Crossposting my issue from the AAF installation thread at maddadicusrex's suggestion.

I'm starting with a clean installation of FO4, and for whatever reason I cannot get AAF to start. At the moment I've installed nothing but the game itself, the F4SE, and the AAF 90.1. I've set up my Fallout4Custom.ini, and I can see upon starting a new game that the F4SE is running, but AAF never initializes. The AAF and F4SE are both installed through MO2 at the moment, and I've had the exact same result previously using the NMM.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why it might not be working, because I'm completely at wit's end at this point.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a BIG DUMB IDIOT who didn't realize that MO2 creates it's own set of .ini's rather than using the ones created in My Games/Fallout 4.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:00 PM, darkon74slayer said:

Anyone know what could be causing this error?

20190805203325_1.jpg

Not sure ,but looks like Savage Cabbage issue. Are you using the Bang Them All Patch? Did you change any values or lines in the Savage Cabbage mod to fix an earlier AAF compatibility problem? Are you using any other patch that might be outdated, not supported and basically replaced by now? What animation packs are you using?

5 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Not sure about removed, but how about "not supported"??

what does not supported mean in game terms.  I have spent literally days, working with outfit studio, and dozens of mods, to get armor and clothing to what I want.  the only vanilla clothing I have in my game is suits.  

So, if this means I have to redo all the work I have put into this... I will be VERY unhappy

Not sure why having the vagina open, which can barely be seen in animations, is the main focus.  How about so face animations to go with the sound.  Now that would actually be visible during animations.

Flame over

8 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

I heard that support for the CBBE body and EVA, is going to be removed from AAF, is this true? 

I do not like the male body in body talk, and I can not get fusion body to look good.  as there always seem to be holes around the hips I can see thru.

2 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

what does not supported mean in game terms.  I have spent literally days, working with outfit studio, and dozens of mods, to get armor and clothing to what I want.  the only vanilla clothing I have in my game is suits.  

So, if this means I have to redo all the work I have put into this... I will be VERY unhappy

Not sure why having the vagina open, which can barely be seen in animations, is the main focus.  How about so face animations to go with the sound.  Now that would actually be visible during animations.

Flame over

AAF is and always will be content neutral. So, it can be used with any body installed that you want. That said, there are various special features that bodies have or dont have that rely on specific configurations in XML files (that are part of patches, come with animation packs, themes, etc). Whether or not the authors of those XML files are up to accommodating a specific bodies needs to make its features work is entirely up to them. So, if you are concerned about future body support, that should be directed more toward the authors that may be making that decision (rather than AAF).

BT2 has a penis rigged to the skeleton. So, animations can directly control that part of the body which allows, imo, far better quality adult animations. While a non-rigged body could technically still work with those animations it probably won't look right since the penis would be frozen at one angle.

FWIW, if you zero out the sliders for BT2, you essentially have EVB with a rigged penis. So, I'm not sure why you would prefer to have EVB without a rigged penis instead.

So I've been having an issue where male npcs (human/ghoul/even feral) are getting stuck with boners.  Before an animation plays they are flaccid as expected but afterwards they dont lose the boner, i assumed this would be a morph issue but then i noticed my pc and the npc in question don't redress (male or female) afterwards, then i also noticed that even though the animation is finished and i have control of my PC again, in the AAF info window the animation is stuck on "unjoining" which i guess would explain my symptoms, as far AAF is concerned the animation hasn't ended yet. 

I havent seen anyone else mentioning this so it will be on my end just not sure what what would be stopping the animation from ending, I'm using AAF 90.1 beta, bodytalk and the AIO patch, I've reinstalled the AIO several times, tried rolling back to an older version of AAF and still the same, any ideas would be appreciated.

I've attached a log, i have shit ton of errors lol but nothing that i could see regarding AAF (not that i know what im looking at)

Papyrus.0.log

There are a bunch of animation errors in there from the script of some other mod. My guess is that is bogging up something AAF tries to call in order to close an animation.

You can probably figure out what the problem is by disabling mods one by one and testing each time.

56 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

There are a bunch of animation errors in there from the script of some other mod. My guess is that is bogging up something AAF tries to call in order to close an animation.

You can probably figure out what the problem is by disabling mods one by one and testing each time.

1 hour ago, Evilhomer said:

So I've been having an issue where male npcs (human/ghoul/even feral) are getting stuck with boners.  Before an animation plays they are flaccid as expected but afterwards they dont lose the boner, i assumed this would be a morph issue but then i noticed my pc and the npc in question don't redress (male or female) afterwards, then i also noticed that even though the animation is finished and i have control of my PC again, in the AAF info window the animation is stuck on "unjoining" which i guess would explain my symptoms, as far AAF is concerned the animation hasn't ended yet. 

I havent seen anyone else mentioning this so it will be on my end just not sure what what would be stopping the animation from ending, I'm using AAF 90.1 beta, bodytalk and the AIO patch, I've reinstalled the AIO several times, tried rolling back to an older version of AAF and still the same, any ideas would be appreciated.

I've attached a log, i have shit ton of errors lol but nothing that i could see regarding AAF (not that i know what im looking at)

Papyrus.0.log 1.97 MB · 1 download

Do you have a mod SOEPack?  What would SOE be?

7 hours ago, reconphil said:

Do you have a mod SOEPack?  What would SOE be?

Yeah SOE is the settlement object expanded mod, just a bunch of new build stuff, which i have had installed for a long time and ive never had any issue with AAF before, this has only started since i moved over to the AIO patch, might have to switch back to the old patches see what happens.

So i figured it out, it was actually a combination of the themes mod and me being an idiot lol.  Currently themes installs an AAF_stats.esm even if you say you dont want the stats part of the mod, so i just deleted it, decided to put it back in just to check and bingo, animations are ending correctly, clothes are being put back on and boners are subsiding again ?

1 hour ago, Evilhomer said:

So i figured it out, it was actually a combination of the themes mod and me being an idiot lol.  Currently themes installs an AAF_stats.esm even if you say you dont want the stats part of the mod, so i just deleted it, decided to put it back in just to check and bingo, animations are ending correctly, clothes are being put back on and boners are subsiding again ?

No it doesn't, it was fixed that day and there has been another update since :)

14 hours ago, dagobaking said:

AAF is and always will be content neutral. So, it can be used with any body installed that you want. That said, there are various special features that bodies have or dont have that rely on specific configurations in XML files (that are part of patches, come with animation packs, themes, etc). Whether or not the authors of those XML files are up to accommodating a specific bodies needs to make its features work is entirely up to them. So, if you are concerned about future body support, that should be directed more toward the authors that may be making that decision (rather than AAF).

BT2 has a penis rigged to the skeleton. So, animations can directly control that part of the body which allows, imo, far better quality adult animations. While a non-rigged body could technically still work with those animations it probably won't look right since the penis would be frozen at one angle.

FWIW, if you zero out the sliders for BT2, you essentially have EVB with a rigged penis. So, I'm not sure why you would prefer to have EVB without a rigged penis instead.

so if I zero out the sliders in BT2 i don't need to get all the male bodyslide files for in game cloting?

cause that was one of the reasons I didn't want to use BT2 I have a hard enough time getting clothing that has bodyslide for CBBE.

20 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I was unable to get bodytalk to work, ie no erection during animations when i last tried bodytalk in March or april.  There have been no updates to the mod since I tried it, and the mod creator says it works.  Uninstalling it and installing EVA, worked first try, and I have special textures for EVB that I got from a nexus mod that worked with EVA no problems.  That is why I am using EVA.

Also not using fusion body, because there is no bodyslide support, at least back when i last tried it.  I assume this means I can not use bodyslide to copy the bone weights to outfits.  there are holes in the nude body around the hips that I can see thru.  Anything that stops me from being able to use all the features of  Bodyslide/outfit studio is not usable in my opinion.  

Not saying this to complain, saying this to give reasons why support for CBBE and EVA and bodyslide need to be part of LL sex mods development.

7 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

so if I zero out the sliders in BT2 i don't need to get all the male bodyslide files for in game cloting?

cause that was one of the reasons I didn't want to use BT2 I have a hard enough time getting clothing that has bodyslide for CBBE.

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to do. But, I believe a goal for EVB was to match the vanilla proportions so that the vanilla outfits would look right with that body.

So, if you are just zeroing down to the EVB shape with BT2, it doesn't seem like you should have to do anything else with the clothes.

25 minutes ago, Arcturus7777 said:

I was unable to get bodytalk to work, ie no erection during animations when i last tried bodytalk in March or april.  There have been no updates to the mod since I tried it, and the mod creator says it works.

The updates that are relevent to that issue are not with the body but with the XML files (from animation packs, patches, etc.). Many updates have been made to those since March/April. I believe it's a lot more streamlined and reliable now.

Uninstalling it and installing EVA, worked first try, and I have special textures for EVB that I got from a nexus mod that worked with EVA no problems.  That is why I am using EVA.

I'm not 100% sure about this. But, I think the UV for BT2 is the same as EVB, meaning that those textures should work too. You might need to do some photoshop work to include the texture for the areas added to BT2.

Also not using fusion body, because there is no bodyslide support, at least back when i last tried it.  I assume this means I can not use bodyslide to copy the bone weights to outfits.  there are holes in the nude body around the hips that I can see thru.  Anything that stops me from being able to use all the features of  Bodyslide/outfit studio is not usable in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that Fusion Body has had bodyslide support from the beginning? Even if it didn't have files in place for bodyslide sliders, etc. you would still be able to copy bone weights from the mesh.

Not saying this to complain, saying this to give reasons why support for CBBE and EVA and bodyslide need to be part of LL sex mods development.

I hear you. But, I think the reasons you give may not actually be true points.

New Update:

## [Beta 92] - 2019-8-9
### Fixed
- morphSet XML loadPriority not working.

## [Beta 91] - 2019-8-3
### Fixed
- condition node checks were case sensitive (now they are not).
- position XML loadPriority not working.

### Added
- Ability to omit voiceType information in topic XML. (Gives additional options for assigning voices / dialogue within the CK).

### Changed
- animationMeta interpretation so that it ignores empty value (and tag) lists.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304

On 8/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, GoldenRain said:

The hardest part of switching to Fusion Girl is going through the different sliders, trying to find the body my PC had before hand.  Not an easy task.

I feel like the hardest part of switching to fusion is waiting for TheKite/N mods to be converted.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, SirSubeedo said:

I feel like the hardest part of switching to fusion is waiting for TheKite/N mods to be converted.

Are those clothing mods?  If so converting isn't hard it's just time consuming.  I use 'CBBE to Fusion Girl Bodlslide Conversion Reference'  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380

Spoiler
On 8/11/2019 at 11:03 PM, maddadicusrex said:

Look at a preset called Fission Girl from Nexus..You might like it.

Almost the same body I had made except this one is beefy'er .  If you are using it put the in game body slider to no fat 50/50 muscle/thin and take a few screen shots for me :) 

58 minutes ago, GoldenRain said:

Reveal hidden contents

Are those clothing mods?  If so converting isn't hard it's just time consuming.  I use 'CBBE to Fusion Girl Bodlslide Conversion Reference'  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380

Hide contents

Almost the same body I had made except this one is beefy'er .  If you are using it put the in game body slider to no fat 50/50 muscle/thin and take a few screen shots for me :) 

Fission Girl is my favorite body of choice, but alas, for now, I am using Busty Grrl because several new mods I am trying out beg for vanilla assets.

Spoiler
31 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Fission Girl is my favorite body of choice, but alas, for now, I am using Busty Grrl because several new mods I am trying out beg for vanilla assets.

My fav body is BetterBodyPhysics ... All that giggle while not clothed.  Crossing my fingers that Fusion Girl gets to that point

17 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Update:

## [Beta 93] - 2019-8-14
### Changed
- LLFP version to v34
- Re-enabled max_array_size setting which relied on fix in LLFP v34.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31304

I have a question I haven't seen this in the discussion... recently I updated Advanced Needs and Pack Attack, NPC and because FPE began posting "Family Planning Unable to Find ForePlay" I reinstalled ForePlay, even though Egoballistic said it shouldn't be and that phrase isn't in the code.  Now the question/problem; AAF works in most gameplay like CSA, Shennanigans, etc., but if I hit enter, no matter how near I am to any or all NPC's it shows no one to select and says it found no one if I try to select (just hitting the Pgdn),  This is the first time this has happened though I've had these same mods installed for a while.  At the time AAF ver was 92b.  I haven't tried 93b yet.