SSE Criticism Thread

Wow, what a petty reason to be angry.

Did you get upset when they released free versions of Arena and Daggerfall? Or when an Elder Scrolls game goes on sale/gets permanently discounted after you paid full price for it (after all, people that buy then would have paid less for the game than you did)?

Giving SSE free to owners of Skryim + all DLC wasn't a "loyalty" reward, but instead the company deciding to not charge for re-releasing the game on a specific system. And since the Special Edition comes will all the Skyrim DLC, it would be giving one or more DLCs to someone who hadn't paid for it if they didn't have the restriction on eligibility.

I'd also be willing to bet it was a PR move: give the people most likely to already be mod makers the game for free, and they'll be more likely to convert their mods, not just to SSE PC version, but to the consoles as well (barring limitations). That and getting modding for the console versions is an attempt to maximize profits for minimal effort.

You want a criticism thread of SSE then having people challenge BS and point out the MERITS of the game is REQUIRED. You don't want people challenging your positions because so much of the SSE butthurt is baseless and made manifest by UNREASONIBLE gamer expectations. Yes it is unreasonable to hate SSE because it can't at launch out 'perform' Oldrim after 5 years of mods. Yes it is unreasonable to hate SSE because Bethesda didn't give the base game free if you owned the base game but not the DLCs. Ever heard of LOYALTY rewards? These are rewards companies give to consumers that buy a given amount of goods from a company. It can be as single as the bakers dozen, buy 12 of something from a baker and get a free one. We see loyalty rewards for coffee and subs with cards every time you buy a coffee or sub you get a stamp fill the card and you get a free sub. No company is beholden to you to make their loyalty program fit you wants and desires.

There is no intellectual foundation to say well if you own just the base game of Oldrim then you should get the base game of SSE, Because owning the base game and all the DLCs gives you SSE + DLCs. Bethesda is allowed to shape their free promotion how ever they f@cking well want. You don't get to dictate how they reward their customers for their loyalty. All you get to do is decide will I meet the requirements or not. You are given three bloody choices. 1) Get SSE for free by meeting the requirements, buy SSE because you did not meet the requirements or take a pass on SSE. A company giving you those choices isn't screwing you over.

Bethesda isn't a great corporate neighbour and there are plenty of things to not like about their positions but give SSE free to their PC customers isn't one. The fact that so many of you are QQing over this and making it a huge deal tells me that it is idiots' regret.

that's a joke, or?

loyalty bonus of Bethesda, I have all Elder Scroll games on the day of publication NEW bought. (Daggerfall, Arena, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim)

Also Oldrim + 2 DLCs, this cost me 120, 00 euros!!

Many players have but Oldrim + DLCs after 3 or 4 years bought and this cost you no more than 30, 00 euros.

The irony, NO the shit, these players get SSE, although you paid much less!

And therefore I hate Bethesda!  :angry:

You don't own oldrim and the DLCs so you don't get SSE for free, but because other people bought the game later for less money and got the game free too Bethesda should be hated? WTF how is people getting SSE free but paying less for Oldrim ruining your experience? How does that even compute in your mind? Are you that a$$hole at work that complains that people who come into work an hour late also still get an hour for lunch, because it isn't fair?

Proof some gamers are just a$$wipes.

"Wah wah wah Bethesda offered me the game free and I said no but you got the game free because you said yes wah wah wah Bethesda you suck for giving the game free to other people. My mom says I am super duper awesome special so you should  not have given the game to those "other" people who bought the game on sale. Wah wah wah Bethesda are big meanies" ~stomps feet~ What are you a f@cking two year old?

You claim you didn't get SSE free at one point, now claim you have oldrim and the DLCs okay so why don't you have SSE for free? Because you chose NOT to buy the cheapest DLC for even cheaper on sale.  So why are you mad that Bethesda gave you the choice? How is you choosing not to do X but other people who do choose to do X ruining your day?  So it is me or do you just change the bullsh!t coming out of your mouth to fit whatever narrative you can spin, facts be damned, that makes Bethesda look bad in your warped mind? Because giving everyone on PC SSE for free who owns oldrim+dlcs isn't really a dick move as much as you are trying to spin that narrative. Plus given how many times you have contradicted yourself I have no reason to believe anything you say is true. I highly doubt you bought all the TES games new at full price simply because you act like a teenager and I suspect Arena and daggerfall were even released before you were born let alone be at an age where you could buy these games with your own money.

Did you get upset when they released free versions of Arena and Daggerfall? Or when an Elder Scrolls game goes on sale/gets permanently discounted after you paid full price for it (after all, people that buy then would have paid less for the game than you did)?

---snip---

These games cost me at that time (NEW) respectively 49, 95 German marks.

You want a criticism thread of SSE then having people challenge BS and point out the MERITS of the game is REQUIRED. You don't want people challenging your positions because so much of the SSE butthurt is baseless and made manifest by UNREASONIBLE gamer expectations. Yes it is unreasonable to hate SSE because it can't at launch out 'perform' Oldrim after 5 years of mods. Yes it is unreasonable to hate SSE because Bethesda didn't give the base game free if you owned the base game but not the DLCs. Ever heard of LOYALTY rewards? These are rewards companies give to consumers that buy a given amount of goods from a company. It can be as single as the bakers dozen, buy 12 of something from a baker and get a free one. We see loyalty rewards for coffee and subs with cards every time you buy a coffee or sub you get a stamp fill the card and you get a free sub. No company is beholden to you to make their loyalty program fit you wants and desires.

There is no intellectual foundation to say well if you own just the base game of Oldrim then you should get the base game of SSE, Because owning the base game and all the DLCs gives you SSE + DLCs. Bethesda is allowed to shape their free promotion how ever they f@cking well want. You don't get to dictate how they reward their customers for their loyalty. All you get to do is decide will I meet the requirements or not. You are given three bloody choices. 1) Get SSE for free by meeting the requirements, buy SSE because you did not meet the requirements or take a pass on SSE. A company giving you those choices isn't screwing you over.

Bethesda isn't a great corporate neighbour and there are plenty of things to not like about their positions but give SSE free to their PC customers isn't one. The fact that so many of you are QQing over this and making it a huge deal tells me that it is idiots' regret.

that's a joke, or?

loyalty bonus of Bethesda, I have all Elder Scroll games on the day of publication NEW bought. (Daggerfall, Arena, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim)

Also Oldrim + 2 DLCs, this cost me 120, 00 euros!!

Many players have but Oldrim + DLCs after 3 or 4 years bought and this cost you no more than 30, 00 euros.

The irony, NO the shit, these players get SSE, although you paid much less!

And therefore I hate Bethesda!  :angry:

You don't own oldrim and the DLCs so you don't get SSE for free, but because other people bought the game later for less money and got the game free too Bethesda should be hated? WTF how is people getting SSE free but paying less for Oldrim ruining your experience? How does that even compute in your mind? Are you that a$$hole at work that complains that people who come into work an hour late also still get an hour for lunch, because it isn't fair?

Proof some gamers are just a$$wipes.

"Wah wah wah Bethesda offered me the game free and I said no but you got the game free because you said yes wah wah wah Bethesda you suck for giving the game free to other people. My mom says I am super duper awesome special so you should  not have given the game to those "other" people who bought the game on sale. Wah wah wah Bethesda are big meanies" ~stomps feet~ What are you a f@cking two year old?

You claim you didn't get SSE free at one point, now claim you have oldrim and the DLCs okay so why don't you have SSE for free? Because you chose NOT to buy the cheapest DLC for even cheaper on sale.  So why are you mad that Bethesda gave you the choice? How is you choosing not to do X but other people who do choose to do X ruining your day?  So it is me or do you just change the bullsh!t coming out of your mouth to fit whatever narrative you can spin, facts be damned, that makes Bethesda look bad in your warped mind? Because giving everyone on PC SSE for free who owns oldrim+dlcs isn't really a dick move as much as you are trying to spin that narrative. Plus given how many times you have contradicted yourself I have no reason to believe anything you say is true. I highly doubt you bought all the TES games new at full price simply because you act like a teenager and I suspect Arena and daggerfall were even released before you were born let alone be at an age where you could buy these games with your own money.

I am 59 years old!

My first console.

hqdefault.jpg

My first computer.

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/c64/h/complete.jpg

I think you do not even know.  ;)

Giving SSE free to owners of Skryim + all DLC wasn't a "loyalty" reward, but instead the company deciding to not charge for re-releasing the game on a specific system. And since the Special Edition comes will all the Skyrim DLC, it would be giving one or more DLCs to someone who hadn't paid for it if they didn't have the restriction on eligibility.

I'd also be willing to bet it was a PR move: give the people most likely to already be mod makers the game for free, and they'll be more likely to convert their mods, not just to SSE PC version, but to the consoles as well (barring limitations). That and getting modding for the console versions is an attempt to maximize profits for minimal effort.

That's the whole gist of it. But Bethesda isn't thinking about modders who don't give a shit about Hearthfires, which was a point I made across a while back. Since this is a whole PR Marketing attempt to lure modders into porting their work not only to SSE but to console, like they did with beta testers, which was pretty fucked up if you know the story behind that, they could have thought about those who mod the game and don't have all DLCs and just give them what they already own in order to increase the possibilities for more mods on SSE and even on console since that is what's important out of Bethesda and SSE.

SSE is like USLEEP, if you don't own all the DLCs, you are out of luck.

---snip---

I call Bullsh!t. What adult b!tches and complains about older products going on sale and people buying them on sale? Seriously what adult looks with hatred on a company for selling older merchandise on sale? Children resent others for getting things cheaper than themselves, adults know this is how things work and learn to take advantage of this for themselves.

I really don't believe you were born when Arena or Daggerfall were first released because you'd have to be well over 22 years old to have bought arena yourself which is 22 year old so say 15 year old to have bought the game and that is generous that YOU bought it at 15. Which would make you 37 at a minimum. Seriously what 37+ year old thinks it is grounds for justification to hate a company for having sales? What 37+ year old thinks opting out of an option means anyone that opts in to an option is ruining their experience? That is like saying "I prefer coke and every Pepsi drinker is ruining my coke." You act like a child because I highly suspect you are a child ergo there is no way to bought a 22 year old game new for full price.

---snip---

I call Bullsh!t. What adult b!tches and complains about older products going on sale and people buying them on sale? Seriously what adult looks with hatred on a company for selling older merchandise on sale? Children resent others for getting things cheaper than themselves, adults know this is how things work and learn to take advantage of this for themselves.

I really don't believe you were born when Arena or Daggerfall were first released because you'd have to be well over 22 years old to have bought arena yourself which is 22 year old so say 15 year old to have bought the game and that is generous that YOU bought it at 15. Which would make you 37 at a minimum. Seriously what 37+ year old thinks it is grounds for justification to hate a company for having sales? What 37+ year old thinks opting out of an option means anyone that opts in to an option is ruining their experience? That is like saying "I prefer coke and every Pepsi drinker is ruining my coke." You act like a child because I highly suspect you are a child ergo there is no way to bought a 22 year old game new for full price.

I bought Daggerfall on August 31, 1996!  ;)

I bought my first computer in 1982  :P

One of my first RPGs * Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos * 1993.  :)

That's the whole gist of it. But Bethesda isn't thinking about modders who don't give a shit about Hearthfires, which was a point I made across a while back. Since this is a whole PR Marketing attempt to lure modders into porting their work not only to SSE but to console, like they did with beta testers, which was pretty fucked up if you know the story behind that, they could have thought about those who mod the game and don't have all DLCs and just give them what they already own in order to increase the possibilities for more mods on SSE and even on console since that is what's important out of Bethesda and SSE.

SSE is like USLEEP, if you don't own all the DLCs, you are out of luck.

What is your point? You have the OPTION to opt in or opt out. How is this a bad thing for Bethesda or gamers in general? This entire thread is more of a circle jerk of people trying to convince themselves that their CHOICE to not get SSE either for free or pay for it is the right one and the Bethesda are as$holes for even giving us three options on SSE.

As I have pointed out mutual benefit doesn't negate benefits. Just because Bethesda benefits from giving SSE free to people doesn't negate that getting SSE is a benefit. WTF is wrong with people? You can't gain a benefit unless it only benefits you and you alone?

What in inherently WRONG with giving you these three choices actually 4 choices

1) Getting SSE for free if you met the EASY to obtain requirements

2) Allowing people to opt out of SSE

3) Allowing people to buy SSE if they decide they want it

4) Allowing people to buy oldrim instead (Oldrim is still available as are all the DLCs) 

Nothing about those choices is exclusionary or bad business practises or inherently anti-consumer of all the things Bethesda does that is anticonsumer these choices are inherently pro-consumer because they give YOU the choices and you are never frozen out of playing either SSE, oldrim or both. You are still able to play them all with full functionality.

What blows my mind is that you made a conscious choice not to opt in and resent Bethesda for making that choice. How are they to blame? Well they didn't offer the SSE without benefits to themselves. SO? How does that negate or nullify the benefit to the consumer? A question you lot REFUSE to acknowledge or answer, I suspect because doing so forces you to acknowledge you have no foundation for you QQing.

Wah wah wah Bethesda didn't treat some modders well in the beta. So? What is your point? That doesn't magically made SSE crap or magically nullify the benefits of SSE nor does that negate the benefit to gamers for getting it Free. I also think this is real tinfoil hat BS as well. If the only reason to give SSE free was to get console mods they could have contacted every creator of a mod on Bethesda.net for fallout 4 and the nexus and said if you own oldrim plus the DLCs then we will send you free copy of sse. But they didn't they gave the SSE free offer for EVERY PC user. And they did this at the announcement of the game's release. So lets not warp history to fit your tinfoil hat theories. AND to be clear YES giving SSE benefited  Bethesda by getting modders to mod the game on console but again how does that nullify the benefit of getting the game free for all PC users who OWN the content?

If you choose not to buy all the content stop whining that not all mods work. What you are blaming Bethesda for USLEEP now because modders choose to make their mod only available to people who own all the DLCs? Those evil modders please or is that evil Bethesda you sold a game of the year edition? You are not even making sense.

Yes if you make the CHOICE to opt out you don't get the advantages but you CHOSE to opt out so stop the being a child and crying over your adult decisions. 

---snip---

I just don't beleive you. I don't beleive an adult would act as you. Maybe i lack the imagination to beleive an adult could act like a such a childish as$hole as yourself but i honestly beleive you are a child. The fact that you have spent so much time trying to 'prove' you are an adult strikes me as what a child would do. i don't imagine an adult would care to spend the time trying to convince a stranger they are an adult. Maybe i am wrong but I just don't beleive you are 20+ let alone 59 years old.

This discussion is partly ridiculous.
I can not understand this excitement.

Skyrim SE is a porting on 64bit including all DLC's- not more.
Just little things that you really can neglect have been additionally implemented.
More is not described by Bethesda.

Some history:
With Fallout 4, Bethesda has also allowed the use of mods for console users for the first time. In my opinion, a good idea and long overdue.

With Fallout 4, Bethesda has also made it possible for the first time to distribute mods - also in order and long overdue.

With Skyrim SE Bethesda has gone through the last and really important step and used a common game engine.

This was more than overdue.
A right choice for today and above all for future titles of Bethesda.
As a modder, I'm grateful not to have to use different versions of 3ds, Havok etc. for each game in the future.

When SKSE, HDT-PE, etc. has been ported, Skyrim SE is quite an alternative.
Since I have all DLC's, I got it for free.
For free is not a matter of course - just by the way.

Who did not have all the DLC's - until the day of the release was enough time to buy these DLC's.

Whoever has not done so has made a decision - and does not have to blame others for his own decision.

I dare a prognosis: if SKS, HDT PE, FNIS, ENB, Outfit Studio and other fundamental mods / extensions / applications are available for Skyrim SE

- firstly, almost all major mods are ported
- secondly, be many new mods that were previously not possible

About Bugs:
- first, Vanilla Skyrim is quite playable without USKP or USLEEP.

Other point about bugs:
Assuming that Bethesda had fixed known bugs in SSE - what would happen then?
A huge roar of all those who roar today.
All those who do not have SSE but Skyrim OLD would make an insurrection.

My Conclusion: Correct Decision - Beneficiaries are the players and mod authors, even if it means effort (for mod authors) and some howl because the train has left.

Hearthfire for 4.99 - you get in Germany not even a box of cigarettes  :lol:

This discussion is partly ridiculous.
I can not understand this excitement.

Skyrim SE is a porting on 64bit including all DLC's- not more.
Just little things that you really can neglect have been additionally implemented.
More is not described by Bethesda.

Some history:
With Fallout 4, Bethesda has also allowed the use of mods for console users for the first time. In my opinion, a good idea and long overdue.

With Fallout 4, Bethesda has also made it possible for the first time to distribute mods - also in order and long overdue.

With Skyrim SE Bethesda has gone through the last and really important step and used a common game engine.

This was more than overdue.
A right choice for today and above all for future titles of Bethesda.
As a modder, I'm grateful not to have to use different versions of 3ds, Havok etc. for each game in the future.

When SKSE, HDT-PE, etc. has been ported, Skyrim SE is quite an alternative.
Since I have all DLC's, I got it for free.
For free is not a matter of course - just by the way.

Who did not have all the DLC's - until the day of the release was enough time to buy these DLC's.

Whoever has not done so has made a decision - and does not have to blame others for his own decision.

I dare a prognosis: if SKS, HDT PE, FNIS, ENB, Outfit Studio and other fundamental mods / extensions / applications are available for Skyrim SE

- firstly, almost all major mods are ported
- secondly, be many new mods that were previously not possible

About Bugs:
- first, Vanilla Skyrim is quite playable without USKP or USLEEP.

Other point about bugs:
Assuming that Bethesda had fixed known bugs in SSE - what would happen then?
A huge roar of all those who roar today.
All those who do not have SSE but Skyrim OLD would make an insurrection.

My Conclusion: Correct Decision - Beneficiaries are the players and mod authors, even if it means effort (for mod authors) and some howl because the train has left.

Hearthfire for 4.99 - you get in Germany not even a box of cigarettes  :lol:

It's just 64-bit with slight lighting tweaks; that's it. It has the same fucking bugs it had before nothing has been fixed nothing is new. You guys would be surprised how many people don't fucking care about SSE.

So far no one I know is going to SSE except for 1. But he had nothing to lose so who cares, his loss.

This whole SSE movement/craze is fucking retarded. Bet you in 1 or 2 years its going to be a lost cause.

I just don't beleive you. I don't beleive an adult would act as you. Maybe i lack the imagination to beleive an adult could act like a such a childish as$hole as yourself but i honestly beleive you are a child. The fact that you have spent so much time trying to 'prove' you are an adult strikes me as what a child would do. i don't imagine an adult would care to spend the time trying to convince a stranger they are an adult. Maybe i am wrong but I just don't beleive you are 20+ let alone 59 years old.

Believe what you want, that goes me so something the ass over.  :) 

Who so by a company (Bethesda) convinced is, itself is still a child.  :P 

Woe an evil word over Bethesda and you begin to cry.

Bethesda is for me a money greedy companies and thereto You do not change anything.  ;)

Edit: I forgot when you love Bethesda so much, then you can Toddy also equal one make request (wedding proposal)

---snip---

Nice grammar, I'm guessing (hoping) that english isn't your native language?

Bethesda is for me a money greedy companies and thereto You do not change anything.  ;)

Falls Du Hilfe benötigst beim deinstallieren der bösen Bethesda Games, frag mich einfach.

If you need help to uninstall the bad Bethesda Games, just ask me.

Falls Du Hilfe benötigst beim deinstallieren der bösen Bethesda Games, frag mich einfach.

darum geht es nicht, es geht darum was ich bereits bezahlt habe, ich habe Bethesda schon so viel geld in den Rachen gestopft, ich hoffe sie ersticken daran.  ;)

ach ja da war doch noch was, sie sind nicht fähig ein neues The Elder Scroll zu machen, desshalb SSE.

darum geht es nicht, es geht darum was ich bereits bezahlt habe, ich habe Bethesda schon so viel geld in den Rachen gestopft, ich hoffe sie ersticken daran.  ;)

ach ja da war doch noch was, sie sind nicht fähig ein neues The Elder Scroll zu machen, desshalb SSE.

I hate when people don't get the idea, we speak in english just to be nice, because we want to share ideas and opinion with everyone, if english is the common language, people cannot argue because grammar mistakes, and yes, portugues aqui.

Back to the topic, i agreed with you about bethesda, but for other reasons, since always i have volkswagen car, what i got with that is just one thing, i know the name of vendor, i don't get discounts or free cars/upgrades because of that, same goes for games, not because you have all games you need to have the new one for free.

But yes, bethesda become a greedy company, when they double the staff some years ago, i think, here comes the shit storm, and them you have it, bethesda.net is nothing but a tool to break more the community, don't give us nothing, no new tools, rewards, nothing, i see the comments there, that place is toxic.

This situation (i already said that somewere) remembers me when i used to mod my computer case, i have to make the pieces, projects, find stuff, create stuff, my case was unique, them some companies see the people who do that and start making it too, them all the love and magic that have in making a case was gone, no fun anymore, you could buy it all and just have to select the color, is not just about the money, money is not the problem, the problem is a cold view from a company, the same view that makes this skyrim something edition, we see the game and there is no passion on it, no love... George Lucas remaster start wars don't know how many times, because they want it to become better, not just to make money.

-snip-

I really don't like personal insults. Focusing on someone else's age so much seems to me to be just as childish. I agree with some of what you said, but part of the reason we would all prefer that most people left is because everyone on the pro sse side of the discussion seems to just wanna keep throwing insults. Why can't we all just have a civilized discussion?

I think this might be a result of the language barrier, but winny would prefer, that the game be split up and that she be given what she already has. I think she has all except hf, so she would like to have sse base game, and sse db and dg. There is as far as I know no reason to defend beth's choice to make the entire game into 1 package. They could have just as easily sold the base game for for like 40 and the 2 dlc for 7.50 each and hearthfire for 5. As far as I know, there is also no functional reason to keeping them all together. I'm pretty sure you can remove all the dlc and play just the base game if you wanted to. So winny would like it if they gave here the base game and 2 dlc but not hf for free, because she hates hf anyways and would likely remove from her game if she ever switched to sse. Again, giving out the base game for free even, would have been beneficial to them, as there are a lot of modders who don't own all dlc, and don't want to fork over 60 just so they can port their mods, they are more than happy sticking with oldrim. Giving them just the base game, and maybe expecting them to buy the dlc, would have been a compromise, and one beth would have gotten a lot out of, as there would be more people to create and port mods for sse/console. It is a fact that the reason they gave out the game hoping the modding community to would be willing to port mods for console. If they gave out just the base game for people who don't own dlcs, there would have been even more people willing to port stuff.

middlefinger, that video is hilarious.

It's just 64-bit with slight lighting tweaks; that's it. It has the same fucking bugs it had before nothing has been fixed nothing is new. You guys would be surprised how many people don't fucking care about SSE.

So far no one I know is going to SSE except for 1. But he had nothing to lose so who cares, his loss.

This whole SSE movement/craze is fucking retarded. Bet you in 1 or 2 years its going to be a lost cause.

...Ignoring the fact you're sticking your head into the sand, I'll bite. First off, 'slight' lighting tweaks is ignoring the fact it's fixed blocky shadows; WHICH, despite how hard you mod your oldrim with ENB, they'll still be blocks/change back into blocks even if you tweak the ini settings, which 64 bit has fixed. You're also forgetting issues regarding stability and the 32 bit skyrim as well as physics and water (seriously water flowing to the side of the riverbank then spazzing was one of my biggest pet peeves for Oldrim, glad Newrim fixed it.

You're right with the bugs, I won't argue there. I despise the fact bethesda decided not to fix the literal LIST modders made of bugs that was compiled for them to fix. I will argue about people not caring, considering that Skyrim SE was/is on the Steam most players list currently.

I'm not a fanboy but goddamn generalizations like this bother the shit out of me.

...Ignoring the fact you're sticking your head into the sand, I'll bite. First off, 'slight' lighting tweaks is ignoring the fact it's fixed blocky shadows; WHICH, despite how hard you mod your oldrim with ENB, they'll still be blocks/change back into blocks even if you tweak the ini settings, which 64 bit has fixed. You're also forgetting issues regarding stability and the 32 bit skyrim as well as physics and water (seriously water flowing to the side of the riverbank then spazzing was one of my biggest pet peeves for Oldrim, glad Newrim fixed it.

You're right with the bugs, I won't argue there. I despise the fact bethesda decided not to fix the literal LIST modders made of bugs that was compiled for them to fix. I will argue about people not caring, considering that Skyrim SE was/is on the Steam most players list currently.

I'm not a fanboy but goddamn generalizations like this bother the shit out of me.

Generalizations?

I wasn't talking about gay ass Steam. Most character creators are the ones staying. Which is a heap of fucking people on a lot of different sites...

You're two first statements:

1. Shadows? WOW, SHADOWS, WHAT A HUGE CHANGE...!!! Yes; slight tweaks was correct. They did nothing but add a shitty DOF, godrays, and a tiny bit more color. Other then that, thats it.

2. Water: umm you do realize any fucking water mod fixes that?

...Ignoring the fact you're sticking your head into the sand, I'll bite. First off, 'slight' lighting tweaks is ignoring the fact it's fixed blocky shadows; WHICH, despite how hard you mod your oldrim with ENB, they'll still be blocks/change back into blocks even if you tweak the ini settings, which 64 bit has fixed.

you don't mess with the ini for that, you mess with the light

161122063402371292.jpg

same cell, same ini, same enb, but far away from that candle or whatever light it is

161122063401209967.jpg

that's why you can't make all lights look good

161122071531415778.jpg

you can only render x with flag don't remember at once, here i am missing that one

161122071543133801.jpg

because i use the spell cast light mod

and some npc i can't even see is hitting a dummie somewhere with spells

...Ignoring the fact you're sticking your head into the sand, I'll bite. First off, 'slight' lighting tweaks is ignoring the fact it's fixed blocky shadows; WHICH, despite how hard you mod your oldrim with ENB, they'll still be blocks/change back into blocks even if you tweak the ini settings, which 64 bit has fixed.

you don't mess with the ini for that, you mess with the light

161122063402371292.jpg

same cell, same ini, same enb, but far away from that candle or whatever light it is

161122063401209967.jpg

that's why you can't make all lights look good

161122071531415778.jpg

you can only render x with flag don't remember at once, here i am missing that one

161122071543133801.jpg

because i use the spell cast light mod

and some npc i can't even see is hitting a dummie somewhere with spells

He clearly has no idea what he's saying.

He's the one making generalizations.

You guys really have to chill out is not like someone insulted your mother if claims that the SE is not worth it...

Personally i have the special edition but i tend to laugh when someone claims is a gift from bethesda for who owned the game...

Fact is:

Bethesda needed modders to create content for the special edition...

Bethesda needed a reason to give the Special Edition visibility on the market as a product

Bethesda needed content creator to produce content for Skyrim special edition since the mod for console were added..

In the end: They had not choice but give the game for free at who legitimate owned the game and dlcs at the first place.. They simply had no choice this is not a charity act..

Now imagine a different scenario...

Bethesda never given the special edition at who were owning the game and dlc on pc....

-PC gamers were totally upset and not willing to buy the game again...

-Because the backlash content creators would be less and less so less content for modding on consoles...

-Basically they used PC gamers as content creators in order to produce mod for console to make skyrim appealing again to Console gamers...

It was not again an act of charity but a well planned action so people stop say Bethesda is being good because allowed us get the special edition for free!!! That is idiotic... They did it to encourage creators to milk mods on consoles it was a marketing choice... They never did nothing for free... they instead used the modders because the focus now is "Modding on Console"

Beside the 64bit system that is supposed to improve things (And we must see if the new SKSE will be actually a thing look what happened with fallout 4 so far no impressive mods beside retexture..and things for the workshop) the game just got a Reshade.... So is  not a true remastered version...

I got it for free so i don't complain but is painful to see in a Adult Modding Community so blind fanboyism... it hurts..

that is bethesda