7 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Is there a way for my character to wear a different set if items upon an AAF animation's activation? I know AAF doesn't do this automatically, but is there a way that I can do it manually? For eg. say my character is this before animation:   20200225112307_1.jpg.d94efcd0b5241e77ead74fe0c189c095.jpg

But during animation, she is this:

20200225112429_1.jpg.00e6fbc822e7c173de0e930f85aa9096.jpg

1-0 hotkeys don't seem to work during AAF animations. Is there some way to make this possible? 

Yes. You can use CustomEquipment to make phases of an equipment like this.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/customEquipment.md#!customequipment

27 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Yes. You can use CustomEquipment to make phases of an equipment like this.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/customEquipment.md#!customequipment

Whoa, I'm going to need a bit of hand-holding here. So there are at least 2 xml files that I need to create in the AAF folder, correct? The AAFCustomEquipment and EquipmentRules, right? AAFCustomEquipment defines what gear to equip under certain tags. What do I do with EquipmentRules?

If, for now, all I want is just, "If in an AAF animation, wear ItemA, else, wear ItemB", what would this section look like, for me?

<equipment itemTitle="Fancy Shirt">
    <state form="2FC39" stateTitle="On" tags=""/>
    <state form="2FC3B" stateTitle="Off" tags="belly_exposed"/>
    <state form="2FC3F" stateTitle="Unbuttoned" tags="belly_exposed"/>
    <state form="2FC40" stateTitle="Tied around Waist" tags="belly_exposed"/>
</equipment>

The customEquipment XML joins two or more equipments together so that they are treated like one (with phases) during AAF.

So, just start with that one for now. Make your own XML file and replace the state entries with form IDs for the two equipments you show. Give them different names, etc.

Then, you can test it out in game by wearing it during an animation. When you open the equipment manager from there ("/") that equipment should show up differently than normal ones (with some options for switching the state, etc.).

The equipmentRules part of it doesn't correlate exactly to what you want to do. Thats because its designed to be more granular than "change at the beginning of each animation". It responds to actions. So, if you make an action with a certain tag like "pinching_nipple_requires_shirt_off" you can also make an equipmentRule that removes a certain body slot whenever that tag is detected. So, it can cause different changes per animation, depending on the action it uses.

That also works on customEquipment. In other words, the equipmentRule applies to those equipments. But, instead of just removing the equipment entirely it looks to see if there is a phase that matches the tag and switches to that phase if possible.

So, AAF does do what you would like. But, it does require that information be sent from animations, etc. So, you would need to develop a plan/scheme for many parts to make it all work. Updating animation XML files, deciding which slots to use for which clothes types, etc.

5 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

The customEquipment XML joins two or more equipments together so that they are treated like one (with phases) during AAF.

So, just start with that one for now. Make your own XML file and replace the state entries with form IDs for the two equipments you show. Give them different names, etc.

Then, you can test it out in game by wearing it during an animation. When you open the equipment manager from there ("/") that equipment should show up differently than normal ones (with some options for switching the state, etc.).

The equipmentRules part of it doesn't correlate exactly to what you want to do. Thats because its designed to be more granular than "change at the beginning of each animation". It responds to actions. So, if you make an action with a certain tag like "pinching_nipple_requires_shirt_off" you can also make an equipmentRule that removes a certain body slot whenever that tag is detected. So, it can cause different changes per animation, depending on the action it uses.

That also works on customEquipment. In other words, the equipmentRule applies to those equipments. But, instead of just removing the equipment entirely it looks to see if there is a phase that matches the tag and switches to that phase if possible.

So, AAF does do what you would like. But, it does require that information be sent from animations, etc. So, you would need to develop a plan/scheme for many parts to make it all work. Updating animation XML files, deciding which slots to use for which clothes types, etc.

Ok, I'm going to play around with this by testing it through calling AAF animations manually. However, some mods that call AAF animations would completely hide the AAF interface. I could still issue commands by pressing the Home key and so on, but I'd have to do it blind. Is there a setting in the configuration that allows me to never hide the AAF interface even if the mod that calls it does?

Ok, am I doing this right? 

AAF_customEquipment.xml

Do I need to modify any other xml files to get them to recognise AAF_customEquipment?

Edit: The xml file is not correct. There are a few things I don't understand.

Should the formID be just the last 5 numbers, like "08A5A", or the full ID, like "09B008A5A"?

What should the values of stateTitle and tags be, if I just want a simple "in a sex animation" and "not in a sex animation"?

8 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Ok, I'm going to play around with this by testing it through calling AAF animations manually. However, some mods that call AAF animations would completely hide the AAF interface. I could still issue commands by pressing the Home key and so on, but I'd have to do it blind. Is there a setting in the configuration that allows me to never hide the AAF interface even if the mod that calls it does?

No. If a mod turns the UI off there isn't anything AAF can do about it.

Ok, am I doing this right? 

Looks ok in general. You should give it a unique file name though to avoid over-writing a generic one later.

Do I need to modify any other xml files to get them to recognise AAF_customEquipment?

No.

Should the formID be just the last 5 numbers, like "08A5A", or the full ID, like "09B008A5A"?

For an .esp the first two digits are just the load order of the mod. If the digits between that and the number are zeroes, AAF automatically puts those in if you leave them out (which is why you sometimes see short numbers in XML).

You can also just enter the entire number with the load order part (AAF just removes it).

In this case, you have a "B" right after the load order. So, you would need to include that to have the right number. Like: "B008A5A".

It's a little strange to have that number for a mod like this unless it has massive amounts of entries? There are ways to manually change the formID number. So, maybe they did that?

OR, is it an .esl?

.esl plugins use 3 digits for the load order instead of the 2. So, "09B" would then be the esl load order.

What should the values of stateTitle and tags be, if I just want a simple "in a sex animation" and "not in a sex animation"?

You can make up whatever you want for these. stateTitle appears in the UI as you switch around. The tag can be anything. But, as mentioned before it has to be referenced by other XML in order to become relevant.

I will consider adding a node type to equipmentSets that allow you to switch clothes in a bodyslot to a specific tag if/when they are customEquipment with phases tagged that way. This would work closer to what you are trying to do.

But, in the meantime, it's all pointless if you can't get the customEquipment part working.

I was wrong about the formID, I got the right ones now. There are only zeroes between the load order and the number.

The only values that need to correspond to actual items are

source, which is VtawWardrobe5.esp

state form, which are 008A5A and 001FD5

Correct?

If I have the above information right in the xml, I should be able to see it in the equipment management when I press "\", correct?

Is it a very recent feature? I'm using 110.0 Beta

AAF_customEquipmentTop2.xml

4 hours ago, Tanglin said:

I was wrong about the formID, I got the right ones now. There are only zeroes between the load order and the number.

The only values that need to correspond to actual items are

source, which is VtawWardrobe5.esp

state form, which are 008A5A and 001FD5

Correct?

If I have the above information right in the xml, I should be able to see it in the equipment management when I press "\", correct?

Is it a very recent feature? I'm using 110.0 Beta

AAF_customEquipmentTop2.xml 315 B · 0 downloads

That is correct.

Yes. It is a new feature. You need 114.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

That is correct.

Yes. It is a new feature. You need 114.

Ok, I've installed 114 and I can switch the outfits in equipment manager. So the customEquipment part is working now.

However, most outfit mods have a default colour for an outfit but allow users to change its colour on the workbench. The customequipment feature seems to recognise only the default colour. I can switch between the two items, but they are in their default colour. Is there anything I can do about it?

Also, since so many mods that call AAF hide the interface, I need my character to automatically switch outfit when in an AAf animation. What do I do to make that happen?

1 hour ago, Tanglin said:

However, most outfit mods have a default colour for an outfit but allow users to change its colour on the workbench. The customequipment feature seems to recognise only the default colour. I can switch between the two items, but they are in their default colour. Is there anything I can do about it?

I'd have to research how that works to see if it's possible to detect the color setting and re-apply it.

1 hour ago, Tanglin said:

Also, since so many mods that call AAF hide the interface, I need my character to automatically switch outfit when in an AAf animation. What do I do to make that happen?

You could make a general "isAnimating" action and put it into the XML for every animation that you want to have this effect. Then, make the series of XML files outlined above that would listen for that action.

Doing that would cause clothes in specific body slots to switch stages at animation start (if they have stages). So, you might need to alter which bodyslots these items use to have a consistent strategy (unless the mod author already set that up in a well organized way).

2 hours ago, val21 said:

Hello, is it normal that there's no "green list" on my left when I start a new game ? (as shows in the tutorial thread) ? I follow the instructions but i never see it... And the Home button does nothing

Does not use the green list menu any more. To your right upper corner there is a % counter..Usually starts at 20%, 60%, then goes dark. Only then can you push the Home Key to bring up your AAF menu...If it reads any other numbers, your AAF setup is wrong and then the researchng posts and testing starts..

I'm tired of this, I literally can't play anymore as I can't even save. I'm sure it's something related to AAF, but I can't tell why... And I hope that someone in there can help me to solve this definitively.

I've downloaded pretty much all the mods related to AAF, including some of the RSE and I didn't had issues until I've reached the 45 hours or so.

I've just downloaded some "missing" mods which I wasn't interested in hoping that it would solve it, but nothing changed.

I still keep crashing on save. Except on the "run" that I use to test the mods, which is at less than 5 hours. That's the only one where I can save without crashing.

Here's the papyrus log of the last CTD, I really really hope you can help me..

Papyrus.0.log

6 hours ago, Verasmile2 said:

I'm tired of this, I literally can't play anymore as I can't even save. I'm sure it's something related to AAF, but I can't tell why... And I hope that someone in there can help me to solve this definitively.

I've downloaded pretty much all the mods related to AAF, including some of the RSE and I didn't had issues until I've reached the 45 hours or so.

I've just downloaded some "missing" mods which I wasn't interested in hoping that it would solve it, but nothing changed.

I still keep crashing on save. Except on the "run" that I use to test the mods, which is at less than 5 hours. That's the only one where I can save without crashing.

Papyrus.0.log 109.01 kB · 0 downloads

It is not AAF..........What you have is probably a corrupted save. :rage:Get used to it. Known Bethnet game issue. Can happen anytime, anyplace. It could have happened 10 saves ago and did not sprout till now. Bottom line, you either try to clean the save ( I have no idea ), delete last saves till you might find a save before the corruption. Dump current game and restart ( gee, the new game works, duh! ):angel: I would try to reload older saves hoping to get in front of damage to current game. Might lose a few hours of gameplay, but might save a bunch of early effort.  Also, do not quicksave, disable any autosaves in settings. Always manual save only..:cool:

On 2/26/2020 at 4:20 PM, dagobaking said:

You could make a general "isAnimating" action and put it into the XML for every animation that you want to have this effect. Then, make the series of XML files outlined above that would listen for that action.

Doing that would cause clothes in specific body slots to switch stages at animation start (if they have stages). So, you might need to alter which bodyslots these items use to have a consistent strategy (unless the mod author already set that up in a well organized way).

This is too complex for me. I'd need a working template to understand how it works, but that's okay if there isn't any, as manually switching the outfits through the equipment manager is fine for now. I really hope there is a way that I could reverse the hiding of the interface by mods, though. The interface is good, so why do mods hide it?

Anyway, having played around with it, I've observed some bugs. I did not do a clean save, though, but for what it's worth, these are my observations:

The two items I am switching are "Top 2" and "Top 2 V3", and both take up the A (Torso) slot.

If I set my equipmentData to remove the item in the A (Torso) slot and then run an AAF animation, it works as expected: the top is removed, and I can manually switch between Top 2 and Top 2 V3, albeit the colour is changed to the default one.

But if I set my equipmentData to not remove the item in the A (Torso) slot, then it gets wonky. The top (in the non-default colour) stays on after I start an AAF animation, and I can switch between the two tops, and doing so changes the colour to the default one. But the weird part is when AAF then adds a new Top 2 into my inventory and removes Top 2 V3 from it and doesn't reequip the character after ending the animation.

I'm working around this by simply using the default colour all the time.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I now have a new way of playing with AAF!

6 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Your log doesn't show anything that would be helpful.  It looks like you removed some mods at some point that have left stuff in the save, but there's not much to be done about that now.

You might try the "double load" method that sometimes stops CTDs on save.  Load the save, open the console, and issue the commands prid 14 followed by kill.  You will immediately die and the game will reload after the death animation.  Then, save the game (to a new save slot of course) and hopefully it won't CTD this time.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Your log doesn't show anything that would be helpful.  It looks like you removed some mods at some point that have left stuff in the save, but there's not much to be done about that now.

You might try the "double load" method that sometimes stops CTDs on save.  Load the save, open the console, and issue the commands prid 14 followed by kill.  You will immediately die and the game will reload after the death animation.  Then, save the game (to a new save slot of course) and hopefully it won't CTD this time.

Wrong guy.......you wanted Verasmile..              I with the whole corrupt save theory, that might be his issue.

13 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

It is not AAF..........What you have is probably a corrupted save. :rage:Get used to it. Known Bethnet game issue. Can happen anytime, anyplace. It could have happened 10 saves ago and did not sprout till now. Bottom line, you either try to clean the save ( I have no idea ), delete last saves till you might find a save before the corruption. Dump current game and restart ( gee, the new game works, duh! ):angel: I would try to reload older saves hoping to get in front of damage to current game. Might lose a few hours of gameplay, but might save a bunch of early effort.  Also, do not quicksave, disable any autosaves in settings. Always manual save only..:cool:

I've restarted 3 times already, and this kind of issue came out always after those 45 hours or so. Without any warning. I guess I'll stop quicksaving, I've already disabled the autosave that happened every 10 minutes. I just have to look for a save that works. I'll try to clean one of the latest, as the last time it worked (when my internet connection disappeared and the save worked, I was on that save freshly cleaned).

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

No way, this time I never opened those saves with a removed mod. I did it on the previous 2 which got corrupted, and used another save to test the mods...

But I guess I can try the double load, and hope it works. But instead of using the console, may a grenade (or anything else) work the same way?

6 hours ago, VonHelton said:

About 10 posts back, I said I'd sit back & wait until you were ready to listen. Are you ready now?

Do you have any idea of why this keeps happening?

10 hours ago, Tanglin said:

The interface is good, so why do mods hide it?

I'm not sure. I don't test the other mods enough to know the contexts. I guess maybe they want it to feel like the game is taking over controls?

There are some contexts where AAF UI gets turned off even by the vanilla game engine (like when inside PA). Maybe these other mods are turning off vanilla controls to avoid their scene being interrupted and it just turns off portions of the flash (where AAF is) as a side effect.

But the weird part is when AAF then adds a new Top 2 into my inventory and removes Top 2 V3 from it and doesn't reequip the character after ending the animation.

Re-equipping can be made to be a bit more consistent by using the new re-equip code ("resetAll"): https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/equipmentSet.md#!equipmentset

I think most XML code around is still using the old method.

I'm working around this by simply using the default colour all the time.

Thats the only solution for the color matter at this time.