1 hour ago, D C said:

I don't know what to do with the png

You blend that into the tail diffuse itself, located in textures/1custom/shark race/tail.dds. Probably easiest with GIMP.

1 hour ago, D C said:

Can anyone share me their already made png?

That wouldn't work since any blended textures only look decent/fitting with matching body overlays, you need to make your own that matches your character.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

You blend that into the tail diffuse itself, located in textures/1custom/shark race/tail.dds. Probably easiest with GIMP.

That wouldn't work since any blended textures only look decent/fitting with matching body overlays, you need to make your own that matches your character.

Okay

3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

So I tried

And what should I the compression

And other options when exporting

I'm not so advanced user

Using gimp for the first time

50 minutes ago, D C said:

So I tried

I'm not so advanced user

I use Photoshop with NVIDIA DDS plugin, or paint.net (is free).

8 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

DXT1, generate mipmaps, everything else default.

DXT1 generate also ugly green and red pixels due to the high degree of compression :classic_biggrin:   Many times before, my work was destroyed when I saved the texture in DXT1.

I recommend using DXT5, preferably R8G8B8A8 (linear, A8B8G8R8)

Green and red.png

11 minutes ago, poblivion said:

I use Photoshop with NVIDIA DDS plugin, or paint.net (is free).

I use all 3 since they tend to have their own strengths, I just find GIMP easiest one to blend the overlays with (which is also free and has DDS plugin that supports required formats).

12 minutes ago, poblivion said:

DXT1 generate also ugly green and red pixels due to the high degree of compression :classic_biggrin:   Many times before, my work was destroyed when I saved the texture in DXT1.

I recommend using DXT5, preferably R8G8B8A8 (linear, A8B8G8R8)

Hm, I could have sworn the tail was already DXT1 which is why I said compress to that since recompressing wouldn't have caused any quality loss, seeing how it was already there. But seems like it's uncompressed after all so yeah, uncompressed RGB8 then.

And for the record, the only difference between DXT1 and DXT5 I know of is that DXT5 supports alpha and has twice the filesize, still compresses RGB channels the same so quality loss is identical to DXT1.

2 hours ago, D C said:

So I tried

I'm not so advanced user

Use Gimp with the BC7 compression plugin, when you export the texture there won't be any options so you won't have to mess with that, and BC7 is far better for just about any texture you'd use in skyrim (that's what i believe anyway)... also it's more performance friendly than other compression types and there's barely any loss in quality.

Edit: here's what you need => 

Spoiler

706402258_GIMPBC7.png.eb1ac246ff786d1d559f560fd624021d.png

and here are the links:

-step 1 link:  https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/downloads

-step 2 link: https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases

-step 3 link: https://gist.github.com/Equinox-/19d726d4c9cd59f8617429b3a6a8e16c

-link to the post seen in the pic above if you need it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236816

2nd edit: Now that i think about it, since i haven't modded LE in years i don't know if LE supports BC7 so... can someone confirm that, if possible plox ?

35 minutes ago, PraedythXVI said:

i don't know if LE supports BC7 so... can someone confirm that, if possible plox ?

It does not, sadly, since it's a DX10 format and LE is still stuck with DX9. Which means grayscale textures can either be compressed as DXT1 and end up artefacted to hell and back or be left uncompressed and take up an ungodly amount of space. But there's simply no way around it.

45 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It does not, sadly, since it's a DX10 format and LE is still stuck with DX9. Which means grayscale textures can either be compressed as DXT1 and end up artefacted to hell and back or be left uncompressed and take up an ungodly amount of space. But there's simply no way around it.

Ah rip... oh well i'm sure that guide will come in handy to someone...someday... ?

Guys

Wanna hear the plot twist

I did what he asked and it works

Because I'm using Skyrim SE

But one thing

Can anyone make the png file compatible with the new tail

Cause I'm using that one

And thanks everyone

7 hours ago, User1234612 said:

Will they be nerfed later?

I have no plans for that. The armor bonus was eyeballed to that of a mid-tier helmet with mid-tier armor skill, since most helmets have clipping and are "unwearable", and even then most of the few that don't have it don't look that good either. The bite was balanced a few times already and while a tiny bit OP indeed, it's a freaking shark bite so it should hit hard. The cold resistance is the same as Nords have.

If you want you can tweak the stats yourself in xEdit and adjust them to suit your taste, but I don't think they will be getting any official changes anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lunky-Dunk said:

Can you add a selachii human-like feet addon to download section, please? I saw something like that on your "modern clothes" mod screenshots.

If you mean the older 3-toed humanlike feet, those are deprecated by now so I won't be adding them back myself. That being said, I posted a file with the assets themselves a while back so if you can figure it out you should be able to add them back yourself. Search the thread, should be somewhere in there.

Nope, i talked about that kinda thing

Then you just need to replace the "malefeet" and "femalefeet" nifs from this mod with the ones from SOS and UUNP/CBBE, respectively. They should work fine right away.

17 minutes ago, Lunky-Dunk said:

maybe I didn’t understand something, but the modern clothes mod itself contains no nifs with any feet. or did you mentioned the other mod?

Screenshot_10.png

I think Blaze69 thought of the human legs and arms you find here:  Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets

maybe I didn’t understand something, but the modern clothes mod itself contains no nifs with any feet. or did you mentioned the other mod?

Screenshot_10.png

he's talking about body mods and you are talking about clothes

• 4 weeks later...