35 minutes ago, BrotherofCats said:

Hey man. I downloaded AAF-GFV and after a lot of frustration got it to work, sort of. But all the categories, except for the exec, say work in progress, and give no information. So why even suggest this thing. And yes, I downloaded it from your discord. It seems like every attempt I make to find information on AAF and submods, or to get help, just leads into a brick wall. Frustration I never felt with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim SE or either of the Fallout 3s. Looking it over some more, I'm not really sure it's set up in MO2 to point to the proper folder. I have it set to look in the main FAllout folder for AAF-GFV, and in my Mod folder in the Fallout 4 folder for everything else (where I install my MO2 mods to). But somehow it is not catching those mods. I don't know where else to point it. Any suggestions?

I put it in my Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 folder.  In MO2 I opened the Executables (Modify Executables) and added it that way.  It works fine.  There are a some things that say Work in progress but it is useful to verify F4SE, Downloadable Content, Modifications, and part of AAF, like Version, Data Files, and Debug Mode.  It also helps with the ESM priorities.

Well, I put it in my SteamLibrary\Steamapps\common\Fallout 4 folder also, and installed it through MO2, just like I did FOSE, FO4Edit, FO4EditQuickClean, FO4EditESLConverter, Loot, Wry Bash, Mator Smash, and several others, all of which work perfectly. But AAF-GFV is not working properly, and I'm not sure why. There is a box for where to look for the files, and I'm not sure where to point that, since pointing it at the actual mod files doesn't seem to work.

55 minutes ago, BrotherofCats said:

Well, I put it in my SteamLibrary\Steamapps\common\Fallout 4 folder also, and installed it through MO2, just like I did FOSE, FO4Edit, FO4EditQuickClean, FO4EditESLConverter, Loot, Wry Bash, Mator Smash, and several others, all of which work perfectly. But AAF-GFV is not working properly, and I'm not sure why. There is a box for where to look for the files, and I'm not sure where to point that, since pointing it at the actual mod files doesn't seem to work.

I'm not sure, I put the E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\AAF_GFV.EXE file in the folder explained above.  I set it up in the Executables and run it through MO2 and it works.  What is FO4EditESLConverter?

8 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

Hey man. I downloaded AAF-GFV and after a lot of frustration got it to work, sort of. But all the categories, except for the exec, say work in progress, and give no information. So why even suggest this thing. And yes, I downloaded it from your discord. It seems like every attempt I make to find information on AAF and submods, or to get help, just leads into a brick wall. Frustration I never felt with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim SE or either of the Fallout 3s. Looking it over some more, I'm not really sure it's set up in MO2 to point to the proper folder. I have it set to look in the main FAllout folder for AAF-GFV, and in my Mod folder in the Fallout 4 folder for everything else (where I install my MO2 mods to). But somehow it is not catching those mods. I don't know where else to point it. Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to read more closely and follow instructions. You never showed anyone your GFV screen. Your load order is a disaster that you need to take responsibility for (ie get AAF working without your other mods first, then figure out what else you broke on your own later). You asked questions that are answered in AAF's main documentation and lectured us about good instructions being unavailable.

Instructions don't work when you don't actually read them and I will not be tricked into writing custom docs for you here because you show up pulling your hair out.

9 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

i can't be more clear than "Work in Progress" but i could have left unfinished functions blank what is more confusing in my opinion.
i can't make them invisible either due to how i constructed the Ui and with real life having a higher priority some things will just take time.
With the majority of the functions - that we consider mandatory for troubleshooting - working i don't feel like stressing myself either.

So why not use what's there and make the best of it? Afterall we make this stuff in our free time to offer as much help as possible.

35 minutes ago, impmontezuma said:

I still don't know why that happened, but I fixed it... by starting a new game... unfortunately :( 

Bottom line, if you sneeze while you are playing any Bethnet game, expect a corrupt save, wrecking your current game. Cannot avoid it. I actually have 3 games running at a time, sometimes over the same ground, just to not start over. But I do anyway, because I am that nuts!?

On 8/28/2019 at 3:07 AM, CGi said:

i can't be more clear than "Work in Progress" but i could have left unfinished functions blank what is more confusing in my opinion.
i can't make them invisible either due to how i constructed the Ui and with real life having a higher priority some things will just take time.
With the majority of the functions - that we consider mandatory for troubleshooting - working i don't feel like stressing myself either.

So why not use what's there and make the best of it? Afterall we make this stuff in our free time to offer as much help as possible.

It is not even finding the DLC even though they are in the data file, much less all of my mods. I put it in the Fallout 4 main folder and set it to run in MO2, but something just isn't right. I think it one of the paths in mod organizer (not the binary, the other one) and I can find nothing on the net that spells out exactly how to path it. Without that information it is running, but not looking at what I need it to look at.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:36 AM, dagobaking said:

My suggestion is to read more closely and follow instructions. You never showed anyone your GFV screen. Your load order is a disaster that you need to take responsibility for (ie get AAF working without your other mods first, then figure out what else you broke on your own later). You asked questions that are answered in AAF's main documentation and lectured us about good instructions being unavailable.

Instructions don't work when you don't actually read them and I will not be tricked into writing custom docs for you here because you show up pulling your hair out.

I did read the instructions. I have three college degrees, so I think I have good reading ability and comprehension. However, I grew up in a time when computers used punch cards, and some of the workings seem counter intuitive to me. Sorry for being from a different era. And at the time I was asked to show the GFV screen, there was no screen to show. I only got that part working later. As far as the load order being a disaster, every other mod I have is working as far as I know. Only AAF and its associated mods are doing their job.

2 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

I think it one of the paths in mod organizer (not the binary, the other one) and I can find nothing on the net that spells out exactly how to path it. Without that information it is running, but not looking at what I need it to look at.

It has to point to the executable inside the game's folder, I don't think there's more to do. Like this:

MO.jpg

4 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

I did read the instructions.

If you did, you then immediately forgot them because questions you asked in discord are answered by them.

4 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

As far as the load order being a disaster, every other mod I have is working as far as I know. Only AAF and its associated mods are doing their job.

I'm glad that you have confidence in your load order. I don't. So, install AAF without your other mods and get it working first. Then install away.

Started up my game this AM and AAF was dead. I reinstalled AAF and One Patch...AAF worked a bit, then reloaded a save, and got "AAF error 74, Save Corrupted, Will have to start new game". Went to another game, same. Since when is AAF that intrusive that it can blow out 4 games I had going on..

I did download this mod and it needs to be looked at. Everytime I downloaded this mod, AAF would go dead, no home key, nada. After I disabled this mod, the AAF error 74 would show up on all game saves. When I reinstalled AAF, everything went back to normal. This mod seems to be an AAF killer...

MTM CBP Physics Preset - CBBE - Fusion Girl - Wonder Body - Enhanced Vanilla Bodies - JaneBod Extended - Vanilla

18 hours ago, A.J. said:

It has to point to the executable inside the game's folder, I don't think there's more to do. Like this:

<snip>

Linking DCU in MO2 is pointless as it'll/should refuse to remove all installed mods when run from MO. :P

21 hours ago, BrotherofCats said:

It is not even finding the DLC even though they are in the data file, much less all of my mods. I put it in the Fallout 4 main folder and set it to run in MO2, but something just isn't right. I think it one of the paths in mod organizer (not the binary, the other one) and I can find nothing on the net that spells out exactly how to path it. Without that information it is running, but not looking at what I need it to look at.

GFV needs no WorkingPath/Startin so what A.J. posted is how GFV should be added to MO2.

Aside from that: The official DLC's are (usually) not installed via MO2 but directly into the games data folder so if they are there GFV would find them.

59 minutes ago, CGi said:

Linking DCU in MO2 is pointless as it'll/should refuse to remove all installed mods when run from MO. :P

It's probably there since the days of the first GFV and DCU versions, when I still had to assimilate the acronymous... it's not intended :)

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I did download this mod and it needs to be looked at. Everytime I downloaded this mod, AAF would go dead, no home key, nada. After I disabled this mod, the AAF error 74 would show up on all game saves. When I reinstalled AAF, everything went back to normal. This mod seems to be an AAF killer...

MTM CBP Physics Preset - CBBE - Fusion Girl - Wonder Body - Enhanced Vanilla Bodies - JaneBod Extended - Vanilla

That's not even a mod, it's an ini file, a text file with a bunch of letters. I can't think to a reason why this should happen... I even use it and modified it to my heart's content. Seriously, that would be really strange.

5 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Since when is AAF that intrusive that it can blow out 4 games I had going on..

It's not.

Yeah. It's hard to imagine how this would affect anything. Maybe you don't have a dependency for it installed and that causes some looping/hiccup?

13 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

It's not.

Yeah. It's hard to imagine how this would affect anything. Maybe you don't have a dependency for it installed and that causes some looping/hiccup?

I have had solid and stable gameplay up to the point I downloaded the mod. It said that it supported all bodies, including Wonder Body, which I use. I would then load a save, no AAF sequence would start up, and my Home Key would be dead. MCG commands would be dead. Tried it 3 separate times with same result. Only disabling the mod and reinstalling AAF would fix things..Had everything they asked for..One of those mod mysteries that might never be found out..

40 minutes ago, Tanglin said:

Generally, what controls the penis' direction? I have the problem where some animations have the penis pointing in the correct direction, but for others, the penis gets all distorted. Where should look to troubleshoot? I'm using EVB. 

The animation packs themselves have those instructions cooked into the files. Usually sick junk issues are from no One Patch to Bang Them All, no ZaZ Skeleton mod for Bodyytalk male, One Patch not being reinstalled everytime you add or delete an animation or pose pack....etc.

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

The animation packs themselves have those instructions cooked into the files. Usually sick junk issues are from no One Patch to Bang Them All, no ZaZ Skeleton mod for Bodyytalk male, One Patch not being reinstalled everytime you add or delete an animation or pose pack....etc.

I know of One Patch, but based on the description, it gave me the feeling that it is so work in progress that I'm going to end up with more problems than broken dicks.

25 minutes ago, Tanglin said:

I know of One Patch, but based on the description, it gave me the feeling that it is so work in progress that I'm going to end up with more problems than broken dicks.

There aren't many mods that are not a Work in Progress.
One Patch is not labeled experimental or Alpha so it's use is not only safe but highly recommended.

3 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Many mods are marked beta or WIP to ward off users who feel that they are entitled to win a lawsuit if they find a bug in a free mod.

Animation packs don't always have the most up-to-date XML (which gives instructions about morphs, etc.). The One Patch has multiple people putting a lot of time and thought into keeping the XML updated and organized. So, it's probably the best solution for what you are seeing.