Should I switch from oldrim to SE

18 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

If you want story, the new Serana Dialogue mod  is awesome and my personal highlight, very good voice actress and with a Sexlab or Flower Girl patch, there is a new Overhaul for her as well which replaced Bijin Serana for me. Look it up.

Also you might want to look up Love Slaves in LL, also a really good Mod in my opinion.

Also maybe Quest Mods like Project AHO from 2019, i played it twice. Its impressive but nothing i have to keep all the time. Story is not bad but its more like a visual impressive easter egg hunt for me.

To keep it short, it is definitely worth setting your game up again

slaverun right now not in development

Captured dreams was pulled down ... there is no longer a version downloadable..

BAC is somewhat in development

DCL is no as V9 in LE usable and there is an older mod Rubber Facility in redevelopment.

Also Public whore is a mod in early development.

Shout like a virgin will be usable in the future with the new Toys Framework and when it is releases this weekend everyone can have alternatives to dd

a month later it should get a rerelease under SSE if i got that right ...

Bet O/P came in at the end of the last episode of "Twin Peaks - The Return"  series and said what did I miss?

For LE - Green Tea ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/greentea-v1-3-2-27747981  ), lots of little and useful SKSE plugins bundled into one.

or

For SE - Face Discoloration Fix ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441 ) - A cunning fix for black face for people too lazy to get their mod load order right.

5 hours ago, Gukahn said:

If you want story, the new Serana Dialogue mod  is awesome and my personal highlight, very good voice actress and with a Sexlab or Flower Girl patch, there is a new Overhaul for her as well which replaced Bijin Serana for me. Look it up.

Also you might want to look up Love Slaves in LL, also a really good Mod in my opinion.

Also maybe Quest Mods like Project AHO from 2019, i played it twice. Its impressive but nothing i have to keep all the time. Story is not bad but its more like a visual impressive easter egg hunt for me.

To keep it short, it is definitely worth setting your game up again

This serena overhaul looks promising, but nothing I would base my playthrough on, though ?

Love Slaves aka MiasLair I do know and and do remember that the female followers become annoying fast. On the other hand there is Andrew but I do not remember him, so is he worth a shot or can you point me to other dominant followers with a focus on quests?

I am not the biggest fan of custom followers if their mods do not add anything gameplay- or story-wise and are just commentary, as they often break or do not work well with some LL stuff or break combat difficulty.

But AHO is on my to-do list now, thx.

4 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

slaverun right now not in development

Captured dreams was pulled down ... there is no longer a version downloadable..

BAC is somewhat in development

DCL is no as V9 in LE usable and there is an older mod Rubber Facility in redevelopment.

Also Public whore is a mod in early development.

Shout like a virgin will be usable in the future with the new Toys Framework and when it is releases this weekend everyone can have alternatives to dd

a month later it should get a rerelease under SSE if i got that right ...

So basically nothing new ? Can you tell me if there is new stuff to be found in DCL, like new quests or mechanics, or are the new versions just polishing? Honestly I do not care much about 5 new plugs... In my experience all the radiant stuff like random traps get old fast.

As for Shout Like A Virgin, it seems just like the years before, with re-releases for holiday stuff :classic_rolleyes: 

Both mods are in my oppinion more pain (setup, tweaking) then gain and I tended to remove both sooner then later and replaced them with lighter alternatives.

Rubber facility is noted, as I did not play the old outdated version for compatibilties sake.

2 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

Bet O/P came in at the end of the last episode of "Twin Peaks - The Return"  series and said what did I miss?

For LE - Green Tea ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/greentea-v1-3-2-27747981  ), lots of little and useful SKSE plugins bundled into one.

or

For SE - Face Discoloration Fix ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441 ) - A cunning fix for black face for people too lazy to get their mod load order right.

You bet ? 

Thx for you tips, but I am a minimalist when it comes to UI :D - no floating dmg or minimap for me and my load orders are fine (after tweaking them for too many hours).

30 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

This serena overhaul looks promising, but nothing I would base my playthrough on, though ?

True, the Mod is super but the downside would be a bit of an immersion kill if you don't play that kind of character she describes you to be. I run it later as some sort of redemption ark for my Pc.

30 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

Love Slaves aka MiasLair I do know and and do remember that the female followers become annoying fast. On the other hand there is Andrew but I do not remember him, so is he worth a shot or can you point me to other dominant followers with a focus on quests?

Andrew is something for himself as i've heard. Sorry for infos on him you have to go to the Mod Site, i didn't get to play with him before i fucked up things and had to redo my game^^

Play mostly male Pc also, but as far as i saw he seem to become more and more this Mods most promising Feature.

15 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

dcl has more items the storyline about the dollmaker was continued and we have now a bondageinn in Riverwood ^^

Noted, but I think DCL stays last on my list and I may add it later - it is just too intrusive and extensive...

15 hours ago, Gukahn said:

True, the Mod is super but the downside would be a bit of an immersion kill if you don't play that kind of character she describes you to be. I run it later as some sort of redemption ark for my Pc.

Andrew is something for himself as i've heard. Sorry for infos on him you have to go to the Mod Site, i didn't get to play with him before i fucked up things and had to redo my game^^

Play mostly male Pc also, but as far as i saw he seem to become more and more this Mods most promising Feature.

Thx, I will ask about Andrew in the mod thread.

so guys i downloaded skyrim special edition and i couldn't start it with the mods i wanted there were just too many problems which needed to be solved, i tried but still i couldn't fix everything so which skyrim version is the best for mods like which version will not make me spent 10+ hours on trying to fix mods so i can start and play the game, basically which version is the most compatible with mods please tell me :D thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, azaria777 said:

so guys i downloaded skyrim special edition and i couldn't start it with the mods i wanted there were just too many problems which needed to be solved, i tried but still i couldn't fix everything so which skyrim version is the best for mods like which version will not make me spent 10+ hours on trying to fix mods so i can start and play the game, basically which version is the most compatible with mods please tell me :D thanks in advance.

As the attorneys would say, "asked and answered."

Honestly, it's tough to get a legal version of Skyrim LE now so you need to get used to SE (this is coming from and LE user). After you look at the thread I gave you will find another thread in the same forum which describes how to get started with SE. You might want to look at that also.

@Psalam Thanks for the answer my guy,  so i just have to start over from scratch and it will either work or won't work, files that say are for skyrim se still had form 43 mods on them and i needed to convert them but still after so many erros and stuff couldn't start the game like its agony, i have to go through it again now, fml. i don't even have enough space to back up the game so i have to redownload it for 3rd time now. too many complicated stuff. with nobody to help its really hard, every guide says something different and does differently :( 

I was reluctant to make the move to SE, also. However, I made the decision to do so last week and I have to say it was very much worth it. The most annoying part was getting SMP physics setup like I wanted. Once that was done, I have to say SE is hands-down better than Oldrim in everyway...IMHO. I also think that SE is now the better looking game with ENBs like Silent Horizons and Rudy. Excellent and refined body mods like CBBE SMP, CBBE 3BA, and BHUNP are just icing on the cake.

If you have trouble starting out, just follow AyIis's tutorial linked by Psalam above. For my part, I won't be going back to LE, unless Bethesda irreparably breaks some compatibility with certain mods in the future...which is always a distinct possibility.  

I haven't gone back to LE for a 2 years at least now.

A few questions I have:

1. Skyrim SE has 3bbb and CBBE SMP. Does Skyrim LE have something similar? I usually go with CBBE body along with physics so any direction will be awesome.

2. I'm switching over to Nemesis for animations. Unfortunately, I am also into creature animations. Is Nemesis good for any sexlab mod? I heard you also need FNIS for creature animations. How do I make sure they work together on Mod Organizer 2? I tried to figure out the output thing but it is still something my brain can't comprehend...

3. I heard or at least read on Sinitar's Modding Guides that LE is more stable and less of a headache compared to SE. Reason I switched to SE was because I heard SE is more stable and has less crashes due to it being updated and all. Although modding SE was a real pain in the ass and a torture process. Is is true LE is still better than SE in modding besides the ENB features?

Judging on the answers I get, I will start modding on either one.

1) LE has SMP, but works far worse than in SE. In LE I had regular crashes when I had SMP clothing (1 freaking skirt), I actually stopped using SMP.

2) I tried Namesis once, never could create anims with it, as the creation never finished. As I also use creature anims, I didn't bother trying to learn/fix it, I just stick to FNIS, works fine. If Nemesis will support creatures, I may take another look at it, everyone seems amazed by it.

3) No idea, but what I got playing in SE is much less scriptlag and so way more stable game. I usually go with 200+ esps (close to 300 with SKSE and ESL), so I have a lot of scripts running.

I don't write mods (except for some fiddling with xEdit or textures), so I don't know how easy or hard to mod. IMHO SE is better and slowly but surely will be the primary Skyrim for players/modders.

14 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

1) LE has SMP, but works far worse than in SE. In LE I had regular crashes when I had SMP clothing (1 freaking skirt), I actually stopped using SMP.

2) I tried Namesis once, never could create anims with it, as the creation never finished. As I also use creature anims, I didn't bother trying to learn/fix it, I just stick to FNIS, works fine. If Nemesis will support creatures, I may take another look at it, everyone seems amazed by it.

3) No idea, but what I got playing in SE is much less scriptlag and so way more stable game. I usually go with 200+ esps (close to 300 with SKSE and ESL), so I have a lot of scripts running.

I don't write mods (except for some fiddling with xEdit or textures), so I don't know how easy or hard to mod. IMHO SE is better and slowly but surely will be the primary Skyrim for players/modders.

Thanks for the reply mate! Guess I can stick with SE after all then :)

I realize this has probably been asked like a million times before but I am extraordinarily late to the party and I dont even know how to install mods for either t, but when I start, I am pretty sure I will install some adult mods at some point, so I would like to ask which one is ultimately better for this purpose. 

17 minutes ago, Chris2999 said:

I realize this has probably been asked like a million times before but I am extraordinarily late to the party and I dont even know how to install mods for either t, but when I start, I am pretty sure I will install some adult mods at some point, so I would like to ask which one is ultimately better for this purpose. 

Oh my, that's been discussed since SE was released. So, if you ask 50 people which one is "ultimately better", you'll get 50 different reasons why it'S one or the other ^^

I personally would suggest two things:

1) use Skyrim SE (the newer one), as the engine is upgraded to support x64, which helps a lot in case of stability/robustness.

2) Start learning to install mods from the ground up. Adult mods can be some of the most complex mods to install, so maybe start simple with some texture relplacers. Learn how to use all the needed tools like a mod manager and play your gamelike that. If you have some routine you can go on to the more complex mods.

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

LE has more mods in generall

That's only partly true, as most mods out there can be converted quite easily, especially with the Cathedral Assets Optimizer. The only mods that have problems are those with a SKSE .dll plugin or those that utilize the old NiO API for body transformation by script. And even many of those already got converted.

Many new mods are released directly for both versions, some even only for SE.

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

That's only partly true, as most mods out there can be converted quite easily, especially with the Cathedral Assets Optimizer. The only mods that have problems are those with a SKSE .dll plugin or those that utilize the old NiO API for body transformation by script. And even many of those already got converted.

Many new mods are released directly for both versions, some even only for SE.

Yeah, sorry I forgot about those mods. The new Mods are more present on the nexus and not here on ll.

I would say Se is easier? Not ultimately better then LE, if you know what you are doing LE can be as stable as SE, but easier in general. With LE i would have crashes with fewer mods i have now in SE and i have maybe.. 1 CTD once every few days? And most of the time because i fucked something up myself in game reither then doing something to my load order.

But that was in a time i never bothered reading or searching for fixes and tweaks. If i did in the past what i am doing now, maybe i would still be on LE.