2 minutes ago, RollontheDane said:

Then perhaps it should be added to the requirement list then, to save this type of head ache.

At least the installer saved you from CtD'ing to desktop before the main menu appears. ;)

14 hours ago, RollontheDane said:

Then perhaps it should be added to the requirement list then, to save this type of head ache.

At this point in time anyone not having all the DLCs is the rare outlier.  Especially since their are mods that disable or delay the extra quests etc. for those who don't care for them or want to do them when they're ready and not when the game decides to start them.

You are now in a tiny minority that few modders will cater to.  If it doesn't say the DLCs are NOT required then you should assume they are.

2 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

At this point in time anyone not having all the DLCs is the rare outlier.  Especially since their are mods that disable or delay the extra quests etc. for those who don't care for them or want to do them when they're ready and not when the game decides to start them.

You are now in a tiny minority that few modders will cater to.  If it doesn't say the DLCs are NOT required then you should assume they are.

So I should assume that all mods even if they say nothing about DLC's require them so there for not get or download them because they may or may not require DLCs? I don't care if modders don't cater towards me but it would be nice to know all the requirements needed for a mod.

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, RollontheDane said:

So I should assume that all mods even if they say nothing about DLC's require them so there for not get or download them because they may or may not require DLCs? I don't care if modders don't cater towards me but it would be nice to know all the requirements needed for a mod.

While I sympathize with you that there is often inadequate documentation from mod authors, and while I know that you are frustrated WaxenFigure has simply told you how it is. It is like the number of animations that can be run on Bugthesda's crummy engine - I don't like it but there it is anyway. Mod authors have provided me with many hours of pleasure. They had no requirement to do so, they chose to share. I am grateful that they share and give me something for free to enjoy. While I wish documentation was better I remind myself that this is like saying, "man that guy was cheap. He only gave he a Toyota and I wanted a Lexus!"

2 hours ago, RollontheDane said:

Basically it's about setting your expectations. 

Spoiler
7 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

yes, that is the traditional form of pony play 1 would expect of a human equine. not sure if that's do-able in skyrim or not tho

I have asked many people, including T.ara but it appears insurmountable. VirginMarie has managed to make the animations for Shout Like A Virgin but, as I understand it and I'm no expert, she can get away with it because her "NPC" is a fixed "part" of the rickshaw. That is, there is only one NPC that could ever ride in it.

Hi Guys,

Basically I wanted to mod some small aspects of this fantastic mod to be more to my liking... 

Long story short I had to start using NMM instead of Mod Organizer so that I could use the creation kit and compile papyrus scripts. In all my years of software engineering this has so far been one of the most difficult build environments to set up.

After solving most of the major issues I still have a very bizzare problem -- the boots just disappear. I have tried all the usual thingies like recompiling everything in BodySlide (though there are only 86 things to build for some reason, my MO version had way more). Doesn't work and I am not sure why, I know the mesh somehow is not being found by the game but I really don't get it.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Lollerdin9000.

58 minutes ago, lollerdin9000 said:

Any ideas?

What are the main reasons you couldn't do that in MO? I know Creation Kit works from MO, as i've used it for my own mods. But i've never compiled any script so no idea about them. The start options look like (Obviously your Steam may be installed elsewhere, i have 3 different drives for Steam apps; C, D, E):

crkit.png.ce84bf57ddcfabcdb2962be1863bba4c.png

7 hours ago, lollerdin9000 said:

Hi Guys,

Basically I wanted to mod some small aspects of this fantastic mod to be more to my liking... 

Long story short I had to start using NMM instead of Mod Organizer so that I could use the creation kit and compile papyrus scripts. In all my years of software engineering this has so far been one of the most difficult build environments to set up.

After solving most of the major issues I still have a very bizzare problem -- the boots just disappear. I have tried all the usual thingies like recompiling everything in BodySlide (though there are only 86 things to build for some reason, my MO version had way more). Doesn't work and I am not sure why, I know the mesh somehow is not being found by the game but I really don't get it.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Lollerdin9000.

'tis simple to patch the Papyrus compiler so it works with MO (there's a program you can run against it to mark it so by default it runs as a 32bit program instead of 64bit, Search the web for it, it's not hard to find), even simpler to switch to MO2 which can actually run 64bit programs so it doesn't need to be patched. 

Hmm, basically the problem I was having getting things to work with MO was getting all the dependent scripts into PapyrusCompiler's includes... When I tried to run it from the command line I had to type something like PapyrusCompiler.exe sluts_script_name -i="D:\MO\...\mod1\scripts\source;D:\MO\...\mod2\scripts\source;<BIG_LONG_LIST>" -o="stuff" and there were so many mods that I just gave up and switched to NMM (because it puts everything in the base game directory).

Should I just switch to MO2 if it can create a unified directory for papyrus to compile from?

4 hours ago, lollerdin9000 said:

Should I just switch to MO2 if it can create a unified directory for papyrus to compile from?

Make a mod out of the scripts, then they are referred to as if they are in Skyrim's data\ folder. This virtual directory behavior is the same in MO and MO2.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:08 PM, Antaufein said:

I got sent to rehabilitation because I had a boounty, but when the carriage driver is done talking, nothing happens. I can walk around and I can't initiate dialogue with the carriage driver.

Yep, same here! After an initial talking, the dialogue ends and nothing else happens.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:08 PM, Antaufein said:

I got sent to rehabilitation because I had a boounty, but when the carriage driver is done talking, nothing happens. I can walk around and I can't initiate dialogue with the carriage driver.

Had you read the SLUTS flyer and talked to the carriage driver about SLUTS before being sent to rehabilitation?  It's a required step, and sometimes people forget to do that. 

34 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Had you read the SLUTS flyer and talked to the carriage driver about SLUTS before being sent to rehabilitation?  It's a required step, and sometimes people forget to do that. 

The rehab bug has been reported by many so far, it is just not working at all for anyone.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

No I did not, but it shouldn't be a requirement. The way I see it, getting sent to rehab should auto-complete the starting quest.

Let's please not forget that this community has rules. Let me quote the first:

The biggest and most important thing of this community is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

1 hour ago, Antaufein said:

No I did not, but it shouldn't be a requirement. The way I see it, getting sent to rehab should auto-complete the starting quest.

just re-read the past 3 pages of posts as i've already brought it to attention quoting older posts and got responses from other users on it...bottom line as far as i can tell there's an issue with the current version and another previous version. i was able to fix the dialogue for personal use on the previous version but since i don't know why he changed it or what his intentions were when he changed it, i won't go public with those fixes. when i get time to retest the current version with my newer fixes, i will message the author on my findings and see what he comes up with

Finally solved my problem.

In case anyone is ever interested here is how to set up to build this mod in MO2:

Install - Bodyslide, ConsoleUtil, CBBE, All the FNIS mods, XP32MSE, PapyrusUtils, JContainers, RaceMenu, SkyUI, Legendary Edition Patch from Nexus.

Then: Install SexLab, SLA, DDa/DDi/DDx, SlaveTats, SLUTS, Creation Kit, SKSE

Then:

1. "Install" Scripts.rar from your primary skyrim directory as a mod called "Scripts.rar sources"

2. Unpackage Racemenu.bsa to a folder on your HDD, remember where you put it.

2. Unpackage SexLabAroused.bsa to the same folder on your HDD.

3. Go to this folder and compress scripts/sources into its own mod file (i.e. keep the scripts/sources directory tree). Install this miniature mod you just made call it "SLA/Racemenu sources"

4. Download and install the SkyUI SDK from github.

5. Download the SKSE archive if you are using the steam version and install the scripts from it in MO2. Make sure it is overwriting everything that it can overwrite.

After doing all this you should be able to open the mod and modify/recompile its scripts in the Creation Kit.

Mods to avoid which for some reason messed up my game with disappearing items etc while doing this: HDT Heels, Realistic Ragdolls. Also be careful to make sure BodySlide points to the /data directory NOT the base Skyrim dir. It still ran for me when making this mistake but often items ended up corrupted.