15 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Seems miss Corsayr is AWOL unfortunately... 

Silvain has kindly been converting it here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/149018-wartimes-a-daughters-tale-le-alternate-start-scenario/?do=findComment&comment=3463767

Sounds like a stuck script. Haven't had any other similar reports that I can remember. 

If I were you I'd examine a save in Falrim tools and check for oddities - active scripts/suspended stack

Thank you, Monoman, you guys are great. I can't seem to get any of the new SE conversions to work with Skyrim AE 1.6 however. Not Silvain's not anyones. Almost all of the new SE conversions for the big big mods, like Raven Beak, Survival, etc., make my game....do weird things with 700 mods installed. I load a save with 100 hours..........and it restarts the game with all my quests broken back in Riverwood as if the Live Another Life mod wasnt installed. I also can't start a new game. The Mara Statue screen freezes the load and mods begin installing...get this, on the Main fucking Menu. Weird stuff right? Have you ever seen Sexlab initiate an install on the main menu??? I never have. If I don't install Raven Beak, Survival, or any of the new conversions, my game works flawwwwwwwlessly. Literally the best most stable playthrough I've seen in 11 years of modding Skyrim.

I don't know what to think about this. I've never experienced this massive of a glitch when just installing mods in my lifetime. I can only assume it's an incompatibility with Alternate Start, maybe not. Maybe it's just the sheer number of mods I've installed and plugins I have active. They're all espfes and esls, but then again....I have noticed when some people say theyve flagged an esp as an esl, it actually doesn't always work. ESLs can go over the limit too, sometimes. I have tested this with 260 esls. Specific esl files can still count as an esp. The scary thing is, the game will still try to run when ESLs go over the limit, but you will notice esls and esps go missing and it will say when loading a save files are deactivated that are not actually deactivated. I have tested this rigorously and found that this happens anytime an esl specifically, that is malfunctioning in it's esl converted state, is randomly picked as the "overcharge" (ie. mod that breaks the camel's back) and then is deactivated on load.

Problems like this are extreeeeeemly beyond my knowledge. And I'm just going to have to wait...another year I suppose. After my last run with Sexlab Survival 2 years ago, I decided to wait a long long time. And it looks like I'm going to have to wait a long long time again to see if the conversions finally catch up, that's all assuming this problem is date-related. Skyrim AE 1.6 is so far superior to any version of Skyim I've ever witnessed. It can handle the most insane amount of mods, so I do believe it will happen

but I really need to thank you very very seriously, Monoman.

I've met very very few people who have stuck with it as long as you. I know you're still living in the past with LE, but I don't care; you're amazing. I love you and appreciate you. I've been using your stuff for years and years and years without commenting or anything. I need to finally say, thank you very very much for your stalwart march towards a working version of whatever you work on. I really appreciate what modders like you do, and how long you can stay at it. So I just wanted you to know, I've only seen Survival work in one playthrough with over 500 mods, but you're my hero.

Edited by LynErso666

I've been enjoying SLS, but I did run into something unexpected - another mod sending me away from a city without giving me a chance to pay the toll. By the time I could get back, the grace period had expired. Is there a good way to set the toll to "paid" for these cases, even if it's just running console commands?

Felt a bit silly getting punished because I opted to work off my bounty through SLUTS instead of prison, and I expect I'd have the same troubles if POP sent me to SSLV from a walled city.

1 hour ago, subman109 said:

Just curious, is there any way to disable the Armor License? I just want to have the magic license enabled with my current playthrough, but it seems it's not a option

All of the licenses are optional. There's two MCM pages for them that both have a scroll bar - armor licenses are on the right about halfway down the first one.

12 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

I did run into something unexpected - another mod sending me away from a city without giving me a chance to pay the toll. By the time I could get back, the grace period had expired. Is there a good way to set the toll to "paid" for these cases, even if it's just running console commands?

There are MCM options to reset the toll-skipping for each city.

1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

Huh. I didn't realize those were clickables, I figured they were just there to check the status.

Yes, you can click them to toggle them from TRUE to FALSE.

@Monoman1 provided those toggles for exactly the situation you described: "another mod sending me away from a city without giving me a chance to pay the toll"

I've been using this mod for a while now and it has become a favorite and essential, loaded in every playthrough. 

However, would there be a way to add a feature, something like the ability to transfer or purchase licenses for followers? For example, would there be a way to make it so that followers would also need licenses in their inventory in order for them to use weapons, armor, clothing, magic? If they didn't have a license, and you tried to give them a weapon or non-licensed armor, it would just be returned to the PC's inventory, sort of like how it happens now regarding how followers won't carry contraband. 

2 hours ago, CommunistNinja said:

I've been using this mod for a while now and it has become a favorite and essential, loaded in every playthrough. 

However, would there be a way to add a feature, something like the ability to transfer or purchase licenses for followers? For example, would there be a way to make it so that followers would also need licenses in their inventory in order for them to use weapons, armor, clothing, magic? If they didn't have a license, and you tried to give them a weapon or non-licensed armor, it would just be returned to the PC's inventory, sort of like how it happens now regarding how followers won't carry contraband. 

Sounds pretty hot to me, but mechanically and practically that also sounds like a nightmare to implement.

Edited by Lute
On 3/18/2022 at 1:22 AM, LynErso666 said:

Thank you, Monoman, you guys are great. I can't seem to get any of the new SE conversions to work with Skyrim AE 1.6 however. Not Silvain's not anyones. Almost all of the new SE conversions for the big big mods, like Raven Beak, Survival, etc., make my game....do weird things with 700 mods installed. I load a save with 100 hours..........and it restarts the game with all my quests broken back in Riverwood as if the Live Another Life mod wasnt installed. I also can't start a new game. The Mara Statue screen freezes the load and mods begin installing...get this, on the Main fucking Menu. Weird stuff right? Have you ever seen Sexlab initiate an install on the main menu??? I never have. If I don't install Raven Beak, Survival, or any of the new conversions, my game works flawwwwwwwlessly. Literally the best most stable playthrough I've seen in 11 years of modding Skyrim.

I don't know what to think about this. I've never experienced this massive of a glitch when just installing mods in my lifetime. I can only assume it's an incompatibility with Alternate Start, maybe not. Maybe it's just the sheer number of mods I've installed and plugins I have active. They're all espfes and esls, but then again....I have noticed when some people say theyve flagged an esp as an esl, it actually doesn't always work. ESLs can go over the limit too, sometimes. I have tested this with 260 esls. Specific esl files can still count as an esp. The scary thing is, the game will still try to run when ESLs go over the limit, but you will notice esls and esps go missing and it will say when loading a save files are deactivated that are not actually deactivated. I have tested this rigorously and found that this happens anytime an esl specifically, that is malfunctioning in it's esl converted state, is randomly picked as the "overcharge" (ie. mod that breaks the camel's back) and then is deactivated on load.

Problems like this are extreeeeeemly beyond my knowledge. And I'm just going to have to wait...another year I suppose. After my last run with Sexlab Survival 2 years ago, I decided to wait a long long time. And it looks like I'm going to have to wait a long long time again to see if the conversions finally catch up, that's all assuming this problem is date-related. Skyrim AE 1.6 is so far superior to any version of Skyim I've ever witnessed. It can handle the most insane amount of mods, so I do believe it will happen

but I really need to thank you very very seriously, Monoman.

I've met very very few people who have stuck with it as long as you. I know you're still living in the past with LE, but I don't care; you're amazing. I love you and appreciate you. I've been using your stuff for years and years and years without commenting or anything. I need to finally say, thank you very very much for your stalwart march towards a working version of whatever you work on. I really appreciate what modders like you do, and how long you can stay at it. So I just wanted you to know, I've only seen Survival work in one playthrough with over 500 mods, but you're my hero.

Afriad I'm not going to be much help here. I know little of SE and basically nothing of AE. 

Have you tried a reverse approach? Enable SLS + requirements first. Then slowly add blocks of other mods afterwards. 

On 3/20/2022 at 3:42 AM, Vaccinated Alligator said:

I was using SLS 0.675 a few days back and noticed that using the Export/Import settings option is not exporting some of the values, such as the Curfew and Property licence costs.

Has it been fixed in the last beta?

No. If anything there are probably more settings that aren't saved/imported because the Mcm script is a bit of a nightmare.

14 hours ago, CommunistNinja said:

Ahh. Maybe later. The licence script needs to be overhauled first before any of that. 

On 3/18/2022 at 2:22 AM, LynErso666 said:

Weird stuff right?

Okay, this may be a very weird issue. Maybe not. I don't know much about AE since I'm still doing fine on SE (around 700 to 800 mods depending on my mood).

First of all the golden rule. https://virginmarie1.wixsite.com/toys/post/golden-rule

Adding to an existing safe is only ever a good idea if the mod can fit at the very end of your LO. You probably already know this so I'm just checking the base.

You probably also have all the AE versions of the requirements listed for SLS and Sexlab. Dunno if the exist already, but it should probably work.

Now... My very very unlikely shot in the blue. Do you use Beyond Skyrim - Bruma together with Alternate Start?

I only ever experienced a similiar problem to yours after I installed Bruma + Alternate Start + an outdated Bruma - Alternate Start patch and THEN going over the 255 esp limit (which may be exaggerated with your "faulty" .esls which I can't say anything about on AE). It basically caused plugins to not load, which made changes that overwrote the faulty patch resulting me teleporting back to the Alernate Start cell from anywhere in the overworld and not being able to leave, often ending in an infinite loading screen.

After this happenend and I went back to the main menu I also had this glitch with mods installing in the main menu. It was fucked beyond anything I've ever seen before.

It's more likely that you have a combination of too many esps and/or faulty requirements. Though I hope my little experience may be able to help you.

4 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

One thing has occurred to me. SLS requires simply knock. But for SE there's a 'SKSE plugin fix' for SK that people needed for SK to work properly. Has that SKSE plugin been updated for AE...?

It was: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24297?tab=description (last update 07 jan 2022) - the fix is actually a DLL file update for SK.

AE is annoying because everytime Bethesda updates the game, SKSE breaks. And Steam always seems to update the game even when you don't ask for it, unless you go in offline mode. That's why I keep two backups of my "old" SSE files.

37 minutes ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

It was: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24297?tab=description (last update 07 jan 2022) - the fix is actually a DLL file update for SK.

AE is annoying because everytime Bethesda updates the game, SKSE breaks. And Steam always seems to update the game even when you don't ask for it, unless you go in offline mode. That's why I keep two backups of my "old" SSE files.

I noticed that Windows 10 has a performance advantage over older version because it delays a little loading non boot/essential services. If Windows is in a fast storage like SSD/Hybrid it will get you to desktop in seconds but Steamservice will not be loaded yet.  If the "skse64_loader.exe" is called before steamservice is fully loaded, the validation will trigger a launch from Steam. Ownership validation is done to maintain Bethesda lawyers happy, but it becomes a launch command if steam is loaded after the request.   The launch will update the SE 1.5 game to 1.6 aka "AE". 

Better have the downgrade mod ready and with a shortcut to the desktop. I use the Best-Of-both-world version.

Edit: It also happens if Steam updates and restart on next run (delay start).

Edited by safado
2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Glad I'm still LE :P

LE forever! ?

You know, I've never had a reason I'd even consider saying you 'must' switch. I'm leaning towards Lux being that reason. This is what it did to your cellar in wartimes (just visited for the first time). The lighting everywhere modders used vanilla fixtures gets these lights. I haven't really calculated how much fps I'm loosing but it's worth it so far. 

20220321130809_1.jpg.540f7c13abb02199ca7796680bedd444.jpg

Edited by PInute
15 minutes ago, PInute said:

You know, I've never had a reason I'd even consider saying you 'must' switch. I'm leaning towards Lux being that reason. This is what it did to your cellar in wartimes (just visited for the first time). The lighting everywhere modders used vanilla fixtures gets these lights. I haven't really calculated how much fps I'm loosing but it's worth it so far. 

Reveal hidden contents

Nope. Not enough. 

I'd consider it for a better frame rate but there's no improvement there as far as I can tell. Fps still piss poor around vanilla cities. 

21 hours ago, safado said:

I noticed that Windows 10 has a performance advantage over older version because it delays a little loading non boot/essential services. If Windows is in a fast storage like SSD/Hybrid it will get you to desktop in seconds but Steamservice will not be loaded yet.  If the "skse64_loader.exe" is called before steamservice is fully loaded, the validation will trigger a launch from Steam. Ownership validation is done to maintain Bethesda lawyers happy, but it becomes a launch command if steam is loaded after the request.   The launch will update the SE 1.5 game to 1.6 aka "AE". 

Better have the downgrade mod ready and with a shortcut to the desktop. I use the Best-Of-both-world version.

Edit: It also happens if Steam updates and restart on next run (delay start).

I have just switched to a new computer and re-downloaded Skyrim through Steam, which gave me the Anniversary Edition. Then, I copied the SE backup to the Steam folder, and it was updated to AE as soon as I closed the game.

Then, I copied SE backup to another folder and created a new instance of MO2 to run Special Edition. Interestingly, when I launch the SE game from MO2, Steam thinks I'm running the AE edition instead. And, this way, does not update the SE game. (Edit: Even the Creation Kit from SE with the fixes is working)

So, for the time being I'm keeping both AE and SE files in separate folders because I have some games that cannot be played offline at Steam. The drawback is that I need about twice the amount of space in the drive, due to having two copies of the "same" game. But it just works (insert Todd Howard meme here :P).

Edited by Vaccinated Alligator
On 3/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, Monoman1 said:

Nope. Not enough. 

I'd consider it for a better frame rate but there's no improvement there as far as I can tell. Fps still piss poor around vanilla cities. 

It's always the same things isn't it. First it's dealing with scripting conflicts then its just enough triangles  and a liveable enb. This is a new install on a shadow blade of all things and I'm working on keeping 45fps looking east from whiterun gates.