LoversLab Line of Products?

KoolHndLuke

I was wondering if LoversLab has a line of products like tee shirts or key chains or anything. And if it doesn't, what kind of "promotional" products do you think LL would sell? Also, what kind of catchy slogan might best describe the essence or "motto" of this site?:classic_tongue:

Free promotional and colorful LL chastity belts in captured dreams style!

...than you have to buy lots of LL merchandize to gain the chance on a random key that might fit the lock!

meanwhile use the key chains to collect the useless keys ^^

(urghs, kimy has a bad influence on my understanding of a successful commerce model)

This idea was brought up a couple of years ago around the time when LL created it's Patreon page. And although I don't remember exactly why it was never pursued, I can only imagine it.

It would likely not be particular profitable if lets say 500 hundred or maybe even 1k t-shirts, key rings or key chains would be created and you only manage to sell 1/3 of them.

And sadly due to the content of this side, it could also lead to much more unnecessary attention. Almost any time LL is brought up, it seems to only be in a negative light.

3 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

This idea was brought up a couple of years ago around the time when LL created it's Patreon page. And although I don't remember exactly why it was never pursued, I can only imagine it.

It would likely not be particular profitable if lets say 500 hundred or maybe even 1k t-shirts, key rings or key chains would be created and you only manage to sell 1/3 of them.

And sadly due to the content of this side, it could also lead to much more unnecessary attention. Almost any time LL is brought up, it seems to only be in a negative light.

I don't know. If you look at the Forum page right this minute the thread below this is about swords - making and collecting them. I think a lot of  the items that sell in places like Renaissance Fairs would work here - and using Mod items (like Captured Dreams, Devious Devices, etc.) on them wouldn't necessarily draw any special attention. And if you thought it might Lovers Lab is a fairly innocuous title (if you don't know anything else about it).

7 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

That's what I was going to mention. The site gets enough flak from ignorant demagogues and zealots as is. Advertising would just draw more.

14 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Would totes buy a LL strapon if it came wi' a matchin' coffee cup.

:classic_exclamation: Dare I ask why?

7 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

:classic_exclamation: Dare I ask why?

The Missis is always griping at me to git a new one. Because I'm stubborn and grumpy and kept the same mug for years. 's been through some times me an' that mug, 's served me everything from Java Lava to Cap'n Morgans, I know every stain on it intimately.

As for the other thingy, for err..."Reasons." /nodnod

Make it happen Ashal!

Fuck that nonsense about not drawing attention to the site! I would proudly tell people about LL (and I do!) and use/wear it's products- so long as they had a cool logo and snazzy catch line like "LoversLab- The Adult Gamer's Playground!" or maybe "LoversLab- So Damn Good You'll Need to Change Your Underwear!".  Or how about "LoversLab- We Fucked Our Way to the TOP!!":classic_tongue:

6 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's what I was going to mention. The site gets enough flak from ignorant demagogues and zealots as is. Advertising would just draw more.

Improving one's public image is precisely what advertising is for.

Perhaps it should be sold on just how 'inclusive' this site is while being sure to remind them of how free-ish the speech is around here (granted one keeps it contained to the correct boards). That way, one is more likely draw in a wider variety of folks who were previously put off by misinformation about Loverslab simultaneously as dissuading would be authoritarians from bringing any of their nonsense over here.

16 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I was wondering if LoversLab has a line of products like tee shirts or key chains or anything. And if it doesn't, what kind of "promotional" products do you think LL would sell? Also, what kind of catchy slogan might best describe the essence or "motto" of this site?:classic_tongue:

Coffee cups that are microwaveable (no gold trim).

Large ones (no tea cups), and..... the plastic ones reek, so, um, ceramic ones.

Maybe with pictures of the resident avatars: The South American, the Tattooed lady, the Mouth, Paul-Newman, uhm, ??

But I started wandering,wondering...Do I really want to see them, All the time, no matter what? "Yes", maybe.

But some left or became incognito. (Or I read the way-wrong threads.)

My Christmas cup is super perfect except it's a Christmas cup so it looks slightly insane, hmm  

Keychains you keep your supermarket-membership-cards on would draw comments from the clerks

"O, you're one of *Those* types!"

OK, maybe panties or boxers with strategically-placed "Loverslab" logos.

I don't know if they're still in style (I don't keep up) but a bracelet.

And for the truly adventurous, corn-cob holders shaped like tiny dildos.

I saw a lighter in downtown shaped like a penis my wife wanted me to get....we decided upon a laminated lighter with a sexy

woman on it.

People gotta light their pot somehow.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Improving one's public image is precisely what advertising is for.

Perhaps it should be sold on just how 'inclusive' this site is while being sure to remind them of how free-ish the speech is around here (granted one keeps it contained to the correct boards). That way, one is more likely draw in a wider variety of folks who were previously put off by misinformation about Loverslab simultaneously as dissuading would be authoritarians from bringing any of their nonsense over here.

If the lemming wasn't so cynical about the outcry and potential legal trouble from butthurt moralists with more money than sense, specifically because the majority of content is used in "wholesome, family friendly" video games, he would agree. He could be wrong, though. That's par for the course.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

If the lemming wasn't so cynical about the outcry and potential legal trouble from butthurt moralists with more money than sense, specifically because the majority of content is used in "wholesome, family friendly" video games, he would agree. He could be wrong, though. That's par for the course.

We just need better lawyers. Or we could butcher them in cold blood but murder is bad so lets not do that.

We could try spamming more letters to government. If we had a good writer we could make a paper that fucks folks brains out and makes them go weeeeeeeeeee!

We need better time-killing threads,

unless you were actually gonna start importing stuff from somewhere and just wanted specific things to order.

People talk in hushed tones about being well behaved, in the proper setting, discussing well-endorsed things,

And that's a good thing, a real good thing, Zone.jpg.8de0f141e5e829daade936a8a5e57da7.jpg

except

maybe we should get the moderators tipsy and ask Them what They want, loosen them up, kill the bugs.

Then we can go back to yelling at stuff.

I switched to fallout 4, it was something I read here that triggered it.

I doubt I'll switch coffee cups to please some thread though.

Big Squishy Balls with tiny spikes, now that's an idea.

rant alert (sort of)

A few eager-to-please-types, would buy t-shirts, because the seller wants them to, and why not.

Uh, but it's likely the seller wouldn't buy a gross at a 35% discount, which-discount would be from an MSRP of (o, say, $5.00) and then silk-screen a design.

No, he'd contact the t-shirt logo company charging 10.00 a shirt, and for that you get a free logo, or a custom one for 12.00 extra.

so, say $25 a shirt, dropped shipped to every customer after they paid the agent-fee of course. A fee of (o, say 5.00) so 30.00 total.

Let's hope the seller is set up to pay taxes.

Coffee cups would be easier.

Friends of Loverslab living overseas and who know a reliable shipper might have less expensive ideas (I'm editing myself, how's *that* for paranoia),

but I still say an ugly coffee cup beats ugly clothes.

38 minutes ago, 2dk2c said:

We need better time-killing threads,

unless you were actually gonna start importing stuff from somewhere and just wanted specific things to order.

People talk in hushed tones about being well behaved, in the proper setting, discussing well-endorsed things,

And that's a good thing, a real good thing, Zone.jpg.8de0f141e5e829daade936a8a5e57da7.jpg

except

maybe we should get the moderators tipsy and ask Them what They want, loosen them up, kill the bugs.

Then we can go back to yelling at stuff.

I switched to fallout 4, it was something I read here that triggered it.

I doubt I'll switch coffee cups to please some thread though.

Big Squishy Balls with tiny spikes, now that's an idea.

rant alert (sort of)

A few eager-to-please-types, would buy t-shirts, because the seller wants them to, and why not.

Uh, but it's likely the seller wouldn't buy a gross at a 35% discount, which-discount would be from an MSRP of (o, say, $5.00) and then silk-screen a design.

No, he'd contact the t-shirt logo company charging 10.00 a shirt, and for that you get a free logo, or a custom one for 12.00 extra.

so, say $25 a shirt, dropped shipped to every customer after they paid the agent-fee of course. A fee of (o, say 5.00) so 30.00 total.

Let's hope the seller is set up to pay taxes.

Coffee cups would be easier.

Friends of Loverslab living overseas and who know a reliable shipper might have less expensive ideas (I'm editing myself, how's *that* for paranoia),

but I still say an ugly coffee cup beats ugly clothes.

Beauty may be skin deep but ugly goes to the bone. - Fred Sanford (of Sanford and Son)

23 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Fuck that nonsense about not drawing attention to the site! I would proudly tell people about LL (and I do!) and use/wear it's products- so long as they had a cool logo and snazzy catch line like "LoversLab- The Adult Gamer's Playground!" or maybe "LoverLab- So Damn Good You'll Need to Change Your Underwear!".  Or how about "LoverLab- We Fucked Our Way to the TOP!!":classic_tongue:

Hmm those are all good.  All I could come up with is "Maximizing individual liberty and minimizing statist incursions through a robust deployment of the non aggression principle"  with the logo being a porcupine humping a pile of money....well.... all i could plagiarize that is.  Thank you Game of Thrones Libertarian edition.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

Hmm those are all good.  All I could come up with is "Maximizing individual liberty and minimizing statist incursions through a robust deployment of the non aggression principle"  with the logo being a porcupine humping a pile of money....well.... all i could plagiarize that is.  Thank you Game of Thrones Libertarian edition.

I thought, "I can answer this, really I can"

No, I have to look dense Plus I AM dense, IRL because I'm so gd'd sick of made-up stuff.

Sleight of hand, all of it.

"Oh, look naked ladies" and rake in the advertising bucks.

"LOL, Chitbill (billiedovakin, yada whoever) Do you know how poor we are? Our kids eat skeevers every Tuesday so you can post........."

Oh, look, an investigation O look, a naughty lady O look, someone said a bad thing (More bucks)"

It doesn't really matter what the hell you do, say, believe in just "Don't rock the boat"

But if You, OP, wanted a liverslab coffee cup or trinket, and You wanted to make money off it, More power to you, and (depending upon when you hit me up)

I'd most certainly buy it. Because you're interesting, and are a welcome addition to any forum.

Everyone else,

Archived