Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Having a small issue with 5.2 and 3BA. 

The catsuit is NOT shiny? I downloaded the 3ba sliders pack, and built the meshes and everything, but its super flat. (if I rebuild the Regular version it shines just fine) 
Not sure what Im missing. 

Here is a log of several attempts to get a proper animation with the player wearing a belt (unremovable, the timed belt of DCL) and a yoke, and the other character is a female that has no DD on her.

Result is getting a wrong, unbound, male animation (camilla gets a strapon), then it bugs for a moment, then it jumps to zap-yoke-kissing (and the strapon disappears).

These animations are the result of a failed attempt to ask Camilla to help remove the yoke (in DCL)

The issue with animations bouncing from improper male to proper female exists also after the yoke gets removed and we attempt to proceed for lesbian sex with the belt still on, but that part is not in that log and I can't find it... Oddly enough in that case, in the second consequental time (DCL "thanks" for yoke removal is 3 consequential animation), I get a random animation (could even be a BJ with the player being the one blown), and it gets stuck forever on the first stage

Papyrus.0.log

EDIT:

adding a log of the other case: successful removal - first scene alright, second scene totally botched:

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by thedarkone1234

Is there a way for me to manually tweak the chance of DD's becoming immune to struggling, lockpicking and cutting? the normal difficulty selections just don't do it for me.

Edit: Haven't been able to update my DD so i don't know if there is already such a feature or not.

Edited by titlover123
10 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Here is a log of several attempts ....

Just for a quick note: after quite a bit of playing around with that belt of shame ("unremovable" chastity belt) and playing around in general, I noticed that most filter issues (wrong animation and/or switching animation right after starting) happens when the second character in a scene is a female. There are actually more instances of issues with females even compared to male creatures. Maybe something is amiss there, or maybe some gay/lesbian filter is ignored?

One issue that does happen also with male (humans) though: if they equip an armbinder and a gag on a player wearing a catsuit in a DCL rape sequence, they always fail to start the scene that follows (females fail that too). But that issue might be on the DCL side of things and not on DD's side.

Also after playing a bit of a lenghty time it seems DCL has more script lag than I used to remember, and the only mods I installed since last serious playthrough were textures without "esp"s or scripts. Might be that some new implementation in DD is less optimal with the current version of DCL or something?

So, I just found an edge case with the activation filtering. I store some keys in my horse's inventory in case I get locked up through my mod Peril. That just happened, I got in a fight with a criminal for a companion's fight, he killed my horse, then locked me in a Breast Yoke, and I can't search my dead horse for the restraint keys to unlock me.

Can we change the conditions on the activation filter so we can search dead horses?

Edited by Code Serpent

Copy-paste from DD SE thread:

Found a problem; I can't unequip many DD even if I have the key/manipulated lock (I'm using 5.2 SE Beta 4, and later 5.1 SE)

For a lot of items (collars, harness, etc) I can put them on but if I try to remove them the game treat it as if I never equipped them in the first place. That is, the game only give "Put On" or "Carry On" option.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, R34x said:

Is there a post or some easy to find location that gives links to the latest DD beta and the related bodyslides for different bodies?

Would be nice if it was on the main download page in a collapsed section, or a sticky post at least... If it is, I missed it. Seems like the only way now is just to go through comments page by page.

thanks.

Beta versions of my mods are officially LE only and for the two LE-supported bodies (CBBE and UUNP) only. Zarantha then usually ports them to SE and posts the link here. I will see if I can collect the various links in one place to make them easier to find!

On 4/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, Leoosp said:

@Kimy There's a change in the Pee and Fart modification to the "zadBeltScript.psc" library it's in the download for that mod. The modification was done to an older version series for Devious Devices. I was wondering whether that alteration can be merged into (or made to) an upcoming official, release if @trognog gives permission for it to be included. Specifically the alterations revolve around answering the call of nature, while wearing a chastity belt from DD.

Is it possible please for this to be done?

I removed that stuff from DD a loooooong while ago, after I took over DD from Min. This kind of feature is nothing I want to work on, honestly.

Edited by Kimy
27 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Beta versions of my mods are officially LE only and for the two LE-supported bodies (CBBE and UUNP) only. Zarantha then usually ports them to SE and posts the link here. I will see if I can collect the various links in one place to make them easier to find!

If that explains why I maybe got no feedback on a DCL SE thread request, I'll repost it on DCL LE ?

EDIT: Now Done

Edited by DonQuiWho
On 5/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, thedarkone1234 said:

Now, I noticed some of the existing DD animations come from Billyy, and they are very good, so my question is, assuming his permission to use his animations still stands, would it be possible to add his DD animations to the DD filter in the next versions? (i.e: add anything up to the present now, and maybe add tiny patches to include any new ones whenever they get released)

Thanks! 

I don't really have standing permission to use all of @Billyy animations. They sent me a selection back then to include with DD, which is what I did. I'd gladly add more, but I don't think it would be proper just to lift them from the SLAL pack.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, thedarkone1234 said:

Here is a log of several attempts to get a proper animation with the player wearing a belt (unremovable, the timed belt of DCL) and a yoke, and the other character is a female that has no DD on her.

Result is getting a wrong, unbound, male animation (camilla gets a strapon), then it bugs for a moment, then it jumps to zap-yoke-kissing (and the strapon disappears).

These animations are the result of a failed attempt to ask Camilla to help remove the yoke (in DCL)

The issue with animations bouncing from improper male to proper female exists also after the yoke gets removed and we attempt to proceed for lesbian sex with the belt still on, but that part is not in that log and I can't find it... Oddly enough in that case, in the second consequental time (DCL "thanks" for yoke removal is 3 consequential animation), I get a random animation (could even be a BJ with the player being the one blown), and it gets stuck forever on the first stage

Papyrus.0.log 514.6 kB · 2 downloads

EDIT:

adding a log of the other case: successful removal - first scene alright, second scene totally botched:

Papyrus.0.log 197.29 kB · 0 downloads

There are a few weird things happening in these logs, particularly when it looks like animations triggered by DCL don't bypass the filter completely, as they should. Can you (or anybody else) confirm that animations NOT triggered by DD work correctly? I need to rule out DCL being the problem before I can hope to track this down....

On 5/9/2022 at 7:41 AM, BenstonAnvil said:

Copy-paste from DD SE thread:

Found a problem; I can't unequip many DD even if I have the key/manipulated lock (I'm using 5.2 SE Beta 4, and later 5.1 SE)

For a lot of items (collars, harness, etc) I can put them on but if I try to remove them the game treat it as if I never equipped them in the first place. That is, the game only give "Put On" or "Carry On" option.

Hard to say for sure without a log, but this sounds like broken item states. This tends to happen for multiple devices mostly when the loadorder is changed mid-playthrough, e.g. by uninstalling mods or re-sorting the mods.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, Code Serpent said:

So, I just found an edge case with the activation filtering. I store some keys in my horse's inventory in case I get locked up through my mod Peril. That just happened, I got in a fight with a criminal for a companion's fight, he killed my horse, then locked me in a Breast Yoke, and I can't search my dead horse for the restraint keys to unlock me.

Can we change the conditions on the activation filter so we can search dead horses?

Not sure I understand correctly, but DD isn't supposed to keep you from accessing inventories, including corpses of dead mobs. I have never tried with a dead horse, but I assumed it's just a regular dead actor?

On 5/9/2022 at 6:16 AM, Code Serpent said:

As Kimy said, this is not DD keeping you from delving into containers. Do you have DDE installed? There are several settings to tweak, that might lock you out of anything.

Devious Devices LE 5.2 Beta 6

Changelog from Beta 5:

- Added: Red, White, and Black variants of the chastity belt, chastity bra, arm cuffs, leg cuffs, posture and normal collars. 18 new items in total. The items also have been added to the formlists, so any mod using these to equip random items, will also equip the new ones without having to change anything on their end.
- Changed: Contraptions: The mod now respects the DD-wide toggle for device manipulation. Option to manipulate the locks is no longer offered when the feature is disabled in MCM.
- Fixed: Tightening/untightening devices works reliably now.
- Fixed: Contraptions: After a sex scene, the user is now correctly positioned back into the device.
- Fixed: Contraptions: Passerby actions now display a correct text when triggered for an NPC.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/6Z0GiLpA#hCtINPclbFjCezMTjfYjmRQMtficrc0HrRUxJdmdI7I

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Not sure I understand correctly, but DD isn't supposed to keep you from accessing inventories, including corpses of dead mobs. I have never tried with a dead horse, but I assumed it's just a regular dead actor?

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

As Kimy said, this is not DD keeping you from delving into containers. Do you have DDE installed? There are several settings to tweak, that might lock you out of anything.

Nope, this is definitely caused by the 'zad_BoundActivation' perk, as it blocks activation of anything that has the keyword 'ActorTypeHorse', which includes horse corpses. I'm assuming this was added to prevent player's from riding horses while bound as there aren't any animations for that. I think that adding the condition 'GetDead==0' to the top of the conditions list is all that's needed to fix this.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.71238da10bc0b2acdd32f646a80f5ad9.PNG

Edited by Code Serpent
4 hours ago, Kimy said:

There are a few weird things happening in these logs, particularly when it looks like animations triggered by DCL don't bypass the filter completely, as they should. Can you (or anybody else) confirm that animations NOT triggered by DD work correctly? I need to rule out DCL being the problem before I can hope to track this down....

Do I understand correctly that DCL its own filters that pick up an animation and then bypasses the DD filter completely? In that case, do I understand correctly that even if DD's filters get updated, DCL might be using the "outdated" filters? Because that would actually explain why:

1. There is often failure to find any animations for rape with breast yokes, despite such animation already being present in DD.

2. Female characters that bind the player with an armbinder and gag before raping them ("chance to get tied up" in DCL rape) often immediatly cancel the animation before even starting)

3. "Special" rapes such as the one that occurs when you wear the exhibitionist suit or rubber doll suit often get canceled.

All the above 3 do so without anything about animation selection appearing in the logs (as happens, for example, when a rapist steps on a trap and dies during the process of animation selection. There are huuuuge logs for such stuff).

If I figured correctly, then these 3 errors actually belong in the DCL thread and I shouldn't expect them to be fixed by a DD release but a DCL patch.

Does solicitation in DCL also use the specialized filters? Is there any feature there that lets DD use its own filter? If there is none, what other mods respect DD but also allow easy triggering of scenes?

10 hours ago, Kimy said:

Hard to say for sure without a log, but this sounds like broken item states. This tends to happen for multiple devices mostly when the loadorder is changed mid-playthrough, e.g. by uninstalling mods or re-sorting the mods.

I came here with the same issue, I'm running on AE version of Beta 4 cause i don't know how to port from LE to SE/AE without screwing up a million things but I do have a papyrus log for it which I am going to attach alongside this, I'm not sure whether or not its related to AE version but i noticed it doing this unequip issue with the 5.1 version when a lot of essential mods no longer support pre AE patch, I will also add that in my testing there has been zero Load order changes, this is a fresh modlist that I have been working on and noticed from the start of building it that the unequip function didn't work properly, I also noticed that trying to use the DCL safe word doesn't work whatsoever and the DDE interaction has a 50-50 chance of either working after a few minutes of input or crashing the game altogether

Papyrus.0.log

By the way, after about 30 hours of a playthrough with DCL I didn't ever get restrictive boots (the none-pony variant which is more than thigh high, which is my favorite). Could it be that they bugged out of the leveled lists in the beta versions of DD and cannot appear at random (or maybe they are simply too "far" in the leveled lists and DCL thinks the list is shorter?

16 hours ago, Kimy said:

Found the culprit: It's "No Enchant Restriction SE", It's dll plugin which can be removed without problem mid-game.

Removing that fix the equipping problem.