9 minutes ago, Xiaron said:

If you don't want to use some part of SLS, just turn it off? Everything you've mentioned has a toggle to disable it, and Monoman has said more than once he's not interested in pulling bits of SLS out into smaller mods.

oh you're right sorry but i will loose all what it rest of my mind trying to make THE perfect LO for me to play without beeing annoyed in 2 weeks

i'm a dumb and not even remembered the required mods for SLS to work

thanks again for your answer

ok with 0.674 time does seem to advance when i fast travel from city to city but it doesn't advance like it should. during fast travelling from whiterun to solitude only 13 minutes passed in game. maybe it was same with the other version i tried but idk fosho as i didn't keep the track of time that closely then. moreover i found out that it only happens with taxed locations (walled cities) any location other than  those does not seem to be affected. also fast travelling from taxed location to non taxed location or vice versa does not seem to be affected either.  

another issue i am facing is civilian npcs not reacting or turning hostile when i steal items or things however guards do react and attack me on sight. 

i would also like to have some insight on fondle creature feature as in older version that i was using fondle option was globally available on all supported creature types however in the latest version it doesn't seem to be the case. 

am i supposed to add each creature type to some list first in order to have fondle option available on them? 

@safado@donttouchmethere@Silvain

Edit1: Found this in fallrimtools. I think those scripts are from older sls i was using.

Chygyhe.jpg

Edit2: ***another issue i am facing is civilian npcs not reacting or turning hostile when i steal items or things however guards do react and attack me on sight**** sorry! somehow civilian do react for stealing on my other character tho it seems to be quite different from Vanilla. E.g i stole some items from hunters at hot springs but only after i stole a clothing item they reacted. I will check it thoroughly on my main character later and report back.

Edited by Hannibal139
9 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

somehow civilian do react for stealing on my other character tho it seems to be quite different from Vanilla.

Yes, check the MCM how NPC should react. They shouldn't become hostile but maybe add DDs on you or drug you.

Edit1: Found this in fallrimtools. I think those scripts are from older sls i was using.

Did you clean your save after updating SLS mid game?

advance when i fast travel from city to city but it doesn't advance like it should. during fast travelling from whiterun to solitude only 13 minutes passed in game

I think I missed something. Why is that important?

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Yes, check the MCM how NPC should react. They shouldn't become hostile but maybe add DDs on you or drug you.

thanks for clarifying that

Did you clean your save after updating SLS mid game?

it was on whim actually. i did not clean my save file right after installing the latest version. i thought sls was going to overwrite all old files from v.431 and i won't be needing to clean my save file. but after loading the save file in fallrimtools and posting the picture here, i compared the content of both latest and older sls mod archives and found out that some of the script files from older one are not being replaced by latest one. then i decided to clean up the save file that i had saved manually right after installing the latest sls and started setting up the mod menu to my personal preference all over again. however it did not fix the fast travelling bug for me. neither did the tried and tested mod updating method of "Remove old>save>clean save>install new." 

i think this mod demands of me to start over things again lmao. i would have given it that but i can't sacrifice my level 67 main character who btw is a male. i wasn't using survival with him in all respects.  i had left almost all the features disabled in older version for him except licence system. i had the same plans with latest version too but unfortunately it is bugging out the vanilla fast travelling mechanics to some extent for me. although it shouldn't be a nuisance to my other two female characters as one is just a level one succubi living in goma pero land and not used to adventure around lol and other one is just a level 5 redguard drug addict dwelling in whiterun sewers (skoomawhore mod). my actual plan was to progress the redguard character a bit further into her story and for that i have been updating and installing some new mods lately but now i kinda have changed my mind.

I think I missed something. Why is that important?

honestly i wouldn't mind it, if it was an intentional feature by the mod creator but I don't think it is and that reason alone is causing uncertainty in my head lmao

anyways thanks for all the help i honestly appreciate it. 

i am gonna stick to older version till i am done with my main character T_T

12 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

I don't think it is and that reason alone is causing uncertainty in my head lmao

I know that feeling lol

If I ever worry about fast traveling ingame times, I've done it, because that means I have no other worries anymore ?

12 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

"Remove old>save>clean save>install new." 

That's the only way I updated SLS mid game so far. If you keep the json for the MCM settings there is even a good chance that you not have to modify all MCM setting again.

SLS just changes too much as if I would update it by just overwriting the old version. Then again I'm paranoid and do the save cleaning procedure with every mod I exchange or update ?

23 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

I just searched an old save for those script instances, but I can't find any of those that start with a '#'

What did I miss?

Edited by donttouchmethere
11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I know that feeling lol

If I ever worry about fast traveling ingame times, I've done it, because that means I have no other worries anymore ?

That's the only way I updated SLS mid game so far. If you keep the json for the MCM settings there is even a good chance that you not have to modify all MCM setting again.

SLS just changes too much as if I would update it by just overwriting the old version. Then again I'm paranoid and do the save cleaning procedure with every mod I exchange or update ?

11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I just searched an old save for those script instances, but I can't any of those that start with a '#'

What did I miss?

honestly you can't ask a noob such question. i have no clue about that but afaik you won't usually find them in your save file unless it is a save made after updating or removing the mod. you need to load up that exact uncleand save in fallrimtools that you may have made after updating or removing the mod and I don't know what i am talking about lol

anyways i am uploading the raw files of those scripts just in case you want to examine them  and i apologize in advance if it causes any violation to author's terms and conditions.

scripts.7z

11 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

i did not clean my save file right after installing the latest version. i thought sls was going to overwrite all old files from v.431 and i won't be needing to clean my save file.

This is probably the reason for most of the weird stuff happening in your game. Monoman does a good job at making versions of SLS easy to upgrade but going from v.431 to v.6xx is a huge jump in scope and changes to scripts. 

There is nothing really that I can recommend for fixing that other than sticking with your current version for your long running save or try the "clean save" procedure. But even that is a bit risky. In my experience - especially on long running saves - scripts from other mods have a chance to break when changing your load order (which automatically happens when disabling the old version and saving without it) causing even more issues and weird stuff to happen. 

It is kind of safe to do when the mod you are updating is at the end of the load order or nothing script heavy comes after it. I wouldn't recommend it still. 

4 minutes ago, Hannibal139 said:

you need to load up that exact uncleand save in fallrimtools that you may have made after updating or removing the mod and I don't know what i am talking about lol

It's a lead alright, I cheated and loaded a cleaned save to look good. I will search for a messed up one #skyrimsavegamemysteries #myscriptslaughingatme #sortyourdmanskyrimfilestheyareeverywhere

6 minutes ago, Hannibal139 said:

anyways i am uploading the raw files of those scripts just in case you want to examine them  and i apologize in advance if it causes any violation to author's terms and conditions.

ME? Analyzing? I'm only 1% above noob ?

I think you will only have to excuse for violations on your own game.

Downloaded it, me curious.

Great file name >.<

15 minutes ago, Silvain said:

This is probably the reason for most of the weird stuff happening in your game. Monoman does a good job at making versions of SLS easy to upgrade but going from v.431 to v.6xx is a huge jump in scope and changes to scripts. 

There is nothing really that I can recommend for fixing that other than sticking with your current version for your long running save or try the "clean save" procedure. But even that is a bit risky. In my experience - especially on long running saves - scripts from other mods have a chance to break when changing your load order (which automatically happens when disabling the old version and saving without it) causing even more issues and weird stuff to happen. 

It is kind of safe to do when the mod you are updating is at the end of the load order or nothing script heavy comes after it. I wouldn't recommend it still. 

Read this

Screenshot_20211221-161024.jpg

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

It's a lead alright, I cheated and loaded a cleaned save to look good. I will search for a messed up one #skyrimsavegamemysteries #myscriptslaughingatme #sortyourdmanskyrimfilestheyareeverywhere

ME? Analyzing? I'm only 1% above noob ?

I think you will only have to excuse for violations on your own game.

Downloaded it, me curious.

Great file name >.<

Dude i thought you are some sort of technical juggernaut lol

5 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

Read this

Well, I don't think the fast travel bug you have has its origin with SLS. As far as I know SLS only prevents fast traveling and does nothing to the time scale. It does modify the value wich enables/disables fast traveling in certain world spaces. That is also the reason why the MCM says "Disable this if you have another mod changing this". It would just turn it on again. 

Concerning the "missing" scripts: If the mod author did not fuck up and just forgot to include some scripts it is very unlikely that "missing" scripts between versions are an actual reason of concern. They may just have been consolidated into other script files in the process of cleaning up stuff on the mod author side of things.

Copying over the "old" scripts (if that is what you have done) does nothing in the best case or breaks stuff in the worst case. If the mod author does not explicitly tells you that doing this is fine to fix something just don't do it. 

19 hours ago, Hannibal139 said:

i thought sls was going to overwrite all old files from v.431

Some scripts were likely retired. 

V.431 you say...

many of the updates required you to manually do something yourself. Unfortunately most of the changelog that contained the instructions has been lost. You're better off either clean save or better just go new game. SLS is a bit pointless on installing on games where you're already super powerful anyway. 

On 12/18/2021 at 7:51 AM, Hannibal139 said:

time doesn't elapse while i fast travel from City to City,

I'd seriously doubt this is anything to do with SLS. I definitely don't have it and I've never heard of anyone else with it. I wouldn't even know how to change it. 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, Koozie said:

@Monoman1

Hello I want to create compatibility interface for cold and need mod for Sunhelm. I think the easiest way is to replace frostfall and RND interfaces. It woould be 4 files. Should I edit any other part of mod or 4 files should be enough. Files:_SLS_InterfaceFrostfall,_SLS_InterfaceRnd,_SLS_IntFrost,_SLS_IntRnd.

Do what you want but I'd have reservations. 

- what version of sls will it be based on? The version here? The beta on the features page? The wartimes beta? (There might be no difference)

- do you plan on maintaining it? 

These are rhetorical questions for you. 

I can just see people updating one and not the other (or vice versa) and end up with messed up scripts which (usually) I'll bear the brunt of. 

I want to do it for myself not for publishing. I can send it when it's done to decide if you want to include it in next version of SLS.I want to do it for myself not for publishing. I can send it when it's done for you to decide if you want to include it in next version of SLS. And starting point would be beta version.

9 hours ago, Koozie said:

I want to do it for myself not for publishing. I can send it when it's done to decide if you want to include it in next version of SLS.I want to do it for myself not for publishing. I can send it when it's done for you to decide if you want to include it in next version of SLS. And starting point would be beta version.

I've thought more about this. I don't know these new mods but if they are a replacements for rnd and frostfall then you really should use a 'forking' script (i don't know the technical term). 

Rnd has a forking script between rnd/ineed (sls_needs). Frostfall does not have a forking script so you'd have to create one similiar to sls_needs and then redirect all existing frostfall function calls in every script through this new fork script and recompile them. 

Simply Patching rnd / frostfall is not a good approach IMO. As always nothings ever simple. I might try to do the fork scripts for you as its a fairly heavy change involving a lot of scripts but I've no idea when I can get to it. This would allow you to focus on creating the 2 new needs/warmth scripts. 

Edit: you should also use the wartime beta as its the latest. (Link in my sig)

Edited by Monoman1
20 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

SLS is a bit pointless on installing on games where you're already super powerful anyway. 

bro i am tired lol anyways here is my bit of relevant response to your comment. i am actually quoting it from my response to @donttouchmethere's comment.

"it shouldn't be a nuisance to my other two female characters as one is just a level one succubi living in goma pero land and not used to adventure around lol and other one is just a level 5 redguard drug addict dwelling in whiterun sewers (skoomawhore mod). my actual plan was to progress the redguard character a bit further into her story and for that i have been updating and installing some new mods lately but now i kinda have changed my mind" 

i don't want to use sls on my main character except licence system as i am using in older sls. but for my other two female characters i feel it is a must have mod for me especially for my junkie character lol.

20 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'd seriously doubt this is anything to do with SLS.

well bro i tested it one more time after creating a separate profile in MO and enabling only below mentioned plugins for it

skyrim including update and all dlcs

USLEEP

sexlab

simply knock

sl survival

skyui

ASLAL

started a new game and chose the default male nord as character without fiddling around with character menu. let your and other mods register, waited for 5mins in rwt and made a manual save after. quit the game, launched it again, loaded that manual save and let the sexlab finish its initialising process. afterwards went straight into MCM but didn't touch any mod menu except sls's and disabled (unchecked) only following features in it:

. map and compass mechanics

. both of the fast travel options

. licence system

. toll system

. curfew

(disabled only one option at a time and each time exited to game from the mod menu). finally went to mara's alter and chose whiterun house option from "i own a property in one of the holds" dialogue. activated bed and was immediately teleported to said house. went outdoors and activated all map locations with tmm 1 command in Console window. started fast travelling to all major cities from one to another. below are some test results: 

whiterun to riften = 30mins approx

riften to windhelm = 30mins approx

windhelm to solitude = 30mins approx

solitude to markarth = vanilla timescale (day actually turned almost night this time)

markarth to whiterun = 30mins approx

started going reverse

whiterun to markarth = 30mins approx

markarth to solitude = 30mins approx

solitude to windhelm = vanilla timescale :)

windhelm to riften = 30mins approx

riften to whiterun = 30mins approx

in the above test apart from timescale for fast travel from solitude to other major cities being unaffected by the bug, the duration of time elapse actually doubled while fast travelling from one major city to another as in my other few mid game tests it was somewhat close to 15mins approx igt. 

In case you have not read all of my previous comments regarding this bug maybe because of time shortage, it is important that i tell you this bug only affects major cities (taxed) and nothing else. travelling from other locations to major cities or vice versa is not affected either. I am at the end of my wits now. i did all that i could T_T 

And honestly i don't doubt you, i know that you are a talented modder. I am quite satisfied with older version too so don't worry about. Thank you :)

Edited by Hannibal139
22 hours ago, Silvain said:

Well, I don't think the fast travel bug you have has its origin with SLS. As far as I know SLS only prevents fast traveling and does nothing to the time scale. It does modify the value wich enables/disables fast traveling in certain world spaces. That is also the reason why the MCM says "Disable this if you have another mod changing this". It would just turn it on again. 

Concerning the "missing" scripts: If the mod author did not fuck up and just forgot to include some scripts it is very unlikely that "missing" scripts between versions are an actual reason of concern. They may just have been consolidated into other script files in the process of cleaning up stuff on the mod author side of things.

Copying over the "old" scripts (if that is what you have done) does nothing in the best case or breaks stuff in the worst case. If the mod author does not explicitly tells you that doing this is fine to fix something just don't do it. 

honestly I don't know much about functionality of scripts. i only considered it as a possibility of problem but thanks to you, whatever misconceptions i had, have been now cleared up :)

Hey, I was wondering if anyone might have a patch for the DeviceList,json that removes all the modern styled or gold (AKA bright yellow) devices from the mod?

Or if not could anyone explain how/if it's possible please?

I've searched through the pages of this thread for an answer and only found some vague refences that I don't understand.

I love this mod so far but having a guy clamp a bright yellow collar on my character is kinda killing the immersion.

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Niiya Narayan said:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone might have a patch for the DeviceList,json that removes all the modern styled or gold (AKA bright yellow) devices from the mod?

Or if not could anyone explain how/if it's possible please?

I've searched through the pages of this thread for an answer and only found some vague refences that I don't understand.

I love this mod so far but having a guy clamp a bright yellow collar on my character is kinda killing the immersion.

Thanks in advance!

I prefer the simple iron ring collar to be used as the Magic Curse collar.

I edit the SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\SL Survival\DeviceList.json file to change the following sections to only have one entry each:

"collars" : 
        [
            "124552|Devious Devices - Expansion.esm"
        ],

"steelcollars" : 
        [
            "124551|Devious Devices - Expansion.esm"
        ],

On 12/30/2021 at 2:51 PM, Herowynne said:

I prefer the simple iron ring collar to be used as the Magic Curse collar.

I edit the SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\SL Survival\DeviceList.json file to change the following sections to only have one entry each:

"collars" : 
        [
            "124552|Devious Devices - Expansion.esm"
        ],

"steelcollars" : 
        [
            "124551|Devious Devices - Expansion.esm"
        ],

Thank you!