7 hours ago, BlackFalcon said:

All I have installed related to AAF its AAF itself, Leito animations and leito AAF patch.

Check if you have RSE mods or other AAF mods in your list activated. what you describe is a part of those mods. AAF is just framework it wont do anything on it own.

I am wondering if ,when we are exposed to a new toy, our first inclination is to buy everything associated with it till we get sick of that toy. What I am saying is that maybe we newbies are downloading too much that is right now, beyond our understanding to handle.  To get a taste of AAF, what might be the bare minimum requirements involved? I noted on an earlier post, they just had AAF, Leitos and Leitos patch. Is that enough? Maybe by taking baby steps, our concerns and your solutions at least, get me and others started without getting distracted dealing with the RSE stuff right now..Thanks

5 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

To get a taste of AAF, what might be the bare minimum requirements involved? I noted on an earlier post, they just had AAF, Leitos and Leitos patch. Is that enough?

@EgoBallistic has a really solid quickstart guide on his AAF Violate and AAF SEU mod pages, under the Installation heading. 

image.png.d21dc6d6a431a1c9d06c6c3d37f604bc.png

Please be sure to note very clearly, where he states the following: 

"There are several good guides on LL for setting up a working AAF environment.  I highly recommend following one of those, along with the AAF user documentation.

Followed by: 

"But, for the impatient, below is a quick and dirty list of mods which will get you a working AAF setup.  Install them in this order, and always allow files from later mods to overwrite files from earlier ones:"

You can use his guide, but there are more inclusive guides to getting AAF up and running here on the forums, and you should seek them out, read and research a bit. It will save a lot of headaches down the line, and give you a baseline understanding of things so you can get help easier. 

I also highly recommend, if you are not doing so already, to invest in a good mod manager. Personally, I use Mod Organizer 2. It allows for granular control over overwrites, and let's you have more power over how mods are installed and loaded, and is non destructive in it's approach. (overwrites exist virtualized, they don't wipe out files from other mods). 

Happy AAF'ing. ?

42 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

@EgoBallistic has a really solid quickstart guide on his AAF Violate and AAF SEU mod pages, under the Installation heading. 

image.png.d21dc6d6a431a1c9d06c6c3d37f604bc.png

Please be sure to note very clearly, where he states the following: 

"There are several good guides on LL for setting up a working AAF environment.  I highly recommend following one of those, along with the AAF user documentation.

Followed by: 

"But, for the impatient, below is a quick and dirty list of mods which will get you a working AAF setup.  Install them in this order, and always allow files from later mods to overwrite files from earlier ones:"

You can use his guide, but there are more inclusive guides to getting AAF up and running here on the forums, and you should seek them out, read and research a bit. It will save a lot of headaches down the line, and give you a baseline understanding of things so you can get help easier. 

I also highly recommend, if you are not doing so already, to invest in a good mod manager. Personally, I use Mod Organizer 2. It allows for granular control over overwrites, and let's you have more power over how mods are installed and loaded, and is non destructive in it's approach. (overwrites exist virtualized, they don't wipe out files from other mods). 

Happy AAF'ing. ?

I am using Vortex which auto LOOTS them in place. Their idea of load order never looks like the suggested of any mod or file. Biggest pain with Vortex is how hard it is to actually change load order per its' rule system. I have no experiance or skill to manual download..Sorry for that..Will try to get it set up. Thanks

Just now, maddadicusrex said:

I am using Vortex which auto LOOTS them in place. Their idea of load order never looks like the suggested of any mod or file. Biggest pain with Vortex is how hard it is to actually change load order per its' rule system. I have no experiance or skill to manual download..Sorry for that..Will try to get it set up. Thanks

Vortex should be fine, it's based on MO2. If you're familiar with it, cool...and I tend to agree with you on the subject of LOOT. It's a tool, but not a solve all. I tend to use LOOT from time to time, followed by manually fine tuning my order. So you're not alone in this regard. 

I wouldn't recommend installing manually to anyone anyway, so you're safe there. No need to apologize. The important thing is you're following some kind of a baseline, so people have that to work from while helping you out. 

10 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Vortex should be fine, it's based on MO2. If you're familiar with it, cool...and I tend to agree with you on the subject of LOOT. It's a tool, but not a solve all. I tend to use LOOT from time to time, followed by manually fine tuning my order. So you're not alone in this regard. 

I wouldn't recommend installing manually to anyone anyway, so you're safe there. No need to apologize. The important thing is you're following some kind of a baseline, so people have that to work from while helping you out. 

Is it OK for LOOT to do its' thing for AAF or should I play with the rules to get close to the suggested load order...

On 2/21/2019 at 5:09 AM, D_ManXX2 said:

Check if you have RSE mods or other AAF mods in your list activated. what you describe is a part of those mods. AAF is just framework it wont do anything on it own.

No, I try to  keep AAF and my game in general light scripted and simple as possible. those RSE mods looks kinda complicated and heavy scripted mods. I could be wrong.

I need help again please! :D

Is it possible to progress a staged animation/scene via script (the scene is also started via script), or is there a way to set the animation to auto progress?

And another question is, does the "frames" & "time" attributes in the animationData.xml control if an animation loops?

Because I had trouble with the staged animation I tried to start a single position of the staged animation instead of the whole staged animation, which kind of worked... 

The problem I have with this approach is that the animation does not loop, it will only play one cycle and then wait for the scene to end :(

9 minutes ago, BlackFalcon said:

you know what? that might actually be the problem. I use F11 for the in-game explorer mod for items.

Does the button conflicting with AAF or Leito or something?

Yeah. You need to remap F11 if you use In Game ESP explorer. 

Go to your Fallout\Data\AAF directory, and open your AAF_settings.xml file. 

image.png.efa9519c4aed67a49fbd7378103bfbd6.png

You can use the webpage mentioned in the comment to find an acceptable key. I just move it to "120" which is F9 and pretty much unused. 

F11 in AAF is the "Quick Scene" key, and for ESP Explorer, it pulls up the ESP/ESM list. I find it's easiest just to set AAF to not use F11. ?

17 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Yeah. You need to remap F11 if you use In Game ESP explorer. 

Go to your Fallout\Data\AAF directory, and open your AAF_settings.xml file. 

image.png.efa9519c4aed67a49fbd7378103bfbd6.png

You can use the webpage mentioned in the comment to find an acceptable key. I just move it to "120" which is F9 and pretty much unused. 

F11 in AAF is the "Quick Scene" key, and for ESP Explorer, it pulls up the ESP/ESM list. I find it's easiest just to set AAF to not use F11. ?

Ah! So that's the problem. I didn't know f11 was a hotkey for quick scene. If only I knew this before it would have saved so much trouble.

Thank You guys. I hope this helps too people with the same problem as me.

24 minutes ago, BlackFalcon said:

you know what? that might actually be the problem. I use F11 for the in-game explorer mod for items.

Does the button conflicting with AAF or Leito or something?

AAF uses the F11 key to start "megascenes", where every actor in the area will get into an animation.  That would explain why your character is getting into sex scenes.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

AAF uses the F11 key to start "megascenes", where every actor in the area will get into an animation.  That would explain why your character is getting into sex scenes.

For a few versions, F10 started megascenes for testing the feature. But, that hotkey has since been disabled (people can use megascenes though if they want through the API).

F11 is still there for QuickScenes based on the last character the cross-hair rolled over.

2 hours ago, Akor said:

I need help again please! :D

Is it possible to progress a staged animation/scene via script (the scene is also started via script), or is there a way to set the animation to auto progress?

Automatic stages and controlling stage progression via script are two different things. But, both are possible.

To automate stages you would use an animationGroup XML.

To control stages, you could start a one-animation scene that doesn't have a time set (so that it doesn't end by itself). Then you can use ChangePosition via the API to progress it to whatever next position animations you want from there.

2 hours ago, Akor said:

And another question is, does the "frames" & "time" attributes in the animationData.xml control if an animation loops?

The frames attribute in the animation node define the length of the animation. This should always be set to accurately match the real length of the clip. (you can use "time" there also for the same purpose but its a legacy version of the attribute).

That value does not necessarily control looping. But, if it's wrong, the looping would look off.

2 hours ago, Akor said:

Because I had trouble with the staged animation I tried to start a single position of the staged animation instead of the whole staged animation, which kind of worked... 

The problem I have with this approach is that the animation does not loop, it will only play one cycle and then wait for the scene to end :(

I would need to know more detail to understand what is happening here. There are different settings in the CK when setting animations up. Some animations used for transitions may have special settings that prevent them from looping.

Thanks dagobaking,

I tried making an animationGroup, for some reason it will also not loop the animation.

This is my animationGroup.xml

<meta title="Atomic Lust_FF_animationGroupData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="animationGroup"/>
<defaults />

<animationGroup id="Atomic_Spanking_S3_Spank_FF_Group" sequential="true">
    <stage animation="Atomic Spanking S3 Spank FF"/>
</animationGroup>

The positionData.xml

<position id="Atomic Spanking S3 Spank FF" animationGroup="Atomic_Spanking_S3_Spank_FF_Group"/>

Did I do something wrong?

2 hours ago, Akor said:

This is my animationGroup.xml

I am pretty sure that the animation you are testing with is one that uses a setting in CK that prevents looping. That one is meant to be played once.

You could probably fix by setting up a duplicate of the animation and giving it a different animation type in the CK and its own XML entries for AAF.

26 minutes ago, Mammaluigi9433 said:

homekey doesnt work for me . Menu just wont open at all im using beta 58.  I am aware of the fn key still nothing made sure nothing was overwritten for aaf its clear still no idea

This is typically due to incorrect F4SE installation.

15 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I am pretty sure that the animation you are testing with is one that uses a setting in CK that prevents looping. That one is meant to be played once.

You could probably fix by setting up a duplicate of the animation and giving it a different animation type in the CK and its own XML entries for AAF.

ah thanks for the heads up

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

okok :D

I think found where the animation in the CK, but I can't see where I can set the animation type? Do you mean the "Looping Seconds" thing, would this make the animation loop, the CK wiki says this setting is no longer used...

33 minutes ago, Akor said:

okok :D

I think found where the animation in the CK, but I can't see where I can set the animation type? Do you mean the "Looping Seconds" thing, would this make the animation loop, the CK wiki says this setting is no longer used...

The setting is called "Anim Event".

Looping animations are typically set at "dyn_ActivationLoop"