Hello,

There is a problem with OnSceneEnd not firing in aaf_api although it fires in AAF_MainQuestScript

The reason is a missing line in the Initialize() function in aaf api script :

RegisterForCustomEvent(AAF_MainQuestScript, "OnSceneEnd")

Adding this line solves the issue.

4 hours ago, galgat said:

Getting all this to work is like  major stacking of cards in a windy room.

I think the key word here is "all". Many people try to install a lot of things all at once before testing. Then, if something is off, there are too many mods/factors to figure out what the problem is.

Themes should help with that over time. But, they are still WIP.

In the meantime, it is a little more time-consuming. But, it should be easy to test functionality of AAF in between animation pack and patch installs.

2 hours ago, Akor said:

Hi,

I encountered a problem with the OnSceneInit event.

The API doc states that in case element [0] is not 0, then [3] would contain the meta value from the settings.
This doesn't seem  to be the case for me, the akArgs array only has a range of 0-2

Did I do something wrong or is the doc not right?

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

I tried and experienced the same problem:

Event AAF:AAF_API.OnSceneInit(AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs)    
    DTrace("SceneInit event")

int iResult =  akArgs[0] as int
    if iResult > 0
        DTrace("SceneInit event: error [" + iResult + "] meta [" + akArgs[3] as String + "]")
    else
        DTrace("SceneInit meta: " + akArgs[5] as String)
    endif
endEvent

It works as expected if there is no error:

[02/10/2019 - 02:39:58PM] AAF SEU Debug: SceneInit event
[02/10/2019 - 02:39:58PM] AAF SEU Debug: SceneInit meta: SEUsolo

But if I remove my tags files so that the requested position can't be found, and run the same code, the meta is indeed not in akArgs:

[02/10/2019 - 02:50:43PM] AAF SEU Debug: SceneInit event
[02/10/2019 - 02:50:43PM] error: Array index 3 is out of range (0-2)
stack:
    [SEUQuest (D4003D33)].SEUMainScript.::remote_AAF:AAF_API_OnSceneInit() - "SEUMainScript.psc" Line 879
[02/10/2019 - 02:50:43PM] AAF SEU Debug: SceneInit event: error [4] meta [None]

So it looks like AAF is not populating akArgs[] with the expected number of elements.

Thank you for pointing this out.

If there is an error, is the meta info still of use?

1 hour ago, thor said:

Hello,

There is a problem with OnSceneEnd not firing in aaf_api although it fires in AAF_MainQuestScript

The reason is a missing line in the Initialize() function in aaf api script :

RegisterForCustomEvent(AAF_MainQuestScript, "OnSceneEnd")

Adding this line solves the issue.

Thank you for pointing this out. Will fix in future builds.

37 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

If there is an error, is the meta info still of use?

Thank you for pointing this out. Will fix in future builds.

I think so.  It's always good to know if an animation started by "this" mod had an error, if only for debugging.   Also some mods will wait on an animation to complete, so it's good to know which animation errorred out so you can stop the correct timer.

well this is the thing, I have everything setup for AAF to work, but it simply doesnt start, I have the latest version of the game, Im using MO2 to install it, I have the last version of F4SE, I added the sex themes, also added the sex animations, but it simply doesnt work and I dunno what im doing wrong I been like three days trying to make it work please help me :( 

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

I think the key word here is "all". Many people try to install a lot of things all at once before testing. Then, if something is off, there are too many mods/factors to figure out what the problem is.

Themes should help with that over time. But, they are still WIP.

In the meantime, it is a little more time-consuming. But, it should be easy to test functionality of AAF in between animation pack and patch installs.

1.   I went back to RSE original, and everything seems to be functioning correctly, and I am running your latest AAF.  I have no Idea why RSE Elements is buggering me, but I figure if it work's...

2.  And as to the "all" I mean only getting AAF, compatibility patches, and animations all working, and after that RSE so this all has something to do, which I consider is over all just the basic's.

58 minutes ago, DARKFra said:

well this is the thing, I have everything setup for AAF to work, but it simply doesnt start, I have the latest version of the game, Im using MO2 to install it, I have the last version of F4SE, I added the sex themes, also added the sex animations, but it simply doesnt work and I dunno what im doing wrong I been like three days trying to make it work please help me :( 

I have done it to, not a lot to go on there, so many things i have seen, and have had bugger me with FO4 adult mods.

I run a really lean load order, and use different profiles to try out new thing's which is really easy with MO2, scripting is a Bitch though.

Here is a load order that is working for me at this time, maybe looking at it will help

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*AAF.esm
*HUDFramework.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*TortureDevices.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Knockout Framework.esm
*Devious Devices.esm
*ESPExplorerFO4.esp
*Prisoner Shackles.esp
*CWSS Redux.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*OCDecorator.esp
*OCDecoratorDLC.esp
*SSEX.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack-LightShadowDisabler.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack.esp
*Minutemenoverhaul.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
*TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*AA FusionCityRising.esp
*AA FusionCityRising - HotC.esp
*DX_Rogue_Prototype.esp
*DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp
*rpampas.esp
*CBBE.esp
*clothingoverhaul.esp
*ClothingOverhaulSP_XB1_PC.esp
*AAF_CreaturePack01.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*Farelle_Animations.esp
*Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp
*Crazy_Animation_Rugs.esp
*four_play.esp  <<<< This is the dummy Foreplay esp installed by "Advanced Animation Framework Compatibility Patches"
*ThraxActionPoses.esp
*Shino Poses.esp
*Rufgt's Animations.esp
*Atomic Lust.esp
*SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
*Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp
*GrayUserBPAnimations.esp
*Mutated Lust.esp
*ZaZOut4.esp
*VIO_Strap-On.esp
*CumNWealth.esp
*AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp
*Rogg DD Items Manager.esp
*FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
*AAF_RSE.esp
*AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp
*FO4Hotkeys.esp
*HappyMaker.esp
*OCDispenser.esp
*NSA All-in-One.esp  <<< these are just no settlement attack, they Become a pain in late game.
*NSA DLCCoast.esp
*NSA DLCNukaWorld.esp
*NSA DLCRobot.esp
*NSA DLCworkshop01.esp
*Clean and Simple - Red Rocket Startup.esp  <<<<< These are just simple Cleaned settlement area's saves time
*Clean and Simple - Sanctuary Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Ten Pines Bluff Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - County Crossing Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Finch Farm Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Graygarden Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Greentop Nursery Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Hangman's Alley Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Starlight Drive In Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - The Slog Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Boston Airport Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Bunker Hill Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Covenant Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Croup Manor Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Egret Tours Marina Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Jamaica Plain Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Kingsport Lighthouse Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Murkwater Construction Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Nordhagen Beach Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Outpost Zimonja Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Somerville Place Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Spectacle Island Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Sunshine Tidings Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Taffington Boat House Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Warwick Startup.esp
*fog.esp  <<<< this is a fix for the hammer that the floating partials do to your FPS

Might not be much help but I am offering what little I can.  Also as I said earlier some of the patches tend to overwrite things in other patches, and the order in which you install things can be critical.

I know My first attempt nothing worked right.

Thankfully I was using MO2, so I just unpicked everything, went to my clean save with mostly default everything. Re-activated everything back just like I had it before, and boom everything worked.. It is testy at least for me, and Some times I think it is a roll of the dice to get it working..LOL, and the dice change with each patch that comes out.

I have read where some believe it is the order in which you activate the patches or animation fixes, I know I Tried to use Body talk, and totally messed up everything, I mean I got it to work sort of but it just screwed up a lot of things aesthetically for me

Had to re install "Advanced Animation Framework Compatibility Patches" to ever get everything back to normal.  I wish you luck ⛑️

Thank u ure very kind, I ll try the way u tell me to install it, but before going When i try to install aaf, it appears a particular warning(?) message sayin "the value exist but was not matched"  I dunno what that means but it might be the load order, anyways thanks for the help bro

1 hour ago, DARKFra said:

Based on your description, you most likely have not installed F4SE correctly.

1 hour ago, galgat said:

1.   I went back to RSE original, and everything seems to be functioning correctly, and I am running your latest AAF.  I have no Idea why RSE Elements is buggering me, but I figure if it work's...

I can't be sure what is happening with other mods. But, I am pretty sure that people are using RSE Elements with the latest AAF successfully.

2.  And as to the "all" I mean only getting AAF, compatibility patches, and animations all working, and after that RSE so this all has something to do, which I consider is over all just the basic's.

Compatibility patches and animations are quite a few things. There are versions of these that are obsolete, redundant, etc. So, if a user just goes through and installs a bunch all at once they are potentially creating a difficult to troubleshoot situation.

There are only a few animation packs currently. So, it shouldn't be a lot of extra time to install one, test it as working, install the next, test as working, etc.

[I think what is happening in some cases is that some users get something basic wrong (not installing F4SE correctly) and then think that they need to install more things to fix it, compounding their problems. With modding, when things go wrong it is best to think in terms of removing mods until it works again in order to identify the problem mod. You don't typically want to install more mods onto a build that isn't currently working.]

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Compatibility patches and animations are quite a few things. There are versions of these that are obsolete, redundant, etc. So, if a user just goes through and installs a bunch all at once they are potentially creating a difficult to troubleshoot situation.

There are only a few animation packs currently. So, it shouldn't be a lot of extra time to install one, test it as working, install the next, test as working, etc.

[I think what is happening in some cases is that some users get something basic wrong (not installing F4SE correctly) and then think that they need to install more things to fix it, compounding their problems. With modding, when things go wrong it is best to think in terms of removing mods until it works again in order to identify the problem mod. You don't typically want to install more mods onto a build that isn't currently working.]

I am not in disagreement at all with what you say.

What I am saying is pretty much what you just outlined.

This started out as Four play, now four play had a lot of good stuff made for it ( I played through most of that back when it first came out, it was and easy install, and for what it was functioned very well ). ( Been away from FO4 for over a year, and just now starting back to play it )

Now we have I think a much better system with AAF.

but all these older mods through some pretty Kool tweaking from some very devoted and talented people are being made available for AAF, and as you said this required a lot of compatibility scripting, which has over time Evolved, now we have a bunch of scriptwriters that maybe have left the scene, and someone Else thank goodness picked up the slack, but all these other Compatibility fixes are still floating around.

Right now Fo4 is not blessed with enough Animator's ( got some really good one though, very impressive work on many of these ) and the animations are a little scarce, so converting older animations from Four play to work with AAF is a very big Boon.

For a new person weeding through all this to grasp correctly what to use, and what not to use is where the problem is. You hit that nail on the head.

There I sort of think need to probably be a new "Complete installation Guild" put together by someone who truly understands what is needed today Or someone with Permission to put together and all in one installation.

This would get more people playing the FO4 mod's, as it can be a pretty big turn off, stumbling around for day's trying to get something to work with no real map to guild you. 

I have been using and abusing Beth games for year's, and I have to say this is a very tricky install right now.  I have a mostly working install, and I am learning as I go, but I still have Problem's, and Pin pointing them with out a solid Guild is troublesome.

I absolutely love what you are doing, It is super stuff, just want you to know that.

Right now though the only thing I am still missing or is not working are the dog and super mutant erections. everything else seems to be working well for me.  I will keep picking at it LOL.  I just could use a tiny bit better road map ?

34 minutes ago, galgat said:

I am not in disagreement at all with what you say.

What I am saying is pretty much what you just outlined.

This started out as Four play, now four play had a lot of good stuff made for it ( I played through most of that back when it first came out, it was and easy install, and for what it was functioned very well ). ( Been away from FO4 for over a year, and just now starting back to play it )

Now we have I think a much better system with AAF.

but all these older mods through some pretty Kool tweaking from some very devoted and talented people are being made available for AAF, and as you said this required a lot of compatibility scripting, which has over time Evolved, now we have a bunch of scriptwriters that maybe have left the scene, and someone Else thank goodness picked up the slack, but all these other Compatibility fixes are still floating around.

Right now Fo4 is not blessed with enough Animator's ( got some really good one though, very impressive work on many of these ) and the animations are a little scarce, so converting older animations from Four play to work with AAF is a very big Boon.

For a new person weeding through all this to grasp correctly what to use, and what not to use is where the problem is. You hit that nail on the head.

There I sort of think need to probably be a new "Complete installation Guild" put together by someone who truly understands what is needed today Or someone with Permission to put together and all in one installation.

This would get more people playing the FO4 mod's, as it can be a pretty big turn off, stumbling around for day's trying to get something to work with no real map to guild you. 

I have been using and abusing Beth games for year's, and I have to say this is a very tricky install right now.  I have a mostly working install, and I am learning as I go, but I still have Problem's, and Pin pointing them with out a solid Guild is troublesome.

I absolutely love what you are doing, It is super stuff, just want you to know that.

Right now though the only thing I am still missing or is not working are the dog and super mutant erections. everything else seems to be working well for me.  I will keep picking at it LOL.  I just could use a tiny bit better road map ?

I wish fallout 4 had a framework like sexlab, I'm not complaining at all just saying it would be a lot easier for users. Good job as always with AAF King.

1 hour ago, galgat said:

There has actually been more work on guides than I expected. It has even become a problem to some degree with old, conflicting and bad advice on occasion. There is the stickied guide that was put together by AAF contributors. And also a few others that people put together. But, as things are being updated rapidly, it's a lot of work to update the guides too.

There are some who understand AAF at an advanced level that can make their own fixes/patches. And they help others by posting that code. But, then those patches end up being treated like mods themselves when they should really be adopted into bigger updates (ie themes or incorporated into animation packs).

AAF is designed for options/flexibility. As a cost, there are more ways to break things and more for people to learn. I think that over time, all this scattered effort will get consolidated into themes, etc. as envisioned. It's just going to take time and for people to come along that want to do that config work, ask questions and be constructive.

Think of themes like an all-in-one mod compilation. Someone with AAF understanding can make a solid working build with all animation packs, merge the XML files (without animation author content of course) add a theme XML and package it up for others to use. Then everyone could benefit from that theme and an easy install (just AAF base, the theme and animation packs, no patches). With this model, that isn't on me to provide or for guide authors to explain. It's up to the community to collab on or individual members to make.

29 minutes ago, BAB PEEG said:

I wish fallout 4 had a framework like sexlab, I'm not complaining at all just saying it would be a lot easier for users. Good job as always with AAF King.

I'm making AAF with different goals (more like a configurable version of 0SA (engine behind 0Sex).

I started the project knowing that there is demand to make a replica of SexLab. Maybe more demand for that than anything else. But, I have interest in different features. I think that as it comes together, it will win some people over too. Many AAF features haven't really been implemented yet.

47 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Many AAF features haven't really been implemented yet.

Just want to jump in here to say this, which I think dagobaking was alluding to, but didn't necessarily say in so many words: 

Software development is never, ever, a linear straight line of progression. 

Some months, you have amazing low bug progress, some months you take 5 steps back for each step forward. Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. You sleep, you wake up, and you tackle stuff with a freshly rested mind....but it's never just a straight line. Sometimes to solve one issue, you have to solve 12 other tangential issues, then go back to what you were trying to do in the first place. I've worked with, managed, supervised developers in my career...I respect what they do, because it takes a certain kind of mind to do it competently and do it well. AAF's development is done by people who do it competently and do it well. Sometimes things aren't always right the first time, but the cool thing is....there's little to no hubris in folks like dagobaking and others who contribute to AAF. If there's a legitimate problem, they acknowledge it, and tackle it. 

AAF's development, for as long as I have been following it, has been more progressive, than regressive. When it has been regressive, it slows down to solve the little problems that crop up. But, again...it's not a straight line from idea to working software. I think most everyone gets that, but it's good to remind people once in awhile too. 

Thank you WandererZero. I definitely appreciate the nod and support. Though, I am pretty sure that at least a little bit of hubris appears from time to time. ;)

I think you are referring to having realistic expectations for the ups/downs of software development. That is certainly a valid point.

That is related but a little different than what I was trying to explain (maybe badly). Many adult frameworks have baked in a lot of features that cater to adult gameplay. That is a valid approach and I understand people wanting the benefits of that type of framework (ease of installation being one). I'm trying to make it clear that I've never intended to make an imitation of that type of framework. There's nothing about it that is even adult (without others using it that way).

Technically, it can be configured to work in nearly the same way. But, however it gets used, it is by design that other users in the community author the various configurations based on their preferences. It is a predictable result that there will be a learning curve as people try things, release patches/files/packs, etc.

The up-side of this model is that it relies less on me long term. If I were to stop dev on AAF there is already a lot that can be done by others to continue building on it, making variations in config, adding/removing features in packs and so on.

Hi. Thank you so much for making this framework, @dagobaking! Thanks to this framework, my FO4 life has become much much better. ?‍♀️

I have one question.

I'm currently making a MOD to wash out only the Cum Overlay by another existing shower MOD for the player character.

Basically, this MOD's aim to remove the Cum Overlay that has remained on the PC. However, I think depending on the usage situation, the Cum Overlay which the timer has not expired may also be removed.

If I remove Cum Overlay that the timer has not expired, will this cause a problem with AAF? I'm not so good at programming, so I don't know what will happen with this.

I'd really appreciate it if you could give me an answer for this. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Polistiro said:

If i remember it is silent, no errors. You can add a texture using aaf and try to remove it before the end of the countdown (60 seconds) using the showlooksmenu command.

A mod like this should be helpful...

Very creative using a shower to get rid of the stains!

?

Getting a new bug in latest version. Occasionally not only does AAF strip everything even though I have it set to limited stripping, but it steals the items  that it wasn't supposed to strip (IE: glasses, the bandana from Elli's armor compedium etc...) 

This seems fairly inconsistent... It may happen every time on one load, and never on another. Less common than erectile dysfunction anyway. I can't find a pattern.

EDIT: Hold on... This may be my mod. Gotta try a few things.

EDIT: Yup... I noticed it was only happening with anal. I'm now 90% certain it was because of the way I put together my fragment. (a messagebox was interrupting the stripping I think) Carry on... I'm a dumbass.

16 hours ago, dagobaking said:

What would that be needed for?

If one actor in the scene is taller, shorter, wider or thinner than average, the bodies don't align properly.

Editing the XML files only partially solves this problem. You can't set the offset per animation, or at least I don't know how. Meaning that even if I change the offsets, some animations are still not aligned properly.

I explained this before. It was doable with Four Play and console commands, but not with AAF unfortunately. 

And no, I don't use children in the animations. And the option to automatically set actor height still doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks.