7 hours ago, Yukitemi said:

Yeah. But if I go to the kennel keeper, he removes items even non-generic, but puts them back on when I leave. So it happens only when guards send me there.

Yokes, at least, appear to be re-equipped in my testing when sent to the kennel for curfew violations. Other kennel punishment entry points quite likely use the same code. 

13 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yokes, at least, appear to be re-equipped in my testing when sent to the kennel for curfew violations. Other kennel punishment entry points quite likely use the same code.

Damn I started new game to test that and it works. But I recently started with a new save when DCL got updated... Things broke somehow, I have no idea.

Edit: Yeh, it did broke. Loaded earlier save - works there.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

What does the Whore license do?

Or is going to do?

Beyond letting you go out at night?

Right now, nothing. 

Later, who knows. Nothing concrete as of now. Except ideas. For those you'll have to consult the MsPaint chart of dreams

I might just be really fucking dumb, but I can't seem to get the bikini armor mod part to work... Is there like a guide on how to set it up properly? And if no, could someone maybe quickly explain what I have to download (just the bikinifier?) and what else I have to look out for.

59 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

I might just be really fucking dumb, but I can't seem to get the bikini armor mod part to work... Is there like a guide on how to set it up properly? And if no, could someone maybe quickly explain what I have to download (just the bikinifier?) and what else I have to look out for.

If you're talking about bikini distribution then you don't need bikinifier. If you're specifically talking about the build lists button then the stock mod is set up to find vanilla TAWoBAs esp. If you're using a different version then you can find some jsons on the SE page. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

If you're talking about bikini distribution then you don't need bikinifier. If you're specifically talking about the build lists button then the stock mod is set up to find vanilla TAWoBAs esp. If you're using a different version then you can find some jsons on the SE page. 

Thanks for replying so quickly :D So I need to download TAWoBA from Nexus Mods and then the bikinifier for everything to work as intended? I am using Skyrim LE btw.

2 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

So I need to download TAWoBA from Nexus Mods

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

and then the bikinifier for everything to work as intended?

Like I said you don't need bikinifier. SLS itself will distribute bikinis to chests and shops. The beta version also allows you to break regular armors to bikinis. Thats enough in my book. 

Bikinifer is for changing the outfits on npcs. Its not straight forward to use and the load varies from low to high due to 

1. The number of npcs. 

2. How aggressive the settings

3. The quality/size of the textures. 

3 in particular can cause major hitching as all the 2/4/8 k textures are loaded in on cell transitions. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Yes. 

Like I said you don't need bikinifier. SLS itself will distribute bikinis to chests and shops. The beta version also allows you to break regular armors to bikinis. Thats enough in my book. 

Bikinifer is for changing the outfits on npcs. Its not straight forward to use and the load varies from low to high due to 

1. The number of npcs. 

2. How aggressive the settings

3. The quality/size of the textures. 

3 in particular can cause major hitching as all the 2/4/8 k textures are loaded in on cell transitions. 

Ayy thanks I got it working now :D

9 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

oh shoot, I ran into another problem... the tongue that this mod provides is clipping through my characters jaw. It's basically placed too low. Anyone knows what could cause this?

Reinstall. Choose high tongues :P

7 hours ago, TheArchlich said:

Oh, actually talking about tongues...

The tongue animation doesn't work for me at all. All animations just freeze if I select it. Why is that?

And yes, I did run FNIS.

They don't animate. There are some smp tongues doing the rounds. Think I have them somewhere but don't use them because I don't use smp and don't know how they perform. 

On 3/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Herowynne said:

What issues does Devious Cidhna have with DD5 ?

I have both in my load order right now. I haven't noticed problems, but I haven't been looking for problems either.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Same as above, I've been using DD5 and Devious Cidhna  and only know of one problem; in the Bandit scenario in Lost Knife, they try but fail to remove the yoke.  While yoked you can't use the fireplace cooking station which is integral in escaping.  This problem existed in DD4 too and hasn't been fixed yet.  The mod was updated in DD4 to change what restraints were equipped for the Pirate Prize (armbinder replaced by straightjacket) and being passed around in Druadach Redoubt (armbinder replaced by prisoner shackles.)  I get around the yoke problem by giving myself a key to remove it after I convince a bandit to do so.

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, devious cidhna has DD assets and DD integration (or expansion?) as master files - so how is DCidhna even loading without the required DD4 esms?

Also, I had assumed that any mod built for DD5 wouldnt link up correctly with the required DD4 items. I thought that would be a problem once the devious interface scripts were recompiled for DD5. Shows what I know- sigh.

Speaking of which, for anyone in the know... what does the devious interface script do, if DD4 still works with SLS even after being recompiled with DD5? Sounds like its not doing much. It's not a case of just the script being baked into an existing game is it?

(Sorry for the ignorance on display)

21 minutes ago, chipstick said:

Well, devious cidhna has DD assets and DD integration (or expansion?) as master files - so how is DCidhna even loading without the required DD4 esms?

DD5 still has the same ESM names as DD4 to allow for backwards compatibility.  Most things still work in Devious Cidhna, but one of the scripts for removing things changed, so when the bandits try to remove the yoke, it fails.   But most everything else works.  All the Manadnach quests are fully functional.  

46 minutes ago, chipstick said:

It appears the ESMs have the same name, and a superset of the old records.

A mod that relies on hard form IDs for new DD5 items will fail, but one that uses only DD4 items, or functions that only specific a generic item type will still be fine.

Whose devious interface script?

I think the purpose of the recompile was to see if any of the used function prototypes had changed, and they hadn't. So all was well.

From posts on the DD forum from @Kimy, the only thing that is likely to break going from 4 to 5 are scripts that called into the DD low-level and forced it to re-eval your equip state, and some specific things to do with custom-made corsets...

So even corsets are still going to be fine unless the mod made a special one, which I highly doubt Devious Cidhna did, as it would have no need.

I don't know much about 5, so you may do better on the DD forum, but that's what I heard.

If there's a mod with a custom corset in it, it's going to be something like Captured Dreams, or Trapped in Rubber, and TiR already needs a bit of helping to work with a modern game setup. I had to patch it a bit to stop some loop-forever equip issues, and there were issues in the training and exam events too, but that was back with 4. As for CD, officially, it no longer exists, so you'd have to do your own patching. Personally, I'd just replace any special corsets with similar DD-standard ones rather than trying to fix them all up.

I wonder how many people would be interested in a "Recaptured Dreams" made from scratch (which is not in any way implying that I would ever make such a thing - definitely not doing that).

1 hour ago, chipstick said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Also, I had assumed that any mod built for DD5 wouldnt link up correctly with the required DD4 items. I thought that would be a problem once the devious interface scripts were recompiled for DD5. Shows what I know- sigh.

Speaking of which, for anyone in the know... what does the devious interface script do, if DD4 still works with SLS even after being recompiled with DD5? Sounds like its not doing much. It's not a case of just the script being baked into an existing game is it?

(Sorry for the ignorance on display)

As long as the 'entry/exit' points are the same then it won't matter all that much. Kimys wise enough to not change those for backward compatibility unless absolutely necessary. If the parameters passed to the external functions are the same and the returned type is the same then the compiler doesn't care too much. But the target functions still need to compile. 

As to the purpose of the script

1. Most DDs functions are routed through that script. Its not a small script and surely doesn't do nothing.

2. Making straight hard function calls to scripts that may not exist (soft dependency) is a really bad idea in skyrim and can break mods entirely. And maybe not even your mod. It can break other mods depending on load order. The interface scripts 'uncouple' these function calls safely. Specifically, its the declaration of an external/foreign type that causes the problems. 

I have been using this mod for while now and some of its features are purely awesome. Its a huge pack of features though and some of them are overlapping features to already existing mods.

Because of that SL survival is huge pack of features I would love to see it split or some of its features replaced. For example there is racial disposition mod called https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47133 which does really good job. Havent looked it to myself but there is also mods for stress and trauma that was just recently added to SL survival. Thank god SL survival already uses "Spank That Ass" api for slapping.

So in brief. I would really love to see gender disposition perhaps removed and replaced by recommend link to such mod like Gyno https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47133. To simplify the mod it would probably also be wise to remove the SL survival standalone slapping support?

Other huge systems that are somehow unrelated or larger things that could or maybe should be moved to separated mod.

- Kennels -- this is huge set of city modifications etc that easily conflict with other mods

- Amputations -- this is huge system that ties to many other mods , not really related to the main mod itself

- Cum inflation -- there are fill her up and other mods that make this SL Survival should leave stuff to them.

- I have hate and love to the license system. The implementation is awesome. But I rather had the sexism implemented other way. Females should make poor warriors but it should not be impossible ( Gyno ). And then there could be some sexism mod (like SL survival) that just made it difficult for female to become warriors. Like the companions would require you to prove yourself or require you to deprive yourself to get in.

Things I would love to see developed further. (Maybe worth to separate them in external mods)

- Daydreaming is hilarious and yes also bothersome. This has been one of the awesomest features of this mod. Would love it to because default feature tied to either arousal or some kind of sex addiction instead of cum addiction.

- Cum addiction. Really awesome one. However with the set of mods I am unable to collect cum which kinda makes the game unplayable with the default settings. Weirdly "collect cum" is shown in the survival menu but the menu selections cannot be activated.

- I see that SL survival is mostly sexism mod there are not enough of them for skyrim. Would love that this aspect was looked in further.  This means wide debuffs but also by these things you should be given tools like looks, flirt, cunning and raised endurance.  Say females are slower than average male like SL survival already do but then again females would spent less stamina when sprinting. Flirting could benefit from speech perks which would perhaps create new ways get out of trouble (there are plenty of troubles because licenses etc)

Random things from other mods kinda related:

- I think that Sexlab adventures has cum layer tests that you can make do different effects. For example if you are covered in cum npcs dont take your intimidations or persuations seriously.

This is not really thing for SL survival but well speaking of addictions and mods and roleplay. Was thinking that there are still no drunk mod that would automate alcoholism like so that when your character would become really addicted he/she would snatch bottles that were close enough of him/her and drink them. Addiction mods are nice but most of them dont really work since they presume that player enjoys tracking of addiction and that she/he keeps alcohol or skooma with him. Imagine that your character was so addicted he would drink 100year old wine/beer from those dark old cellars and get serious detox effects :D

Anyhow just my my personaly thoughts. No matter if they are considered or not good job.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It appears the ESMs have the same name, and a superset of the old records.

A mod that relies on hard form IDs for new DD5 items will fail, but one that uses only DD4 items, or functions that only specific a generic item type will still be fine.

Whose devious interface script?

I think the purpose of the recompile was to see if any of the used function prototypes had changed, and they hadn't. So all was well.

From posts on the DD forum from @Kimy, the only thing that is likely to break going from 4 to 5 are scripts that called into the DD low-level and forced it to re-eval your equip state, and some specific things to do with custom-made corsets...

So even corsets are still going to be fine unless the mod made a special one, which I highly doubt Devious Cidhna did, as it would have no need.

I don't know much about 5, so you may do better on the DD forum, but that's what I heard.

If there's a mod with a custom corset in it, it's going to be something like Captured Dreams, or Trapped in Rubber, and TiR already needs a bit of helping to work with a modern game setup. I had to patch it a bit to stop some loop-forever equip issues, and there were issues in the training and exam events too, but that was back with 4. As for CD, officially, it no longer exists, so you'd have to do your own patching. Personally, I'd just replace any special corsets with similar DD-standard ones rather than trying to fix them all up.

I wonder how many people would be interested in a "Recaptured Dreams" made from scratch (which is not in any way implying that I would ever make such a thing - definitely not doing that).

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

As long as the 'entry/exit' points are the same then it won't matter all that much. Kimys wise enough to not change those for backward compatibility unless absolutely necessary. If the parameters passed to the external functions are the same and the returned type is the same then the compiler doesn't care too much. But the target functions still need to compile. 

As to the purpose of the script

1. Most DDs functions are routed through that script. Its not a small script and surely doesn't do nothing.

2. Making straight hard function calls to scripts that may not exist (soft dependency) is a really bad idea in skyrim and can break mods entirely. And maybe not even your mod. It can break other mods depending on load order. The interface scripts 'uncouple' these function calls safely. Specifically, its the declaration of an external/foreign type that causes the problems. 

I see. So if I start a new game, should probably go DD5. But I think I'll continue with my DD4 save for now.

Thanks Lupine, Monoman and Naps-on-Dirt for taking the time to explain stuff. Very good of you.

1 hour ago, poporaltemporal said:

I would love to see it split or some of its features replaced

Nope. 

To reuse an analogy i used in the past: people seem to think cutting out features from a mod is like cutting a cake with a knife. Its more like smashing the cake with a shovel and then trying to create nice slices from the resultant mess. 

You got to ask yourself. What would it be worth? Since about 90% (if not more) of sls can be turned off the only obvious answer is that its a bit more efficient. Stuff will still be stored in memory maybe that wouldn't necessarily be needed otherwise. However, I reckon the total memory lost is so little as to be totally insignificant. Then if you want to run more than one module you've got esp space to worry about. 2/255 esp space is a much more pressing problem than 0.1MB / 3.1GB of memory lost in my book. 

Because the net resulting gain is basically nil and I go to great lengths to add options and make things as light weight/ configurable as possible then I've almost zero interest in carving up the mod. 

Thank god SL survival already uses "Spank That Ass" api for slapping

Which was spawned from SLS. and is now arguably neglected. Perhaps it would have better to remain a part of sls....

Kennels -- this is huge set of city modifications etc that easily conflict with other mods

Giving you a desperate place to sleep is pretty well linked to survival. Its main focus isn't creature sex really. 

Amputations -- this is huge system that ties to many other mods , not really related to the main mod itself

This one id almost agree with. Placing systems to handle (in)abilities when amputated in sls may have been better placed in the framework. But arguably again a framework should just be a framework. If another mod wanted to handle amputation in a different manner it still can. 

Cum inflation -

Sls doesn't do cum inflation im afraid. Thats handed off to FHU

Daydreaming is hilarious and yes also bothersome. This has been one of the awesomest features of this mod. Would love it to because default feature tied to either arousal or some kind of sex addiction instead of cum addiction.

There's an option to trigger on arousal. Dont know if I like it because SLA has a habit of making the PC perpetually horny as fuck so the effect is always on practically. 

Cum addiction. Really awesome one. However with the set of mods I am unable to collect cum which kinda makes the game unplayable with the default settings. Weirdly "collect cum" is shown in the survival menu but the menu selections cannot be activated.

There's no requirement for collecting cum beyond having an empty cumtainer and 2 layers of cum on any one area (pussy/face/ass).

Other ideas you have are interesting but my time and interest in modding are not infinite. 

56 minutes ago, poporaltemporal said:

Other huge systems that are somehow unrelated or larger things that could or maybe should be moved to separated mod.

- Kennels -- this is huge set of city modifications etc that easily conflict with other mods

- Amputations -- this is huge system that ties to many other mods , not really related to the main mod itself

- Cum inflation -- there are fill her up and other mods that make this SL Survival should leave stuff to them.

- I have hate and love to the license system. The implementation is awesome. But I rather had the sexism implemented other way. Females should make poor warriors but it should not be impossible ( Gyno ). And then there could be some sexism mod (like SL survival) that just made it difficult for female to become warriors. Like the companions would require you to prove yourself or require you to deprive yourself to get in.

All of those listed options can be disabled in MCM, with the exception of the Kennel (although there are means for you to avoid it). You can disable many things in SLS, one of them is the "inequality" option, if you want to use other mods that change the stats of the females. Also, I don't see any "huge" modifications to the cities, each one got just a door added that leads you to the kennel.

This is not really thing for SL survival but well speaking of addictions and mods and roleplay. Was thinking that there are still no drunk mod that would automate alcoholism like so that when your character would become really addicted he/she would snatch bottles that were close enough of him/her and drink them. Addiction mods are nice but most of them dont really work since they presume that player enjoys tracking of addiction and that she/he keeps alcohol or skooma with him. Imagine that your character was so addicted he would drink 100year old wine/beer from those dark old cellars and get serious detox effects :D

If you have Milk Addict, there's an option for "involuntary actions" that will cause your character to buy instantly all the milk/lactacid from an NPC if you have enough money. I don't know if there are a mod that does the same thing for Skooma Whore drugs, though.

45 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

You got to ask yourself. What would it be worth? Since about 90% (if not more) of sls can be turned off the only obvious answer is that its a bit more efficient. Stuff will still be stored in memory maybe that wouldn't necessarily be needed otherwise. However, I reckon the total memory lost is so little as to be totally insignificant. Then if you want to run more than one module you've got esp space to worry about. 2/255 esp space is a much more pressing problem than 0.1MB / 3.1GB of memory lost in my book

Another point to consider: One of the reasons I keep adding stuff on to survival is that it has a ton of resources to call on at this stage. If I cut the mod to pieces then there's going to be a lot of duplication of these resources into each module  which is actually going to cut any efficiency gains you get by dividing the mod up. 

44 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Other ideas you have are interesting but my time and interest in modding are not infinite. 

As you said that "Spank that Ass" has come off SL Survival already then has done its part. However what comes to cum inflation there are other belly scaling things in SL survival that makes bit of mess in my opinion.. Anyhow as said in the first message the mod is awesome and basically the though in rip off things like this would hopefully reduce the maintenance work on this mod and allow other people to work and expand some features.

I completely agree and value your time and this is just discussion not anything else. Peace.

36 minutes ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

All of those listed options can be disabled in MCM, with the exception of the Kennel (although there are means for you to avoid it). You can disable many things in SLS, one of them is the "inequality" option, if you want to use other mods that change the stats of the females. Also, I don't see any "huge" modifications to the cities, each one got just a door added that leads you to the kennel.

If you have Milk Addict, there's an option for "involuntary actions" that will cause your character to buy instantly all the milk/lactacid from an NPC if you have enough money. I don't know if there are a mod that does the same thing for Skooma Whore drugs, though.

My problem with the configuration is that I test out mods often that cause my skyrim break often :D And I am kinda bothered to configure everything everytime. Tried to look out mcm configure transfer from save to another but there seems not to be such things. Also I am not happy about the kennels monoman mentioned creature sex but well the main thing about them is that they modify cells which other mods modify too. So I rather had the kennels off completely.

Ah cool. Milk addict is not installed but well think the milk is silly thing and that well skooma or alcohol for such addiction would be more annoyance. As there are mods that cause you to be raped or have paired vision and difficult movement in case you are drunk etc.. Only mod missing is kinda 'aggresive alcoholism" that would make your character steal or obtain alcohol ways you mentioned.