Hello,

I have a scripting question. 

If I write a script to start a scene with two female actors and no specific position/tags, would AAF also select from animations tagged for Female+Male actors?

Would it automatically equip a strapon to one female character or do I have to force this somehow, or is it not supported?

9 minutes ago, Akor said:

Hello,

I have a scripting question. 

If I write a script to start a scene with two female actors and no specific position/tags, would AAF also select from animations tagged for Female+Male actors?

Would it automatically equip a strapon to one female character or do I have to force this somehow, or is it not supported?

It would not use animations tagged for m/f because AAF treats gender tags as being strictly true. They are genders rather than roles.

That said, most (all? I haven't used/tested them) animation packs have extensions or variations that use the same animations with F/F or M/M versions and add strap-ons as appropriate.

Another option that some packs may be using is to not make any gender assignment and use conditions within the XML to put strap-ons on when needed.

Sorry for the long answer. In short it depends on how animation pack authors decide to configure things. AAF allows multiple ways.

18 hours ago, TopBunMan said:

Yeah, I appreciate the help. I'm more than certain that the root of all my problems lays in something to do with the SWF files. As, the mod activates and runs through the boot prcoess, but if AAF isn't getting past the SWF processing to Papyrus, then it would make sense that features loaded after that part aren't working. However, what is causing these SWF files to not process properly, is beyond me. Whether or not AAF has conflicts with certain mods, I don't know, there's nothing clarified about UI conflicts on the wiki, and the "how to" posted on LL forums is outdated, heavily. I've made sure that there are no conflicts, and that it's not a problem with the numpad itself. I really don't think I've missed any prerequisites, after my last botch up. I made sure to go through and check all my mod requirements.

the how to isn't outdated ... heavily... I just got info to update ... Body Talk 2, replace CBBE with Fusion and add Zex that is all that is in need to add from one of the developers. The SWF should be working, Never had a problem with it during the testing (alpha testing) of the mod.

Am working with said person for the updates mentioned above. I want to be sure I understand what is happening before I update it. The base core instructions are still true as they were when the guide was created.

I am leaning to something with your computer, the mods setup, manager used, (if not MO) and less toward conflicts as that should be easy enough to resolve. just run a pure basic install without  all the added mods. You shouldn't have any SWF issues.

As for bug reporting.. make sure you have the Paprus turned on.

Other than the above, I don't do much gaming or even testing now so I can't help much more than that.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

the how to isn't outdated ... heavily... I just got info to update ... Body Talk 2, replace CBBE with Fusion and add Zex that is all that is in need to add from one of the developers. The SWF should be working, Never had a problem with it during the testing (alpha testing) of the mod.

Am working with said person for the updates mentioned above. I want to be sure I understand what is happening before I update it. The base core instructions are still true as they were when the guide was created.

I am leaning to something with your computer, the mods setup, manager used, (if not MO) and less toward conflicts as that should be easy enough to resolve. just run a pure basic install without  all the added mods. You shouldn't have any SWF issues.

As for bug reporting.. make sure you have the Paprus turned on.

Other than the above, I don't do much gaming or even testing now so I can't help much more than that.

I managed to sort it out myself. Problems are now simply a case of animals not getting erect, and AAF deleting clothing items from my inventory post scene. If I unequip something during the scene, it gets deleted.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, TopBunMan said:

3 minutes ago, TopBunMan said:

I managed to sort it out myself. Problems are now simply a case of animals not getting erect, and AAF deleting clothing items from my inventory post scene. If I unequip something during the scene, it gets deleted.

I never used the creatures. I believe there are some mods for that problem. It should be part of the guide. Not sure if that is 100 % updated. If you find any mods not mentioned for that please post.

56 minutes ago, Arcturus7777 said:

Do you need to install mods for the penises of the creatures in animations?  Do I need bag of dicks?

What creatures have penis's working?   SO far no dogs, no deathclaw.

Bloatfly and the flying insect are working.

6 minutes ago, TopBunMan said:

Canine Genitals

Creature Penises

part of the tutorial. The second one has the Deathclaws as far as I understand. Not aware of other mods. Perhaps not all the creatures are covered yet. Hopefully someone else with chime in on this with more info.

27 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Canine Genitals

Creature Penises

part of the tutorial. The second one has the Deathclaws as far as I understand. Not aware of other mods. Perhaps not all the creatures are covered yet. Hopefully someone else with chime in on this with more info.

I think the canine gentals are  BADLY misaligned, but I will try these to see if they are the same as the ones for 4play, 

It would be really good to know, which creatures have automatic switch to erect in AAF, like human males.  And which do not. 

Feral ghouls also are not working.

None of the AAF or animation mods mention anything about needing to install separate penis mods, nor do they say you do not need a mod, except for leito, who simply says dog penis's are not working.

Not quite sure why you make a sex animation, with no sexparts, and do not tell anyone what is going on.

1 hour ago, Arcturus7777 said:

I think the canine gentals are  BADLY misaligned, but I will try these to see if they are the same as the ones for 4play, 

It would be really good to know, which creatures have automatic switch to erect in AAF, like human males.  And which do not. 

Feral ghouls also are not working.

None of the AAF or animation mods mention anything about needing to install separate penis mods, nor do they say you do not need a mod, except for leito, who simply says dog penis's are not working.

Not quite sure why you make a sex animation, with no sexparts, and do not tell anyone what is going on.

I don't make any sex animations... @dagobaking doesn't either. This thread isn't about sex animations. AAF only manages animations that are set up to work with it. Missing penis parts for animals also isn't part of the AAF mod only used by mods that use AAF.

So... there is no reason to tell anyone what is going on as there isn't anything going on. For that, you'd have to discuss with those authors that created the animations for creatures or whatever, why there aren't any for x or y or when they will be coming out. AAF is only a manager for those animations.

I only posted those links to show what I had for the guide (which is included in the AAF mod) to help people at least know what is part of the guide. (and perhaps if there are some other parts or such that I have missed to inform me so I could add it . 

I'd suggest that you mention and show examples of issues related to those alignments and such to the threads that those mods come from. The author might not even realize that they are off

21 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It would not use animations tagged for m/f because AAF treats gender tags as being strictly true. They are genders rather than roles.

That said, most (all? I haven't used/tested them) animation packs have extensions or variations that use the same animations with F/F or M/M versions and add strap-ons as appropriate.

Another option that some packs may be using is to not make any gender assignment and use conditions within the XML to put strap-ons on when needed.

Sorry for the long answer. In short it depends on how animation pack authors decide to configure things. AAF allows multiple ways.

Thanks for your the explanation!

I looked into some of the XML files and I think I now have a basic understanding of how things work. :)

So lets say someone makes an animation for a Female+Male actor pair.
Could I (who have no clue about animations) then add a Female+Female(with strapon) version by adding/modifying an AAF-XML file? Or would this also require me to do some 3D animation magic? 

And my next question would be...
To check what tags/animations are installed I could use the OnAAFReady event and unpack the aArgs parameter, right?
Would this give me the tags which are defined in the AAF-Themes XML files?

49 minutes ago, Akor said:

So lets say someone makes an animation for a Female+Male actor pair.
Could I (who have no clue about animations) then add a Female+Female(with strapon) version by adding/modifying an AAF-XML file?

Yes.

49 minutes ago, Akor said:

And my next question would be...
To check what tags/animations are installed I could use the OnAAFReady event and unpack the aArgs parameter, right?
Would this give me the tags which are defined in the AAF-Themes XML files?

The data that goes out with OnAAFReady has been reduced because it was creating arrays too large for Papyrus. In the next build it will only send out the current general settings from AAF_settings.xml

What would you want to use lists of animations and tags for? There may be some other solution.

Ohhh...nice! ^^

Thanks A.J. and dagobaking :)

The data that goes out with OnAAFReady has been reduced because it was creating arrays too large for Papyrus. In the next build it will only send out the current general settings from AAF_settings.xml

What would you want to use lists of animations and tags for? There may be some other solution.

Well I just want to make sure that before I trigger a scene a suitable animation is available.

19 minutes ago, Akor said:

Well I just want to make sure that before I trigger a scene a suitable animation is available.

It gives feedback when you make the animation call. So, if you enter a certain tag and nothing matches you can look for an error code to let the user know, cancel the scene, etc.

3 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

It gives feedback when you make the animation call. So, if you enter a certain tag and nothing matches you can look for an error code to let the user know, cancel the scene, etc.

Ok, but for example lets say I make a quest where the PC can talk to a NPC-prostitute and ask for a sex (blowjob, anal, vaginal). If I don't check the available animations before the dialog the player could pick something where there is no animation available which I think would be weird.

15 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I don't make any sex animations... @dagobaking doesn't either. This thread isn't about sex animations. AAF only manages animations that are set up to work with it. Missing penis parts for animals also isn't part of the AAF mod only used by mods that use AAF.

So... there is no reason to tell anyone what is going on as there isn't anything going on. For that, you'd have to discuss with those authors that created the animations for creatures or whatever, why there aren't any for x or y or when they will be coming out. AAF is only a manager for those animations.

I only posted those links to show what I had for the guide (which is included in the AAF mod) to help people at least know what is part of the guide. (and perhaps if there are some other parts or such that I have missed to inform me so I could add it . 

I'd suggest that you mention and show examples of issues related to those alignments and such to the threads that those mods come from. The author might not even realize that they are off

Sigh.   Ok, here is what I have found so far.  Deathclaw has no AAF.XML file to swap from not erect to erect, so install the Deathclaw penis, they will walk around with it sticking out, but the aimations will work aligning ok.

The Dog problems, is that the erect and not erect penis are already in the folders, the XML files is NOT swapping the versions.  The NON erect version stays on the dog, during animations.  Therefore the problem is either the Swap xml for dogs not matching AAF, or visevera, or the name of the NiF's is wrong.  Because I do not know enough to tell you what the problem is caused by I am asking here, where the framework is being created.  

The animations are working. it is simply the swap of the nif for erect and not erect that is not working.

leito seems to be implying this is a AAF problem.

2 hours ago, Akor said:

Ok, but for example lets say I make a quest where the PC can talk to a NPC-prostitute and ask for a sex (blowjob, anal, vaginal). If I don't check the available animations before the dialog the player could pick something where there is no animation available which I think would be weird.

Good point. I will think about some kind of solution for this.

In the meantime, I think you could check for installation of animation pack esp that are known to contain certain animations and set flags for available content then.

1 hour ago, Arcturus7777 said:

Therefore the problem is either the Swap xml for dogs not matching AAF, or visevera, or the name of the NiF's is wrong.  Because I do not know enough to tell you what the problem is caused by I am asking here, where the framework is being created. 

Things swapping in and out during animations are configured via files outside of AAF. It sounds like that is where the issue is as RitualClarity points out.

3 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

Sigh.   Ok, here is what I have found so far.  Deathclaw has no AAF.XML file to swap from not erect to erect, so install the Deathclaw penis, they will walk around with it sticking out, but the aimations will work aligning ok.

The Dog problems, is that the erect and not erect penis are already in the folders, the XML files is NOT swapping the versions.  The NON erect version stays on the dog, during animations.  Therefore the problem is either the Swap xml for dogs not matching AAF, or visevera, or the name of the NiF's is wrong.  Because I do not know enough to tell you what the problem is caused by I am asking here, where the framework is being created.  

The animations are working. it is simply the swap of the nif for erect and not erect that is not working.

leito seems to be implying this is a AAF problem.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

In the meantime, I think you could check for installation of animation pack esp that are known to contain certain animations and set flags for available content then.

Things swapping in and out during animations are configured via files outside of AAF. It sounds like that is where the issue is as RitualClarity points out.

Yes... and I suggested that the question on this be posted on those mods pages. They created the XML and other assets. If there is an issue, then they can work on it with others on the discord section for mod authors and ask questions and clarifications. 

That issue is way beyond my skills as well.  If you wanted to work on or do some custom work etc. perhaps create  a thread asking for help with configuring or working the files to do what it should do. I am sorry, I didn't use any creature parts so I have no clue how bad it is.  This is the first I have heard of it though but then again I don't pay as much attention to that subject either. So I likely missed reports.

The reason I mention this is only to guide you to somewhere where help can be obtained.  Creature parts, problems with animations and such isn't something that is covered on this thread. as far as I know and understand. AAF is a manager for the xml and activates them. A framework.  When some parts created by others don't work, there is little that can be done here. At least as I understand it. I could be wrong. It is best to ask these questions on the threads where the assets or animations are on. They know what has been done more so than most on this thread.

I also understand your frustration as well. Reason I am replying so much currently on this subject. I am trying to help the best I can with limited skills I have. Perhaps try posting on the AAF NSFW thread about this problem as well ... don't remember the author but it is possible others that do mods and such for AAF are there and are quite active. (often times popping in after working on the development threads) They might be able to help you help yourself and fix some of the issues if you are willing to work on them.

TL;DR

Sorry you are having problems with the creature parts and animations.  However, this isn't the tread that can really help you much. It is best to go to the main thread, open a thread (if you are willing to work on it yoruself and/or go to discord and ask on the AAF NSFW thread. There are many authors on that discord that might be able to help or even have solved the problem themselves (fix)

2 hours ago, Polistiro said:

Have you tried my fomod v3.2 ? I added dogs equipment.
For deathclaws i have that somewere on my drive, the problem is all deathclaws are replaced by the basic mesh version during animations. I probably need to equip only the penis instead of using a nudesuit.

didn't see you there. :D

now this person knows what he is talking about... :D 

5 hours ago, Polistiro said:

Have you tried my fomod v3.2 ? I added dogs equipment.
For deathclaws i have that somewere on my drive, the problem is all deathclaws are replaced by the basic mesh version during animations. I probably need to equip only the penis instead of using a nudesuit.

just tested 3.2 was using 3.1 lwill leave message in your mod area

New AAF Release posted.

*** Please Note! ***

The features of new release builds have been tested internally. But, when larger volumes of people start using the mod, chances are that unfound issues come up. For that reason, there is always a good chance that each public release will have a few rapid follow-up releases. Please don't get worked up like you have been wronged if this happens. It is done so that you don't have to wait a month to have a stable version.

*** End Note ***

## [Beta 58] - 2019-2-4
### Changed
- Debug settings to false.

## [Beta 57] - 2019-2-3
### Changed
- sayTopic XML to include "sayAs" and "sayAsSource" to identify which actor to say the topic as. This is necessary for controlling the number of audio files needed to add spoken dialogue for actors in AAF scenes.

### Fixed
- startEquipmentSet and stopEquipmentSet on actions so that they don't re-apply on every loop. Helps when leveledlist items are used.
- subAction icons so that they don't re-load on every loop. Removes flicker.
- Issue with subAction icon not resetting properly on animation switching.

### Removed
- Array extension function. So, max_array_size is no longer functional. This will most likely be added back when LLFP is updated.

## [Beta 56] - 2019-1-31
### Changed
- stopEquipmentSet routine so that if application of that equipmentSet is interrupted by another scene, that equipment set is stored and applied whenever the after-scene delay is successfully completed.

### Fixed
- Items added by animations not being removed from inventory in some cases.

### Added
- A setting max_array_size that controls what the array size limit is changed to. This is needed to accommodate larger lists of furnitures.

### Removed
- In-game representation of "Walk Process Failed" error. Stills traces to log.

## [Beta 55] - 2019-1-27
### Fixed
- Issue with equipment getting scrambled and disappearing. Problem was introduced in build 51.
- Issue with delayed reEquip firing even though new scene started.

## [Beta 54] - 2019-1-26
### Added
- Errors section to Admin panel.
- Settings section to admin panel (not for changing settings. just for reviewing what AAF settings are being used in-game)
- Log optimizations.
- Updates to the topic system. To work, the XML needs a form ID for the topic and for a unique keyword to condition each line for. See updated wiki page for more info: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/topic.md#!topic

### Removed
- Several settings that no longer seem useful.

## [Beta 53] - 2019-1-24
### Added
- Check to warn if arrays sent to Papyrus are too large.
- Equipment handling for leveled list items. Thank you EgoBallistic!
- OnSceneEnd event. This fires when a scene is over and all actors are unlocked.
- Admin mode. Just basic info there now (installed positions and plugins). Will add more data and operations (reset data, etc) here over time.

### Removed
- Some arrays (that I don't believe any mod is using) from OnAAFReady event because they likely exceed the 128 element array limit.
- use_external_data_storage setting. Turning this off caused game-breaking bugs.
- Error 36 message. Would make the logs confusing.

### Changed
- Furniture scanner so that it allows using furniture placed at slight angles (between angle -5.0 and 5.0)
- LLFP to v30

## [Beta 52] - 2019-1-14
### Added
- troubleshooting_level setting. This controls which messages show as pop-up errors during gameplay. By default, the level is set to 0 which sends all errors to the log/debug window and shows no pop-up messages.
- Stability measure to allow AAF to continue running when raceData XML are installed without referenced plugins.
- Stability measures added for actorType XML with missing plugins.

### Changed
- AAF_settings.xml. Just re-organized it a bit to make it easier to read.
- Error messages to consider missing plugins may not be required. Moved from being errors to warnings.

## [Beta 51] - 2019-1-13
### Fixed
- Characters not showing correct equipment when forced to leave power armor during animation.
- Characters not changing equipment in cases where multiple actors in same scene change same equipment (ie. Nora and Nate both wearing "Casual Outfit")
- Redundant application of startEquipmentSet
- Showing Player Stat mode when there are no player stats to show. Now skips that mode when no stats.
- Saved actor stats not adjusting properly when different actorStat XML were added/removed.

### Changed
- Certain errors (missing actions, morphSets, overlaySets, narration) from pop-ups to warnings.

### Removed
- Placeholder morphset. Without scary error, this isn't needed.

## [Beta 50] - 2019-1-12
### Added
- Routine to prevent using actor locations when they are using furniture (to avoid clipping into furniture). There are still some edge cases where AAF will fall back to using these locations to avoid errors (when all actors are in furniture and no furniture location is near).
- Ability to put "hasKeyword" in condition nodes. So, various conditions in XML can now be controlled through keywords. See docs.
- Code that should help prevent unexpected NPC hostility during animations. (Thanks Chosen Clue!)

### Fixed
- Stats being out of alignment in actor preview window when first loaded.