2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

What's your detection distance for cities (toll mcm page) set to?

Maybe try disable toll evasion and re-enable. 

Detection distance is 512, I tried setting it to max too, didnt work. On and off didnt work either. I also get the "the guards have spotted you and expect you to pay the toll now" message when I enter the cities (even the evaded ones).

EDIT: Just reinstalled on a clean save, now it works.

40 minutes ago, Black Justicar said:

Ok. thank you. But I thought this feature must be disabled if i'm using STA. Not shure (not in a game now) but it kinda what description says.

Both STA and SLS have a 'bump' spank - when you collide with an actor - you know when lydia gets stuck in a door so you bump into her to get her out of the way. 

STA's version is better as it adds red overlays and has a masochism stat whereas for SLS there's nothing other than the event itself. 

You can actually enable both but then they're both competing for the collide event and spanks fired by SLS won't count towards STA overlays or masochism. 

It's not a major problem really. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:28 AM, Monoman1 said:

Is EnableFaceOverlays set to 1 in NiOverride.ini?

You can't. Like I said the mod doesn't really do chastity belts/bras. The DeviceList is more about taking out certain types of devices you don't like. 

Like say a lot of people don't like the collars with the HDT chains. You can removed them. But the mod will still equip a collar from what's left in the list. 

I Have several Suggest And Question, Sorry to have a ton of question anyway...

The Tattoo is till not working Even I  EnableFaceOverlays set to 1, I still Don't know why....

The Cover Self Animation is not show up anyway, did I need another mods to support it?

I Upload My Personal Mods with underwear in same slot as Belt and Bra, did I still need _SLS_BikiniArmor [KYWD:XX049867] Keyword?

I still use fast travel anyway. But to avoid Restraint Punishment, it just simply travel in front of the castle.

It's better to add some toll guard or observer in front of a castle  and guild too ?

such:

• Dragons Reach
  • Palace of The King
  • Blue Palace
  • Under stone Keep
  • Mist Veil Keep
  • Jorrvaskr and Thief Guild (Near Cemetery) 

So.. I'm Just get punished when I want go out from the city... Maybe Monoman1 can consider it for next update ?.

Really Thanks for the Mods, The Mods is to Great!!!

15 hours ago, Dellecross said:

I'd like to ask to add some sort of control (Enforcers?) to the College Of Winterhold.

Oh, please, no.

For me, it's not needed - or wanted - gameplay wise.

In fact, so not needed that were it non-optional I would have to fiddle about deleting them from my game and I would become tired of that really fast.

It's not lore compatible with SLS own rationale. "We don't want another Winterhold here!" ... OK. This *is* Winterhold, so what do you mean by that?

The College is its own government and it doesn't give a fig about Skyrim Jarls or their wars, and it certainly doesn't police magic.

There is plenty of dialog to that effect.

The Arch Mage doesn't even care about necromancy as long as you don't unleash a skeleton horde on the yokels and stir up trouble.

Even the idea of them requiring a magic license for Winterhold entry is an anathema to what they are.

The magic license (we are told) was created to stop town citizens doing magic almost entirely.

The point of the college is doing magic. A magic license to enter makes no sense.

Why would they care about some piece of paper that does nothing but profit a Jarl they consider an amusing curiosity?

There are already enforcers in the town. Isn't that enough?

Set their radius high and make them aggressive if that's not enough for you.

10 hours ago, Dellecross said:

Fair point. Of course I can just pretend it's not there, for .. roleplaying purposes. On the other hand - roleplay - mages have their meals provided for free with magic ... eh.. you get the idea.

ToH already has sexist Winterhold.

There's plenty of fun content where they treat you badly.

6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Both STA and SLS have a 'bump' spank - when you collide with an actor - you know when lydia gets stuck in a door so you bump into her to get her out of the way. 

STA's version is better as it adds red overlays and has a masochism stat whereas for SLS there's nothing other than the event itself. 

You can actually enable both but then they're both competing for the collide event and spanks fired by SLS won't count towards STA overlays or masochism. 

It's not a major problem really. 

Perhaps, you could make it so that if SLS detects STA, it removes *ALL* the spank options and puts a message.

"Use STA to adjust spanks" ?

Then there would be no confusion, and if you don't want to use STA for spanks, why would you install it?

14 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

That's also something I wanted to add - a slider for max training sessions per level. I use requiem for it and set it to zero (no training. As I think it makes things a bit more interesting) but I think it'd fit SLS too. 

Isn't it already done by quite a few mods?

Personally, I set it unlimited, because I disabled normal Skyrim XP.

Then you have to buy (almost) all your skills.

I also have SXP (Redone) but I have a lot of limitations on that.

As it is, I never have an issue where I can afford to buy too many skills, but I have maybe two or three mods already that let me adjust the limit, so don't feel a lot of pressure to have another.

21 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I believe that SLS food/drink removal from interiors is removing the quest Argonian Ale from the Bannered Mare.

There's an arrow pointing at an empty shelf in my game, and the quest cannot progress.

This is a MWA feature? How confusing. It seems unrelated to outfits, and strangely related to survival. Never mind.

It's from the argonian ale quest from Brenuin. You give him some gold. He asks you to get the ale for him. You steal the ale. Ideally BFW triggers and you get beaten and whipped. Or it all goes bad, and you get away with it and give the ale to the beggar to get some useless reward he wouldn't have reasonably possessed in the first place.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Brenuin

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Oh, please, no.

For me, it's not needed - or wanted - gameplay wise.

In fact, so not needed that were it non-optional I would have to fiddle about deleting them from my game and I would become tired of that really fast.

Well, that's one way to look at it. Partially that makes sense, but we have to look at it from both sides - lore-wise and balance-wise. I come from the point that College creates a major unbalance because it's easy to get all the loot from there (+ more importantly, sell that loot without many hurdles) and get to mid-levels there without much risk. Meaning that by the time you consider going to cities you'll already have money for licences, likely several ones.

I understand that there's a Thaneship option here to make it harder - but that only delays the inevitable as all that's required is to go to Whiterun first where Thaneship is granted basically for free and the "hero" is carried almost all the way through. I'm also not very fond of Thaneship because of the aforementioned "lore" thing - if only Thanes can buy licences, why all other females are sporting in armor and clothing / having equipped weapons around? Hence I'm inclined not to use it to not break immersion.

12 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Have you tried enabling 'Responsive enforcers' + increasing their detection distance (Licences mcm page)?

Yes, all it takes are fast legs. It's just needed to wait the right moment to sneak into the college from the coast and then run directly into the college while sneaking - then the enforcers won't follow you inside. So when they've dropped their pursuit, just carefully return to Faralda and do the business there quickly (at some point I had to run away again, but it worked). I don't think Enforcers in Winterhold by themselves would be a good solution because they need to monitor you consistently while you only need to get into the College several times. That's why mage-enforcers inside College facilities is likely the only sure way to mitigate the issue. Since people here disagree, I don't know.. maybe make an MCM option for it or something?

27 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

I understand that there's a Thaneship option here to make it harder - but that only delays the inevitable as all that's required is to go to Whiterun first where Thaneship is granted basically for free and the "hero" is carried almost all the way through. I'm also not very fond of Thaneship because of the aforementioned "lore" thing - if only Thanes can buy licences, why all other females are sporting in armor and clothing / having equipped weapons around? Hence I'm inclined not to use it to not break immersion.

There are so many ways to make things harder. The thaneship option is one of them. I don't use it myself but I might try it again someday. I find the idea of only one license just a bit odd. I think it might evolve into a great feature, but it's not quite there yet.

For me, getting to the College is all but impossible prior to level 25 or so, at which point licenses are not a problem.

You can simply choose not to go there if you think it's a cheat. If you do that you can skip the whole area until you need to go to Blackreach or do Civil War.

I'm not sure how doing that tedious castle full of conjurors, a fairly lengthy dwarven ruin, and Labyrinthian are "being carried", but maybe I've been doing the College the hard way all along? The last part certainly has some good cash loot by Skyrim standards, but you could simply nerf the weight of those transparent sword thingies to fix that.

27 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

Meaning that by the time you consider going to cities you'll already have money for licences, likely several ones.

My character would survive about a minute outside the guard patrol area of Whiterun. So "consider going to cities" is a relative position.

In my previous game I spent a long time avoiding cities and licenses, but ruining the College with outfit enforcers that claim to be opposed to the very concept of the College won't fix a game where you can survive out of town for weeks on a stretch. That's a different problem.

If those enforcer guys showed up there, it feels to me like the mages would thank you for killing them.

The College just needs more orgies, enslavements, horrible magical punishments, and quests to do things for mages while suffering from their devices.

I do understand you could make a different kind of enforcer that makes a bit more sense, but I just want different stuff. It's as simple as that.

I don't want new enforcers. People who think the College is a cheat should fix that directly. License enforcers at the college would be practically meaningless. If you can get there you can probably afford licenses. Also stealing people's clothes in that climate is nothing short of a death sentence, and you can't just pass it off as excessive protectiveness. I've had my fill of that rubbish with DCL. You have to install SD+ just so there's an alternative to freezing to death. Yes. I know Frostfall has a no-death option, but that defeats the point of it.

DF does have its cosy suit, but what if you don't use DF?

It if were my call, time would be better spent on STA or MWA, which have plenty of capacity to soak up improvements.

SLS has had a ton of changes recently, and IMHO it needs to settle and just bugfix/minor-tweak a while before it's clear what should be done next to get most benefit.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

For me, getting to the College is all but impossible prior to level 25 or so, at which point licenses are not a problem.

And why so? It's perfectly fine to go there at level 1, there's no problem with it

You can simply choose not to go there if you think it's a cheat. If you do that you can skip the whole area until you need to go to Blackreach or do Civil War.

That's the same solution as in to opt out not to pick up free items that are lying around. I don't necessarily disagree, but it becomes harder to judge - where is "the line"? Following this logic there are many other in-game aspects that shouldn't be used then, because "cheating"

My character would survive about a minute outside the guard patrol area of Whiterun. So "consider going to cities" is a relative position.

Why so? I mean, I also increased difficulty with mods like FMEA, Mortal Enemies, Bandit Patrols, OBIS and so on, but I don't think it's on that level. There's a certain balance between challenge and insanity, so if it's impossible to survive for 1 minute - eh.. I think something is wrong, at least to my taste. I like it challenging, but rewarding - for which purpose I have mods like TK Dodge.

But I digress, this is SLS thread. Obviously the author cannot hope to create a mod which works equally well for all and every users with all those other mods they have installed.

In my previous game I spent a long time avoiding cities and licenses, but ruining the College with outfit enforcers that claim to be opposed to the very concept of the College won't fix a game where you can survive out of town for weeks on a stretch

I did not say it's possible to survive for weeks outside of cities (nor should it be). College is exactly the main reason because of which it was possible to do so - because of mostly self-sustained economy, easy quests and free items due to those quests. But I don't want to repeat my reasoning again.

If those enforcer guys showed up there, it feels to me like the mages would thank you for killing them.

We seem to have very different perspective of what College is and how it behaves. They didn't kill the Synode while those people were clearly interrogating them about important things. Not did they kick out Ancano - a direct supervisor from Aldmeri Dominion (so apparently they do care about affairs in the Empire till the degree of obeying the thalmor's wish to observe them). I don't see College as a blood-thirsty bunch of hermits just waiting to dispose of anyone who happens to go in. Much less of a place opposing the local laws.

If you can get there you can probably afford licenses.

This is where I disagree. Again, just getting there is not a feat and can be achieved as early as at level 1 if one knows the way and are quick on their feet to avoid danger. I got to the college with my starting 14 gold and a lump of bread.

I also don't use frostfall or any thermo/weather - reacting mods as it's making my build too unstable (sitting near FE for the mod index and already did cleanups many times to leave only the things that really use) and is generally taxing on the system. Besides, even with those mods, having clothes/armor and having licence for those are not the same thing if you start outside the city - which I always do for immersion purposes.

25 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

They didn't kill the Synode while those people were clearly interrogating them about important things. Not did they kick out Ancano - a direct supervisor from Aldmeri Dominion (so apparently they do care about affairs in the Empire till the degree of obeying the thalmor's wish to observe them). I don't see College as a blood-thirsty bunch of hermits just waiting to dispose of anyone who happens to go in. Much less of a place opposing the local laws.

On the other hand, if you'd killed either, they might well have given you thinly veiled thanks. Many of the important mages in the College are women, so they have ample reason to act to protect themselves, or simply let somebody else deal with the problem if it isn't bothering them immediately.

25 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

This is where I disagree. Again, just getting there is not a feat and can be achieved as early as at level 1 if one knows the way and are quick on their feet to avoid danger. I got to the college with my starting 14 gold and a lump of bread.

I also don't use frostfall or any thermo/weather

You just said it's easy, and then in the next paragraph provide a huge "BUT", and of course there are other difficulty mods you may not have.

The point I'm getting at is that no matter what you have in your game, if you want to solve a specific problem like "the College is easy mode", then adding enforcers won't fix that at all, it will simply ruin it for people for whom it is already not easy mode.

You need to fix your complaint directly, with mods that change the college, or the difficulty of getting there, or possible difficulty of travelling anywhere.

Spoiler

I don't find stability issues proceed from Frostfall by the way, and I have some fairly significant number of merged mods. I'm currently at 234 LO items, but some of those merge forty or more ESPs. I really can't say what the total is, a bit less than 600 I think, and in any case it's irrelevant - most ESPs are not load generators in any meaningful way.

If there's one thing I find hinders stability, it's pushing the animation limit. Also, some mods have corrupt assets in them. There's a "Citizen" in my game, if I have sex with to him, I will CTD every time. It's easy enough to avoid him, so I haven't bothered cleaning him properly, but for me the pivot is always too many animations. It's just under 10,000 at the moment, and 9,000 was distinctly more reliable. I'll probably drop something from FB to get the count down a bit when I get around to it.

Which is to say, Frostfall is rock solid for me.

If you want to make the College more challenging, relevel your draugr and frost trolls. It will be harder to get there, and you can make it so you won't be able to do Saarthal at anything less than level 40 or so. Did that make your entire game too hard? You can re-level Saarthal differently to the starting locations.

And there's your answer to why my game is so lethal: re-levelled world plus harsh disparity. The bandits are level 30-40, and I'm level 4. It's taken two weeks to get there. One day, I'll have levelled up so I can crush them, and it will be sweet revenge. No more being one-shotted by a skeever.

In most cases, you can re-level a location in a couple of minutes in Tes5Edit. Locating the right NPCs is usually harder.

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

if you want to solve a specific problem like "the College is easy mode", then adding enforcers won't fix that at all, it will simply ruin it for people for whom it is already not easy mode.

Well, not really. College is the only place which introduces this issue - for the reasons I stated. And with all the survival mods installed if you so wish it, you can just start near the College because Alternate Start (or even just start as a member of the College). I'm not saying that should be done, but it's just a counterexample to show that getting to a College and progressing through it aren't the same thing at all. I'm not concerned with getting to there, but with the fact it allows for imbalance early on which quickly spirals out of hand.

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't find stability issues proceed from Frostfall by the way, and I have some fairly significant number of merged mods. I'm currently at 234 LO items, but some of those merge forty or more ESPs. I really can't say what the total is, a bit less than 600 I think, and in any case it's irrelevant - most ESPs are not load generators in any meaningful way.

Absence of the evidence is not the evidence of the absence.

Anyways, it seems we don't agree on this one - and I see that you skipped my remark regarding the fact that College actually conforms to the laws of the land in-lore which invalidates the "enforcers are not fitting there" till a significant degree. Plus, if you're inclined to have difficulty at it's high, introduction of more control mechanism to a College and stripping it of the "safe harbor" status should be more than welcomed.

Anyways, I've stated my opinion and I respect yours. A Solomon's solution here would be to have MCM option for it in the mod so that everyone is happy - provided that the author here would agree to do so.

15 minutes ago, Dellecross said:

Absence of the evidence is not the evidence of the absence.

Anyways, it seems we don't agree on this one - and I see that you skipped my remark regarding the fact that College actually conforms to the laws of the land in-lore which invalidates the "enforcers are not fitting there" till a significant degree

Your position on Frostfall is simply twisting around the rules so that you demand proof Frostfall does not causes crashes.

I could just as well say, provide proof of how it causes instability. I know for a fact that, if you can show that, you would have to set narrow conditions to make it happen, outside of which Frostfall would be demonstrably stable.

I didn't skip your assertion that the College follows the law of the land. I simply didn't see it as pertinent to the argument, because you've taken your subjective position on that, and I have mine. I don't agree with your proposition though. The Arch Mage follows only the path of least resistance, and that's the arc of his character. If allowing necromancy is easier, he will. This fits with the tale of his youth, which ends badly. He's a weak character with no moral compass who is ultimately broken by the guilt of it. The College as a whole is full of law-breakers, and of those who have little grasp of Skyrim's laws at all. You can argue and argue on this point, but it's all just your narrative twist. I don't agree with it, but more significantly, I originally spoke to the lore of SLS, not vanilla Skyrim, and the SLS enforcers specifically refer to making the cities unlike Winterhold.

There's nothing more to gain in this debate. Monoman will add, or not add, make optional or not optional, but if he adds enforcers to the College and I can't turn them off, I will be highly disappointed, but it probably won't matter because I'll have licenses.

I don't think Solstheim has enforcers either. You can start there. I've started games there a couple of times. It was quite bothersome due to the lack of low level anything to kill. Does that mean it needs enforcers? I don't think so. Some variety is nice.

7 hours ago, Black714 said:

The Tattoo is till not working Even I  EnableFaceOverlays set to 1, I still Don't know why....

You might have to trigger the event to add it again. Is it the magic curse or the bikini curse or both?

If it's the bikini curse just drop the bikini licence and pick it up again. 

Magic curse you'll have to get out of the collar and get a new one put on again. But the overlay isn't usually visible under most collars. 

You might also be able to change the overlay areas to get it to refresh -> Eg: change the bikini curse from body to something else and then back to body again. 

The Cover Self Animation is not show up anyway, did I need another mods to support it?

There's no cover animation in SLS yet. 

DCL provides one. 

I Upload My Personal Mods with underwear in same slot as Belt and Bra, did I still need _SLS_BikiniArmor [KYWD:XX049867] Keyword?

Is this for the 'half-naked' feature?

I think it depends on if they're armor or not. Clothes shouldn't need it I think. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Isn't it already done by quite a few mods?

True. Not exactly rushing to put it in but just thought it would fit thematically. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

This is a MWA feature? How confusing. It seems unrelated to outfits, and strangely related to survival. Never mind.

Well MWA is a rarity mod in and of itself. How long have you spent running around naked looking for something to wear with it? 

Plus it was just more convenient and efficient to add it to MWA. Took like 4 or 5 extra lines of code. 

/runs a mile from the rest of the debate here :P

4 hours ago, SamBooka said:

My follower sometimes gets checked at the gate (not always) but gear is never removed from follower. Any thoughts on why this could be?

Your follower is allowed to keep whatever it is they have equipped. 

Anything else is subject to your licences. 

I keep meaning to mention there's a trivial formatting glitch in the sleep message box. The hunger and thirst values show -- instead of -

When I go to buy back confiscations, they're always 100% full price.

Does anyone else see this, or is it just my quirk?

Other mods could be messing with those prices. No idea what though. I haven't really added any new mods that would do that.

13 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I keep meaning to mention there's a trivial formatting glitch in the sleep message box. The hunger and thirst values show -- instead of -

Think I've fixed this now. I'll need to test later. 

13 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

When I go to buy back confiscations, they're always 100% full price.

Note the tooltip. Anything less than 25% didn't work for me. I guess there's some minimum setting somewhere but nothing I changed seemed to make any difference. 

Check you have the discount perk when the barter window opens:

Help _SLS_LicBuyBackDiscount

This will list all the discount rate perks. Then you know yourself

Player.HasPerk xxxxxxxx

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Note the tooltip. Anything less than 25% didn't work for me.

That's why I tried a wide range of values. 

I'll check the perk next time I get a chance. My gut feel is that some other mod is setting a similar perk with conflicting values.

20 minutes ago, Crota said:

I am having trouble configuring where I get sent for slavery events when caught by a guard and I have no follower. Is it just using a random outcome of simple slavery?

I thought you were simply ported back to town and given a follower. If you have DF, the follower will probably be devious, but that's up to you.

You can add/remove followers from the list that SLS assigns followers from, and if you want to exclude them from DF, you can do that in DF.

And if you don't have DF, clearly, they won't ever be DF followers.

I didn't think there was any slavery option. Why would there be?

However, if you were caught by "slavers" without an escort, then maybe being sent to SS makes perfect sense.

SLS doesn't have a feature like this. I guess it's more "SexLab Slavers" than "SexLab Survival".

Not that I'd mind it, but I think it would end up becoming a complex feature, because you wouldn't want it to just "happen".

DEC made an entire mod of this that's been evolving and improving for years, and still doesn't get it right, or do it in any way that I'd ever want to use.

I know that is still true, as I tried it recently.

And then there's Slaverun, which adds another layer of complexity.

Ultimately, what people want from a Slavers mod is more nuanced and complex:

Spoiler

Proper defeat mechanics (most important part).

Identifiable slavers in the world, like bandit gangs, but a bit different.

Slaver transport quests  (slavers transport you).

Slaver escape quests (and you try to escape).

Escaping from the auctioneers quests.

Punishment scenarios and quests.

Rescue scenarios and quests.

Slaver auction as a mini-game (try to get bought by the least bad purchaser).

Slaver auction outcomes - ranging from freedom to enslavement (and with what mod?) to death.

All stuff that is outside the scope of SLS, or any mod that anyone is making right now.

Pity.

17 minutes ago, Crota said:

I am having trouble configuring where I get sent for slavery events when caught by a guard and I have no follower. Is it just using a random outcome of simple slavery?

Lupine's right.

Simple slavery is triggered if you succumb to exposure in frostfall.

And you can either be sent to simple slavery or be enslaved by the home owner (SD) after the simply knock scenario. (Or you can just be let go)

There's no slavery for being caught without an escort. That'd be pretty harsh even for SLS :P

Though you can end up being your followers bitch (Devious followers) when you're ported back to town and force assigned a follower.