3 hours ago, Manman27 said:

so can i like just stick it in with the public release.

You need to replace the offical version.

The betas are full versions and not patches.

I used the beta too and left like an Alpha doing it ^^

Update mid game also worked (via clean save method tho)

Edited by donttouchmethere
2 hours ago, Manman27 said:

so can i like just stick it in with the public release.

The betas' development is driven by Wartimes Tweak mod integration needs, but it is a standalone work, and it has some fixes.   You should treat it as a replacement, not a patch.  The only bugs I have experienced are from Wartimes scripted scenes (still tracking cause, third party mod interaction) and not seen any related to SL Survival beta 0.675.

Spoiler

Howdy!

Wanted to say thanks again Monoman for your efforts with this, still appreciative of this mod. A lot of little things in it just fit really well with many of my different character concepts, and it basically hasn't left my load order for more than a few characters since I found it.

However, as I sometimes care about the particulars more than I should, I always want to tweak things a bit and usually it's easy enough but sometimes the various SLS scripts call each other and it results in an expanding monster that if I make a script change it needs me to have the PSC files from a dozen or more optional mods that I don't care to hunt down, download, and slog through to allow the various dependencies to all line up fine.

So... It brings me to this:

Is there an easy way to push through this? Is there a less - easy - but - doesn't - require - downloading - dozens - of - other - mods - and - scripts way to push through this?

... Would there be any problems if I were to do something like:

Minor tweak in script A; script A references scripts B and C which each reference other things. Make tweaks in A, delete everything in B and C that isn't directly relevant to the needs of Script A, then compile script A before replacing B & C with backup copies of their original PSCs?

My understanding is that as long as the Script-A related stuff in B&C are fine, since I'm only actually compiling Script A, this will allow A to compile without bugging out, but since B and C already exist in their pre-compiled versions, and the stuff I deleted had nothing to do with A, nothing gets broken?

I dunno if my thought process is possible or if I'm nutty, but figured I'd ask here since I want to tweak a little thing in SLS right now :)

[What I wanted to try out in this instance: Adding two semi colons to the _SLS_SexExperience script to comment out the spell effects toggling on and off. This would mean SLS tracks all the statistics, creature corruption happens, etc. but it nixes the buffs; unfortunately the chain of script links goes down a very deep rabbit hole as I discovered :D ]

Have a sexy skyrim weekend!

24 minutes ago, alphabetsoupdog1234 said:

What I wanted to try out in this instance: Adding two semi colons to the _SLS_SexExperience script to comment out the spell effects toggling on and off. This would mean SLS tracks all the statistics, creature corruption happens, etc. but it nixes the buffs; unfortunately the chain of script links goes down a very deep rabbit hole as I discovered :D ]

Dunno if that's a good idea. I've semi anecdotal evidence that it doesn't work that way; 

While working on amp tweak I changed the meat of the main function but the function name and parameters remained the same and the results were the same. It should be backward compatible with older mods that used original amputator but I had reports (unconfirmed though) that it didn't. 

Perhaps you could just change the magic effects in tesedit to be benign instead?

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Dunno if that's a good idea. I've semi anecdotal evidence that it doesn't work that way; 

While working on amp tweak I changed the meat of the main function but the function name and parameters remained the same and the results were the same. It should be backward compatible with older mods that used original amputator but I had reports (unconfirmed though) that it didn't. 

Perhaps you could just change the magic effects in tesedit to be benign instead?

(I replaced TESEDIT with xEdit in my comment because my brain just automatically translated it to the generic term; only noticed afterwards I was calling it by a different name)

I dunno why but even though I used xEdit for changing a lot of values (someone had a script on the nexus at one point that made all selected armors into clothing mechanically), assigning what I felt were more appropriate armor values for some mod armors, even changing default outfits once... I never considered that I might be able to change magic effects with it.

Always just assumed that was something you used the CK for and the idea of mucking about in the CK makes me want to dropkick whoever designed it because it feels like everything is harder to do than it should be, and even just clicking somewhere can be treated as an edit that will do nothing except increase the game's need to calculate changes.

While I feel trying (and finding out whether it worked or not) to gut the unrelated parts of the other PSCs just long enough to compile an updated _SLS_SexExperience script would be cleaner if it worked as expected (and didn't cause weird cascading failures, matching the unconfirmed feedback you got about Amp), the need to hunt through the other scripts and find out what could be gutted sounds like... A lot more work than just tweaking a few values in xEdit. Thanks for the idea :)

7 hours ago, Thornagar said:

are there going to be easier ways too add bikini armours one day other than going through tes5edit?

Unlikely. The bikini exp perks in particular rely on hardcoded keywords to work properly. I'm not even sure fancy mods that allow you to add keywords during runtime actually apply to perks. I've never tested it. Besides, adding keywords at runtime (and most likely every time you load a save) to 100s if not 1000s of items strikes me as inefficient...

If you know what your doing and have it set up already adding keywords should be really quick. Like 1-2 mins even for 100s of armors. There's an even easier way to add keywords with tesedit that corsair thought me. Cant remember it exactly right now though and I've no pc atm. 

5 hours ago, alphabetsoupdog1234 said:

(I replaced TESEDIT with xEdit in my comment because my brain just automatically translated it to the generic term; only noticed afterwards I was calling it by a different name)

I dunno why but even though I used xEdit for changing a lot of values (someone had a script on the nexus at one point that made all selected armors into clothing mechanically), assigning what I felt were more appropriate armor values for some mod armors, even changing default outfits once... I never considered that I might be able to change magic effects with it.

Always just assumed that was something you used the CK for and the idea of mucking about in the CK makes me want to dropkick whoever designed it because it feels like everything is harder to do than it should be, and even just clicking somewhere can be treated as an edit that will do nothing except increase the game's need to calculate changes.

While I feel trying (and finding out whether it worked or not) to gut the unrelated parts of the other PSCs just long enough to compile an updated _SLS_SexExperience script would be cleaner if it worked as expected (and didn't cause weird cascading failures, matching the unconfirmed feedback you got about Amp), the need to hunt through the other scripts and find out what could be gutted sounds like... A lot more work than just tweaking a few values in xEdit. Thanks for the idea :)

Yea. Just add condition GetIsId Player = 0 to the magic effects and it should never apply. Create it as an override and it should work with future versions as well as long as there's no changes in that area ofc.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Unlikely. The bikini exp perks in particular rely on hardcoded keywords to work properly. I'm not even sure fancy mods that allow you to add keywords during runtime actually apply to perks. I've never tested it. Besides, adding keywords at runtime (and most likely every time you load a save) to 100s if not 1000s of items strikes me as inefficient...

If you know what your doing and have it set up already adding keywords should be really quick. Like 1-2 mins even for 100s of armors. There's an even easier way to add keywords with tesedit that corsair thought me. Cant remember it exactly right now though and I've no pc atm. 

Yea. Just add condition GetIsId Player = 0 to the magic effects and it should never apply. Create it as an override and it should work with future versions as well as long as there's no changes in that area ofc.

It would be the first time for me and I am completly puzzled by it I wish the tutorial was a bit better or maybe has a video

On 2/27/2022 at 4:26 AM, Monoman1 said:

Oh, good to know. Don't know much about magic effects, never got very deep into skyrim mod making, just tweak values here and there in scripts and with armor/clothing sets (better than daedric armor tier robes seem... Odd to me) or weapons. So magic effects are something I was basically just going to go in and be like: "Uhhhhhhh zero," thank you for your guidance :)

On 2/27/2022 at 6:47 AM, Thornagar said:

{regarding bikini armor keywords}

It would be the first time for me and I am completly puzzled by it I wish the tutorial was a bit better or maybe has a video

The following is what *I DID* in SSEEdit (should be essentially identical in TESEDIT and Oldrim but confirm before assuming it worked and always always always back up plugins so when something goes wrong you can revert).

1) Open xEdit

2) Right click> Unselect all (why load everything you don't need?)

3) Select SL Survival

4) Select relevant outfit mod

5) On the left, without expanding anything, find the outfit mod, select and right click > Add master > SL Survival [now armors in this mod can pull keywords from SLS]

6) Find the outfit(s) in one mod (expand on the left, first the mod name, then the ARMOR section) that you want to add the keywords to, select all of them; Right click > Apply script > find "ADD_SL_KEYWORD_ARMOR"* (edited from: "Skyrim - Add keywords") and confirm the keyword code is correct (see below)

7) Repeat 6 for other mods that have armor pieces you want to add the keyword to.

*Note this is just what I called my edited script; obviously yours could be called something else.

Changes from the original Skyrim - Add keywords script :

~ Line 13

slKeywords := TStringList.Create;
  slKeywords.Add('0001E719'); // WeapMaterialSteel
  slKeywords.Add('0008F958'); // VendorItemWeapon

becomes

slKeywords.Add('XXXXXXXX'); // _SLS_Bikini_Keyword

---

Also delete or comment out ~line 30:

// apply only to weapons
  if Signature(e) <> 'WEAP' then
    Exit;

The value where I have "XXXXXXXX" is based on where SLS is in your current load order, so check each time you do this (need to confirm the script matches SLS's keyword ID in your current xEdit session; if you close and relaunch the program just double check. Save yourself a possible headache. Personally if I add another armor I want to make bikini, I just use the already saved "SLS Keyword" version and change the hex to match.

Easiest way to find the code for the keyword: grab a piece of armor, find the keywords section, search for the _SLS_Bikini_Keyword and see what it says there.

If I remember correctly, only the BODY pieces need to have the keyword set, but don't quote me on that. At the same time, I also added SOS as a master and added another line to add the SOS_Revealing to them. Mostly because occasionally if you have a female schlong in SOS (whether it's a dick, a placeholder to mark there shouldn't be one, or pubic hair or whatever) it can do stupid things with armor only marked as 'schlongified' in the mod and suddenly you can't wear panties and a bra anymore.

There are other ways, but this one frontloads the work (making minor modifications to the script and saving them) and once that's done the keywords themselves get added stupid fast.

Edited by alphabetsoupdog1234
Copied into notepad and copied back to remove the random strikeout that wasn't considered formatting. No clue where it came from.
17 hours ago, Thornagar said:

are there going to be easier ways too add bikini armours one day other than going through tes5edit?

There are a couple of patches from the community that already have the keywords for SLS_bikini used for bikini experience, but it depends on your TAWOBA version.  I think there's like 6 versions LE/SE.  The problem is finding the patches because most are deep in the forum posts and the search feature is not good enough.  Using Google  against the site has better results.

What armor mod you want to add the keywords?

Edited by safado
14 hours ago, safado said:

There are a couple of patches from the community that already have the keywords for SLS_bikini used for bikini experience, but it depends on your TAWOBA version.  I think there's like 6 versions LE/SE.  The problem is finding the patches because most are deep in the forum posts and the search feature is not good enough.  Using Google  against the site has better results.

What armor mod you want to add the keywords?

Amazing world of bikini armour

16 hours ago, alphabetsoupdog1234 said:

Oh, good to know. Don't know much about magic effects, never got very deep into skyrim mod making, just tweak values here and there in scripts and with armor/clothing sets (better than daedric armor tier robes seem... Odd to me) or weapons. So magic effects are something I was basically just going to go in and be like: "Uhhhhhhh zero," thank you for your guidance :)

The following is what *I DID* in SSEEdit (should be essentially identical in TESEDIT and Oldrim but confirm before assuming it worked and always always always back up plugins so when something goes wrong you can revert).

1) Open xEdit

2) Right click> Unselect all (why load everything you don't need?)

3) Select SL Survival

4) Select relevant outfit mod

5) On the left, without expanding anything, find the outfit mod, select and right click > Add master > SL Survival [now armors in this mod can pull keywords from SLS]

6) Find the outfit(s) in one mod (expand on the left, first the mod name, then the ARMOR section) that you want to add the keywords to, select all of them; Right click > Apply script > find "ADD_SL_KEYWORD_ARMOR"* (edited from: "Skyrim - Add keywords") and confirm the keyword code is correct (see below)

7) Repeat 6 for other mods that have armor pieces you want to add the keyword to.

*Note this is just what I called my edited script; obviously yours could be called something else.

Changes from the original Skyrim - Add keywords script :

~ Line 13

slKeywords.Add('0001E719'); // WeapMaterialSteel
  slKeywords.Add('0008F958'); // VendorItemWeapon

becomes

slKeywords.Add('XXXXXXXX'); // _SLS_Bikini_Keyword

---

Also delete or comment out ~line 30:

// apply only to weapons
  if Signature(e) <> 'WEAP' then
    Exit;

The value where I have "XXXXXXXX" is based on where SLS is in your current load order, so check each time you do this (need to confirm the script matches SLS's keyword ID in your current xEdit session; if you close and relaunch the program just double check. Save yourself a possible headache. Personally if I add another armor I want to make bikini, I just use the already saved "SLS Keyword" version and change the hex to match.

Easiest way to find the code for the keyword: grab a piece of armor, find the keywords section, search for the _SLS_Bikini_Keyword and see what it says there.

If I remember correctly, only the BODY pieces need to have the keyword set, but don't quote me on that. At the same time, I also added SOS as a master and added another line to add the SOS_Revealing to them. Mostly because occasionally if you have a female schlong in SOS (whether it's a dick, a placeholder to mark there shouldn't be one, or pubic hair or whatever) it can do stupid things with armor only marked as 'schlongified' in the mod and suddenly you can't wear panties and a bra anymore.

There are other ways, but this one frontloads the work (making minor modifications to the script and saving them) and once that's done the keywords themselves get added stupid fast.

hey thank you, are the lines crossed out on purpose?

Hi all,

First of all a big thank you for this mod.

I've been playing with it and fiddling around with the different settings for a while now, and I really appreciate the modular construction, allowing you to pick and choose, turning off features you don't like and customizing those you do like.

One of the features I really like is the fact of being unable to pick locks or pickpocket when in heavy bondage. Now, I know next to nothing about coding, and I have no clue how difficult it would be to implement, but would you consider to implement the same restrictions, preventing you from mining or collecting herbs when the PC is tied up?

19 minutes ago, Diziet said:

Hi all,

First of all a big thank you for this mod.

I've been playing with it and fiddling around with the different settings for a while now, and I really appreciate the modular construction, allowing you to pick and choose, turning off features you don't like and customizing those you do like.

One of the features I really like is the fact of being unable to pick locks or pickpocket when in heavy bondage. Now, I know next to nothing about coding, and I have no clue how difficult it would be to implement, but would you consider to implement the same restrictions, preventing you from mining or collecting herbs when the PC is tied up?

Might not be that hard. I thought harvesting was already blocked when in an armbinder though...? I'm probably wrong.

13 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Might not be that hard. I thought harvesting was already blocked when in an armbinder though...? I'm probably wrong.

Thank you for the quick answer. I just double-checked, even locked in bondage mittens and a straight jacket, I was still able to pick herbs and mine some ore.

8 hours ago, Thornagar said:

Amazing world of bikini armour

My version of The Amazing World Of Bikini Armour (TAWOBA) Rebalance patch with SLS_Bikini keyword.  (no baka or SL Aroused keywords)

For original: TAWOBA

Recommended installing this and overwrite with updated ESP: TAWOBA: Rebalance

TAWoBA_Rebalance_SLS.

You can merge the ESP with TAWOBA to free up load list space.

You can merge any patch that add keywords. 

TAWoBA_Rebalance_SLS.7z SkyrimLE Form43 ESP

Check this for adding keyword yourself to any armor:

Spoiler

Edited by safado
31 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Guess it's unrelated to UUNP/CBBE or any other type of female glory?

AH! esp only

It is a record override patch.  Technically add support to original SkyrimLE TAWOBA for Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, and Clothing and Clutter Fixes, and SL Survival.

Rebalance also updates the armor stats to fit the integration.  Only SL Survival and Dawnguard are masters.  Everything else is soft dependency.

Edited by safado
On 2/28/2022 at 5:11 AM, Thornagar said:

hey thank you, are the lines crossed out on purpose?

You are welcome.

As for the question: I have *absolutely no idea* how that happened. After I posted it I saw it and was like "wtf" so went back to edit it. I selected the text and pressed "strike out" and it does nothing (it's treated as though they're not struck out), pressing it again unhighlighted the 'strike out text' formatting option soooooo... Copy/paste kept the not-strikeoutformatting-strikeouts, so... I just shrugged and left it.

Thinking about it now, I probably could've copied it into notepad (which has no formatting capability), erased everything, then copied it back and seen if that worked...

Edited by alphabetsoupdog1234
Welp, doing that did work. Took all of like 10 seconds too. /facepalm
On 2/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, safado said:

My version of The Amazing World Of Bikini Armour (TAWOBA) Rebalance patch with SLS_Bikini keyword.  (no baka or SL Aroused keywords)

For original: TAWOBA

Recommended installing this and overwrite with updated ESP: TAWOBA: Rebalance

TAWoBA_Rebalance_SLS.

You can merge the ESP with TAWOBA to free up load list space.

You can merge any patch that add keywords. 

TAWoBA_Rebalance_SLS.7z SkyrimLE Form43 ESP

Check this for adding keyword yourself to any armor:

Hide contents

I am having trouble installing the patch could you tell me how too do it properly as I always crash when opening the game.

Edited by Thornagar
6 hours ago, Sierrok said:

Is the whore license functional? I have it, but it acts just like the regular curfew license.

< 0.675 Whore licence is just a cheaper curfew licence. 

>= 0.675 Buying a whore licence makes you a public whore (Needs the mod 'Public Whore'). It's a low effort, but decent tie-in until I can come up with something better. 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/149018-wartimes-a-daughters-tale-le-alternate-start-scenario/?do=findComment&comment=3436353

18 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

>= 0.675 Buying a whore licence makes you a public whore (Needs the mod 'Public Whore'). It's a low effort, but decent tie-in until I can come up with something better.

I like this feature. I have been using it. ?

This SLS feature motivated me to install Public Whore again, and it's been a lot of fun! Thanks! ❤️