3 hours ago, Durante said:

Do facial expressions work when animating on AAF? I could have sworn I once made a screenshot of an NPC having a different expression with closed eyes, though normally I see their mimics don't change.

Like Dagobaking said, that is really supposed to be handled either in the animation itself or via the animation XML.

Some mods set the actors' expressions outside of AAF by using SetAnimFaceArchetype() before and after calling an animation, which is what you may have seen before.

Is it safe to temp remove some xml from aaf animation packs to disable those packs somehow i am getting a small problem with certain animation not syncing right and somehow only that one like blowjob is chosen and hardly ever from animation packs from leito or the others.

Somehow AAF seem to like this animation allot and hardly chose any of the other animation packs.

57 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Is it safe to temp remove some xml from aaf animation packs to disable those packs somehow i am getting a small problem with certain animation not syncing right and somehow only that one like blowjob is chosen and hardly ever from animation packs from leito or the others.

Somehow AAF seem to like this animation allot and hardly chose any of the other animation packs.

If its just one animation, remove it from the tagData file or comment it out

On 12/5/2018 at 5:56 AM, dagobaking said:

Sounds like AAF is not running. Which would suggest that the prerequisites are not really in place correctly.

Have you tried running furniture animations from the wizard?

Those mods send a list of actors into AAF to participate in an animation. If they do their own scan and pick up the doppelganger, etc. to include in the list sent in, that may go through and cause this.

AAF checks for that in its own scans through the wizard. But, I don't think it checks again before the animation starts (from memory). So, the fix for now would be for these mods to check the validity of the actors they are sending in.

I can also look into adding additional checks into AAF. But, that is not preferred because it would still result in AAF sending out an error and stopping the scene. Ideally, other mods do these checks so no error routine is needed.

Something has caused AAF to freeze. But, after XML has been parsed. It's unusual and I think it has to do with a bad save or bad edit of XML files.

This does make sence because some mods trigger the animations on their own, AAF itself does not do it on its own. so if they are not checking correctly then the bug i mentioned earlier with the doppelganger happens. So it is best to mention this to the other mod authors.

I'm having a problem with player body during the animations; basically, my character, female, gets a male body (vanilla nevernude) every time animations run. SO i have this female face mounted on top of a dude in underwear, not exactly the best sight lol. I tested NPC alone and player+npc, the npc use the normal naked body assigned to it, and player still get a male body.

Any idea of what might be causing this?

Outside of aaf animations the body appear correct, is only during the animation.

Load order looks like this;

AAF.esm

Animations

---

Body mods

Im using MO2.

If you need a more specific load order i can supply that.

Thanks for any help.

10 hours ago, VonHelton said:

So in short, SEU is calling the doppelganger twice........

Ok, so how do we fix it?

?

I think that code could be adjusted in SEU to block including the doppelganger in a call.

5 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

This does make sence because some mods trigger the animations on their own, AAF itself does not do it on its own. so if they are not checking correctly then the bug i mentioned earlier with the doppelganger happens. So it is best to mention this to the other mod authors.

Thinking about it more, its likely that mod authors will sometimes miss a note like that. So, its probably better to add the check in a second place and give them an error in context. Then they will know why and how to fix. Will add that to the to-do list.

44 minutes ago, monesl said:

I'm having a problem with player body during the animations; basically, my character, female, gets a male body (vanilla nevernude) every time animations run. SO i have this female face mounted on top of a dude in underwear, not exactly the best sight lol. I tested NPC alone and player+npc, the npc use the normal naked body assigned to it, and player still get a male body.

Any idea of what might be causing this?

lol. I've seen this before and it was quite a look.

That said, it was fixed quite a long time ago. From memory I think it had to do with how the PC actor is replicated for the doppelganger. So, it sounds like you may have a mod conflict or messed up vanilla file that is causing that process to break for AAF. Would probably be related to some kind of "Unique Player" type of mod that affects the forms that the PC uses for their look.

58 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

That said, it was fixed quite a long time ago. From memory I think it had to do with how the PC actor is replicated for the doppelganger. So, it sounds like you may have a mod conflict or messed up vanilla file that is causing that process to break for AAF. Would probably be related to some kind of "Unique Player" type of mod that affects the forms that the PC uses for their look.

Yes i use Unique player body system, and unique companion bodies. It's loaded after the CBBE main mod, which is loaded after AAF and animations mod.

Btw if that can help, this is a new install, i was previously using Vortex, which i uninstalled cause it was kind of a mess to use for me, and on the previous install the body was showing up correctly.

Then i had another issue where at some point the player simple wouldn't show up, like invisible, while NPC were normally showing up in animation.

What file should i look for?

6 hours ago, monesl said:

Yes i use Unique player body system, and unique companion bodies. It's loaded after the CBBE main mod, which is loaded after AAF and animations mod.

Btw if that can help, this is a new install, i was previously using Vortex, which i uninstalled cause it was kind of a mess to use for me, and on the previous install the body was showing up correctly.

Then i had another issue where at some point the player simple wouldn't show up, like invisible, while NPC were normally showing up in animation.

What file should i look for?

Those mods might not be compatible with AAF. And load order would not fix.

To test, you should try running your game without those mods to see if the problem then goes away.

New Build Posted:

*** PLEASE NOTE: This build is being released earlier than expected to be compatible with the new game version. It has not been tested as much as other builds. Also, there are no themes yet. But, they are being worked on and will be available soon.

## [Beta 38] - 2018-12-06
### Added
- actorStat groups. Also added showInProfile, showInStatMode, showInScene attributes to actorStat. These settings control which parts of the UI stats appear in.

### Changed
- to a new walking system for NPC on an experimental basis. Appears to work well in first tests. But, needs more QA before completing code re-write.
- Compatibility for Fallout 4 - 1.10.120 / F4SE - 0.6.14 / LooksMenu - 1.6.13

## [Beta 37] - 2018-11-29
### Added
- AAF_ActorLocked keyword and SetActorLocked function. A central way for mods to tell each other that they are doing something with an Actor. See docs.
- use_external_data_storage setting (false by default). The old save mechanism can be turned on by setting this to true. However, by default, AAF now uses an internal save game variable to store AAF data. A big change that needs lots of testing. Is somewhat faster. But, potentially will slow down later in game after a lot of NPC interaction. Needs to be tested through long play-through.
- theme XML type. This is for packaging with AAF theme XML config files, on install it shows version number, description, authors, etc. See docs for usage.

### Note
- There are currently no themes built. AAF will give a warning about missing themes. But, will continue to work as previously. Hopefully, some themes are put together soon as the point of this messaging is to encourage more complete/simple installs.
- WARNING: Since this build changes the AAF save method, using it will reset your previous AAF save details. So, the AAF stats and custom names will be reset.

## [Beta 36] - 2018-11-23
### Added
- LLFP 28. Implementation of GetActorBaseSkinForm (thanks to Egoballistic!).
- PositionSettings to API.
- GetPositionSettings to API.
- ChangePosition to API. Allows changing the position animation actors run in an existing scene.
- ApplyEquipmentSet to API. Allows changing equipment on actors via Papyrus.
- ApplyMorphSet to API. Allows changing morphs on actors via Papyrus.
- ApplyOverlaySet to API. Allows changing overlays on actors via Papyrus.
- NarrationMessage to API. Allows sending text messages to the AAF narration UI widget.

6 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

does the new version still work with fallout 4  1.10.114 ?? i have not updated yet, sinc i use allot of those f4se mods and they have not updated yet.

no. newest version is for the newest game build.

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

Does anyone else have an issue with animations never ending? For example, I just tried out Boston Breeder (AAF beta 36, haven't updated yet) and those animations never seem to finish.

Is this maybe a problem with Boston Breeder and not AAF? Other mods like RSE CSA work fine.

That mod may want it to work that way? There are settings for the mod authors to control how timing works.

Hi dagobaking !

I just want to let you now that I'm having several issues with AAF. After the recent update of Fallout 4, I updated F4SE and Looksmenu. Because I have been finishing a fresh installation of Fallout 4, I decided to install the latest version of AAF (the one that was published on december 7th 2018). I have the GOTY edition of the game (all the DLCs are installed) and during the installation of AAF, I went for a the recommended settings (all DLCs, auto renamer etc).

Now, if I start a new game, I have a permanent white screen right after the introduction "Bethesda Games presents blablabla => white screen".

I loaded a previous test save and now I'm receiving the following pop-up messages right after loading.

AAF ERROR : [049] OverlaySet ID "Back_M" not found

This is not the only one, there are several other messages but they are just a variation of this one (for exemple instead of saying "Back_M" it says "Anal" etc).

Did I do something wrong or is there a problem with the newest version of AAF ?

2 hours ago, puxa4_11 said:

And how to download AAF correctly in MO2?

Using MO2 is beyond the scope I can cover. Search for video tutorials on using MO2.

1 hour ago, Selfcontrol said:

Now, if I start a new game, I have a permanent white screen right after the introduction "Bethesda Games presents blablabla => white screen".

34 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

@Selfcontrol the white screen is usually because the AAF welcome messagebox is behind the fog.

If this is something many people are seeing I would like to know. I might be able to adjust timing to avoid it.

38 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

@Selfcontrol the white screen is usually because the AAF welcome messagebox is behind the fog.  You can hit enter and it should go away.  May have to do it twice with the newest release since it has two messageboxes.

The missing overlays are defined in cum_overlaysdata.xml which is part of the AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v2_1.7z.

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I installed the AAF patch and now everything works.

7 minutes ago, dagobaking said:
44 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

@Selfcontrol the white screen is usually because the AAF welcome messagebox is behind the fog.

If this is something many people are seeing I would like to know. I might be able to adjust timing to avoid it.

I've never seen it myself, but it's been mentioned now and again.  Not sure why it happens to some people but not others.