14 minutes ago, rookie189 said:

Yeah still haven't really played with it but it only seems to be the first guard going berserk, like I cant move an inch w/o being force greeted over and over. I finally just "took care" of him and haven't had an issue since.

I think I've fixed this initial bug now. 

I had a similar kind of bug upon first installing the most recent SSE conversion; I had a guard immediately run up and demand that I take off my armor (I don't have Toll Evasion active, and the option for Equipped Armor comments was unchecked). So I took off my armor, and then he turned around and said the same thing; this time slapping me with a fine. I resolved the issue by going into the MCM, enabling toll evasion and then the armor check under Misogyny, then exiting the menues. Waited a minute or two, then went back in and disabled both of those things again. No more comments. ^_^

17 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Removing stash mechanics from dungeons does not make sense to me. Small dungeons can then be exploited as safe storage. Wouldn't make a lot of sense for somewhere like Halted Stream Camp, full with bandits, to not take your stuff. 

Maybe those bandits have better things to do ... like raping and killing you?

I mean, seriously? Is this really an exploit?

Either the enemies are all dead, in which case you earned a stash somewhere, probably well away from anywhere useful, that could reset its entire contents at any moment.

Or they aren't dead, and getting stuff in and out of the chests is suitably perilous.

Stashes are not even that useful. If a player wants stashes that badly, they can add them a load of ways.

The only reason I suggest removing it, is because it's really weird when you put stuff in a chest in a tomb.

There is nothing living, not even moving. The draugr all lie "dead", whatever that means for draugr.

Then your stuff is stolen by invisible ghosts. It was probably just garbage anyway, because you dumped it in a chest in a dungeon.

But even so, now you know somebody is taking your garbage. Invisibly. It's like that little seam between the wrists and the arms of a 3BBB body at < 100 weight, tiny, and yet disproportionately infuriating.

I guess you feel the same way about players stashing some old iron armor in Valtheim Towers on the way to Whiterun - when they don't have a license that would let them sell it! :) They are totally exploiting the mod they put into make their game harder. What next? player.additem f 10000 ? It's a slippery slope.

A PC that sneaky might be tricky enough not to loot all the dead NPCs and then come back and loot them later.

If you made it so an NPC had to walk up to the chest and play a magic hands animation, that would be different again, but they just teleport the stuff out from a distance. I don't even know who (or what) is doing the teleporting. Mysterious. Sheogorrath?

Sorry. I just can't take this one very seriously. Honestly, it's not that big a deal, but ... strange.

7 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I had a similar kind of bug upon first installing the most recent SSE conversion; I had a guard immediately run up and demand that I take off my armor (I don't have Toll Evasion active, and the option for Equipped Armor comments was unchecked). So I took off my armor, and then he turned around and said the same thing; this time slapping me with a fine. I resolved the issue by going into the MCM, enabling toll evasion and then the armor check under Misogyny, then exiting the menues. Waited a minute or two, then went back in and disabled both of those things again. No more comments. ^_^

Yes, I think that quest was flagged as 'Start enabled'. Not anymore.

7 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Either the enemies are all dead, in which case you earned a stash somewhere,

Is it so binary? You could have cleared the entrance and later fled when you encountered a vampire boss or something similar. And what's to stop their buddies coming back from a good old fashioned town raid and discovering your stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Probably not even stuff you wanted, because you dumped it in a chest in a dungeon.

What's the issue then?

I think this is where you and I differ. These little niggles do not bother me so much. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

I think this is where you and I differ. These little niggles do not bother me so much. 

But it does. It incenses you that a player might manage to put things in a chest somewhere without invisible gremlins stealing them all.

I think you are personally selling those items on eBay!

Is it because we did not make enough donations?

I think you missed a chance here. Take the idea from that Portable Mimic mod and have all chests secretly not be chests, but instead monsters (that look like chests) that eat your stuff and turn it into cursed bondage items that jump onto you with a proximity trigger. You could call it Reverse Deviously Cursed Loot or something. Instead of getting punished for taking items out of chests, it punishes you for putting them in.

Sorry. I'm in a silly mood. And, yes, DCL doesn't even care if you remove an item from the chest or not, just looking is enough.

(Obviously, most of the last couple of posts are nonsense, but I'm told I am not funny, even though I thought they were hilarious).

12 hours ago, Garolding said:

I've played this game more years than I want to admit and this is one of the most flexible difficulty/immersion mods I've used. You can set it to be utterly punishing or just a taste of flavor.

For me it's pain in the ass cuz whenever i have weapon sheated or not equipped guards will still talk to me something like you can't have weapon and they do not nice things to me.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The only reason I suggest removing it, is because it's really weird when you put stuff in a chest in a tomb.

There is nothing living, not even moving. The draugr all lie "dead", whatever that means for draugr.

Then your stuff is stolen by invisible ghosts....

Sorry. I just can't take this one very seriously. Honestly, it's not that big a deal, but ... strange.

It's funny.  But also not so much.  The approach to this seems to be that the player will enable a feature to make the game harder, then use exploits to render it useless.  I use chests in dungeons as very temporary storage.  I've just cleared the dungeon, with the boss chamber full of loot.  More than I can carry.  So I dump it in a chest to stay under the carry threshold.  Once I have all the loot in there I can sort through it and decide what to carry out and what to abandon. 

Certainly having loot disappear every time I dump something in the chest makes the game harder, but not in a logical or fair way.  So a system that offers nice features -- calculating distance to nearest road, checking if anyone sees me, determining which items get taken -- stays disabled.   Factoring in location and how players might reasonably use containers would go a long way.  Perhaps this just needs a Hardcore option, which if enabled assumes that the player is always trying to exploit. 

55 minutes ago, kupa11 said:

For me it's pain in the ass cuz whenever i have weapon sheated or not equipped guards will still talk to me something like you can't have weapon and they do not nice things to me.

Maybe we need a Nice Guards option.  When we reach town the guards will bring our slippers and offer us a sweetroll.  ?

32 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

What's the dialogue exactly?

Yes, this is happening to me. I forgot I had armor and weapons restricted. Go up and get told to take them off. Do so. Keeps telling me to take them off and he's going to give me drugs / throw me in the kennel / lock me in chains. So I disable the options in the menu. Same result. Travel to Riverwood, disable the options, save, load, same result. Reload, repeat, take off all my weapons and armor, same result. Is it because I have licenses disabled and things aren't gelling? I was trying to leave all the punishing stuff disabled until the Slaverun prologue was finished.

8 minutes ago, John Calumnus said:

Yes, this is happening to me. I forgot I had armor and weapons restricted. Go up and get told to take them off. Do so. Keeps telling me to take them off and he's going to give me drugs / throw me in the kennel / lock me in chains. So I disable the options in the menu. Same result. Travel to Riverwood, disable the options, save, load, same result. Reload, repeat, take off all my weapons and armor, same result. Is it because I have licenses disabled and things aren't gelling? I was trying to leave all the punishing stuff disabled until the Slaverun prologue was finished.

For now. Do:

StopQuest _SLS_GuardWarnArmorEquippedQuest

StopQuest _SLS_GuardWarnArmorEquippedDetectQuest

Or

StopQuest _SLS_GuardWarnWeapEquippedQuest

StopQuest _SLS_GuardWarnWeapEquippedDetectQuest

Depending on which you think you're being stopped for. 

9 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

For now. Do:

Or

I'm being stopped for both. Thanks for the quick response. Here's a bit of further testing for you. Doesn't seem to be related to the status of licenses. Reloaded the game from before I entered WhiteRun and disabled the checks, still occurring through multiple reloads whether I unequip or drop all my equipment. Just so you know, it's that crazy guard on the bridge near Honningbrew. He seems to get his knickers untwisted if I relieve myself of all my possessions and let him punish me for each infraction though.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's funny.  But also not so much.  The approach to this seems to be that the player will enable a feature to make the game harder, then use exploits to render it useless.  I use chests in dungeons as very temporary storage.  I've just cleared the dungeon, with the boss chamber full of loot.  More than I can carry.  So I dump it in a chest to stay under the carry threshold.  Once I have all the loot in there I can sort through it and decide what to carry out and what to abandon. 

Certainly having loot disappear every time I dump something in the chest makes the game harder, but not in a logical or fair way.  So a system that offers nice features -- calculating distance to nearest road, checking if anyone sees me, determining which items get taken -- stays disabled.   Factoring in location and how players might reasonably use containers would go a long way.  Perhaps this just needs a Hardcore option, which if enabled assumes that the player is always trying to exploit. 

Maybe we need a Nice Guards option.  When we reach town the guards will bring our slippers and offer us a sweetroll.  ?

That would be pretty nice.

47 minutes ago, John Calumnus said:

I'm being stopped for both. Thanks for the quick response. Here's a bit of further testing for you. Doesn't seem to be related to the status of licenses. Reloaded the game from before I entered WhiteRun and disabled the checks, still occurring through multiple reloads whether I unequip or drop all my equipment. Just so you know, it's that crazy guard on the bridge near Honningbrew. He seems to get his knickers untwisted if I relieve myself of all my possessions and let him punish me for each infraction though.

Guard behaviours have nothing to do with licences BTW. 

Though they should respect licence exceptions. But other than that they are totally independent. 

34 minutes ago, kupa11 said:

"Can't have you carrying that weapon about the town woman. Put it away or we'll have a problem"
I just see them runnin' towards me like in some horror movie.

Try the stopquests above for weapons.

26 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Guard behaviours have nothing to do with licences BTW. 

Though they should respect licence exceptions. But other than that they are totally independent. 

Try the stopquests above for weapons.

It says that these commands could not be found.

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

For now. Do:

Or

marking this for later, Just in Case™,

and to say that in my game, where the PC never carries a weapon, the guards are reacting to readied fists and magic correctly. Although, the 'put that away' response to unarmed ready isn't quite right - maybe something along the lines of 'oh, you're so cute, thinking you're a boxer. Be careful, someone may take take you up on it ... ". Brawls are problematic so one is probably not a workable result, but.

57 minutes ago, Garolding said:

marking this for later, Just in Case™,

and to say that in my game, where the PC never carries a weapon, the guards are reacting to readied fists and magic correctly. Although, the 'put that away' response to unarmed ready isn't quite right - maybe something along the lines of 'oh, you're so cute, thinking you're a boxer. Be careful, someone may take take you up on it ... ". Brawls are problematic so one is probably not a workable result, but.

There's a reason that dialogue is pretty generic. Saves me from detecting and changing dialogue based on whether you have weapons, fists or magic equipped. 

Me lazy :P