High poly tail

Nothing special, just minor added detail under the base and near the end of the tail.

835a318db2e0a298ed92b21652f34512.png

Comparison of the old tail

Comparison 1

Spoiler

a6679c247fb9809ddc78df0a97b21189.png

ac406a6d7a28ad01d552206570519f1e.png

Comparison 2

Spoiler

5bc3d622dbd6f7f0bd2c6064fa2a2735.png

050dcec246ab4a4d62ba36870dbd64ec.png

If there are issues, the base can be edited. Such as if there is a huge noticeable and unappealing differences in animations that cause the ass cheeks to spread. If there is armor clipping, then the fins near the base will be removed in a later version. Just need to make the UVs and back fin which I may start on tomorrow.

EDIT: also, the extra large fins near the middle is compensations for small shark designs and texture/UV quality when scaling. Still not sure about tail morphs for fin scale and shape, so that area may change.

37 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

High poly tail

I wasn't actually sure how big of a difference a new tail would make when you asked about it a while back but welp, way to prove me completely wrong. That's big improvement, and I'm happy to see a thicker/taller base too since I have been kinda... intimate with that part lately and it was the one thing I'd change from original.

Only concern I would have had are the new fins near the base but you already addressed that too.

51 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I wasn't actually sure how big of a difference a new tail would make when you asked about it a while back but welp, way to prove me completely wrong. That's big improvement, and I'm happy to see a thicker/taller base too since I have been kinda... intimate with that part lately and it was the one thing I'd change from original.

It's not so much thicker as it is taller at the base. Width ended up pretty much the same, but can make it a bit wider if wanted. Most of the problem area is around the crack because of animations and physics, so covering more wouldn't hurt aside from clipping which it already does. It may even lessen the distance at which jiggle physics moves away from the tail base.

3 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

High poly tail

Nothing special, just minor added detail under the base and near the end of the tail.

835a318db2e0a298ed92b21652f34512.png

Comparison of the old tail

Comparison 1

Reveal hidden contents

a6679c247fb9809ddc78df0a97b21189.png

ac406a6d7a28ad01d552206570519f1e.png

Comparison 2

Reveal hidden contents

5bc3d622dbd6f7f0bd2c6064fa2a2735.png

050dcec246ab4a4d62ba36870dbd64ec.png

If there are issues, the base can be edited. Such as if there is a huge noticeable and unappealing differences in animations that cause the ass cheeks to spread. If there is armor clipping, then the fins near the base will be removed in a later version. Just need to make the UVs and back fin which I may start on tomorrow.

EDIT: also, the extra large fins near the middle is compensations for small shark designs and texture/UV quality when scaling. Still not sure about tail morphs for fin scale and shape, so that area may change.

Nice, I hope the male sharks get some love in the future too

4 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

CountThem.jpg

"Wanna play 'count the spots'?"

how do you keep coming up with something new that amazes me when i think , well i'm sure there is nothing left and then i'm back with a pic that makes me think , how is it possible?

how ????????????????????

and seriously 

THAT PIC IS AWESOME < please send a copy of her in pm , u know what i mean >  

Keep surprising with more that will surpass that

THANK U

edit* i uninstalled skyrim and before u say make it myself , my imagination is limited and will always end with something looking NOT SO NICE

but seriously if u release a preset based on this , i will install skyrim right now as of this edit

1 hour ago, D C said:

how do you keep coming up with something new

Magic, dedication and trailblazing. But mostly the first.

1 hour ago, D C said:

please send a copy of her in pm

Even if I did that, you wouldn't be able to use that preset since she uses my WIP overlays and custom tail/fin texture.

55 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I need an overlay of those spots for my shark girl

They'll be released when I'm done, you wouldn't want to move into a house without a roof either would you?

10 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Magic, dedication and trailblazing. But mostly the first.

Even if I did that, you wouldn't be able to use that preset since she uses my WIP overlays and custom tail/fin texture.

They'll be released when I'm done, you wouldn't want to move into a house without a roof either would you?

oooh , i smell something good cooking , hope you done cooking soon , can't wait to eat XD

and please save her as a preset as once u release ur wip stuff , i hope we can use it too

Here is a variation where I replaced the bottom middle fin with the base side fins so it will be just like the original. Also, it's the same issue with the back fin sinking when the back is on the floor or tail is flat on the ground which is more ideal on land but less anatomically correct for a shark, but maybe not so much for a further evolved anthro shark.

Doesn't matter though, vote for the one you want via a thumbs up on this post or the post above.

509949ffea6fc275b55197d4e6560137.png

1 hour ago, NightroModzz said:

New UVs

0ae951e958ad1e602b39a51c4cab25e6.png

Old UVs

ea79ef3487b96a4ff0290e67abb2b41f.png

Don't mind the missing edges, wireframe view in UV mode is a bit weird in Zbrush, especially when viewing triangulated meshes.

hey , is it for the new tail or the old?

ok thanks for replying , one question though , will something happen if I try to manually slim the face of female shark in outfit studio?

2 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

???

The new mesh/UV is the top and the old mesh/UV is the bottom.

4 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

New UVs

Less seams is always better so that looks very nice to me, though due to that I have a question I really hate to ask: any idea when you are done with the tail?

The reason why I'm asking is that I have been doing RM overlays lately and those include a tail/fin one too* (and I might make more of them, depends on things), due to different UV mapping I'd have to redo those.

So if it's Soon™ or in a few months or something like that, I'll just delay my own junk since I'd have to conform to taller tail on the body ones too.

Obviously I understand that Blaze also would need to implement it into the mod itself too etc., nor am I in a hurry or anything.

* I don't actually expect anyone else to use the fin/tail ones than me since those need to be blended into texture itself due to lack of RM support and that process is very trial and error if you want them to match the body and would need to be made into separate equippable tail with different texture set specific to that one character unless you want all other sharks to have same pattern and color too.

E:

13 minutes ago, D C said:

will something happen if I try to manually slim the face of female shark in outfit studio?

If head is the only one you want to modify, I'm not sure why you are planning on using OS for that when RaceMenu includes sculpting which is pretty much made for exactly what you are planning on doing, unless you want to squish up every single female Selachii NPC.

30 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

any idea when you are done with the tail?

I'll be giving Blaze69 the recourse files sometime tomorrow. I can upload the triangulated mesh here if you want, but there are no guarantees anything wont be changed after the testing phase. For example, if the fins near the base become a problem.

I can upload the triangulated mesh here if you want

I really appreciate the kind offer but...

there are no guarantees anything wont be changed after the testing phase.

^ this, it's better I wait instead of having to do the overlays multiple times if something changes. And while I'm fairly sure the texture will be projected from the old tail to this one, I can't know for certain if the pale part's position changes even a bit and since I use that as guidance etc., it's doubly better I wait.