23 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

They say the wait I know you line, but when I click on them to talk I get no dialog box at all.

Does that happen in all holds? Try opening the console, clicking on a guard, and typing 'paycrimegold' to clear your bounty (don't know if you need to have the money).
Sexlab Horrible Harassment or Approach (don't remember now) breaks dialogues here every now and then, there's a reset button on its MCM, don't know if that'd be your case.

10 minutes ago, Fulanoo said:

Does that happen in all holds? Try opening the console, clicking on a guard, and typing 'paycrimegold' to clear your bounty (don't know if you need to have the money).
Sexlab Horrible Harassment or Approach (don't remember now) breaks dialogues here every now and then, there's a reset button on its MCM, don't know if that'd be your case.

The paycrimegold command does take the money which is good. ?

But the really odd thing is it also cleared the block on guard dialog so now i can talk to them again... ?

3 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

The paycrimegold command does take the money which is good. ?

But the really odd thing is it also cleared the block on guard dialog so now i can talk to them again... ?

Isn't the vanilla dialogue glitched for females?

55 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

They say the wait I know you line, but when I click on them to talk I get no dialog box at all.

If I remember right this was originally caused by USLEEP undoing a fix put out by Bethesda concerning a vanilla bug for female characters.  I remember running into this problem as well and I think I was able to get the guards to properly arrest me after walking up to a random person and punching them to increase my fine.  THen I put my hands away so the guards wouldn't just murder me.

34 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Isn't the vanilla dialogue glitched for females?

That is what I was wondering about, I could remember there had been a thing a while back were there was some kind of vanilla bug or something where it did a check for sex of the PC and only returned a positive if that was male. This was behaving JUST LIKE that bug. Which is why I asked here, because you are the one that pointed it out long ago. It had somehow managed to get copied over into something like Devious Lore(?) but that got fixed a long time ago. 

But I could not remember enough about it to do a search. ?

So I asked instead, and here we are. ?

Guest AthenaESIV
11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Untitled.jpg.6d120bc27216d19bf82904fb02b35cf6.jpg

Some one was giving out about script counts in mods earlier. Just to give you an idea here is a small section of dialogue I'm working on. How many scripts do you think are involved? There's not that much dialogue right? Couldn't be that many, right? There are at least 13 scripts in this small section of dialogue. Most of them are 1 or maybe 2 lines of code. This is a single short-ish conversation where you decide on a licence you want. Just to give people an idea. 

Please don't judge mods on script count alone. It is a poor indicator. 

Hey Mono on the subject of branching dialog, what kinds of pointers would you make? I have been writing a lot of it for Whorecrux and I feel like my workflow could be better. Currently just fumbling around in CK with it but it is very clunky.

Say I want to do introduce a lot of RNG into it so the NPCs don't just say the same thing over and over as well, but still the conversations and choices tend to keep the same general structure.

• Is CK the best way to do this?
  • Is xEdit good for many types of dialog editing?
  • Is the randomness mentioned above hard to do in dialog trees? 
  • How many layers can a tree have before it becomes almost impossible to manage?
  • Does having deep trees have a negative performance impact in any way?
  • Are there any other 3rd party programs to make dialog creation smoother?
  • Can scripts or other methods move you from one dialog tree to a deep part of another, bypassing all interactions before a certain point?

I guess my questions could go on forever, but any insights you have time or interest to share are appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

580A2 is the whiterun jail 02 Cell

Whoops. 

Look here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99955-sexlab-survival/?do=findComment&comment=2895524

23 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Hey Mono on the subject of branching dialog, what kinds of pointers would you make? I have been writing a lot of it for Whorecrux and I feel like my workflow could be better. Currently just fumbling around in CK with it but it is very clunky.

Say I want to do introduce a lot of RNG into it so the NPCs don't just say the same thing over and over as well, but still the conversations and choices tend to keep the same general structure.

• Is CK the best way to do this?
  • Is xEdit good for many types of dialog editing?
  • Is the randomness mentioned above hard to do in dialog trees? 
  • How many layers can a tree have before it becomes almost impossible to manage?
  • Does having deep trees have a negative performance impact in any way?
  • Are there any other 3rd party programs to make dialog creation smoother?
  • Can scripts or other methods move you from one dialog tree to a deep part of another, bypassing all interactions before a certain point?

I guess my questions could go on forever, but any insights you have time or interest to share are appreciated!

I'll get back to you on this. I'm on my phone (short replies only :)? 

Hi, big fan of the mod here. Easily my top LL mod that's out.

I saw in the FAQ that you were open to suggestions, so I've got one. That said, I don't have modding experience so I can't pretend to know what is feasible and what isn't, or simply what would take too much effort for something that's just not worth the trouble of creating.

A quick search through the thread has led me to see a few suggestions of integration with Sexlab Sex Fame (SLSF) - and maybe this has already been suggested and I skimmed over it - but my idea is that the higher your fame through SLSF, the more harder it is to buy/sell things in towns. If the Dragonborn is a renowned whore, it would reflect badly on the store to have them running around in it, so the prices would be steeper to offset the risk of allowing them to shop there.

The same goes for tolls. It reflects badly on the town to allow well known whore to just go about their business in the town, so they'd need to make it worth the trouble to risk the town's upstanding reputation.

Tl;dr: this is essentially scaling gate tolls and merchant prices based on SLSF data. Renowned whores in a city is bad for a city's reputation.

Again, I have no idea what I am doing. If this doesn't fit the mod, isn't worth the time, or just won't happen for any reason at all, really thanks for at least reading.

5 hours ago, DayTri said:

Not in an unmodded game, for sure

That's not correct. It is glitched for females in vanilla.

If you get a bounty as a female, and you should be able to progress from "Don't I know you" to paying it off, you cannot. Instead you get "Don't I know you..." and then nothing, and there's no way to clear the bounty until you do something that sends you to prison.

I think this was patched by various mods, including SLS?

8 hours ago, ivraell said:

Tl;dr: this is essentially scaling gate tolls and merchant prices based on SLSF data. Renowned whores in a city is bad for a city's reputation.

I'm not sure if that fits or doesn't fit with the SLS mantra. Mostly in SLS women are either whores or wives. Being an adventurer is discouraged.

Perhaps your idea should be reversed? Perhaps not. I'm not sure. 

11 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Is CK the best way to do this?

I think it is. I've never done anything except basic dialogue edits in TesEdit. 

Is xEdit good for many types of dialog editing?

IME the dialogue views are pretty good for visualizing the flow of dialogue. There's also little visual changes if something is 'invisible continue' or exit dialogue or a force greet etc. The only problem with views is that if the dialogue tree gets very big then the responsiveness of the UI goes way down. It can take several seconds to change anything. That doesn't sound like much but when you need to make a lot of changes it becomes a real slog. Ideally try to split the views up as much as possible so that it stays snappy. That's not so easy if you've got a lot of dialogue under one root topic. 

The other problems with views is that once you get used to working in views you won't really want to try the other way -> the manual line by line way. 

Is the randomness mentioned above hard to do in dialog trees? 

Not IME. If you want everything to be equally random you just stuff them all in one info an check the random flag. 

How many layers can a tree have before it becomes almost impossible to manage?

Difficult to say really. Probably depends on hardware as much as how much dialogue there is. 

Does having deep trees have a negative performance impact in any way?

I'd assume that once the root of the dialogue tree has good conditions then the rest of the dialogue check conditions further in should never be checked. And so shouldn't affect performance. This being bethesda though.... who knows. I've never noticed any issues though. 

Are there any other 3rd party programs to make dialog creation smoother?

Not that I'm aware of. 

Can scripts or other methods move you from one dialog tree to a deep part of another, bypassing all interactions before a certain point?

Sure. You can use scripts to perform checks and set a global or script variable or faction or whatever then use built in conditions on the dialogue tree. In the pic I posted there's a bunch of infos in the middle for you to select a licence type you want. If licences are disabled then you're shunted past all that and fast forwarded to the end of the dialogue. See the green line at the bottom of the pic that's a bit cut off? That's if you've got licences disabled. 

I don't know about jumping from one tree to another though. Not sure that's possible. 

1 hour ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Are you talking about "gate curfew" or the "curfew licence"? Both are separated things.

If you have "Gate curfew" enabled, a message will still appear, indicating that you can't leave a walled city if you are inside one.

THOUGH CURFEW IS DISABLED

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

That's not correct. It is glitched for females in vanilla.

If you get a bounty as a female, and you should be able to progress from "Don't I know you" to paying it off, you cannot. Instead you get "Don't I know you..." and then nothing, and there's no way to clear the bounty until you do something that sends you to prison.

I think this was patched by various mods, including SLS?

Wow you are right, I am very surprised. Sorry I didn't believe it, it just seems so strange.

Off topic do you know why this isn't patched in USLEEP? I thought for sure it would at least be fixed there, but seems like not...