SexoutNG - Beta (2.10.93b10) release thread

Without the SO debug enabled.. well.. you know.. heh. ;)

Yeah... I do.

Where is your script being called from? Importantly, is it in an ever problematic quest or dialog result script? I ask because there is a rare but possible edge case with the prep/set/run UDFs in those cases that I've tried to keep everyone aware of, that isn't present in any of the other interfaces (including fullrun).

Either a quest (for the player) or spell script (for NPCs). I was very much aware of the result script issue.

I had a report in pm about 'crash on dialog start' too, btw, similar to what's reported in the other thread.

Actually, I have the 2.8.90 Stable Version (from the main thread), and, of course, the required data files, correctly installed and working.

I wish to try this Beta one but I saw that the attached file is Sexout.esm, so the same exactly name of the stable one.

In the OP here:

You DO still need BOTH DOWNLOADS from the main thread INSTALLED

But, if I install this, the original one should be overwritten. Have I misunderstood something?

You need to install core and data (non beta) and then install whatever is here, be that an ESM (like now) or a fomod over the top of it. That admonishment is there because there were people in the past who thought if they installed the beta they didn't also need core and data.

They do because the beta does not typically include all the assets those fomods provide, like the animation files, nude bodies, etc.

Edit: I've adjusted the part you quoted to try and make it more clear. At least someone is reading the damn thing, which is a step forward.

As an alien I didn't think you'd be afraid of 100. At the rate I'm actually getting *future* things done, we'll still be on 2.8 until rev 150. ;)

Fear... no.. hopeful thinking yes :D

However you have to admit development has been moving faster in the recent months. Unless something is wrong with time in my spaceship.. :P

After resorting that file it doesn't even look like it was run with beta5, but the NGMAIN output says it was. I don't know what to say now. It looks like something has either canceled/dispelled the call sorter before the ScriptEffectUpdate block is ever run, or some mod has overridden the sexout actor validation UDF and broken it. I suggest you either look in FNVEdit for any potential edits to the sexout ESM (there should be none), or just start disabling plugins until you find the one that is to blame.

Yeah, I thought he might be opening them to delete the old contents or something since they all have the same name, but he said earlier he wasn't opening them. I don't know how the old contents are being removed if that's the case.

*shakes fist at bethesda, again*

\r\n vs \n\r, the difference could save your life! Or at least your logfile.

Bah kaine, this one came out goofy. It might have everything I need, but it's all on one line again. Did you do something different with copying/uploading/making the file?

AutoSCOF puts every generated printout into 1 file and I forgot to delete the last printout before generating the new one, so I tried to edit out the extra data instead of redoing it. Let that be a lesson to me not to be lazy.

After resorting that file it doesn't even look like it was run with beta5, but the NGMAIN output says it was. I don't know what to say now. It looks like something has either canceled/dispelled the call sorter before the ScriptEffectUpdate block is ever run, or some mod has overridden the sexout actor validation UDF and broken it. I suggest you either look in FNVEdit for any potential edits to the sexout ESM (there should be none), or just start disabling plugins until you find the one that is to blame.

FNVEdit is coming up clean. Before I resort to disabling things I'm gonna redo the test and get you something readable.

Sorry for the extended delay in feedback, I had to go to work.

2.8.91Beta6 in OP

Changes:

- Sexual orientation overhaul

This adds some changes discussed in another thread to how sexouts orientation system works, and adds some UDFs for modders. Instead of a simple hetro/bi/homo setting for the player and (as a default for) NPCs, the value is now a floating point number ranging from -1 to +1. -1 is homosexual, 0 is bisexual, +1 is hetrosexual. Numbers elswhere on the numberline between the extremes indicate varying degrees of preference.

For example, 0.5 indicates 75% hetrosexual tendencies, as it's 25% from being fully hetrosexual. Likewise -0.5 indicates a 75% tendency towards homosexuality. 0 is bisexual/no preference, being between the two extremes.

Three UDFs have been introduced for mods to use, and some NX vars.

Sexout default values (NX vars)

The default orientation for NPCs, set by the player via MCM, is stored in two NX vars on the player. "Sexout:DefaultOrientation::Male" and "Sexout:DefaultOrientation::Female". Mods should NOT adjust these values -- they are player preferences for the gameworld as a whole, set via MCM.

Per-actor values

The orientation of a specific character, including the player, is read or written via UDFs.

call fnSexoutGetOrientation rTarget -- Returns the value stored for that particular character.

call fnSexoutSetOrientationFl rTarget fVal -- Sets the orientation of rTarget to fVal. Values outside the range are ignored.

call fnSexoutSetOrientationSt rTarget sVal -- A 'helper' to set extremes, can be called with "hetro", "homo", or "bi" in sVal.

For now I believe this is enough for the system to be put to use in mods. If modders need additional control or features, contact me.

The preexisting sexout quest variables and formlists are no longer used by sexout, though the upgrade script will migrate the settings for the player and the NPC defaults. Before this version goes to release, it will import from the existing lists as well and then clear them, though I do not think any active mods are using them.