What was Your First Ever Computer Game?

games that I played in my childhood, were sonic, duke nukem, 3D Space Cadet Pinball, deadly kombat 4, lion king (these are the ones I remember playing but really I do not know which was the first).

My first game was Doom and Doom 2 on MS-DOS. When I was 5, I witnessed the decapitated rabbit head. Scarred me.

As much as I loved the game before during my good and ignorant days, modding it, adding new monsters, creating entire armies to fight me and to have Arch Viles as my friend, raising shit to fight for me, I dunno, I just get this really depressed sinking feeling whenever I play it or listen to its music now. I wish I knew what the source of it was...

I can handle a lot of scary shit too so... I still don't know why to this day.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Kirzol said:

My first real video game was World of Warcraft. My husband (bf at the time) needed a healer and I needed laid so I gave in.

Now how much do I wanna bet that because that was an attractive comment, I'll be instantly rejected because someone got to you faster than I could? xD

I cannot recall but I remember this game pretty fondly, Seek and Destroy:

93823.jpg 93819.jpg93821.jpg

I remember that Indiana Jones game someone posted as well, great game. There was also a Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game I believe.

One of my earliest floppy disk games would be Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe:

secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_1secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_1secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_5

• 7 months later...

My parents gave me this for my second Christmas in 1989.

i’m not sure if I still have it, but I do remember playing it. 

(yes, I’m 30 and remember being 2.)

we also had an NES (that I do still have, on a shelf next to my desk) but It might have been bought around the same time (I didn’t have super Mario 1 or 2, just 3)

First game I ever played on an actual computer was Sword of Fargoal on my family's Commodore VIC-20:

Sword_map1.png.22c28cb85b666ca7c57588d2d4a9dd6c.png

It was a great little Roguelike that made good use of the VIC-20's programmable character graphics (sort of a precursor to sprites).

The first video game I ever played was an arcade game where you played as an anti-aircraft gun trying to shoot down airplanes.  This was some time in early 1978; the game was in black an white, and housed in a wood-grain cabinet smaller than your typical arcade stand-up machines.  Ironically, I was playing the game at an airport while we were waiting to pick up my dad who was returning from a business trip.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My first computer had a Tetris game loaded into it and The Cycles by Accolade.

The first bought game however was Heroes of Might and Magic, the first one. However it couldn't launch because the PC was an old bucket of bolts that ran on Win 3.1 so we could only run King's Bounty, the DOS one. Which I could never finish.

On 8/28/2018 at 6:35 AM, Jerbsinator said:

I cannot recall but I remember this game pretty fondly, Seek and Destroy:

93823.jpg 93819.jpg93821.jpg

I remember that Indiana Jones game someone posted as well, great game. There was also a Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game I believe.

One of my earliest floppy disk games would be Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe:

secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_1secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_1secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe-cd-rom_5

OMG THANK YOU

I was searching for this one looong ago without luck!

Some Sesame Street ABC type learning game on my dad's DOS computer.   I was...4 or 5?  I also played his golf game, Sim Life, and Bard's Tale-the original, super hard one.  Oh, and how could I forget Carmen Sandiego?  I wasn't very good at that one, though. I credit that old computer for sparking my initial love of making PCs do what I want, and troubleshooting passion. Later I got a Genesis, and had Sonic, Columns, and Shining Force and its sequel keep me busy for endless hours.  My awesome parents let me have Sega Channel.  Those were the days!