On 6/14/2018 at 4:03 PM, sou93mondal said:

I'm having trouble with getting SS manually registered in DA. While DA takes PoP in, it doesn't show SS.

I can get it to so I can't find the problem, Someone else had the same problem. I will rebuild the function and see if that fixes it no eta on that though, literally when I get a bit more free time.

2 hours ago, sou93mondal said:

Cool, as long as it gets fixed. In the meanwhile i'm just going to cramp up SS chance on PO to 90% :D

Did you try on a brand new game? If you upgraded or installed SS on a save it will not work properly.

14 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Did you try on a brand new game? If you upgraded or installed SS on a save it will not work properly.

I started SS on a new game but it didn't get registered on DA, probably beacause DA was patched with Bashed patch or DSR patch. Then about 2 hours ago made a new bashed patch and DSR patch without DA and started a new game. TL;DR It's working now. 

12 hours ago, sou93mondal said:

I started SS on a new game but it didn't get registered on DA, probably beacause DA was patched with Bashed patch or DSR patch. Then about 2 hours ago made a new bashed patch and DSR patch without DA and started a new game. TL;DR It's working now. 

I've never done the bashed patch thing so I have no idea what effect that would have. Glad you got it working, though. :)

7 hours ago, Xerodyne said:

Always wanted to like this mod, has great potential.  Before I download this again; Do characters in this mod still have non-lore friendly / overtly racist names?

That's why I've kept junking this one over the years.  =\

What are you talking about?

Lol, funny.  I might not even have the right mod here, and if I don't, I'm soooo sorry.  I thought this was the mod where you are sent to the auction block. 

In the mod I'm thinking of; Locked in your cell with you, is a woman named Sally Hemmings (which was the name of a slave owned by Thomas Jefferson).  Also in your cell is an NPC named Douglass Fredericks (Frederick Douglass was an abolitionist from Maryland, also a slave).  And of course I can't forget the orc named Kunta Kinte…. *smh*

Again, if this isn't that mod, I'm really really sorry.

27 minutes ago, CGi said:

Bidder #1? i'm offended! :P

5 hours ago, jfraser said:

What are you talking about?

Noooo, not offended.  If I were offended easily, I wouldn't be on LoversLab. 

No, I find it more anachronistic.  It would be like having a follower named "Jason Statham" or a boat mod in which the boat is named "USS Alabama".  ?

16 minutes ago, Xerodyne said:

Noooo, not offended.  If I were offended easily, I wouldn't be on LoversLab. 

No, I find it more anachronistic.  It would be like having a follower named "Jason Statham" or a boat mod in which the boat is named "USS Alabama".  ?

Honestly I've never paid attention to those NPC's names, so I couldn't tell you for sure if they remain the same or not.  My assumption is that they are still there, as I can't see that being a change that was deemed necessary for the purpose of a "Plus" version that focuses on DD compatibility and bug fixes.

That being said, if those minor NPC's names bother you so much as to be a decider if you install the mod or not, why not simply change them in TES5Edit or even delete them entirely.  Other than a few lines of dialogue when you try to talk to them, I doubt they have any vital part to play in the mod's functions.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the random NPCs milling about in the auction had off-colour names as well, but unless you make a point of visiting the auction cell you'd never see them in-game.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Honestly I've never paid attention to those NPC's names, so I couldn't tell you for sure if they remain the same or not.  My assumption is that they are still there, as I can't see that being a change that was deemed necessary for the purpose of a "Plus" version that focuses on DD compatibility and bug fixes.

That being said, if those minor NPC's names bother you so much as to be a decider if you install the mod or not, why not simply change them in TES5Edit or even delete them entirely.  Other than a few lines of dialogue when you try to talk to them, I doubt they have any vital part to play in the mod's functions.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the random NPCs milling about in the auction had off-colour names as well, but unless you make a point of visiting the auction cell you'd never see them in-game.

Not only did that work like a charm, I might have also take the opportunity to trim down the abundance of slavery posters throughout skyrim as well... ?

I've only ever used TES5Edit to streamline merged patches before, never to mod a mod.  Thanks again for provoking me to explore it!  Gotta start somewhere, worked great.

6 minutes ago, Xerodyne said:

I've only ever used TES5Edit to streamline merged patches before, never to mod a mod.  Thanks again for provoking me to explore it!  Gotta start somewhere, worked great.

TES5Edit is an extremely power tool for quick personal-use adjustments to mods, be they removing things (objects/npcs/entire cells) editing dialogue, or adjusting keywords on items ect.  Obviously save a backup incase you accidentally break something, and if you've edited a mod you can't really expect to ask for troubleshooting advice since your problems may be directly related to your edit.  Other than that have fun.

3 hours ago, Reesewow said:

TES5Edit is an extremely power tool for quick personal-use adjustments to mods, be they removing things (objects/npcs/entire cells) editing dialogue, or adjusting keywords on items ect.  Obviously save a backup incase you accidentally break something, and if you've edited a mod you can't really expect to ask for troubleshooting advice since your problems may be directly related to your edit.  Other than that have fun.

Can you edit Mod MCM standard settings via TES5EDIT, too?

Sorry for the hijack...

@Topic: 

I guess the names are only easter eggs. There is a quote of Lincoln or Jefferson (dont remember exactly) when you are sold. 

5 hours ago, Xerodyne said:

Lol, funny.  I might not even have the right mod here, and if I don't, I'm soooo sorry.  I thought this was the mod where you are sent to the auction block. 

In the mod I'm thinking of; Locked in your cell with you, is a woman named Sally Hemmings (which was the name of a slave owned by Thomas Jefferson).  Also in your cell is an NPC named Douglass Fredericks (Frederick Douglass was an abolitionist from Maryland, also a slave).  And of course I can't forget the orc named Kunta Kinte…. *smh*

Again, if this isn't that mod, I'm really really sorry.

33 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Can you edit Mod MCM standard settings via TES5EDIT, too?

Sorry for the hijack...

@Topic: 

I guess the names are only easter eggs. There is a quote of Lincoln or Jefferson (dont remember exactly) when you are sold. 

OH! Yes, they were meant to be easter eggs of sorts. :)

I actually forgot I did that. 

Installer problem.

I have Devious Framework v2.06, and the installer isn't allowing me to add the patch. Greying it out, as if it isn't installed... Only allowing the SKIP box to be ticked...

I installed the English version... Simple Slavery Plus V5.6 Installer-Eng-De

Am I the only one getting this problem...

4 hours ago, Krazyone said:

Installer problem.

I have Devious Framework v2.06, and the installer isn't allowing me to add the patch. Greying it out, as if it isn't installed... Only allowing the SKIP box to be ticked...

i can't replicate this problem under MO2 or NMM.
is DeviousFramework.esm in your plugin list?

Installer problem.

6 minutes ago, CGi said:

i can't replicate this problem under MO2 or NMM.
is DeviousFramework.esm in your plugin list?

Yeah... it is.

I'm using Mod Organizer 1, I tried using Mod Organizer 2 and didn't like it, so I backtracked to version 1. Version 2 had some nice features, but its file structure deviated from the norm, and I couldn't be bothered to spend hours changing it, to suit my file structure needs.

This isn't the first time I've had Simple Slavery installed, but its the first time I've had an option not allow me to install the patch. Maybe have the best of both worlds and remove the auto check, grey out option. Which would allow people to just force install the patch, which is a better way to FOMOD install stuff anyway, in my view anyway. I'm no coder, but I've installed a lot of mods over the years.

Your's is the first installer, that had auto checking of mods that I have come across. As well as the first mod that denied me access to a setting because of it...

8 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Yeah... it is.

I'm using Mod Organizer 1, I tried using Mod Organizer 2 and didn't like it, so I backtracked to version 1. Version 2 had some nice features, but its file structure deviated from the norm, and I couldn't be bothered to spend hours changing it, to suit my file structure needs.

This isn't the first time I've had Simple Slavery installed, but its the first time I've had an option not allow me to install the patch. Maybe have the best of both worlds and remove the auto check, grey out option. Which would allow people to just force install the patch, which is a better way to FOMOD install stuff anyway, in my view anyway. I'm no coder, but I've installed a lot of mods over the years.

Your's is the first installer, that had auto checking of mods that I have come across. As well as the first mod that denied me access to a setting because of it...

MO2 uses the same directory and file structure as MO1. Absolutly no difference there.
it has added features (some affect plugin detection in installer scripts which where missing before), added support and alot of fixes applied but that's it.

The installer script defaults to NotUseable for the DfW option and then sets it as followed:
DfW installed but inactive: Optional
DfW installed and active: Recommended

i have no MO1 installation i can test this with and don't support it anymore either due to lacking FOMOD scripting support.

Once Vortex is officially released NMM support will be dropped too.

1 hour ago, CGi said:

MO2 uses the same directory and file structure as MO1. Absolutly no difference there.
it has added features (some affect plugin detection in installer scripts which where missing before), added support and alot of fixes applied but that's it.

The installer script defaults to NotUseable for the DfW option and then sets it as followed:
DfW installed but inactive: Optional
DfW installed and active: Recommended

i have no MO1 installation i can test this with and don't support it anymore either due to lacking FOMOD scripting support.

Once Vortex is officially released NMM support will be dropped too.

Sorry but you are wrong, the mod folder by default is on the C drive with Mod Organizer 2. Located in the %AppData% hidden files, I've even checked online about it.

On Mod Organizer 1, all the files are in one place, on my big drive. Except, obviously some game configuration files, and save games files.

I've just cleaned out all my Steam files, to clean out the garbage files. Re-installing all my programs fresh, adding my back-ups. I found the mods folder missing when I tried Mod Organizer 2, I don't know if any other folders were missing. I found the mods folder in the hidden section on the C drive, it can be reconfigured to the original location, as a search on the web described.

But I don't see any reason to spread the files across 2 drives, unless you are using SSD drives, which I am not using. It all seemed like too much trouble, for no gain. So I just backtracked to the version that I know works, as I didn't feel like spending hours reading on altering all the file paths and file locations. Or possibly other file locations that have been altered, maybe in the future I will go onto Mod Organizer 2. But at present, it is just too much trouble, and I just want to play Skryim...

MO2 pulling mods from MO folder

3 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Sorry but you are wrong, the mod folder by default is on the C drive with Mod Organizer 2. Located in the %AppData% hidden files, I've even checked online about it.

MO1 is portable by default means everything is in the programs folder but some users installed MO1 inside an UAC monitored folders what lead to bug reports so MO2 defaults to a fixed installation. But MO2 still supports portable mode and even asks you about it when you first start it. Choosing this mode everything is as it was in MO1.

17 minutes ago, CGi said:

MO1 is portable by default means everything is in the programs folder but some users installed MO1 inside an UAC monitored folders what lead to bug reports so MO2 defaults to a fixed installation. But MO2 still supports portable mode and even asks you about it when you first start it. Choosing this mode everything is as it was in MO1.

I tried installing it twice, and didn't see any portable mode. Maybe something I missed...  Thanks for the info, I'll have to keep an eye out for the portable mode when I do my next fresh install... :smile:

53 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

I tried installing it twice, and didn't see any portable mode. Maybe something I missed...  Thanks for the info, I'll have to keep an eye out for the portable mode when I do my next fresh install... :smile:

Alternativly you can do this:

MO2-PortableSetUp.JPG

Then just copy MO1's Mods, Download and Profile folder to the usual place inside MO2's install folder and you're done.

P.s.: Don't reuse MO1's ModOrganizer.iNi .