8 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

CCAS is Content Consumer's Alternate Starts, one of the ways to get sent to Simple Slavery.

The only file in the download section for 6.01 is a FOMOD installer.  When I ran it I selected the option to not install the framework support, since I do not have Devious Framework installed.  So I think I should have the correct version.

Is it normal to not have any SS dialog options with John Randall?  The only choices I have are from other mods.

Anyway, I started over from the starting cell with the same result.

Thanks for your help.

This happens to me as well when starting with CCAS...

I talk to the statue, pick simple slavery as starting option, get sent to the auction house...  there I can walk around for a few seconds and then I get sent to the block...  ( I dont even have to talk to Randall for this to happen, but if I hurry I can talk to him but he does not have the right dialogue options)

but on the block PC just hangs there… the auction never starts...

Edit:  uninstalled and tried with old version 5.3, (otherwise same mod setup in same load order and all was working fine)

4 hours ago, worik said:

:classic_blush: My bad ... I need another cup 

Back to more stupid questions:

Since I got the MCM menu and some advertisment wallpapers in Riften, I assume the mod has initialized itself quite well in my test game.

The old Simple Slavery had a market at the back side of Riften.  That place seems to be empty now. Where would I have to go for a bit of sightseeing? Or didn't the setup work as good as it appears?

Edit: Found it - a door next to the Riften barracks. Good placement though it could be moved a bit to the side ... or the interior modified since it would overlap with the guardsroom ;)

Though outside of the SE gate is some stuff too .. and that seems to collide with  JKs Skyrim overhaul.

Edit2: I I think the shrines of Mara are not sooooo fitting ;) How about Zenithar?

I kept the remnants of the previous market there because I kinda liked the thought that the earlier versions were canon and they used that spot before finding a cushier spot indoors, but they didn't bother removing the bigger stuff.

Also, I was lazy and didn't bother removing the bigger stuff. ;)

It didn't occur to me that it might conflict with things.

I tried moving the Simple Slavery esp much closer to the end of the load list than where LOOT put it, so that now it is just before the Alternate Start LAL esp and the CCAS esp, but got the same results.  I think I'll try a different start and see if I can get sent to SS another way (POP or Defeat).

A small idea for a simple slavery scenario if you are taking suggestions.

- Conscription: times are tough in the Civil War. Nords can be bought by an envoy from Windhelm and enrolled by force to serve as a Stormcloak. Any other race can be forced to serve in the Legion. In each case, wake up in the barracks of Solitude or Windhelm with the appropriate CW stage set (of course, this would be triggered only once if said CW quest stage isn't set yet).

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

A small idea for a simple slavery scenario if you are taking suggestions.

- Conscription: times are tough in the Civil War. Nords can be bought by an envoy from Windhelm and enrolled by force to serve as a Stormcloak. Any other race can be forced to serve in the Legion. In each case, wake up in the barracks of Solitude or Windhelm with the appropriate CW stage set (of course, this would be triggered only once if said CW quest stage isn't set yet).

That could be a nasty problem. I like to play other races but find it hard to support the Empire because of their dictatorship ways. If this was the case I would look for ways to betray the Empire to the Stormcloaks and switch sides.

Unfortunately I don't think that is a thing in Skyrim.

12 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

That could be a nasty problem. I like to play other races but find it hard to support the Empire because of their dictatorship ways. If this was the case I would look for ways to betray the Empire to the Stormcloaks and switch sides.

No, you can switch sides in the civil war quest before a certain point. I don't remember where that point is, though ..

13 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

48 minutes ago, jfraser said:

No, you can switch sides in the civil war quest before a certain point. I don't remember where that point is, though ..

It happens during the conclusion of the The Jagged Crown quest.

regardless of which side sends you to collect the crown, once the crown is in your possession, you can either take it to Ulfric or Tulius ... if you are sent by the Imperials but then take the crown to Ulfric, you effectively betray the empire and switch sides.

11 hours ago, jd210 said:

The MCM is not showing up.  I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. Other mods say it is there, but no menu.

Sometimes it takes a while. Jaxon's mod, MCM Kicker helps me, but often a menu doesn't show up until a couple reloads later.  Play for a bit, save, and then reload.

2 hours ago, just_Gina said:

Sometimes it takes a while. Jaxon's mod, MCM Kicker helps me, but often a menu doesn't show up until a couple reloads later.  Play for a bit, save, and then reload.

I thought of that. Loaded up s new game, played for a couple hours and did several reloads. No menu.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I use Jaxon's MCM kicker mod. As some MCM menus will never show up otherwise.

I installed that based upon your recommendation and that did the trick.  Thanks. 

I came here to see if anyone else had the problem with no MCM menu.  New game, clean installation of Simple Slavery.  Waited a long time, but no menu.  All the other mods with MCM menus are working fine, it's just this mod.  Based on some of the comments, I might give that MCM Kicker mod a try. 

EDIT:  Not sure what I did wrong before, but I started over, reinstalled Simple Slavery, started a new game again, and the MCM menu displays now.  So I ended up not having to use that kicker mod. 

12 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I came here to see if anyone else had the problem with no MCM menu.  New game, clean installation of Simple Slavery.  Waited a long time, but no menu.  All the other mods with MCM menus are working fine, it's just this mod.  Based on some of the comments, I might give that MCM Kicker mod a try. 

I had that exact problem and it was frustrating.  The MCM Kicker solved it.

8 minutes ago, COLOCO said:

a slavery mod without zaz dependency plz?

This is a slavery bridge not a slavery mod.

Devious Followers is a mod(self promotion) that slowly enslaves the player that doesn't use ZAZ.

If your asking for a non ZAZ version of this mod..... most of the mods it sends that players to use ZAZ so there is no point. I think the only mods that doesn't use zaz that feature slavery is Devious follower. I know in the future DCL will.

21 minutes ago, DubstepJungle said:

I'm confused, maybe dumb, or both. Is this SE compatible? Or is there a DIY way to make it compatible?

It's not. There is likely a way (some person said they made it)

I have no immediate plans to move to SE modding yet so unless someone else wants to do it, you'll just have to wait.

When will I move to SE..... no idea, when Devious followers is 2.0 (months away) a least before I think about it.

9 hours ago, DubstepJungle said:

I'm confused, maybe dumb, or both. Is this SE compatible? Or is there a DIY way to make it compatible?

8 hours ago, Lozeak said:

It's not. There is likely a way (some person said they made it)

I have no immediate plans to move to SE modding yet so unless someone else wants to do it, you'll just have to wait.

When will I move to SE..... no idea, when Devious followers is 2.0 (months away) a least before I think about it.

In theory someone just needs to load it up into the SE version of the Creation Kit and recompile it. But I don't use SE either.

Could you make an additional esp for editing the NPC's appearance? For the life of me I can't get it right every time I edit the NPC's the mod gets updated and trying a merged plugin doesn't register with other mods ?

Also it would be wondrous indeed to see variable scenario's in the outcome of being sold, an example being a noble's servant, working the mines or the farm or in the tavern..