SexoutNG - Beta (2.10.93b10) release thread

A new beta (a full new CORE fomod, actually) will be available later today. I'm in the process of getting the missing AP animations setup and in order to do that without duplicating any, I had to find any duplicates of existing KF files. It turns out that there are several hundred duplicates. Many, but not all, are in the ZAZ files.

For example, BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Creature Anims\DeathClaw\DCPilloryRape.kf has 19 copies included in the CORE fomod, with different names. After deleting all the duplicate files I wrote an FNVEdit script to find any IDLE records with missing KFs, and found 165 of them.

I'm in the process of updating all of those IDLEs to use the single KF that now exists rather than the various duplicate files. This will reduce the size of the CORE fomod by about 200KB, even with the AP animations added. Don't panic when you see the new version is smaller, as people sometimes do.

Hah.

Ok the duplicate removal is complete, this has resulted in 18 animations that still have missing files. Three of these are vanilla files or directories contained within a BSA, leaving 15 that are actually missing. 13 of those are ZAZ animations that likely do not work at present due to missing files, the other two are sexout creature files. Here's the list. Anyone who knows where these files are, speak up. If I can't find them, the animations will be disabled in sexout until they're found or replaced.

Some of these are duplicated within the list -- different animations that reference the same missing file. Those are the ones struck through, leaving a total of seven files.

SNGZAZ2000aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ZAZ\Sorted\Roast.kf

SNGZAZSC631bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Creature Anims\DeathClaw\ZAZSP631B.kf

SNGZAZSX157bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX157aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSC611a: creatures\NVMantis\IdleAnims\ZAZSPMantisA.kf

SNG1415a: Creatures\SMSpineBreaker\IdleAnims\FNV_Anim_Project\1415a.kf

StageResetx: creatures\NVSporePlant\IdleAnims\resetidle.kf

SNGZAZSX156bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX156aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSC631b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Creature Anims\DeathClaw\ZAZSP631B.kf

SNGZAZSX157b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX157a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSX156b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX156a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZ2000a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ZAZ\Sorted\Roast.kf

Hah.

Ok the duplicate removal is complete, this has resulted in 18 animations that still have missing files. Three of these are vanilla files or directories contained within a BSA, leaving 15 that are actually missing. 13 of those are ZAZ animations that likely do not work at present due to missing files, the other two are sexout creature files. Here's the list. Anyone who knows where these files are, speak up. If I can't find them, the animations will be disabled in sexout until they're found or replaced.

Some of these are duplicated within the list -- different animations that reference the same missing file. Those are the ones struck through, leaving a total of seven files.

SNGZAZ2000aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ZAZ\Sorted\Roast.kf

SNGZAZSC631bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Creature Anims\DeathClaw\ZAZSP631B.kf

SNGZAZSX157bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX157aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSC611a: creatures\NVMantis\IdleAnims\ZAZSPMantisA.kf

SNG1415a: Creatures\SMSpineBreaker\IdleAnims\FNV_Anim_Project\1415a.kf

StageResetx: creatures\NVSporePlant\IdleAnims\resetidle.kf

SNGZAZSX156bNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX156aNP: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSC631b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Creature Anims\DeathClaw\ZAZSP631B.kf

SNGZAZSX157b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX157a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZSX156b: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryB.kf

SNGZAZSX156a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\BondageAnimations\ZAZ\Sex Anims\Pillory 2p\01PilloryA.kf

SNGZAZ2000a: Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ZAZ\Sorted\Roast.kf

For those interested or who might have a stake in it (people replacing anim files with their mods, for example) here's a full list of the animations that are being removed and the 'main' animation that has taken their place. The organization is a bit off, thanks to whatever sorting algorithm dupeGuru uses, but I'll get that taken care of later.

This is a scriptless standalone html file, created by dupeguru. I thought of reformatting it and just posting it to the thread, but it's hundreds of lines long and few people will actually be interested in it.

Shouldn't there be a data added to this "new fmod" setup since you edited the kf files so things will work, new references etc. ? :huh:

Never mind... ^_^ ... Derp... My bad. Alien brain is just completely fried looking at the GECK and reading and playing around..(with that crashy little bastard).

I just clicked... it doesn't  matter as it would still reference the files that were already there so no problems.. Don't know what I was thinking...

Just a nice new clean and efficient ESM for us to use.. 

Will load it right away..

Yes, exactly. I'm waiting on the full CORE since it's a large download, I don't want to put it up until this stuff is all tested, and I've got all the animations in it from AP. I'm thinking of moving all the animations from CORE to DATA. It's a big download that just isn't updated all that often. It'll be a lot smaller if it's just the plugin files and none of the other cruft.

Yes.. I understand. It took me a few minutes to understand but now I am on track. I though you were working on something like this. It make perfect sense to do this. Now once the original has been downloaded (Animations etc stuff that don't change much) the only thing that needs to be downloaded most of the time would be a simple esm..

Are you also going to add the other textures and meshes (creatures parts etc) as well as sound to data? They don't seem to change that often either. If you are doing that... literally there would be next to nothing left in the "Core" except ESM's and any "loose" files that you are currently working on between new "Data" versions.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes.. taking a break from that pesky GECK and play / learning to focus on this interesting tidbit. :D

Ideally the only things that would be in CORE are the ESMs (current and historical versions), the readme, and the API docs. All the animations, props, and sounds should be in DATA. Originally they were, but then Donkey started churning out so many animations that DATA was constantly getting updated and so... I moved them to CORE. ;)

Now the animation updates are pretty rare and I figure in the future, I can just add NEW ones to CORE as they come in, then once there's a lull again, move them over to data. It's really that or split it into three downloads -- one for the stuff that never changes (bodies basically), one for animations, and one for the plugin files.

I might even do that instead. The bodies really never change, maybe once every 6 months, and they are the largest parts of the download. The T6M BSA is 40M, the Breezes BSA is 112M.

I agree on the bodies as a separate download however suggest that they be separate "T6 Female" and "Breezes Male" downloads. This would give more option for those that only want/need the single body and if there are any fixes there won't be a need to download between 40mb to 112 mbs again they would only have to download the new version of the body of choice.

Ok, I *think* I'm about ready to release this beta and start the next one. I haven't gotten as far as I'd like with AP, but the frozen actor bugfix here should really be in release by now, and I have a feeling that the AP stuff is going to take longer than expected.

I've set up six of the AP animations so far. Only two are working correctly after some editing.

Non-working:

610 : DoggyDynamicGive/DoggyDynamicTake. I fixed a looping issue with these, but the actors float above the ground. The animations are intended for use on beds of a fixed height. The sexout code to adjust vertical offset is only working on the male side for some reason. The sexout code to rotate an actor 180deg is not working either.

611 : DoggySpecialidleGive / DoggySpecialIdleTake. Same as 610, in fact, animation looks identical. Same problems as 610 as well with vertical offset.

715 : GiveStandingFromBehind / GetStandingFromBehind. Same 180deg rotation issue as the other two.

Working with offsets adjusted.

716 : GiveBarrow / GetBarrow

717 : GiveStandingBackward / TakeStandingBackward

Note: NONE of them are yet in the random picker. I need more test feedback first.

-------------

I'm going to do a trial run with the download split into three as described.

- "SexoutNG Bodies" is just the T6M and Breezes BSAs from DATA.

- "SexoutNG Data" is the existing DATA with the bodies removed, and meshes/textures/sounds/anims from core added.

- "SexoutNG Core" is the three plugin files (Sexout, slavery, zaz), the historical plugin backups, and docs.

All together there's no real difference in size. Bodies is 38M, Data is 45M, Core is 345K. The big difference will be in the following releases. Core is the most frequently updated and will remain small. For example ALL the AP anims are already in the new DATA, so as I get them aligned and added to the random picker, a new DATA download will not be required. If any need adjusted, or new anims are added, I will add them to CORE first to keep the download small and only move them to DATA as CORE grows larger than I think it should be (say 3-5 MB).

I'll give y'all a chance to comment before making the release, especially with better ideas on how to organize the downloads, or bugs in the current beta NOT present in the current release. Other than the masturbation key thing. I'll get that figured out but it's not high enough priority to delay the release.

ALSO for anyone who feels up to it, the ZAZ textures are a huge part of the downloads. The new DATA fomod is about 180M uncompressed, and 55M of that is in the ZAZ textures. Another 60M is in the ZAZ models. Anyone who feels up to the challenge, if you can reduce the size of those files without significantly reducing their quality, I'd be most appreciative.

I agree on the bodies as a separate download however suggest that they be separate "T6 Female" and "Breezes Male" downloads. This would give more option for those that only want/need the single body and if there are any fixes there won't be a need to download between 40mb to 112 mbs again they would only have to download the new version of the body of choice.

I'll think about this.

The FOMOD installer already provides the option to not install breezes at all, and neither of them has any loose files that conflict with any other body. If you want to install your own bodies, you can, and you don't need to download and install the sexout bodies fomod at all.

This is already a big win vs the current system, where you need DATA, even if you don't want the bodies.

If you don't download the sexout bodies though, you do still need to provide a nude male bodysuit NIF in the appropriate place. I will likely resurrect the MCM option to not use bodysuits to eliminate this issue.

Yea I forgot about the installer option that would likely be added to the body download ... sorry.. Was working on seeing if I was able to find some way to compress those files you requested and perhaps some others (Breezes and T6)

So far I can't tell the difference. ... 

Some test.

Keep in mind I just now started / learned how to view DDS files.. :D This only covers the Textures but that is at least something.. I just started messing around with textures and being able to see what each one was etc. Haven't even started to work with Meshes yet so have no clue on how / what to do to make those smaller.

Added Breezes, T6M.. to boot.

Hope those can be of use. If not .. at least I tried to help.. :D

The body fomod does already have the same choice that the existing data fomod has -- it always installs the T6M BSA, but only installs the breezes BSA if you tell it to. Most people should just download and install it all, to get a configuration that is known to work -- and then install their (loose) female and/or male bodies as normal, just like they do now, if they want different ones. Personally the only thing I install after the sexout bodies are replacement nude female textures, since there's really not a "good" female nude texture available that I can include in sexout.

Some time tomorrow I'll upload all this new stuff, unless there are objections.

I'll check out the textures you've provided, thanks! I thought some of them could be dramatically shrunk just by reducing the resolution. The ballgag texture for instance is 929x929 and 4MB -- for something that rarely, if ever, takes up more than what? 20x20 on screen? Shrinking that one and similar high-detail small items to 256x256 or smaller is the first thing that came to mind.

What did you do with the ones you modified?

If you are talking about how .. I used a program. Not too sure about how to run it but it does drastically seem to shrink the files like you stated. I can send it via PM just to keep some other members from running it on their game folder ... which for some reason is the default procedure. Imagine screwing that up.. :dodgy:

As for the textures it is in a link above your post. here . I just copied the files from my SexoutNG install and ran them. Might have some things int here that you were interested in optimizing but it should give a excellent example of what was done and what can be done. Let me know if you want the link to the program.

As I have stated before .. not as good as all you other modders and still learning what I can but even if the examples aren't up to snuff perhaps the program can be set up to make it more useful or at the very least give the idea on optimization programs that are all around for Gamebro games.

If this can be done well it can be applied to other "released" mods. that is those that members use on a daily basis with the "raw" or at least original downloadable on request. This can help the bandwidth issues tremendously as you stated many of the files are likely larger than the need to represent on the screen .. well unless perhaps you are using a projector to get your kink on.. :rolleyes:

I see. ;)

I'll take a look at them but I am hesitant to just blindly run some program on them and then send them out in the world without looking at them all in game first to make sure the quality hasn't been reduced too much, and to see that they still actually work. ;)

Yes. Exactly. I can PM you the program name I used as well. There are a few settings if the examples are good but not quite what you are looking for. Also I have tried the Breeze and T6 and can't see any differences in my game so far. Also using the DDS viewer they look about the same from what I can see so far.

Hope it helps out :angel:

If you install the new version of sexout (release version), when it installs there's a file inside. Data/SexoutNGDocs/dupes.html.

These are 100% duplicate identical files, not just different speeds or anything like that. I used dupeGuru to find and delete them, and it also created that HTML file. It has entries in it that look like this:

• 01Pillory3pB.kf
    • 05Pillory3pB.kf
    • 01PillorySX3pB.kf
    • 02PillorySX3pB.kf
    • 02PilloryNSXB.kf
That means 01Pillory3pB.kf was kept, the other four were deleted. I edited the ESM to change any anims that were referencing those four to reference the top level one.