Hey all, I've been trying to get AAF to load up in MO2 in a new game (haven't modded FO4 before so bear that in mind). Followed the guide step by step and been reading and looking for answers but haven't had any luck with actually getting AAF to boot at the start of the game (i.e. character creation ends, just starts normally without the "AAF installed" pop up. Run the debugger, I get this:

image.png.7eaeae89847ca899fe0817261581c8e4.png

I think the problem is the "None activated" under the "Modifications" section, but I can't find a good answer for that. I don't know if it has to do with the ini script edits or if it's a quirk of MO2 and the problem is something else or what. Anyone dealt with this before or have any ideas? I really hate asking for help with this stuff, normally I just google and read and tweak until it works but I don't have a ton of time these days to work on it which makes it harder. Thanks.

Alright, thanks... this is what I'm getting now after Mod Organizer runs the debugger: 

image.png.b57a96c61ff8f4c69580ddd5d6a2cc6d.png

So yeah, a ton more problems but I have no idea what to do about them. What am I doing wrong with this set up?

EDIT: I followed the FS4E instructions as provided by their website, just put directly into the Data file and not installed by mod organizer (I also tried that without success). Why is everything missing, including installed game files, when it's run from within MO2?

On 8/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, maddadicusrex said:

I would sometimes have my camera lock up if there were more than 1 animation scene going on at one time, depending on when they each triggered. Have you tried loading an earlier save to see if it fixes itself.  Some time ago, when this happened to me, someone gave me a camera fix file that sorted it out . I have not found it but maybe someone else has it.

Woohoo.I solved it. Turn out the cause is because I'm using older version of F4SE that is not compatible with latest version of AFF . I just updated F4SE to ver 1.10.138 and the camera is worked now.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:41 PM, dagobaking said:

Another body option for someone with time and some app knowledge is to bring bodies in from Daz3D. It's quite a bit of work. But, the quality and range of morphs available is really good.

Disclaimer: You can't publicly share bodies you make from Daz. But, at least from what I've read, you can use them for private use as long as you have the right license. Double check that before moving forward as I'm just going by second hand information myself.

For outfits and is a bit outdated now. But, this gives a rough idea about how to do it:

Another body option I stumbled onto by accident is Wonder Body on Nexus. It says it needs Unique Player and Followers, but it does not..I am using it without and my special vanilla clothing mod works with it. CBP works with it as well as AAF and all affiliated mods. No Bodyslide used ,so variables to the body are restricted to triangle adjustment, but looks nice if folks are looking for a real look vanilla body..

41 minutes ago, chuBBies1 said:

I have a question. Are there limits on how many poses or animations can be installed at one time, like Skyrim? I'm only asking since I've been too cautious when it comes to downloading animation packs.

I have Savage Cabbage, BP70, Atomic Lust, Mutated Lust, Vader, Creature Pack, Shades of Grey, Ferralls, Lesbian Poses...Get the idea, no limits, yet...?

7 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Another body option I stumbled onto by accident is Wonder Body on Nexus. It says it needs Unique Player and Followers, but it does not..I am using it without and my special vanilla clothing mod works with it. CBP works with it as well as AAF and all affiliated mods. No Bodyslide used ,so variables to the body are restricted to triangle adjustment, but looks nice if folks are looking for a real look vanilla body..

Yes. WB is really high quality. Unfortunately, the author disappeared. So, permissions to expand, etc. have been an issue for it.

2 hours ago, chuBBies1 said:

I have a question. Are there limits on how many poses or animations can be installed at one time, like Skyrim? I'm only asking since I've been too cautious when it comes to downloading animation packs.

Theoretically, something could give at some eventual number. But, no limit is currently known.

11 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Yes. WB is really high quality. Unfortunately, the author disappeared. So, permissions to expand, etc. have been an issue for it.

Theoretically, something could give at some eventual number. But, no limit is currently known.

I thought about that, but if you click on his name, he is still current on Nexus, as you can see his activity. But it has been 3 years plus. So talented and yet, willing to give it up, granted modding will not make you rich (except maybe, you?)..

42 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I thought about that, but if you click on his name, he is still current on Nexus, as you can see his activity. But it has been 3 years plus. So talented and yet, willing to give it up

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they have now been asked many times to come back. Maybe they stopped for some practical reason (job, etc.) or mod users pissed them off. Happens. There was some acrimony over their decision to not make it bodyslide friendly.

42 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

granted modding will not make you rich (except maybe, you?)..

hah. I wish.

3 hours ago, PCGameFanatic said:

I updated to the latest version of AAF and now TFC no longer works, any ideas?

Make sure you have the other requirements updated to the newest version as well. That is the first thing I would do under this circumstances. 

Then if that doesn't work report back. Or interact over on the AAF discord server for live support. ;)

I'd like to know if it'd ever be possible for AAF to define the player's gender manually, as I'm still stuck with a female PC that AAF thinks is a male, in spite of any sort of correction of the error. It also seems to reverse the sub/dom positions if I attempt any adjustments too, so if there's any way to change that manually to, that'd be helpful.

I'm pretty sure that is a function of the animation XML that you are using. If it omits gender role data, you will end up with unpredictable results.

You may need to re-install the animation packs with different selections in the FOMOD. Or, look at more updated XML (ie. the one patch).

50 minutes ago, impmontezuma said:

Hello, I have a problem with Heather Casdin (the mod companion from nexus). Her animation doesn't change when I press Page Down, it just changes the animation of the player. It only happens with her. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

I have used her and she has AAF sex pretty much like everyone else...

25 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Never heard of that. There may be some custom script running on that mod that affects animation?

Not sure, the zip file has only ba2 e esp files. How can I confirm if there's scripts in it?

16 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I have used her and she has AAF sex pretty much like everyone else...

Yeah, I'm aware that this is not a common problem.

Hey man. I downloaded AAF-GFV and after a lot of frustration got it to work, sort of. But all the categories, except for the exec, say work in progress, and give no information. So why even suggest this thing. And yes, I downloaded it from your discord. It seems like every attempt I make to find information on AAF and submods, or to get help, just leads into a brick wall. Frustration I never felt with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim SE or either of the Fallout 3s. Looking it over some more, I'm not really sure it's set up in MO2 to point to the proper folder. I have it set to look in the main FAllout folder for AAF-GFV, and in my Mod folder in the Fallout 4 folder for everything else (where I install my MO2 mods to). But somehow it is not catching those mods. I don't know where else to point it. Any suggestions?