[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

On 10/12/2018 at 1:55 AM, Terabyte272 said:

Which thing do I need to download to get bnb I tried earlier but got confused...... At least I got cbbe working just wondering how to get bnb to work with it

You need BnB animations, like these:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35047

That package contains everything, body and clothes, but you don't need them, you only need animations, the .kf files under meshes\character\_male etc.etc.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:50 AM, A.J. said:

When the body moves in a different way compared to the cloth, usually it's a problem with the weighting, body and cloth have a different weight. You should try to copy the weight again, then if it doesn't solve you should try to correct it manually in OS. If that dress is something made by someone else and not you, it could be that their body was quite different than yours and the problem was not much noticiable for them.

Yes you right this clothing did not support some of the weight of my new body i had to deal with the body by hand thank you me very much?

ScreenShot3.bmp

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, so i got small problem with this one BASIC UNDERWEAR, in bodyslide everything looks fine, but in game i got this fallout basic undies and i dont know how to remove/replace it, any help? how is this file named? where is located exacly?

i dont have problem with underwear existance, but undies not matching with skin for CBBE body

On 11/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, SCAR93 said:

Hello, so i got small problem with this one BASIC UNDERWEAR, in bodyslide everything looks fine, but in game i got this fallout basic undies and i dont know how to remove/replace it, any help? how is this file named? where is located exacly?

i dont have problem with underwear existance, but undies not matching with skin for CBBE body

I'm going to say it's a texture that you need to replace for the default female body. Reinstall the CBBE body and nude textures and it should fix it.

Alright, so I made the Type3 Cali compatible with BodySlide, using the same sliders as the CBBE (very easy). The problem starts now, with the skeleton.

I tried using the AppleJam skeleton but then I get issues with Sexout, so I tried the beta skeleton you made. This one is compatible with Sexout but not with the PipBoy Readius mod that I use so the PipBoy doesn't show. So I tried (I don't know if this was a good idea I'm very noob) using the skeleton found in the meshes folder that comes bundled with Sexout but I also get distortion issues on the outfits in-game.

I tried so many things and I'm not even sure of what I'm doing anymore...

19 minutes ago, Acies33 said:

Alright, so I made the Type3 Cali compatible with BodySlide, using the same sliders as the CBBE (very easy). The problem starts now, with the skeleton.

I tried using the AppleJam skeleton but then I get issues with Sexout, so I tried the beta skeleton you made. This one is compatible with Sexout but not with the PipBoy Readius mod that I use so the PipBoy doesn't show. So I tried (I don't know if this was a good idea I'm very noob) using the skeleton found in the meshes folder that comes bundled with Sexout but I also get distortion issues on the outfits in-game.

I tried so many things and I'm not even sure of what I'm doing anymore...

AppleJam is the skeleton included in Sexout itself, so I guess you had the same issue with those twos. However, I'm not sure why you're having issues with it. What kind of distortion you're having, could I see a screenshot?

Also, very important: in BS / OS, there's a setting in some window, where you can decide which skeleton will be used. This skeleton must be setted as AppleJam, or it'll cause distortion (I think I packaged it inside BS / OS, just to be sure, but could you please double check the setting?)

The Beta skeleton is the AppleJam + some extra features. I don't think it has incompatibilities with Readius itself, I more think it has an issue with pipboys in general (AAAAAAHHHHhhhh!!!) so I just need to move my lazy back from Boston back in the Mojave and correct it, damn me.

By the way, I think KoolHndLuke already made a T3 Cali.

Alright, I think I fixed it. The skeleton that was in my mesh folder was the one that comes with Sexout and the default skeleton that I was using was the one you bundled with BodySlide, for some reason (maybe I messed up something myself) the outfits distorted in-game( when I mean distorted I mean like stretched out very far from the body). I downloaded the applejam from here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3058-apple-jam-skeleton-fonv/

and replaced both the BodySlide skeleton and the one in the mesh folder. Now it works, thanks ^^

it's an issue that happened to me too, not with BS but even with common meshes, when working in Blender. I used to re-doing all the rigging part, copying weights, injecting skeleton, re-export, and this was working. I never narrowed down EXACTLY the cause, I asked to other modders who had similar issues from time to time but they too couldn't tell me why this was happening.

I THINK it's still related with skeletons... Can you use Blender? if it's so, I'd suggest to open the mesh with it, remove the skeleton and reinject it, then export, to see if it solves. I know it comes from BS but it would be just a way to see what happens.

Alright, for now I'll try to fix it myself, tomorrow I will PM you if you don't mind.

Edit: I found a much easier "fix". After building the outfit in BS, go to the path where you saved the mesh, load it again in BS, then, load the default body you're using (in my case, type3 cali) set the body as reference, and copy the bone weights, then export to .nif without the reference, and the "bug/issue" gets fixed. I've tested it for 5 minutes and there's no issue equipping and unequipping the outfit, using custom pipboy or using Sexout.

2 hours ago, Acies33 said:

Alright, for now I'll try to fix it myself, tomorrow I will PM you if you don't mind.

Edit: I found a much easier "fix". After building the outfit in BS, go to the path where you saved the mesh, load it again in BS, then, load the default body you're using (in my case, type3 cali) set the body as reference, and copy the bone weights, then export to .nif without the reference, and the "bug/issue" gets fixed. I've tested it for 5 minutes and there's no issue equipping and unequipping the outfit, using custom pipboy or using Sexout.

I always save the nif in NifSkope when I have that problem and it fixes it. You just load the nif and save it- problem gone.

Edit; Tried doing this for the nif in BodySlide shape data folder before I converted it and the nif that is produced through BodySlide was messed up too. So, it looks like some adjustment needs to be made to BS to solve this problem. I will try saving the nif in NifSkope after a conversion in Outfit Studio to see if it works.

Edit 2; The problem is definitely BodySlide. The nifs if produces for some outfits is causing the problems that you mentioned. Again, I solve this by saving the nif in NifSkope after building the outfit- the one in the game made by BS, not the nif in the shape data folder of BS.

14 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I always save the nif in NifSkope when I have that problem and it fixes it. You just load the nif and save it- problem gone.

Edit; Tried doing this for the nif in BodySlide shape data folder before I converted it and the nif that is produced through BodySlide was messed up too. So, it looks like some adjustment needs to be made to BS to solve this problem. I will try saving the nif in NifSkope after a conversion in Outfit Studio to see if it works.

Edit 2; The problem is definitely BodySlide. The nifs if produces for some outfits is causing the problems that you mentioned. Again, I solve this by saving the nif in NifSkope after building the outfit- the one in the game made by BS, not the nif in the shape data folder of BS.

I will try that, then, since it looks quicker than my "method".

Edit: Trying the Nifskope method breaks the outfit for me, and it's invisible in-game. ?

17 hours ago, Acies33 said:

I will try that, then, since it looks quicker than my "method".

Edit: Trying the Nifskope method breaks the outfit for me, and it's invisible in-game. ?

Have a chance to try the "Sanitize" option on the top menu of nifskope?

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Have a chance to try the "Sanitize" option on the top menu of nifskope?

Which options from sanitize should I use?

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, need to look at the nif to see what is going on. What outfit are you trying to convert? I want to try a conversion myself and see if I have the same problems.

The outfits I ported from Overwatch, I can send you the meshes if you want to look at them.

23 hours ago, Acies33 said:

Here are two meshes I ported that "work" after aplying the method I mentioned in post #217 if you want to look at them.

Widowmaker.nif

WidowmakerNoire.nif

Hello gato piloto, they work for me too, at first sight everything seems in the right place. Could you send me a broken mesh instead? If I could understand what's going on maybe I could prevent it too.

Also, I'm thinking that if you do what you did in post 217 on the nif file inside \Data\Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData, you could correct the issue from the source file, and the new meshes generated inside BS could be OK

18 hours ago, A.J. said:

Hello gato piloto, they work for me too, at first sight everything seems in the right place. Could you send me a broken mesh instead? If I could understand what's going on maybe I could prevent it too.

Also, I'm thinking that if you do what you did in post 217 on the nif file inside \Data\Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData, you could correct the issue from the source file, and the new meshes generated inside BS could be OK

Me encantan los gatos y los tigres? siempre los uso de avatar.

The mesh "breaks" when I open and save it on Nifskope (those meshes I sent will break if you do that). The problem about correcting the issue from the source file is that it loses the ability to bodyshape, I don't care that much about it but I'm planning on releasing those outfits, and I know people like to shape them to whatever they want. But if I keep getting trouble I will just release the outfits for type3, or release two versions, the broken bodyslide one (with a warning, of course, and instructions in how to fix) and the working one.