Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

4 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

If it is that easy, it will save me a lot of work....I spend a week on messing around with the AE Golden saints, Daedra of Cold Harbor an the Daedric Museum of Artifacts. Now I have a lot of sexy powerful potential followers/slaves/playthings an they need some new clothes...

EDIT: Changing that for the deadra of cold harbor races wrecks the body tints....  

@KimyBTW: I'm missing some variants of the boots: red and white Pony play boots, and slave ballet heels heels.   

Are you sure you changed their 'Armor Race', not their 'Morph Race'?

I've ran into an issue and I haven't been able to find a solution to it since I've started working on my modlist, every time I try to unequip any piece whether I manipulated the locks or have a key in inventory they stay on like I never tried to remove them, I've tried using DCL's safeword function and that does nothing at all and using DCE to try and remove each piece has a 50/50 chance of either working after a minute or two or straight up crashing to desktop, I tried reading the Papyrus log and it keeps having trouble sending/ receiving the correct information through the unequip script. I'm Currently in Skyrim AE and I'm using the AE version of the Beta that was uploaded a few posts before this one.

Heres my Loadorder

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
High Poly Head.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm
AHZmoreHUDInventory.esl
SkyUI_SE.esp
Obsidian Weathers.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
FNIS.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
MilkModNEW.esp
S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp
xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
S3DSigns.esp
FNISspells.esp
3BBB.esp
High Poly Head Vampire Fix.esp
HIMBO.esp
RaceMenuMorphsHIMBO.esp
KSHairdosSMP.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
CBBE.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyHUD.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
WetandCold.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Naked Defeat.esp
The Facility.esp
Devious Devices - Equip.esp
SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
MilkModNEW HF.esp
SLSO.esp
NotificationLog.esp
BetterContainerControls.esp
TrueDirectionalMovement.esp
pantiesofskyrim.esp
Arena.esp
S3DRocks.esp
Quick Inventory.esp
Devious Devices SE patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
MoreDeviousStarts.esp

And here's the Papyrus log

Papyrus.2.log

26 minutes ago, tybot866 said:

I've ran into an issue and I haven't been able to find a solution to it since I've started working on my modlist, every time I try to unequip any piece whether I manipulated the locks or have a key in inventory they stay on like I never tried to remove them, I've tried using DCL's safeword function and that does nothing at all and using DCE to try and remove each piece has a 50/50 chance of either working after a minute or two or straight up crashing to desktop, I tried reading the Papyrus log and it keeps having trouble sending/ receiving the correct information through the unequip script. I'm Currently in Skyrim AE and I'm using the AE version of the Beta that was uploaded a few posts before this one.

Heres my Loadorder

Reveal hidden contents

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
High Poly Head.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm
AHZmoreHUDInventory.esl
SkyUI_SE.esp
Obsidian Weathers.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
FNIS.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
MilkModNEW.esp
S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp
xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
S3DSigns.esp
FNISspells.esp
3BBB.esp
High Poly Head Vampire Fix.esp
HIMBO.esp
RaceMenuMorphsHIMBO.esp
KSHairdosSMP.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
CBBE.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyHUD.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
WetandCold.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Naked Defeat.esp
The Facility.esp
Devious Devices - Equip.esp
SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
MilkModNEW HF.esp
SLSO.esp
NotificationLog.esp
BetterContainerControls.esp
TrueDirectionalMovement.esp
pantiesofskyrim.esp
Arena.esp
S3DRocks.esp
Quick Inventory.esp
Devious Devices SE patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
MoreDeviousStarts.esp

And here's the Papyrus log

Papyrus.2.log 200.78 kB · 1 download

Now that we have AE you always always always need to check:

Do you have the right SKSE version installed?

Did you install the right DLL versions for all mods?

It looks like you've got an issue with loading DLLs, which would normally mean a mismatch between game version, skse version, and/or DLL version. At the very least, your SOS DLL is not working, even if other mod's DLLs  are. You can check in the skse log in \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log.

[05/13/2022 - 12:32:28AM] SOS Warning!

SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll not found, or the installed version is too old.

Do you have no enchantment restriction installed?

Or anything overwriting DD's scripts? This usually means you've got a conflict with an unsupported mod like no enchantment restriction, or you have old scripts overwriting DD somewhere.

[05/13/2022 - 12:36:07AM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceRemovedCollar(Pheobe:1)
[05/13/2022 - 12:36:07AM] ERROR: Method UnlockDevice not found on zadlibs. Aborting call and returning None

I added a black ebonite catsuit collar and had no issues with removing it with a manipulated lock on the first try. So the lock issue is only on your end.

I am using AE as well, with SKSE64 2.1.5 and the AE version of the conversion I uploaded.

You may want to remove all your mods except DD and it's requirements and make sure that's working before adding more mods, since you're just setting up a new game. Don't add too many mods at once. Do it one at a time, or in very small groups to make it easier to track down issues seen after adding a mod.

Just tried the SE conversion. Haven't taken it out of the starting room yet though so can't comment on anything gameplay-wise.

Note that I'm using 3ba.

The new black, red, and white metal collars, cuffs and belts look fine (minor nitpick but the black could stand to be slightly less reflective so they look darker, but I think the chrome-like look they have now is also nice, why not do both). The bras clip slightly on my 3ba preset, using the HDT version. Other than that they just need a ground model since they use the gold one.

First off, the prisoner chains look much better when initially equipped, but obviously still don't connect right due to the SMP limitation, which I bug reported to the faster SMP devs and discussed a bit with them. If someone would help me with understanding how they're meant to connect (like is there a bone between the chains that they connect to, what is preventing someone from using a single chain and stringing it between the legs for the ankle chains instead of using 2, etc.) I could probably give them more info to work with.

Prisoner chains also disappear with restrictive gloves or boots equipped. Probably a device hider thing. On a similar note they also make cuffs disappear, and I think I remember a discussion about someone trying to fix that earlier. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Boxbinders will make harnesses disappear when equipped (guessing this is also a slot hider thing). They also clip into collars because they come off of the area around the neck too much.

Pet suits clip in the thighs (I don't think these are made for 3ba though, they don't have thigh physics when you move). Also clips at the front with arms.

Will make another post if I notice anything else.

Random Suggestions:

Adding physics to the loops and locks on the devices, like the padlock on belts, or under the chin on gags, the loop on the front of metal posture collars, or the loops on restrictive items. Basically make the locks and loops dangle. There was also a mod that I can't find for the life of me that added physics to the clit piercing. That might be too much of a stretch to do to the nipple piercings though.

A metal boxbinder, kind of like the elbow shackles, kind of like this, with and without the collar, and maybe one just as handcuffs as well.

A yoke with the arms closer to the neck (like half the distance of the current ones).

A hobble dress variant like the elegant, but also with the normal and extreme skirt and more cutouts (like at the navel, side of the thighs, more along the back). I know you can do this in outfit studio by just deleting vertices, but it would be nice to have another variant for that.

6 minutes ago, TrickyK said:

First off, the prisoner chains look much better when initially equipped, but obviously still don't connect right due to the SMP limitation, which I bug reported to the faster SMP devs and discussed a bit with them. If someone would help me with understanding how they're meant to connect (like is there a bone between the chains that they connect to, what is preventing someone from using a single chain and stringing it between the legs for the ankle chains instead of using 2, etc.) I could probably give them more info to work with.

I know the reasons, based on what others have said, and I'm probably the one most familiar with the SMP work in DD. however, I don't know the technical reasons for any of it. I'm a talented hack, and can apply things I find elsewhere to the stuff I want to mod, and that's how I managed to convert the chains as far as they are now. I probably can't explain it well enough for the SMP devs to understand, but I'm game if they are. I'm zarantha on the nexus too, they can PM me on either site. I'll try to look for the bug too.

The reason they don't work was best explained by musje on another thread, the quote is here:

Spoiler

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60786-paradise-halls-home-sweet-home/?do=findComment&comment=2943956

Do HDT chains work for SSE version? I think the DD AIO package for SSE includes Heretical.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Musje said:

Nope. They can be made to work with SMP with some limitations. I tried to convert a couple of the ZAP HDT ankle chains to SMP but those do not work well, SMP does not allow half loop dependencies (2 points fixed to bones with a chain between them).  But the chains attached to a single bone might work.

The current improvements were due to some small xml changes. But I don't know what else I can do to make it work better. I can give them examples of my current smp xmls for prisoner chains and ankle chains (which do self heal after the game restarts), the current prisoner chains nif, and the original HDT PE nif. I can get them the HDT PE xmls too, but i doubt those would be useful.

The nif has two bones that connected all the chains together. They are free floating - not connected to the skeleton at all, just floating at some coordinates above ground.

Currently, it is set up like this:

• Each chain is a series of 8 custom bones
  • There are cuffs on the wrists and ankles
  • One chain (in two pieces of 8 bones each) connects the ankle cuffs together (this is called wood chains x)
  • One chain (in two pieces of 8 bones each) connects the wrist cuffs together  (this is called wood chains x_1)
  • One chain connects to the midpoint where the ankle chains connect to the midpoint where the wrist chains connect (this is the connection chain)
  • One chain connects from the midpoint of the wrist chains to a neck ring (This is the neck chain)
  • The neck ring is a static piece that connects to the collar
  • One of the bones holding it all together is at the point where the connection chain, the neck chain, and the two halves of wood chains x_1 would meet. (CCBone001)
  • The other bone holding it together is at the point where the two halves of the ankle chains meet, and the bottom of the connection chain. (Bone001)

Pic with comments of the original mesh:

Spoiler

image.png.675cf25c6fbf3495c35e697ca2af7235.png

We have never had much luck getting a chain to connect when there are two connection points. And one part has 4 connection points and the other has 5! Ankle chains work after a game exit and reload, but are an aberration. I don't know why I can't do the same thing with the wrist chains for example. Doing it to prisoner chains should be the same in theory, but until we get all the individual pieces working well i don't think we can make more progress on it.

No one who has worked on the DD conversion project in the past or currently is able to create nifs from scratch, and we don't know why the original author made it this way, seems to be more complex than it needs to be. I assume the point between having so many custom bones linked in a chain is to make it seem like the links move independently of each other, like a chain really would, but even with that in mind it looks like it could be simplified. Maybe it was something that needed to be done this way in HDT PE, which is what they were originally created as.

1 hour ago, TrickyK said:

Prisoner chains also disappear with restrictive gloves or boots equipped. Probably a device hider thing. On a similar note they also make cuffs disappear, and I think I remember a discussion about someone trying to fix that earlier. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Boxbinders will make harnesses disappear when equipped (guessing this is also a slot hider thing). They also clip into collars because they come off of the area around the neck too much.

This is either device hider or priority, not sure. Someone else might know better.

7 minutes ago, TrickyK said:

Adding physics to the loops and locks on the devices, like the padlock on belts, or under the chin on gags, the loop on the front of metal posture collars, or the loops on restrictive items. Basically make the locks and loops dangle. There was also a mod that I can't find for the life of me that added physics to the clit piercing. That might be too much of a stretch to do to the nipple piercings though.

I thought I added in the clit piercing someone gave to me. Should be SoulgemVaginalPiercing for CBBE/3BA. But that does remind me i need to go back and do that for UNP. You should have it if you batch built everything.

The nipple piercings I saw are in the link below, but they don't replace DD's piercings. They also aren't SMP like the chains are, just weighted to move with the breasts. The concept of SMP dangling chains is simple enough, attach a bone to the breast bone and add another to dangle, but it's not something I've ever done. It doesn't look like anyone else has done it yet either, despite the idea being around for years.
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15589-se-cbbe-hdt-piercing-sets-bodyslide-conversion-for-3bbb/

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Do you have no enchantment restriction installed?

Or anything overwriting DD's scripts? This usually means you've got a conflict with an unsupported mod like no enchantment restriction, or you have old scripts overwriting DD somewhere.

I do not have "No Enchantment Restriction" installed, I dont even know what that is in all honesty, and as for Overwriting scripts there shouldnt be anything at all considering I only installed things that are Important for these mods to function and a few that go off the DD Framework

Now that we have AE you always always always need to check:

Do you have the right SKSE version installed?

Did you install the right DLL versions for all mods?

It looks like you've got an issue with loading DLLs, which would normally mean a mismatch between game version, skse version, and/or DLL version. At the very least, your SOS DLL is not working, even if other mod's DLLs  are. You can check in the skse log in \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log.

I'll see about fixing this and working my way through the "one at a time" process when I got time

where or how do I get the SE Dll for SOS to be compatable with AE

29 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I know the reasons, based on what others have said, and I'm probably the one most familiar with the SMP work in DD. however, I don't know the technical reasons for any of it. I'm a talented hack, and can apply things I find elsewhere to the stuff I want to mod, and that's how I managed to convert the chains as far as they are now. I probably can't explain it well enough for the SMP devs to understand, but I'm game if they are. I'm zarantha on the nexus too, they can PM me on either site. I'll try to look for the bug too.

The reason they don't work was best explained by musje on another thread, the quote is here:

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60786-paradise-halls-home-sweet-home/?do=findComment&comment=2943956

Do HDT chains work for SSE version? I think the DD AIO package for SSE includes Heretical.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Musje said:

Nope. They can be made to work with SMP with some limitations. I tried to convert a couple of the ZAP HDT ankle chains to SMP but those do not work well, SMP does not allow half loop dependencies (2 points fixed to bones with a chain between them).  But the chains attached to a single bone might work.

The current improvements were due to some small xml changes. But I don't know what else I can do to make it work better. I can give them examples of my current smp xmls for prisoner chains and ankle chains (which do self heal after the game restarts), the current prisoner chains nif, and the original HDT PE nif. I can get them the HDT PE xmls too, but i doubt those would be useful.

The nif has two bones that connected all the chains together. They are free floating - not connected to the skeleton at all, just floating at some coordinates above ground.

Currently, it is set up like this:

• Each chain is a series of 8 custom bones
  • There are cuffs on the wrists and ankles
  • One chain (in two pieces of 8 bones each) connects the ankle cuffs together (this is called wood chains x)
  • One chain (in two pieces of 8 bones each) connects the wrist cuffs together  (this is called wood chains x_1)
  • One chain connects to the midpoint where the ankle chains connect to the midpoint where the wrist chains connect (this is the connection chain)
  • One chain connects from the midpoint of the wrist chains to a neck ring (This is the neck chain)
  • The neck ring is a static piece that connects to the collar
  • One of the bones holding it all together is at the point where the connection chain, the neck chain, and the two halves of wood chains x_1 would meet. (CCBone001)
  • The other bone holding it together is at the point where the two halves of the ankle chains meet, and the bottom of the connection chain. (Bone001)

Pic with comments of the original mesh:

Reveal hidden contents

This is EXACTLY the information I was looking for, especially that pic of the bone/chain lay out. The more information you can give them the better, even old HDT PE stuff would probably help so they can cross reference between PE and SMP to see what changed.

As for communicating with them, I think DaydreamingDay said they prefer to communicate over discord when possible, he's in the LL discord, and asked if anyone working on the framework is there, but I couldn't think of or find anyone that was. They also have their discord linked at the top of the page for Faster HDT SMP, that would probably be the faster way to communicate, they post on a regular basis there https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57339

The bug report I made is on the Faster SMP Bugs tab ("Half loop dependencies not working")

46 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I thought I added in the clit piercing someone gave to me. Should be SoulgemVaginalPiercing for CBBE/3BA. But that does remind me i need to go back and do that for UNP. You should have it if you batch built everything.

I just tried to build it again and couldn't see it moving at all on my end.

Trying to troubleshoot why the keyword zad_noHide is not working on the zadDevicesUnderneathQuest. When added to a chastity corset (both rendered and inventory for assurance). It still get's hidden when equiped with a catsuit (slot 32)

On zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript I've added some debug lines to verify the keyword is picked up by the custom function FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide") which it does. The catsuit equipping enters the loop but the corset with the keyword doesn't. So it should not hide it but it still does.

When I disable the hider in the MCM the corset instantly pops up.

I have the feeling the hider itself (zadDevicesUnderneathScript) just forces the corset/belt slot to disappear no matter what the equip part does. As per default (SetDefaultSlotMasks) it sees to move the slots away. Which kinda nullefies the check in the 'onequip' section of the player script.

I can't edit the properties on the zadDevicesUnderneathScript due to some missing sources which I can't find so can't test it (is there a way to check this in logs?). But I guess moving the 4 HideEquipment calls from SetDefaultSlotMasks and relying on the 'onequip' to hide those slots it should be fixed?

Or alternativly the UpdateSlotmask could be called when the "FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide")" part detects the keyword is present and forces it to show? As I presume the defaultslotmask thing was designed to aid in equip speed?

3 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

thanks for the amazing work and time my friend.

the bodyslides cbbe 3ba its the same ?

thanks again my friend

I have not updated the bodyslides. Based on the changelogs, there were no updates to them, and I'm assuming nothing was snuck in or missed. 

I have not had time to do a one on one comparison of the old version to the new version, and to be honest, unless someone points out a change, I probably won't.

Edited by zarantha
4 hours ago, TrickyK said:

As for communicating with them, I think DaydreamingDay said they prefer to communicate over discord when possible, he's in the LL discord, and asked if anyone working on the framework is there

I'm in the LL discord as the same name there too, but have it muted unless someone pings me directly. I haven't joined the FSMP discord yet. I'll wander in there later and see if i can find the message or spot him and ping him.

4 hours ago, TrickyK said:

I just tried to build it again and couldn't see it moving at all on my end.

I'll take another look once I finish getting my list back in order. As I recall, it was a really subtle movement, it doesn't swing around a lot. I could be missing the xml, or i might need to tweak it some more to make it swing a bit more freely.

5 hours ago, tybot866 said:

I do not have "No Enchantment Restriction" installed, I dont even know what that is in all honesty, and as for Overwriting scripts there shouldnt be anything at all considering I only installed things that are Important for these mods to function and a few that go off the DD Framework

What mod manager do you use? If you are using NMM, it might be time to clear out (ie delete) your data directory and reinstall skyrim from steam. If it's Vortex or MO2, you should be able to see if something is overwriting it. Script patches cause issues if they are for different versions of the mod and are hard to detect. Both Vortex and MO2 have methods to let you know on a file by file basis if something is overwritten even after the install. NMM just dumps everything in the data folder with no method of tracking the file in the mod manager after install.

Exceptions to overwriting DD are DCL and ZAZ. They contain some of the same nifs as DD. They do not overwrite DD's scripts. Anything else is suspect.

2 hours ago, notwavman said:

I wonder if Boxbinder (not the outfit one) is intentionally set as heavy bondage suit, i.e. it takes both slots of heavy bondage and suit. It makes sense for the outfit one, but looks strange for non-outfit.

That's intentional, yes. Any device that binds an actor's wrists is tagged with heavy bondage, even if occupies slots other than the armbinder one. The model itself needs armor slot 32, so it's tagged with this one as well. DD has several multi-tagged devices. The logic behind these is that a device gets tagged with each slot that gets logically occupied by a device to signal the framework not to equip another device in that slot.

15 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Are you sure you changed their 'Armor Race', not their 'Morph Race'?

I'm sure, but I'm working on it. I found out that the AE Dark Seducers ans Glodensaints don't make problems, so I'm going to check where the difference in the setting of the races is. ...

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

I have not updated the bodyslides. Based on the changelogs, there were no updates to them, and I'm assuming nothing was snuck in or missed. 

I have not had time to do a one on one comparison of the old version to the new version, and to be honest, unless someone points out a change, I probably won't.

ok thanks again for your amazing work and time

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

The new beta did not make any changes to NIFs.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, Kimy said:

- Added: Red, White, and Black variants of the chastity belt, chastity bra, arm cuffs, leg cuffs, posture and normal collars. 18 new items in total. The items also have been added to the formlists, so any mod using these to equip random items, will also equip the new ones without having to change anything on their end.

When I read the description, I thought the padding color was what was being changed and keeping the bare steel, so that they would match the other red/white gear.  The colored metals do look nice, but they don't 'go' with any of the other pieces.

28 minutes ago, circuit said:

When I read the description, I thought the padding color was what was being changed and keeping the bare steel, so that they would match the other red/white gear.  The colored metals do look nice, but they don't 'go' with any of the other pieces.

I could also change the padding color a bit on the white and red variants, will do some tests tomorrow. Default metal color and only padding feels to me too be too minor change to do.

2 hours ago, circuit said:

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

I could also change the padding color a bit on the white and red variants, will do some tests tomorrow. Default metal color and only padding feels to me too be too minor change to do.

My own personal opinion would be to just change the color of the padding, rather than the color of the metal. I highly doubt they have anodizing technology in Skyrim.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

My own personal opinion would be to just change the color of the padding, rather than the color of the metal. I highly doubt they have anodizing technology in Skyrim.

This wouldn't be the first thing in DD making a few generous assumptions about Skyrim's technological advancements. ;)

Tbh. I'd suggest sticking with the colored metal. Coloring just the padding won't make a great visual difference.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:52 AM, naaitsab said:

Trying to troubleshoot why the keyword zad_noHide is not working on the zadDevicesUnderneathQuest. When added to a chastity corset (both rendered and inventory for assurance). It still get's hidden when equiped with a catsuit (slot 32)

On zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript I've added some debug lines to verify the keyword is picked up by the custom function FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide") which it does. The catsuit equipping enters the loop but the corset with the keyword doesn't. So it should not hide it but it still does.

When I disable the hider in the MCM the corset instantly pops up.

I have the feeling the hider itself (zadDevicesUnderneathScript) just forces the corset/belt slot to disappear no matter what the equip part does. As per default (SetDefaultSlotMasks) it sees to move the slots away. Which kinda nullefies the check in the 'onequip' section of the player script.

I can't edit the properties on the zadDevicesUnderneathScript due to some missing sources which I can't find so can't test it (is there a way to check this in logs?). But I guess moving the 4 HideEquipment calls from SetDefaultSlotMasks and relying on the 'onequip' to hide those slots it should be fixed?

Or alternativly the UpdateSlotmask could be called when the "FormHasKeywordString(akArmor as Form, "NoHide")" part detects the keyword is present and forces it to show? As I presume the defaultslotmask thing was designed to aid in equip speed?

So commenting the  following lines on the zadDevicesUnderneathScript just outright breaks it, with or without the NoHide keyword :P

HideEquipment(32, 58) ; When slot 32 is equipped, hide slot 58 (Corsets).
HideEquipment(32, 49) ; When slot 32 is equipped, hide slot 49 (Belts).

So my theory to let the equip portion handle the show/hide is flawed. Also forcing a unequip parameter when the NoHide is detected to function call of UpdateSlotmask also does not work.

@Kimy did you design the system or was it done by Min? Can't really figure out the logic behind it so can't fix the bug