SexoutNG - Beta (2.10.93b10) release thread

Note that (as I've said 2-3 times now) the filenames that exist now are not 'final'. There are a few I still need to manually rename and move. If you're planning to do something like Amra did and overwrite the sexout files -- just don't. Very soon there will be a way for plugins to register their own animations with sexout, along with some way for players to choose which ones they want to enable and disable.

If you want to specifically replace some of the older animations that's fine, just send me the files and tell me which animation # they are intended to replace. Note that I won't replace a blowjob with a doggy style animation, or a doggy style with a cowgirl, or even a standing blowjob with a kneeling one for example -- the sexual position and overall 'style' (fast/slow violent/polite) must be the same, because some mods specifically call for certain animations by # to fit the 'mood' of the scene.

(No no beta yet).

Just wanted to let everyone know I found the source of the broken vibrator key and after a short discussion with DoctaSax, it will be working again when the new beta IS here. For a while, sexout has intentionally disabled the vibrator whenever Lust is active in the load order. Chase (original Lust author) was handling that himself along with some kind of interaction with SCR. However that functionality is now gone from Lust, SCR, or both.

The check for lust has been removed, and in the next beta, vibrator will again work.

2.10.93Beta1 in OP

Changes:

- Unified fnSexoutActRun and fnSexoutActRunFull. The first one now calls the second.

- Both use preemptive locking on the actors. (lock race fix 1/2).

- The indefinite wait for unlock in the quest interface is gone, will now fail with a SAN error as before. (lock race fix 2/2).

- Vibrator key lust check override removed, vibrator key again working.

- The scanner no longer includes actors with the 'ghost' flag set.

- fnSexoutActRunFull (and thus fnSexoutActPrep/Set/Run) will abort on actors with the 'ghost' flag set.

- A system for 3rd party plugins to register animations is now in place, though incomplete.

I intended to hold off on releasing this beta until the animation registration system was complete, but given the nature of the bugs fixed (again) with regard to locking and the impact those bugs and fixes can have on players, I decided to get the first beta out early.

FOR PLAYERS

This release should eliminate many of the "stuck actor" issues some of you have been experiencing in Tryout and Working Girl. I've tested it myself in a standalone test ESP, and sent it to Loogie for further testing. He reports a-ok.

FOR MODDERS

In the wake of the v92 release an the "Amra Plugin" debacle, Odessa and I began some long overdue work to add support to sexout for mods to provide and register their own animations, without requiring any intervention on my part such as assigning animation ranges and so on. The first half of this work is complete, and in this beta. This is why the ESM size has grown so much.

I am NOT documenting it here because it's not yet finished, Odessa and I are still testing. I don't expect any "big" changes, but just in case, I'd prefer people refrain from using it. In the mean time, familiarize yourself with NX_GetQVEVFl as you'll need it, in addition to a UDF call and some arrays to make use of this functionality.

Animators can still send me their KF files for inclusion directly into sexout, but if you intend to make many of them, you can create a plugin and release your own "pack" and not wait on me for fixes or updates. Still TBD:

- Register the ZAZ animations.

- Rewrite the random picker to use the system.

- Create MCM menus to enable/disable animations.

- Write actual usage documentation.

- Update IDLEs to use NX_GetQVEVFl.

- Things I forgot to put on this list.

I want to give everyone some time to test the current beta and make sure it's fixing their issues with Tryout/WG before updating, but as a heads up for any modders not watching the scripting 101 thread, beta2 will have this as reflected by the OP:

- fnSexoutGetReady UDF. Returns 1 if sexout is ready, 0 if not.

- SexoutNG.bSexoutReady is now ALWAYS 0. This will stop plugins that use it from working until they are updated.

Any modders who want an early version of beta2, PM me and I'll send it to you. This will let you update your code for it before any users can download it, if this change will cause your mod to stop functioning.

Sorry I'm just an update/modding whore, I seldom actually play the game, I like my bugs to be the latest bugs, no problems in my 10min of testing my mods :)

Hah I haven't played in.. forever. Only saves I have are all level 1 PC in goodsprings, again.

Does the bSexoutReady thing affect you? A few posts up, in yellow.

60 downloads... well? Tryout/WG issues fixed? Other issues introduced? Gonna just keep quiet until it goes release and then bitch about problems like last time? *ducks*

That seems to be the style around here.

I've gotten zero errors like I and others were getting before the update.

Sorry I'm just an update/modding whore, I seldom actually play the game, I like my bugs to be the latest bugs, no problems in my 10min of testing my mods :)

Hah I haven't played in.. forever. Only saves I have are all level 1 PC in goodsprings, again.

Does the bSexoutReady thing affect you? A few posts up, in yellow.

No I've never used it in anything of mine as I pretty much try not to start any of my stuff for 9 seconds after game load so assume everything else is up and going by then :)

2.10.93Beta2 in OP

Changes:

- fnSexoutGetReady UDF. Returns 1 if sexout is ready, 0 if not.

- SexoutNG.bSexoutReady is now ALWAYS 0. This will stop plugins that use it from working until they are updated.

- About half the ZAZ animations are in the registry.

- New weighted erect male meshes, courtesy of AJ.

- New reset KF which will reset the penis bone, courtesy of AJ.

The nude mesh is the standard sexout erect breezes, with the penis weighted by AJ to work with Amras animations. For testing, it replaces both the standard nude male mesh AND the sexout male bodysuit, so it should be used regardless of your Sexout MCM bodysuit setting.

If you're using Roberts, uninstall it, or expect to see screwed up male textures.

This is a fomod-ready 7z, just install it as a package with fomm/nmm/whatever.

Sorry for the question but, as already said, I need to understand well things written in english.

Does this mean that, even if I have installed your 2.8.83 Data and 1.0.0 Bodies, this new Beta Core allows me to install and use(*) Amra's Animation Pack 0.42?

*) Without strange problems, of course.

No.

Thanks.

Another question, a bit off topic, sorry.

There is a way set the gender preferences "individually" (possibly by console)? I'm thinking on a sort of command like forceAV.

I ask this because in the vanilla game there are already some charachters with their own gender preference (like Veronica lesbian, Arcade gay and so on) and some mods here, like SexoutSpunk and Lust, take count of this for the character approaching the player.

In fact, Veronica approaches my female counterpart when her Lust is high enough, Cass doesn't, Arcade doesn't, Boone yes, etc, etc.

It would be a great feature to have the availability of an individual setting, mainly thinking on custom characters added by other mods.

I believe there is a list in Sexout for those things you are asking about. The character would have to be added to the list (through GECK perhaps FNVedit) then they would respond accordingly. Again.. I believe.. it is there. Not sure . still learning my way around that dam GECK. It would be faster if it wouldn't crash so dam often. Oh well. At least I haven't hurt the mods in my game yet.

Console would likely require someone adding it to their mod/or create a new mod if it is even possible.

Can you elaborate? What problems remain then, in using Amra's animations?

I didn't say anything about the animations, they'll work with the new body, but alignment is going to be off. I was asked about the plugin/mod, which is what overwrites the sexout files. That's not going to work again unless someone fixes it.

Odessa has a replacement in the works, but it will not work the same way. Nothing will be 'replaced' within sexout.

No.

Thanks.

Another question, a bit off topic, sorry.

There is a way set the gender preferences "individually" (possibly by console)? I'm thinking on a sort of command like forceAV.

It can be done by a plugin, or via the console manually.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8655-sexoutng-beta-21093b2-release-thread/?p=1066691

I don't think I've updated the wiki with that information yet.

2.10.93Beta4 in OP

Changes:

- Round 1/2 of array assignment fixup.

- Top level NG anim idle group and male masturbation now using NX vars rather than tokens.

This is a fomod-ready 7z, just install it as a package with fomm/nmm/whatever.

Beta4 should resolve the nvse bloat issue.. really this time. This one does not have Odessa's fix in it yet, but beta5 will. I need some additional testing on this before I implement that, just so I can make sure that the issue is in fact resolved, since the next round will 'mask' this fix.