give out demos, I guess I'll just pay 60-80USD for the game. And if I don't like it, I can't return an opened game.

2015/2016: You Can't criticize a game you've never played. Youtube is not a valid way of observing a game for how it is. People only show what they want to show.

2018+: You Can't criticize a game you've never played.

1 hour ago, endgameaddiction said:

1990s: We had demos. We had a limited choice, but still a choice if we would like the game.

2000s: Companies no longer give out demos, I guess I'll just pay 60-80USD for the game. And if I don't like it, I can't return an opened game.

2015/2016: You Can't criticize a game you've never played. Youtube is not a valid way of observing a game for how it is. People only show what they want to show.

2018+: You Can't criticize a game you've never played.

You don't need to play a game to criticize anti-consumer behavior, of which Bethesda has done plenty in the past years. Now they have to deal with the backlash - refusing to send out review copies was probably the biggest mistake they've made so far because reviewers don't have to play nice anymore.

In some ways, Bethesda should consider it flattering that some people are so aggressively negative about Fallout 76. It shows that these people care enough about Fallout, about Bethesda's games and about gaming in general that they feel personally slighted by Fallout 76 disappointing them. Maintaining a negative tirade against a game requires being invested in it or the category it falls in. People like "cleavagesweat" and Winny are demonstrating the strong emotions they have about Fallout 76, and the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. These people care, even if they feel hurt and offended by the choices Bethesda made.

...of course you can also have trolls, but there's no helping such people. Trolls desperately seek recognition, to be acknowledged, to feel validated, to feel they can elicit a reaction from others, and there's no reason to humor such behavior.

Personally, I'm enjoying Fallout 76. Probably wasn't worth the price as it is currently, though. I would say Fallout 4 is better, and Fallout 4 definitely had its problems. I'm still baffled by the choice to have no normal human NPCs. Far more was lost than was gained by this design decision. Still, it can be a lot of fun, and I'm even playing solo. In the end, exactly how they handle mods and private servers is what will either make or break Fallout 76, in my opinion.

Also, Winny has some very strange ideas about how developers and publishers feel about nude mods. Even for the most pessimistic views of the motivations of publishers, I'm sure they understand things like nude mods can improve their bottom line. If it makes them money and doesn't directly create problems, they're probably not going to crack down on it.

People pushing opinions about games without playing them are like people who review books without reading them or movies without watching them or cars without driving them or resorts without going there.

The haters here don't play Fallout, some never have since FO ISO and never will, they just here to hate, trolling it proclaiming how the franchise they don't play should be to people enjoying it. The block feature works wonders on cleaning them out, none of their words on any subject have any value to me.

Wow I have posted on here before, speaking about being upset by the games release. I have posted links to jim and gundam mainly because I seen personally some of the bugs and potential Loot/Micro transaction possibilities in Beth's 76. This thread has been lit a fire. We should all take a breather and think for one moment.

A.) why are we discussing this?

B.) take a breath, lets not shoot 7.62x39mm rounds at each other.

C.) we can all agree most of us dont like the idea of this game and its potential predatory future, and the companies future. But others do like this game for what it is; and they dont deserve to be hated.

D.) This community is a place of all people and opinions. We can learn much from each other and try to help those who dont know about these issues glaring at us,

if we just take a step back and show that we can come together.

I get we are all frustrated and I am also to be blamed but most of you guys are pretty intelligent and I hate seeing threads like this break down. Most of you guys have pointed me to some pretty good articles about the game and taught me to look at both sides before coming to a conclusions and attacking (bad habits are hard to break). I have not played this game but have watched my friends play it and he felt it was fun. He pointed out what he felt made it fun and listened to what I had to say about the plausible future of this game. Lets just all calm down and come back to what the issue is about. How we feel about this release and what we can glean from the content we have read, played or seen. Or just fling dirt my way and tell me to go back to my corner that works too I suppose.

18 hours ago, Halstrom said:

The problem is there's a pretty good chance when they upgrade their engine they will dump modding support too...
Its pretty obvious the Beth/Fallout haters are here because they don't play it anyway, they are stuck in FO1 world if they actually play anything at all and aren't just Forum Warriors.
Its obviously not a game I think I would enjoy but for the people that do, I wish them the best to do so.
If you are going to snark back because its your life's enjoyment, don't bother, you and your sockpuppet alt accounts probably on my block list. It makes LL so much more tolerant and community like.

I think youve quoted the wrong poster. I never played FO76 and have no opinion on it yet. I just quoted a review and said how the press is receiving it. Just facts. Not opinion....

Calm down and take 10 breaths before you attack people like you just did.

30 minutes ago, Outlast1 said:

Wow I have posted on here before, speaking about being upset by the games release. I have posted links to jim and gundam mainly because I seen personally some of the bugs and potential Loot/Micro transaction possibilities in Beth's 76. This thread has been lit a fire. We should all take a breather and think for one moment.

A.) why are we discussing this?

B.) take a breath, lets not shoot 7.62x39mm rounds at each other.

C.) we can all agree most of us dont like the idea of this game and its potential predatory future, and the companies future. But others do like this game for what it is; and they dont deserve to be hated.

D.) This community is a place of all people and opinions. We can learn much from each other and try to help those who dont know about these issues glaring at us,

if we just take a step back and show that we can come together.

I get we are all frustrated and I am also to be blamed but most of you guys are pretty intelligent and I hate seeing threads like this break down. Most of you guys have pointed me to some pretty good articles about the game and taught me to look at both sides before coming to a conclusions and attacking (bad habits are hard to break). I have not played this game but have watched my friends play it and he felt it was fun. He pointed out what he felt made it fun and listened to what I had to say about the plausible future of this game. Lets just all calm down and come back to what the issue is about. How we feel about this release and what we can glean from the content we have read, played or seen. Or just fling dirt my way and tell me to go back to my corner that works too I suppose.

?

I don't think it's hostile in here (if it is it's one-sided) because those of us that are trying to discuss how bad the game is (with links and info from game reviewers) are just sharing our opinions. I don't know why those who like the game take that as an affront. if they take it personally then that's on them. no one has said that anyone who likes it is an idiot or anything even remotely similar yet if we don't like it then we are trolls or haters. brilliant. the anger is misplaced. those of us that don't have a glazed-over look just wanna talk about how disappointed we are.

12 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

winny stated a true fact above. private servers will ONLY be available VIA bethesda. let that marinade for a moment...

if you think you will be able to have sex-related mods on a server that beth hosts & maintains then you are naïve. that shit will be on lock-down.

absolutely right, Beth makes sex mods a end.
the people seriously believe, that Beth Sex permits among players! 

NEVER IN LIFE :classic_wink:

edit: and I suspect, that is the reason why FO76 is an online game.

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I think youve quoted the wrong poster. I never played FO76 and have no opinion on it yet. I just quoted a review and said how the press is receiving it. Just facts. Not opinion....

Calm down and take 10 breaths before you attack people like you just did.

Well my sincerest apologies as I was actually agreeing with you.
I was referring to the other usual rabble trolls above not you, I can see how my wording looked that way.
I have no problem with the negative reviews from people who have played it rather than the trolls here who haven't.

7 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Well my sincerest apologies as I was actually agreeing with you.
I was referring to the other usual rabble trolls above not you, I can see how my wording looked that way.
I have no problem with the negative reviews from people who have played it rather than the trolls here who haven't.

Apology accepted.

5 hours ago, Halstrom said:

People pushing opinions about games without playing them are like people who review books without reading them or movies without watching them or cars without driving them or resorts without going there.

The haters here don't play Fallout, some never have since FO ISO and never will, they just here to hate, trolling it proclaiming how the franchise they don't play should be to people enjoying it. The block feature works wonders on cleaning them out, none of their words on any subject have any value to me.

Sorry, no offense, I must a game not playing yourself to see how is this game!
There is multitude of video material (Let's Players etc.) that shows me everything!
I do not hate this game, but I hate this company Bethesda and the reason for that should be obvious to all!
first they promote modding then they see that one can earn money with it, CC appears, the next step free modding will completely destroyed!
I am 61 I know Bethesda's story from the beginning, have you ever a Fallout or Elder Scroll, Bug-Free seen?
Beth does not earn his success through her work, no, they deserve your success the modding community!

so now I turn the spit around!!
you write we are haters, stupid question, have you ever played a TES or FO without mods, so completely Vanilla and that for several years?
I would say NO!
I play my games, RPGs etc. except Beht games, completely without mods, because a good game developer does a good job! :classic_wink:

Leaps of logic abound in this thread.  'You didn't buy the game so you can't complain about it.'  OK, by that logic you don't work for Bethesda so you can't defend what they do.

I bought FO4 and played through the main quest.  That's $60 and 90 hrs of my life wasted.  THE SAME arguments used against me then are the same arguments people are using now against critics of FO76.  "You didn't buy the game." is as stupid a response as "You're hating on it to be cool."

9 hours ago, Omni said:

...of course you can also have trolls, but there's no helping such people. Trolls desperately seek recognition, to be acknowledged, to feel validated, to feel they can elicit a reaction from others, and there's no reason to humor such behavior.

Also, Winny has some very strange ideas about how developers and publishers feel about nude mods. Even for the most pessimistic views of the motivations of publishers, I'm sure they understand things like nude mods can improve their bottom line. If it makes them money and doesn't directly create problems, they're probably not going to crack down on it.

1. I am certainly not looking for recognition, there is no need to, 114 Followers and here twice represent! :classic_wink:

https://www.loverslab.com/topmembers/

2. This game comes from America you do not seem to know how it relates to nudity in public!
try there on public roads a woman (girlfriend) to grab the ass or to show you naked.
I know what will happen then!
I already said Beth is in the criticism and I know that from a safe source!
live in America not only human who are open to sexual content in a conventional game, the majority is against such activities!
small example: UbiSoft (USA) Assassin's Creed Origins = Nudity included, Assassin's Creed Odyssey = Nudity disappeared, ever asked why?

very simple, outer pressure! :classic_tongue:

On 11/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Torchersphix said:

Which of the ton of .ba2 archives did you extract to switch in the meshes and textures? 

I copied the raw .nif straight from BodySlide by Ctrl-Clicking the "Build" button, then took all the CBBE textures and replicated the original folder structure in the FO76 Data folder (so 'Fallout 76\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets' for the meshes and 'Data\Textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale' for the textures) and used Baka File Tool to load it into the game! No extraction required, just had a look through all of FO76's .ba2 files until I found "basehumanfemale" to make sure everything was arranged the same as in Fallout 4 and it was.

4 hours ago, winny257 said:

1. I am certainly not looking for recognition, there is no need to, 114 Followers and here twice represent! :classic_wink:

Why did you specifically single out and respond to my comment about trolls when I had mentioned you in the paragraph before and not in that one? Do you consider that paragraph a better description of your actions and motivations? If you ARE trolling, quit it. Find something better to do with your time; I'm sure there's something productive in your life that you enjoy.

4 hours ago, winny257 said:

2. This game comes from America you do not seem to know how it relates to nudity in public!
try there on public roads a woman (girlfriend) to grab the ass or to show you naked.
I know what will happen then!
I already said Beth is in the criticism and I know that from a safe source!
live in America not only human who are open to sexual content in a conventional game, the majority is against such activities!
small example: UbiSoft (USA) Assassin's Creed Origins = Nudity included, Assassin's Creed Odyssey = Nudity disappeared, ever asked why?

very simple, outer pressure! :classic_tongue:

I can't speak for Germany as I don't live there, but I do live in the United States. Although there's no doubt large segments of the culture here can be weirdly prudish on sexual matters, I still think a lot of what you've said in this thread seems weirdly off-base and paranoid.

As for Fallout 76, we already know nude mods and skimpy armor mods are possible but sex mods are less certain. Although I'm concerned by how Bethesda has described their approach to private servers and modding so far, I don't think their plans for it are set in stone yet. Letting people host their own servers means Bethesda doesn't have to pay for that hosting, so I think it's likely they'll try to take this route, but I can't say for sure.

3 hours ago, WeirdnessUltima said:

I copied the raw .nif straight from BodySlide by Ctrl-Clicking the "Build" button, then took all the CBBE textures and replicated the original folder structure in the FO76 Data folder (so 'Fallout 76\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets' for the meshes and 'Data\Textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale' for the textures) and used Baka File Tool to load it into the game! No extraction required, just had a look through all of FO76's .ba2 files until I found "basehumanfemale" to make sure everything was arranged the same as in Fallout 4 and it was.

Gotcha thanks. I used the Creation Kit Archive2 to search for them and ended up finding the textures for basehumanfemale in Textures01.ba2 I also loaded it into the game, and can basically only confirm I'm seeing the same things. Until someone else confirms what to do with the _s vs the _l _ r .dds files I'm not sure what else can be done :(

2 hours ago, Omni said:

As for Fallout 76, we already know nude mods and skimpy armor mods are possible but sex mods are less certain. Although I'm concerned by how Bethesda has described their approach to private servers and modding so far, I don't think their plans for it are set in stone yet. Letting people host their own servers means Bethesda doesn't have to pay for that hosting, so I think it's likely they'll try to take this route, but I can't say for sure.

They may not want private servers because that also may mean people running free mods to compete against their Creation Club, I reckon they would wait 12 months before releasing it to private servers.
The other thing is once its out to private servers they can not kill the game when they want to push a newer product. Just like COH and many other games the CD's and expansions people spent over a $100 on will be worth zero when they announce shutting down the servers.