What was Your First Ever Computer Game?

Diablo I, Warcraft II, Neverhood and Blackthorne, all around the same time. I can't remember which one was first, I was just a wee kid, younger than 5 when me and my brother got our hands on our uncle's pc. Or at least my brother did, I didn't even know how to navigate this alien technology. He'd just launch the game for me and I would play.
But the day I learned that selecting something and pressing enter in Total Commander launches it, felt like ascending to godhood. Yeah, good times.

I see my previous reply on here was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but actually I think the first computer game I ever played was "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" on a friend's mac. My first computer had Windows 3.1 with Windows Entertainment and I played Chip's Challenge to death.

• 1 year later...

For me it was Hang On on the Sega Master System. I am not sure if that came in both iterations but mine was in check card format.
This was actually very fun to play. This was back in 85 or 86. Paid a lot of money for it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think my first ever computer game is Indycar Racing (PC/DOS), i remember doing stupid liverys with the editor, eheheh, among that these are my fisr experiences with computer games:

-Age of Empires with Rise Of Rome Expansion

-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

-Age of Mythology

-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

-All of the FIFA's between 99 and 07

- PES 6

-Age of Empires II

-DOOM from 93

i can't remember more hehe

This takes me back to around 2003. I think I played the old browser Prince of Persia, the very pixelated one. I also enjoyed Age of Empires and Jazz the Jackrabbit. These two were my favorite ones as far as I remember. Mario was a game I played on console before I got to play anything on a PC.

I also played Sims when it first appeared and I got multiple mindfucks. I was around 5 years old and I really thought I was controlling real people. I used to get very sad when they died.

I honestly cannot remember the name of the first games I ever played.  I remember that my dad had a job setting up office equipment and my mom had a technical job in the Navy which allowed us to get several second hand computers practically my entire life.  I remember having at least one computer that was monochrome and playing several somethings on a computer where the games came on floppy discs.

The first game I personally owned as opposed to my parents I believe was an Ultraman fighting game for Super Nintendo.  My parents had skipped the original Nintendo entirely.  I was surprised as hell though that anyone else remembered ET game for Atari.  That thing was just awful.  Plenty other good titles that I'm seeing that bring back fond memories.

Pong.  Also the Atari 2600 in Sears until the sale people kicked us out.

First PC game I remember was I think Wizardry by Sir Tech?  Also the old adventure games where it was text only and you had to type in directions and actions.

First PC was the Texas Instruments TI99-4A complete with speech synthesizer.

7 hours ago, Samuraitech said:

First PC was the Texas Instruments TI99-4A complete with speech synthesizer.

Same here, but without the speech synthesizer. I got the TI-Basic-Module about half a year later, because you just couldn't use it properly in the "normal" version.

Had to type all programs/games in from computer magazines (or program myself) and store them via a normal cassette player.

Game-modules were hard to get and/or way too expensive for a 13-yo.

Edited by Gartek

Oh, the memories. I think my first ever computer game was Age of Empires. The very first one.

I played it as a child on my cousins PC. I was too young to understand what was going on, so I always just loaded up a savegame he had where I knew he had a huge castle. Then I defeated the AI enemy that was set to easy. 

Whenever I was allowed to play I would load the same save and play it :D

17 hours ago, Gartek said:

Same here, but without the speech synthesizer. I got the TI-Basic-Module about half a year later, because you just couldn't use it properly in the "normal" version.

Had to type all programs/games in from computer magazines (or program myself) and store them via a normal cassette player.

Game-modules were hard to get and/or way too expensive for a 13-yo.

I had a subscription to a PC magazine as well that was all code.  I had a sears data cassette player for saving the programs.  Sounded like a modem if you played it back over audio.

The Texas Instruments was a nice computer, but they could not have a $700 to $800 PC compete with the Commodore 64 at only $89.

I had a Classic MAC SE later.  My first hard drive was an external Seagate at only 10Mb.  Seems so small now. 

In my current PC my main Seagate Network drive for backup is 14TB.  My C drive with the OS is a 2TB Nvme SSD.  We have come a long way in computer technology.

Still waiting for Super Man Crystals though.  Wonder what the memory capacity would be rated?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 1:22 AM, Samuraitech said:

I had a subscription to a PC magazine as well that was all code.  I had a sears data cassette player for saving the programs.  Sounded like a modem if you played it back over audio.

The Texas Instruments was a nice computer, but they could not have a $700 to $800 PC compete with the Commodore 64 at only $89.

I had a Classic MAC SE later.  My first hard drive was an external Seagate at only 10Mb.  Seems so small now. 

In my current PC my main Seagate Network drive for backup is 14TB.  My C drive with the OS is a 2TB Nvme SSD.  We have come a long way in computer technology.

Well, I was envious about the neighbor kid who had a C64... which I couldn't (and my parents wouldn't) afford.

I got an Atari 1040ST around 1988 and later (1992) bought myself a used Mega2-ST from a cousin that was in computer business with the 20MB Harddrive that was as big as the computer itself (in a seperate case, as big as the main computer case). Got my first PC around 1995 - Pentium 90 with Windows 95.

*Sigh* Nostalgia... :D