SSE Criticism Thread

Do not worry - Winny is Winny.
He only gets up because he's an old bad man.
Even if he got extra money for Skyrim SE.
Winny would still blow up his old wrinkled sack and claim that SKSE, FNIS, and actually everything is really bad.

I have read recently, the old man has founded his own sect.
Now he is standing in the pulpit every day and preaching - and wondering - all his disciples are standing in the pose with an "extended middle finger."
Winny has forgotten that FNIS is required for his sect.

So he is just - himself as sect leader totally incompetent. :lol:

you have me the faith on Skyrim taken, I'm not going into detail!  ;)

your attitude was the reason to do so.  :(

Do not worry - Winny is Winny.
He only gets up because he's an old bad man.
Even if he got extra money for Skyrim SE.
Winny would still blow up his old wrinkled sack and claim that SKSE, FNIS, and actually everything is really bad.

I have read recently, the old man has founded his own sect.
Now he is standing in the pulpit every day and preaching - and wondering - all his disciples are standing in the pose with an "extended middle finger."
Winny has forgotten that FNIS is required for his sect.

So he is just - himself as sect leader totally incompetent. :lol:

you have me the faith on Skyrim taken, I'm not going into detail!  ;)

So it is always. As sect leader too stupid.
And then as an atheist - not credible. :lol:

May Talos be judging you - bloody heretic.  :angry:  ;)

I like Skyrim SE so far tbh.

The only problem I have right now is that they put the main game and it's DLC on a big sale on steam- but not the special edition? Like what?.

Nor do you get the SE if you buy the original and all DLC apparently? That's just ridiculous.

There isn't even enough different to really justify that methodology. It's not like they added new content, or solved things like one weapon disappearing when you sheath dual weapons- just an improved engine and a few better graphical options. The new engine has been really good though, I approve of it however, just how they are handling the transition not so much.

The new engine has been really good though, I approve of it however,

and how is it better? some details?

like they tried in that topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/59snjn/a_list_of_all_the_changes_in_skyrim_special/

it's as useless as this topic

Graphical changes:

• The game engine is 64 bit and supports DX11. Means Skyrim's .exe can can and will use more than 4GB of RAM now. This means much more stability and smooth performance when running many large mods.
  • that's taken care of by enb (unless you have a newer windows, it was a lot of problem to still use win98 with all those winxp around, same crap as that)
  • Godrays support baked in engine. No need to use ENB to get that effect.
  • like he said, that was also in enb
  • Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO). Adds more 'depth' to the world by casting shadows where they naturally would be. Comparison: 2011 Skyrim vs Skyrim SE. Look at the individual steps on the stairs before the Jarl.
  • also in enb
  • 'Flowing' water shader. The water in rivers actually slows down when it encounters an obstacle like a fallen tree log, and speeds up when unhindered. This was showcased in the Skyrim GameJam video but never got implemented until now. See this video showing it in action.
  • finally something new and not hard to put in original skyrim
  • Temporal anti-aliasing support. Smoother than FXAA that Skyrim originally used.
  • also in enb (a lot of things don't look good when you move with that activated)
  • The shadows are much more in line with what they should actually look. Not the pixellated mess it was on vanilla. They move smoothly too, instead of increments.
  • taken care of by mods that edit lightnings
  • Texture and LOD pop-in is greatly reduced. Quite noticeable when running fast.
  • lods ini settings (performance impact of lods is ridiculous, but with some mods and stupids ini settings, that can be another story)
  • Borderless window option in game launcher
  • taken care of by ini (or enb or onetweak or whatever override what)
  • Trees are much higher-res now. Comparison: 2011 Skyrim vs Skyrim SE
  • mods are better
  • Dynamic depth-of-field effects when looking at something closely. The background blurs when looking at a flower or tree log, for example. This effect can be adjusted with a depth of field slider on the game settings,.
  • taken care of by enb
  • Overall the lightning effects are MUCH more improved than vanilla. Light just plays with the environment in ways that makes 2011 Skyrim look static while Skyrim SE feels dynamic.
  • rlo, elfx, relightning...
  • The game looks slightly 'warmer' than 2011 Skyrim. Could be merely an aesthetic change or just due to the improved lightning.
  • don't know what he is talking about, imagespace? there are mods that edit them
  • There's a subtle lens flare effect around any light source bright enough. Candles, the sun reflecting on the water... anything. J. J. Abrams would be proud.
  • not sure what he is talking about
  • Rain occlusion. Rain will no longer go through an overlying roof. It's actually an option in the Skyrim SE launcher, you can turn it off if you wish. /u/A_Sinister_Sheep
  • real shelter
  • Landscape shadows are fixed. No more striped shadows on rocks.
  • he is repeating himself
  • There is a lot more grass and vegetation.
  • they should have enable lighting on grass instead, grass mods do a better job
  • Character generation screen is 'smoother' and morphs between presets gradually instead of abruptly
  • have no idea what he is talking about, updating followers would be more problems if they had mess with that
  • The loading screens are 60fps now. /u/TheMGS3
  • limiting fps to 60,30 or less in loading screens doesn't change anything, it's just a camara moving around a nif (more than 60 fps can be a problem when the game is done loading the save)
  • As a whole the game loads faster than vanilla 2011 Skyrim on my PC.
  • really? some data on that?
  • I'm running the game on an archaic i7 920 with R9 380X. The game runs at a near-constant 60fps at 1080p for me in high settings, outdoors and indoors. So far so good.
  • he would also have 60 fps in vanilla skyrim... if there's a big difference, why don't they post some screens skyrim/sse using the same textures

Game engine changes:

• The engine can handle MUCH more actors onscreen without crashing. It slows down, obviously, but it doesn't crash for me, say, if I spawn 500 bandits using console commands.
  • it's an engine limitation to keep the first npc that were load doing their stuff if a warzone mod load too much npc for your config (if there's no more ram for textures game don't load them, if there's no more ram for moving around npc, ctd, engine suicide itself)
  • pc are stronger than 5 years ago, they can handle more, limit can be move up
  • Game handles Alt-Tab much better than vanilla unmodded Skyrim Legendary edition. Especially on bordered window mode.
  • took them 5 years to fix that? double cursor fix won't have to be ported to sse then

Gameplay changes:

• Separate character saves just like Fallout 4. No longer you have to hunt down your specific character from hundreds of saves. Just select your character's name and it lists only the saves for that character.
  • you have the same with mo profiles
  • Sprinting behaves like it was in Fallout 4... you don't have to hold it down all time. It's like a toggle. Speaking of which, the default keybinding for sprint on PC is Alt instead of Shift...
  • making the sprint the same as c to auto run, there are mods for that
  • You can loot the Imperial Torturer's hood in Helgen now. /u/sradac and /u/Robmomanjaro
  • there are mods to take care of the rest (torturer belt, weapons, sado maso gear...)

Things Bethesda screwed up (yeah, this deserves its own section):

• Apparently the audio is wonky and more compressed than the original for the PC and Xbox One versions. PS4 isn't affected. Link to the relevant thread at r/skyrimmods. Way to go Bethesda.
  • it's for the 60 fps some care so much about (doubt this save much ram, some have heard the difference anyway)
  • Most game textures are using the HD texture pack DLC, but they are upscaled at least 2x. For example, instead of using the original 4k textures (which Bethesda surely has stored somewhere), they just upscaled the 2k textures into 4k ones, ran them through a filter and called it a day. The result is that Skyrim SE with these '4k' textures looks worse than modded Skyrim with 2k textures. DOH! Relevant thread at r/skyrimmods.
  • as if bethesda had a 4k texture version of all skyrim texture...
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/59va9l/skyrim_se_texture_report/
  • Just like Fallout 4, Godrays are a FPS killer. I can only set them to medium. Any higher and the game cannot maintain 60FPS and dips to low 40s...
  • putting those godrays from medium to high cost 20 fps? didn't saw such a big difference when replacing a 2k enbsunsprite.tga from an enb by a 1k texture from another enb
  • The game physics are still tied to the framerate. Uncap the framerate above 60 and you will see hilarious glitches. Like the infamous horse carriage one on the intro.
  • carriage "bug" have nothing to do with fps... it's some mods quests with highter priority than helgen quest that make its scripts wait, horse turn, carriage that was supposed to turn x seconds later turn y seconds later, surprise

hahah, I uninstalled se today, what a coincidence. 

I prefer the original so far. Less stable but looks better (with enb original looks MUCH better, imo) and has more ..hehehe... really goooooood mods. 

LOL godrays LOL

LOL gameplay changes LOL 

no, really, fucking gameplay changes...palmface...it is exactly the same game, separate saves are not gameplay changes....

sprint toggle...EPIC I mean legendary gameplay change mhmmm yeah 10/10 Todd is king

"You can loot the Imperial Torturer's hood in Helgen now"

oh, yeah!!! Finally!!! I was waiting five fucking years for this !!!!!!!!!! Thank you master Toddlemort, thank you!!111one /cries/

All the complainers, really honestly you do not have to play SE at all.. just uninstall it.. no body cares. Personally I am lvl 60 with a full playthrough, have just dragonborn to finish, and not a single CTD with 112 active mods. Game looks great and feels better than original, stability is so nice.

All the complainers, really honestly you do not have to play SE at all.. just uninstall it.. no body cares. Personally I am lvl 60 with a full playthrough, have just dragonborn to finish, and not a single CTD with 112 active mods. Game looks great and feels better than original, stability is so nice.

Considering the amount of people coming into this thread to defend Skyrim SE's besmirched honor, it would seem you do care. A lot.

All the complainers, really honestly you do not have to play SE at all.. just uninstall it.. no body cares.

why did you bother coming here and posting that post then?

Personally I am lvl 60 with a full playthrough, have just dragonborn to finish, and not a single CTD with 112 active mods. Game looks great and feels better than original, stability is so nice.

so what? you want a candy?

here's my full playtrough save start in 2014

161127070337413449.jpg

161127070318493773.jpg

161127070340765897.jpg

161127070321438529.jpg

16112707033578215.jpg

161127070335452227.jpg

161127070347731209.jpg

save is fine

161127070331205240.jpg

those 128 orphan scripts that's because i was too lazy to go back to earlier save (to craft new outfits again) before trying next mod

and not a single CTD with 112 active mods.

another god that don't ctd, there are hundreds of ctd posts for you in the technical section, have fun

took care of most conflicts of my load order in 2014, still found a few ctd to take care of

Most crashes in Skyrim were due to memory allocation problems in the engine itself, SKSE plugins and script heavy mods. They may have fixed or at least improved memory allocation issues in the SE, but it's too early to do stability comparisons. You don't even have SKSE yet or plugins to work with it. I also doubt that you have that many script heavy mods, at least not SexLab, pregnancy mods and the like.

Speaking of playthroughs, this was my last (Yes, that's a "hater's" playthrough). I highly doubt that you'll be able to play SSE "without a crash" with this kind of mod setup.

With 227 plugins and even bigger number of mods including quite a few SexLab mods, I'm finally about to finish literally everything this game has to offer, including all DLCs, minus a few last bits of Dragonborn and the main quest and the Civil War quest.

I've actually merged a few plugins and removed a few quite recently, so yes, at some point it was more than 227 plugins.

I may post some actual statistics later on, but here's a bunch of stuff I immediately recall:

• My current save is about 22 MB (plus a 300 KB co-save).
  • The number of necks I've bitten is more than the number of my LL posts.
  • My character has 40 children!
  • I'm a thane in every hold in Skyrim.
  • I'm the champion of every Daedric prince.
  • I'm the Archmage of the College of WH, the Harbinger of the Companions, the Listener of the DB, the guildmaster of the TG.
  • I'm a werewolf as well as a vampire lord (yes, I have mods for that).
  • I currently know all available shouts except 4 (I think) which are obtained while doing the quests I haven't yet started (e.g. the 3rd word of Storm Call).
Like Elf Prince, I'm currently level 92, however, in my game, crafting (smithing, enchanting and alchemy) doesn't give you any experience points at all.

Edit: 

SexLab Stats:

post-102569-0-00372200-1454432376.jpg

Some actual stats:

Food Eaten: 1233

Necks Bitten: 2516

Items Pickpocketed: 2498

Items Stolen: 4902

Days Jailed: 102

Chests Looted: 9977

Days Passed: 767

Days as a Werewolf: 610

Days as a Vampire: 764

Hours Slept: 8704

Hours Waiting: 371

SexLab and related mods that I currently have (copied from MO modlist.txt, the actual load order is reversed):

+Non-SexLab Animations Pack ver V2.8.2

+FNIS 5.5

+SexLab Spouses Enhanced 1.7.2

+SexLab Romance 1.0.6

+SexLab Theft and Seduction v2.15

+SexLab Solutions v4.0.2

+SexLab Dangerous Nights 1.6.2

+SexLab Radiant Prostitution 3.2.2

+SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution v2.0.1.0

+SexLab Procreation v1.1a for RS Children

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems Dragonborn 1.5

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems for RS Children 1.5

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems 1.5

+SexLab Hentai Pregnancy 1.19

+SexLab Wear and Tear

+SexLab Submit Patch for SL 1.59c

+SexLab Submit 01SEP14 1133

+SexLab Deadly Drain 1.4

+SexLab Fuckem Up1.0

+SexLab Skooma Whore 0.9.3b

+xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 7a

+xazPrisonOverhaul V033 fix

+SexLab Aroused V21 Loose

+SOS FULL

+More Nasty Critters 7.11

+ZazAnimationPack v0605

+SexLab HDT HighHeels Handler

+SexLab Doggy Style Sounds

+SexLab Sound FX Replacer v1.7.1 Mature

+SexLab Framework 1.59c - Disable Unwanted Animations

+SexLab Framework 1.59c

Yes, I spent 17 hours 39 minutes just by having sex in my last playthrough. So what?

It is too early to actually call SE stable yet. There is no SKSE so we have no idea if papyrus is stable yet. I bet if we get SKSE DDI and sexlab mods going we will actually many crash fest again like oldrim. In that case it was never memory but just script engine.

Oldrim was never unstable for me like memory allocation it was always done by script engine overload causes my game to crash.

You can see in game people are playing where if you look South.Performance drags behind.

If you move too fast.The game crashes.So performance is everything.The game is horribly unbalanced.

and what is horribly unbalanced?

some can fix it if you tell them what is the problem

did a few tests before moving enderal from ssd (it's not performance friendly so it's better to find what eat fps)

uncompressed bsa, enb

161124114845330734.jpg

enb off

161124114814740943.jpg

compressed bsa, enb on

161124114629684747.jpg

enb off

161124114627299319.jpg

without textures, enb on

161124114549244638.jpg

enb off

161124114611834396.jpg

test as useless as last year, there's some commands to disable things

161124115131813234.jpg

no water (as if water was just eating 0.3 fps, waterfalls and the rest are probably 5-15 fps)

161124114919365088.jpg

no grass, fog, other things

161124114903441720.jpg

useless commands, removing stuff from the game is more accurate

161124120850296637.jpg

... don't know why i can't load the game without the tree meshes

but biggest difference between tamriel and enderal, it's the number of grass/trees

161124115127510617.jpg

removing a few trees make a huge difference

161124115143732579.jpg

161124115146821901.jpg

removing more don't change anything

161124115143564147.jpg

not sure what is wasting so much fps on the closest trees

maybe collision, it's up to the last leaf to forbid dragons to fly too close to trees

or something else whatever it is

those mountains under the ground probably waste some fps too, and other things

I found out what it was.An you wont believe it.Think of a mod we all download an we all know is a great Follower mod in Riften.Its that mod.I uninstalled it an performance returned to normal.So i made a post on his page about the issue for Skyrim.Note.Not Special Edition.

I havent touched SSE or Skyrim at all for a while now, although I dont have any problems with the game. (Im even on bethesdas side for not adding the unoficial patch)

My only criticism with SSE though, is the modding community, its a shame that all the best mods are on hold while SKSE gets updated, then a good stream of mods will come out again (Just like the launch of the main game)

Most crashes in Skyrim were due to memory allocation problems in the engine itself, SKSE plugins and script heavy mods. They may have fixed or at least improved memory allocation issues in the SE, but it's too early to do stability comparisons. You don't even have SKSE yet or plugins to work with it. I also doubt that you have that many script heavy mods, at least not SexLab, pregnancy mods and the like.

Speaking of playthroughs, this was my last (Yes, that's a "hater's" playthrough). I highly doubt that you'll be able to play SSE "without a crash" with this kind of mod setup.

With 227 plugins and even bigger number of mods including quite a few SexLab mods, I'm finally about to finish literally everything this game has to offer, including all DLCs, minus a few last bits of Dragonborn and the main quest and the Civil War quest.

I've actually merged a few plugins and removed a few quite recently, so yes, at some point it was more than 227 plugins.

I may post some actual statistics later on, but here's a bunch of stuff I immediately recall:

• My current save is about 22 MB (plus a 300 KB co-save).
  • The number of necks I've bitten is more than the number of my LL posts.
  • My character has 40 children!
  • I'm a thane in every hold in Skyrim.
  • I'm the champion of every Daedric prince.
  • I'm the Archmage of the College of WH, the Harbinger of the Companions, the Listener of the DB, the guildmaster of the TG.
  • I'm a werewolf as well as a vampire lord (yes, I have mods for that).
  • I currently know all available shouts except 4 (I think) which are obtained while doing the quests I haven't yet started (e.g. the 3rd word of Storm Call).
Like Elf Prince, I'm currently level 92, however, in my game, crafting (smithing, enchanting and alchemy) doesn't give you any experience points at all.

Edit: 

SexLab Stats:

post-102569-0-00372200-1454432376.jpg

Some actual stats:

Food Eaten: 1233

Necks Bitten: 2516

Items Pickpocketed: 2498

Items Stolen: 4902

Days Jailed: 102

Chests Looted: 9977

Days Passed: 767

Days as a Werewolf: 610

Days as a Vampire: 764

Hours Slept: 8704

Hours Waiting: 371

SexLab and related mods that I currently have (copied from MO modlist.txt, the actual load order is reversed):

+Non-SexLab Animations Pack ver V2.8.2

+FNIS 5.5

+SexLab Spouses Enhanced 1.7.2

+SexLab Romance 1.0.6

+SexLab Theft and Seduction v2.15

+SexLab Solutions v4.0.2

+SexLab Dangerous Nights 1.6.2

+SexLab Radiant Prostitution 3.2.2

+SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution v2.0.1.0

+SexLab Procreation v1.1a for RS Children

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems Dragonborn 1.5

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems for RS Children 1.5

+SexLab Children plus Soul Gems 1.5

+SexLab Hentai Pregnancy 1.19

+SexLab Wear and Tear

+SexLab Submit Patch for SL 1.59c

+SexLab Submit 01SEP14 1133

+SexLab Deadly Drain 1.4

+SexLab Fuckem Up1.0

+SexLab Skooma Whore 0.9.3b

+xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 7a

+xazPrisonOverhaul V033 fix

+SexLab Aroused V21 Loose

+SOS FULL

+More Nasty Critters 7.11

+ZazAnimationPack v0605

+SexLab HDT HighHeels Handler

+SexLab Doggy Style Sounds

+SexLab Sound FX Replacer v1.7.1 Mature

+SexLab Framework 1.59c - Disable Unwanted Animations

+SexLab Framework 1.59c

Yes, I spent 17 hours 39 minutes just by having sex in my last playthrough. So what?

v5M6JnTh.png

Woah, woah hold on, how much does Todd pays you to shill this game at this level.

It is too early to actually call SE stable yet. There is no SKSE so we have no idea if papyrus is stable yet. I bet if we get SKSE DDI and sexlab mods going we will actually many crash fest again like oldrim. In that case it was never memory but just script engine.

Oldrim was never unstable for me like memory allocation it was always done by script engine overload causes my game to crash.

the ones that have 100 go papyrus logs have a bigger mess than whatever i tried, they didn't crash because of it

have yet to see a crash because of scripts, probably another skyrim myth

you don't crash because of the engine if a script give you a tbbp armor while you don't have a tbbp skeleton

problem isn't the engine either if the game coc you to a cell with a broken navmesh, or a broken npc, or whatever else the game won't be able to load

fanboys were too busy licking bethesda ass to bother asking them why they removed the errors message before the game suicide itself

- game have crash while loading xx112233, nif error, missing bone

- game have crash while loading xx112233, no more ram for texture

- game have crash while loading xx112233, xx223344 want objectreference xx112233, xx112233 is an armor, yewston, we got a problem

not because console players can't do anything about it it's useless for them, getting rid of mod xx, they could do that, if they knew the problem was from it

there's some new fps videos, just for lol

161129111202995076.jpg

161129111125247090.jpg

oh, that's what i said to do in the pre release thread

16112911114751616.jpg

161129111159629801.jpg

16112911115149586.jpg

161129111200578908.jpg

well... 1k textures resized to 2k, that mean more ram usage

didn't i said to do that with the thing that show up cpu usage, gpu usage and ram

161129034021770821.jpg

that's useless if you limit fps to 60...

161129034027225635.jpg

he probably did it because he have less fps with sse (can see that from gpu usage)

161129034026803369.jpg

161129034026997107.jpg

that kind of test is supposed to be done with jk skyrim, grass mods, you want a bottleneck to check how the engine handle it

the ones that have 100 go papyrus logs have a bigger mess than whatever i tried, they didn't crash because of it

have yet to see a crash because of scripts, probably another skyrim myth

you don't crash because of the engine if a script give you a tbbp armor while you don't have a tbbp skeleton

problem isn't the engine either if the game coc you to a cell with a broken navmesh, or a broken npc, or whatever else the game won't be able to load

fanboys were too busy licking bethesda ass to bother asking them why they removed the errors message before the game suicide itself

- game have crash while loading xx112233, nif error, missing bone

- game have crash while loading xx112233, no more ram for texture

- game have crash while loading xx112233, xx223344 want objectreference xx112233, xx112233 is an armor, yewston, we got a problem

not because console players can't do anything about it it's useless for them, getting rid of mod xx, they could do that, if they knew the problem was from it

there's some new fps videos, just for lol

161129111202995076.jpg

161129111125247090.jpg

oh, that's what i said to do in the pre release thread

16112911114751616.jpg

161129111159629801.jpg

16112911115149586.jpg

161129111200578908.jpg

well... 1k textures resized to 2k, that mean more ram usage

didn't i said to do that with the thing that show up cpu usage, gpu usage and ram

161129034021770821.jpg

that's useless if you limit fps to 60...

161129034027225635.jpg

he probably did it because he have less fps with sse (can see that from gpu usage)

161129034026803369.jpg

161129034026997107.jpg

that kind of test is supposed to be done with jk skyrim, grass mods, you want a bottleneck to check how the engine handle it

That original I like always better!  ;)

And here the original with ENB.

I am so comfortable and confident in SE, that I deleted/uninstalled YEARS worth of mods/tweaks/creations (aka my OldRim).

I am of course "sad" about the lack of ENB features that may not make it to SE, but being able to play without fucking ENBoost hackery is a blessing.

My game looks just as good (sorry, ALMOST as good? Better in every aspect i should say, minus those missing ENB features) as my OldRim.

I also have NOT crashed a single time. I have frozen about 3 times so far in like 80+ hours (which may have been my own fault as I am using some mods from OldRim i converted over [including some script based stuff] and also was using the pre-fixed USSP) -- Better than the random crashes I would get now and again in OldRim (yes, even with crash fixes, SKSE and ENBoost). Oh .. and no more slight/minor stuttering either (But stuttering is better than crashing ..duuur enboooost 4 teh winsauce!).

I mean ZERO stutter. Not even a little. Not even sometimes.