Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

If we put priorities right, LE's main body should be UUNP and SE's CBBE. Whatever you do, you always have to convert armors when making SE version, because the CBBE in there is different and much higher quality than CBBE on LE. SE's UUNP doesn't compare at all. But same can be said otherwise, CBBE for LE is ugly with sharp edges in places that UUNP was specifically made to correct.

Even standard HDT-SMP body was made for CBBE SE and i don't even know if conversion for UUNP exists... though probably.

Edited by Zaflis
On 1/27/2022 at 3:35 PM, naaitsab said:

I think the mounted thing has been mentioned before. It seems to trigger when its furniture not only on a horse. For the bed, are you using "Another Sleep Mod"? That mod does a lot of funny things to force the player in the bed. As in vanilla it's not possible so needs a few things to pull of. If you disable your sleepmod does it also happen?

For having the characters all (like NPCs do) have a real time sleep, you need no word of code-and no tricks like "a mod". You can do that simply by modifying the bed-furniture by adding a "sit-place" to the existing "sleep-place(s) of a bed and make the sit-in-place the first one. In that case uses the gamer´s character the bed the same way like the npcs do, with the usual option of the gamer´s entry-dialogue for the bed. It ´s apart of that useful, to fake the sit-in with a hard to enter enty point, or to simply offer a real seat-place beside the bed or onto the bed. The only problem is perhaps the heigths, which can ´t sadly being seperatly being changed by using the seat ´s and all the node´s parameter of heigths, which has to do with the way of the overall behavior of skyrim ´s animation-system (it can ´t fit heights by using the furniture´s node´s parameters, individually), so you can only edit the x- an y- coordinates and the angle: 3.14 means a 360degree turn, 1.57 is about 180degrees. With this additional info you can add for example easily to every bed a chair (with it ´s own collision for best) and create a perfect bed with "real-sleep"-access and an additional chair, only-..by using NIFSCOPE !!! The new stuff can be copied and easily added to the game by using the Creation-Kit.

p.s. it is very often, that I see modders going straight the more complexer ways, instead to do something, which is more game-friendly and more engine-friendly for that game, specially, if you play with the original-version, I mean: SKYRIM.

Edited by t.ara
9 hours ago, t.ara said:

For having the characters all (like NPCs do) have a real time sleep, you need no word of code-and no tricks like "a mod". You can do that simply by modifying the bed-furniture by adding a "sit-place" to the existing "sleep-place(s) of a bed and make the sit-in-place the first one. In that case uses the gamer´s character the bed the same way like the npcs do, with the usual option of the gamer´s entry-dialogue for the bed. It ´s apart of that useful, to fake the sit-in with a hard to enter enty point, or to simply offer a real seat-place beside the bed or onto the bed. The only problem is perhaps the heigths, which can ´t sadly being seperatly being changed by using the seat ´s and all the node´s parameter of heigths, which has to do with the way of the overall behavior of skyrim ´s animation-system (it can ´t fit heights by using the furniture´s node´s parameters, individually), so you can only edit the x- an y- coordinates and the angle: 3.14 means a 360degree turn, 1.57 is about 180degrees. With this additional info you can add for example easily to every bed a chair (with it ´s own collision for best) and create a perfect bed with "real-sleep"-access and an additional chair, only-..by using NIFSCOPE !!! The new stuff can be copied and easily added to the game by using the Creation-Kit.

p.s. it is very often, that I see modders going straight the more complexer ways, instead to do something, which is more game-friendly and more engine-friendly for that game, specially, if you play with the original-version, I mean: SKYRIM.

I tried to do this with an invisible sleeproll to simulative sleeping on the ground with animations (don't show sleep dialogue). But has quite some issues with adding keywords to furniture. The animation just doesn't start. So I would be interested how to make a working example. For now I used code but to prevent the sleep dialogue from playing it requires quite some tricks.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, naaitsab said:

I tried to do this with an invisible sleeproll to simulative sleeping on the ground with animations (don't show sleep dialogue). But has quite some issues with adding keywords to furniture. The animation just doesn't start. So I would be interested how to make a working example. For now I used code but to prevent the sleep dialogue from playing it requires quite some tricks.

You need not to use any keywords-you simply take a single or double bed and add a sitting-furniture into the furniture-node as it ´s first part. That ´s stuff you can do simply with NIFSCOPE all alone. And you can of course add a chair from a different nif-file and place it in the near of the bed-right or left, or at the top or bottom...that ´s all you nee to do and store it as a new bed as "real-time-sleeping for gamers", with the addition of for minimum one seat. That ´s it. No code, no keyword-all the animations which then rock are the originals and the bed is simply working for the player with same animations like we all know from the NPCs.

Tip: So to add the (a correct) collision also for the chair, you create a NODE for that whole chair and add the mesh AND the suiting collision into it. You then can move the chair into every direction you want, same you can put into the furniture-node, so to get the using NPCs to the correct place at once. It ´s also possible to turn the chair easily by using the "chair-node´s" angle around the Z-axis. If you use bed-night-tables, you also can place the chair in front of the bed and so on. The Collision of the chair mesh is part of the mesh of the chair and will follow to any position. Don ´t forget to add the coordinates of the chair also into the furniture-node:-)

p.s. i deleted the node-part because it also is working with a simple mesh and it ´s collision...the bed has inside the nif-file also it ´s collision mesh-related now-so you can also move the bed away to another place if wanted, without loosing collision...and don t forget to move also the furniture-node ´s coordinates if you change something there:-))

And sorry for filling this place too much with furniture-info...but maybe it is useful for some freaks who like to create some extraordinary new stuff in future:-))

Unbenannt.JPG

TESV 2022-03-23 22-24-47-21.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-24-18-94.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-24-06-87.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-24-03-75.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-23-53-67.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-23-43-30.jpg

TESV 2022-03-23 22-23-03-71.jpg

zazNoblebedAndChairsingle01.nif

Edited by t.ara

About sleeprolls: the sleeproll is a special "bed" and so far I can imagine is it not been created by bethesda to use a dedicated entry and exit- animation-in other words: there´s no suiting sleeping animation with it s´belonging animation available: this means that sleeproll has no working animation-graph/behavior. There ´s maybe a chance that bethesda has added one by using "IS SLEEPROLL"-keyword but I can not remember such thing.

This would mean that NPCs don ´t use a flat - to- the- ground bedroll with the suiting sleep-mechanic of the normal beds and the gamer´s character can use such a "bed" only by using the normal BLACK-SCREEN-TIME-PASSING- sleeping.

There´s also the chance, that NPCs use a different and own bedroll-behavior-part....so it ´s for a FLAT-TO-THE-GROUND-sleeping in real-time only possible to create an own new animation, with it ´s entry and exit-parts for kneeling down and laying, a loop of sleeping and an exit with a standing up-animation from the ground (as far the game doesn ´t have such a version of "to-the-ground-laying and sleeping"-graph-part. I did not recognize something like that. In ZAP there is a full pack of floor-ground-sleeping as furnitures on hay and on a bedroll intergrated, with diffferent sorts of sleeping, the game is choosing randomly different sleep-(laying)-versions, so every time you enter this bedrolls, you get a different sleeping-animation. The ZAP-sleeping but is happening ONLY with opened eyes as the animations don´t care about eyes shutting (or/and mouth) functions as well.

A nice additional idea for own sleeping and for changing the original behavior-graph of skyrim would be some sleeping NOISE with randomly and sex-depending feaTURES without too short loopes-but such stuff has not been too important for bethesda in the past. Fighting animations have been the most important ones, instead. (This is no critics and same is for many many other games which nowadays don ´t even offer the same: the modded SKYRIM is much more progressive in endless details compared than mostly all newer day´s games ever will be, thanks to the endless ideas of the modders.

p.s. it is possible to create a bedroll by using the standart - sleeping, which is also used in the bed´s version, but the entry- and exit will then happen by clipping those animation-idles thru the ground-which is ugly and stupid looking. Alternatively should it be possible to avoid the entry and exit-idles and create a new furniture, which uses an new entry- and exit-animation by using FNIS and combine this with the exising sleeping animation of bethesda. In that case you combine the major-loop of sleeping with two suiting FNIS-based idles without using the behavior-graph at the intro and outro-points. The only problem is, that the original sleeping animation takes part in a HEIGHTS of about 34-points above the ground. To edit that animation means, that you have to lower the HEIGHTS of the original animation, make a copy of it and edit the KF-file copy inside of NIFSCOPE !!! as well. Along after the loading of such animation-file into nifscope, you have a chance to find the heights-parameter of every KF-animation and edit it down to the ground-zero then. Afer that you have to store and convert it again to become readable for the game into the hkx-(idle)-file again. But from that point on, the loop-sleep is also a new idle and no more a part of the original skyrim animation-behavior, then. So a really new slleping on the ground with suiting entry- and exit-animation-idles can only being created by using FNIS.  If you create such entry and exit-animations with a sleeping-loop, it is a best way to create the whole three animations in one single animation and later cut it into the entry- loop- and exit- animation for the furniture, this will guarantee a perfect connection between all of them, whithout any messing - up of movements-everything will show up smoothly, like done by using a behavior-graph-editor.

Edited by t.ara

Reported on the SE thread. The  path for the simple yoke doesn't exist.

Not sure if it's reported already but this ARMA record in DD expansion xx04F92F the steel yoke nif is missing from the meshes folder. I even checked the older versions and no go.

Spoiler

It wants path "devious\simpleiron\simpleyoke.nif"

image.png.38ceab551ea9b1b6153bcdcb9ed5d3ee.png

There is no simpleiron path  in 5.1 or 5.2 under the devious folder.image.png.06c32affe379c71c4d9e82a34bc37c49.png

Not sure if this would be a DD or DCL issue, but I have a suggestion. I do like the idea of some devices having timed locks that prevent device removal for a certain period of time, but I does get a little annoying, especially with chastity devices *always* having a 48 hour timer before you can unlock it.

It especially gets annoying when you only have a few hours left before you can remove it, only for a rape scene to trigger, have the belt removed then reapplied, resetting the 48 hour timer. I'm typically a fan of the harder difficulty settings (I use Born Slave), but I feel this is a bit much.

I would suggest either a MCM slider that allows you to adjust the timers, or perhaps making the time on the lock a bit more random so maybe you won't have to wait as long.

If this is a Cursed Loot issue then I'm sorry for bringing it up here, just let me know and I'll repost this next time there is a beta for DCL.

8 hours ago, serranna said:

Not sure if this would be a DD or DCL issue, but I have a suggestion. I do like the idea of some devices having timed locks that prevent device removal for a certain period of time, but I does get a little annoying, especially with chastity devices *always* having a 48 hour timer before you can unlock it.

It especially gets annoying when you only have a few hours left before you can remove it, only for a rape scene to trigger, have the belt removed then reapplied, resetting the 48 hour timer. I'm typically a fan of the harder difficulty settings (I use Born Slave), but I feel this is a bit much.

I would suggest either a MCM slider that allows you to adjust the timers, or perhaps making the time on the lock a bit more random so maybe you won't have to wait as long.

If this is a Cursed Loot issue then I'm sorry for bringing it up here, just let me know and I'll repost this next time there is a beta for DCL.

It is a mixed issue because timers are a DD thing but removing and reapplying items in rape is a DCL thing. Thing is DD chose to make the timers a "default setting" for when applying chastity items so despite DCL not getting updated on that regard, you still get timers whenever you get chastity. Maybe the best solution is to demand the timers be explicitly given by to binding function, and then until DCL is updated to explicitly use timers (and maybe not use them on max setting when reapplying items), there shall be no timers.

The timers being 48h is because you are on "born slave" though, probably. I usually get 6-18h, I think

Ok, that took me a bit longer than expected. I got two silly infections with whatever bugs these were over the past weeks, and by the time I felt better, I had my desk full of stuff to catch up with. Ugh. Sorry for the delay. But here we go again! :)

Devious Devices LE 5.2 Beta 5

- Added: The zad_ExposedBreasts keyword has been added to appropriate devices: Open Straitjackets, Open Hobble Dresses, Rope Harnesses, Breast Yoke.
- Changed: The Device Hider doesn't make annoying noises anymore!
- Changed: StartValidDDAnimation() is now temporarily removing plugs from actors when they are not blocked by a chastity belt, so their presence will not block sex animations.
- Changed: The animation filter now hides devices much more aggressively if no valid animations can be found. This should prevent animations getting split up and/or actors being moved to solo animations in most cases.
- Changed: The animation filter can now hide plugs as another fallback when trying to set up a valid animation. The filter will still try to hide chastity belts first.
- Changed: zadlibs.HasBreastsExposed(Actor a) now checks for the keyword on all devices worn by the actor and not just on the worn chest armor.
- Fixed: The UUNP steel slave boots are no longer invisible.
- Fixed: Device removal events are now being sent reliably.
- Fixed: The mounted chastity gear event no longer triggers when the actor isn't mounted.

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/2AMSBChY#jaBPyc_2zlzU9hvNsxPjSrF01exgX4ZafAYoorYk3Zw

I'd love if people could thoroughly test the filter changes, as they are pretty drastic. If you guys don't like the new behavior, I can always roll it back. :)

Alright, not the most comprehensive test, but here are my findings so far. All of these tests were done with all 3 animation filter checkboxes ticked in the MCM. I am putting starts near numbers that seem to not exhibit perfectly intended behavior:

1*. Player in SJ dress (topless) and Lydia in elbow binder resulted in no animations. However, it didn't even seem to be trying to search for animation (as far as I could tell by console logs) so perhaps some old check in DCL is at fault there. Consistent no animation in 3 attempts though [In general my attempts for human sex for these tests is DCL solicitation (success set to 100%, ofc) or DCL bondage dialogue before I get the chance to solicit, because we all know how NPCs can't resist a bound player :P]

2*.  Player in SJ dress (topless) and Lydia wearing restricive gloves (that don't keep arms behind back) and corset resulted in "armbinder both" twice in a row, despite Lydia having her arms free. Maybe I should have checked with a DD-clean Lydia to isolate whenever her DD causes the issue, but this can't be intended behavior anyway.

3*. Player in SJ dress (topless) and Dwemer spider (my go-to "ambassador" for creature sex), seems to choose an animation, teleport inside each other, then immediatly consider the animation ended. I didn't notice any error in the console. It just pretends the animation just ended. The dress wasn't removed at any point though

4. Player in elbow binder and Lydia wearing restricive gloves (that don't keep arms behind back) and corset resulted in good lesbian armbinder animation (where Lydia gets animation as a free-armed actor, as intended)

5. Player in elbow binder and a ball gag and Lydia (same gear) resulted in strapon armbound animations (Lydia pegging player). Makes sense since all lesbian armbinder animation tend to demand the bound girl to have her mouth usable, so I consider this intended behavior

6*. Player in elbow binder, mittens and a ball gag and Dwemer spider. So here comes the weird part: First attempt, armbinder disappears, gag remains, and I get a vaginal animation. Second attempt right after that, armbinder remains and I get some broken behavior of the Player playing the aggressor in a strapon armbinder animation and the spider just standing there. The strapon also failed to equip because the mittens interrupted it, but either way it is the wrong side of the animation, not to mention the animation isn't even relevant for creatures. Third attempt was like first attempt, successful again, and fourth attempt was a failure exactly like the second attempt.

At this point I decided you might want a log and that its getting bloated already, so have a look here and see if it tells you anything.

Disclaimer for the log: The hentai dwemer spider sometimes accidently targeted Lydia, in which case I had to spawn another one so he would target the Player. So if you see some unrelated sex logs and stuff, that's probably that.

Papyrus.0.log

Might make more tests later. Not sure if so many details actually help XD

EDIT: Oh, and just want to clarify that despite not everything being perfect, there is not a single instance I checked so far that got worse, so cheers on that :) 

Edited by thedarkone1234
2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Might make more tests later. Not sure if so many details actually help XD

I'm not fully sure if DCL overrides DD's animation filter or its behavior or not. It might be fairer starting the animations through some other mod, i just don't know what examples to say. What did @Kimy use to test them? It was always weird to me that DCL has functions that contain animation starts. Was that changed later on and couldn't they be all moved to DD? DCL shouldn't have any device types that DD doesn't have or if does then DD deserves to have them too.

Edited by Zaflis

Phase two of the tests (less orderly, probably shouldn't have kept on testing in late hours):

1*. Player wearing catsuit vs Lydia. Worked fine, except, when I added a gag on the Player on top of that, I did get an animation in which the player eats Pussy while gagged (ball gagged).

2*. Player wearing catsuit vs Dwemer spider. Gagged or not, it randomly chose between totally skipping the animation or giving the player a dominant strapon position. In the cases the player was gagged and it also chose to just skip to the end of the animation, it also made the gag disappear momentarily, then come back

3*. Player yoked vs Lydia. It once picked a *both yoked* animation, and another time it picked a *cuffed front* strapon animation (the yoked player acting the cuffed side). Other times it chose fine.

4. Player yoked and gagged vs Dwemer spider. It did perfectly, removing the yoke, keeping the gag and playing a vaginal animation.

5*. Player yoked, gagged and with a chastity belt vs Dwemer spider. 100% of the times all 3 bondage items disappear momentarily and then it skips to the end of the animation and they come back. It does choose an animation. It simply doesn't play it.

Log as before. I probably forgot other stuff I played around with, but I don't know how to cut logs

Papyrus.0.log

13 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

On it as soon as I get the chance!

But question:

What exactly does it mean and how would I test it?

It's for DD content mod developers who want to know about devices being removed from actors. They'd register to the DDI_DeviceRemoved mod event that's sent out by the framework whenever a device is removed from any actor. That event was bugged and wasn't sent in some situations.

To test it, code would need to check if it receives the event when devices are removed from the player both manually and via script. Same, but for NPCs.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I'm not fully sure if DCL overrides DD's animation filter or its behavior or not. It might be fairer starting the animations through some other mod, i just don't know what examples to say. What did @Kimy use to test them? It was always weird to me that DCL has functions that contain animation starts. Was that changed later on and couldn't they be all moved to DD? DCL shouldn't have any device types that DD doesn't have or if does then DD deserves to have them too.

DCL generally sets up animations by calling the framework, but does so in a way that the actual filter is never used.

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

DCL generally sets up animations by calling the framework, but does so in a way that the actual filter is never used.

Wait, so does it mean using DCL to test the new filters wouldn't work because DCL skips them?

In that case, what kind of human sex mod would be best to test these filters? (For creatures I have my trusty Hentai Dwemer Spider)

10 hours ago, Kimy said:

It's for DD content mod developers who want to know about devices being removed from actors. They'd register to the DDI_DeviceRemoved mod event that's sent out by the framework whenever a device is removed from any actor. That event was bugged and wasn't sent in some situations.

To test it, code would need to check if it receives the event when devices are removed from the player both manually and via script. Same, but for NPCs.

Thanks, had some issues with this. As the modevent thing is quite specific. Like casting a Form as Actor (removed from npc X/player) or Armor (inventory X device removed) might be a good idea to add some lines to the DD modding Wiki about this. I can write a few lines if you want to.

Did you look into my idea about the device hider modification? I can also try to mod the code myself but I think it's quite a quick thing to modify as it's just an extra keyword check in the devicehider code.

1 minute ago, naaitsab said:

Did you look into my idea about the device hider modification? I can also try to mod the code myself but I think it's quite a quick thing to modify as it's just an extra keyword check in the devicehider code.

Lets be clear that DD filter should have nothing to do with the actual Device Hider. I for one usually disable it in MCM. If animation wants to hide devices it wouldn't rely on device hider.

57 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Lets be clear that DD filter should have nothing to do with the actual Device Hider. I for one usually disable it in MCM. If animation wants to hide devices it wouldn't rely on device hider.

I know, my proposed modification is to make it possible to make use of the modified bodyslide files so the catsuit can be worn underneath devices. Without having to disable the entire slot on the hider. This also makes it more dynamic for mods if they want to display the catsuit over or under the belt/corset/gloves etc.  I detailed it a page ago.

I've been getting some strange behavior when I tried out this beta version, thought I'd report it. I upgraded from the previous one, and it seems that sometimes during sex scenes the vanilla dialogue from spank that ass is happening even though I have it turned off in that mod.

I wasn't sure if this mod makes use of the "no more I yield!" etc dialogue during sex scenes and there might be some issue happening there. 

I once made red and white retextures for the CD mod. So I dusted those off and used them for an upcoming new start quest mod. It uses the normal and env from the gold items from DDx. 

Would there be intrest in a red and white set? It's the belt, bra, collar, cuffs and posture collar. I think it fits in rather well with the red ebonite stuff. Not sure about the white as that is quite tricky to get right without destroying all details.

(decal is part of the mod will not be there on the supplied textures)

Capture.JPG.f7f5268011ce66bca3f291531d0929d4.JPG

8 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I once made red and white retextures for the CD mod. So I dusted those off and used them for an upcoming new start quest mod. It uses the normal and env from the gold items from DDx. 

Would there be intrest in a red and white set? It's the belt, bra, collar, cuffs and posture collar. I think it fits in rather well with the red ebonite stuff. Not sure about the white as that is quite tricky to get right without destroying all details.

(decal is part of the mod will not be there on the supplied textures)

Capture.JPG.f7f5268011ce66bca3f291531d0929d4.JPG

Ooh, gorgeous!