SSE Criticism Thread

-snip-

Personally I'm not angry just because there aren't many mods available at release. I am angry because not many mods available at release, and because beth could have enabled there to be many more mods at release. I have mentioned before that they added a whole bunch of stuff that makes not a huge difference, but renders tones of stuff incompatible. I would rather be able to use enb with nearly all features asap, than have beth's stupid god rays. If they had not fucked with all the lighting and graphics stuff in skyrim, then enb would be much more compatible with sse. Although I will say, I'm still not sure if enb works on consoles, so it would be suck for them to be stuck with oldrim graphics and no enb. But honestly all the stuff beth added doesn't even seem to make a huge difference, and if I was on console, I would prefer better frames as opposed to all the graphics stuff they added.

Come on now you are just chasing your tail to attack SSE. First it doesn't look good enough over Oldrim now its I wish they didn't make the visual improvements for SSE? You repeat this chasing your tail with "Although I will say, I'm still not sure if enb works on consoles, so it would be suck for them to be stuck with oldrim graphics and no enb." But complain because the stuff they add doesn't make a difference. Which clearly it does otherwise why concede that it would suck for console player to be stuck with oldrim graphics? Then you go one to say you'd prefer performance over graphics.

WTF? The bloody vast majority of the improvement of SSE is ENGINE improvements for better performance. Yet you keep giving them a backhand compliment over it because the graphics are not improved enough. You are simply contradicting yourself so you can say SSE sucks because they gave us no performance and it suck because they gave us no significant graphical improvements WHILE acknowledging they did improve performance by going to 64 bit and acknowledging that if SSE just looked like oldrim in the graphics it would suck for console users.

You contradict yourself again with mods being available at launch, saying they should have had more but you FRAKING blame Bethesda for a CK beta being use so Bethesda could have some mods at launch?

So which is it? Skyrim SE did improve graphics or not?

So which is it? Skyrim SE did improve performance or not?

So which is it? Skyrim SE should have had more mods at launch or Bethesda shouldn't have taken advantage of modders by using the beta to get mods out for SSE?

It doesn't matter you'll turn around and say the opposite in a new post so long as SSE looks bad facts don't matter. The fact that you consistently complain about contradictory positions so long as you can place SSE in a bad light shows there is no foundation to your position it is all emotional based thinking.

-snip-

Personally I'm not angry just because there aren't many mods available at release. I am angry because not many mods available at release, and because beth could have enabled there to be many more mods at release. I have mentioned before that they added a whole bunch of stuff that makes not a huge difference, but renders tones of stuff incompatible. I would rather be able to use enb with nearly all features asap, than have beth's stupid god rays. If they had not fucked with all the lighting and graphics stuff in skyrim, then enb would be much more compatible with sse. Although I will say, I'm still not sure if enb works on consoles, so it would be suck for them to be stuck with oldrim graphics and no enb. But honestly all the stuff beth added doesn't even seem to make a huge difference, and if I was on console, I would prefer better frames as opposed to all the graphics stuff they added.

Come on now you are just chasing your tail to attack SSE. First it doesn't look good enough over Oldrim now its I wish they didn't make the visual improvements for SSE? You repeat this chasing your tail with "Although I will say, I'm still not sure if enb works on consoles, so it would be suck for them to be stuck with oldrim graphics and no enb." But complain because the stuff they add doesn't make a difference. Which clearly it does otherwise why concede that it would suck for console player to be stuck with oldrim graphics? Then you go one to say you'd prefer performance over graphics.

WTF? The bloody vast majority of the improvement of SSE is ENGINE improvement for better performance? Yet you keep giving them a backhand compliment over it because the graphics are not improved enough. You are simply contradicting yourself so you can say SSE sucks because they gave us no performance and it suck because they gave us no significant graphical improvements WHILE acknowledging they did improve performance by going to 64 bit and acknowledging that if SSE just looked like oldrim in the graphics it would suck for console users.

You contradict yourself again with mods being available at launch, saying they should have had more but you FUCKING blame Bethesda for a CK beta being use so Bethesda could have some mods at launch?

So which is it? Skyrim SE should have had more mods at launch or Bethesda shouldn't have taken advantage of modders by using the beta to get mods out for SSE?

It doesn't matter you'll turn around and say the opposite in a new post so long as SSE looks bad facts don't matter. The fact that you consistently complain about contradictory positions so long as you can place SSE in a bad light shows there is no foundation to your position it is all emotional based thinking.

Lol jesus fucking hell, calm down, SSE was garbage PERIOD. There shouldn't even be an argument about. Plus hasn't it already been said? This a fucking criticism thread not an "SSE and Why its good thread"...

-snip-

WTF? The bloody vast majority of the improvement of SSE is ENGINE improvement for better performance? Yet you keep giving them a backhand compliment over it because the graphics are not improved enough. You are simply contradicting yourself so you can say SSE sucks because they gave us no performance and it suck because they gave us no significant graphical improvements WHILE acknowledging they did improve performance by going to 64 bit and acknowledging that if SSE just looked like oldrim in the graphics it would suck for console users.

You contradict yourself again with mods being available at launch, saying they should have had more but you FUCKING blame Bethesda for a CK beta being use so Bethesda could have some mods at launch?

This is, (as I've been chastised for before), a criticism thread.

So given the audience, (i.e not console people), whats changed?

1) EULA

2) erm, that's it.

Non permanent stuff in the long run probably includes SKSE, textures, (although that really isn't a problem), ENB, (hasn't Boris said he's not moving from 64bit windows XP come hell or high water), and all things included in this statement. However these things will be dealt with over time. Change of licensing is probably the biggest thing - but probably not that important in the long run. I hate Beth for providing a channel to hate Beth by giving PC players a free upgrade to their engine. Fucking arseholes. (Also fucking console Youtube fecking crap channels. Are console users really that retarded?).

It doesn't really matter whether it plays better or not, looks better or not. It's just there's nothing "special" about it.

Edit: Also, I don't know why people keep saying that the SE is "free" for the PC folk, even though it's not. You might have paid the full price for the base game back in 2011, but you don't get the SE for "free", cause you didn't buy all the DLCs came after that, while another person who bought the "LE" for 5-10 bucks 5 years later, not only paid less for the game plus the DLCs, but he also gets the SE for free... well, sucks for you. Then it would be wise not to pay any more than 5-10 bucks for a Bethesda game, and they might even reward you for that later on...

-snip-

1) EULA

2) erm, that's it.

Non permanent stuff in the long run probably includes SKSE, textures, (although that really isn't a problem), ENB, (hasn't Boris said he's not moving from 64bit windows XP come hell or high water), and all things included in this statement. However these things will be dealt with over time. Change of licensing is probably the biggest thing - but probably not that important in the long run. I hate Beth for providing a channel to hate Beth by giving PC players a free upgrade to their engine. Fucking arseholes. (Also fucking console Youtube fecking crap channels. Are console users really that retarded?).

So nothing has improved?

Well Oldrim under its 32 bit engine was significantly unstable especially in a 64 bit windows environment. It was limited to a max of 4 gigs of ram it could use period. This 4 gig ram limitation was the biggest cause of sudden crash syndrome that plagued Oldrim. It was the reason you have to limit the number of mods you could add to character creation like eye and hair packs because if it loaded too many that pushed it over the 4 gig limit poof bye bye skyrim. This is GONE now. Not an issue at all. Why? because the game is 64 bit.

Just because you are ignorant of the advantages of 64 bit over 32 bit doesn't mean they don't exist. 64 bit engine means they have more access to the havoc physics engine features which is make physics in the game less recourse dependant and allows greater control. This can be seen with the physic engine being added to water. Water now flows, it speeds up in narrow space and slows down in wider channels. It flows around objects and the flow changes direction. This is all possible because of the PERFORMANCE changes made to the games engine which allowed them to use a more up to date version of the havoc physic engine protocols which have increased features and increased performance over older 32 bit versions.

Do how can you say nothing was improved? the only way is either you are ignorant of the facts and just speaking from an emotional position or you are deliberately lying to push an agenda.

It is impossible to accurately say, 'SSE has no performance improvements. That they have changed nothing.'

-snip-

1) EULA

2) erm, that's it.

So nothing has improved?

Well Oldrim under its 32 bit engine was significantly unstable especially in a 64 bit windows environment. It was limited to a max of 4 gigs of ram it could use period. This 4 gig ram limitation was the biggest cause of sudden crash syndrome that plagued Oldrim. It was the reason you have to limit the number of mods you could add to character creation like eye and hair packs because if it loaded too many that pushed it over the 4 gig limit poof bye bye skyrim. This is GONE now. Not an issue at all. Why? because the game is 64 bit.

Just because you are ignorant of the advantages of 64 bit over 32 bit doesn't mean they don't exist. 64 bit engine means they have more access to the havoc physics engine features which is make physics in the game less recourse dependant and allows greater control. This can be seen with the physic engine being added to water. Water now flows, it speeds up in narrow space and slows down in wider channels. It flows around objects and the flow changes direction. This is all possible because of the PERFORMANCE changes made to the games engine which allowed them to use a more up to date version of the havoc physic engine protocols which have increased features and increased performance over older 32 bit versions.

Do how can you say nothing was improved? the only way is either you are ignorant of the facts and just speaking from an emotional position or you are deliberately lying to push an agenda.

It is impossible to accurately say, 'SSE has no performance improvements. That they have changed nothing.'

1) 32bit can be made stable. The 4gb thing is really just for enhanced textures which has been fixed via third part stuff. The underlying game is not really that greedy.

2) Whether it's 64 bit or 32 bit is irrelevant to the Havok. It's tied to the frame rate.

3) Why am I arguing? SSE is way more stable at the basic stuff. However that's just a criticism of the criticism. It has nothing to do with whether it's 32bit or 64bit.

4) No agenda. Just want a game to play which I want to play. (Obviously that needs mods because I don't really like off the shelf).

It doesn't really matter whether it plays better or not, looks better or not. It's just there's nothing "special" about it.

Edit: Also, I don't know why people keep saying that the SE is "free" for the PC folk, even though it's not. You might have paid the full price for the base game back in 2011, but you don't get the SE for "free", cause you didn't buy all the DLCs came after that, while another person who bought the "LE" for 5-10 bucks 5 years later, not only paid less for the game plus the DLCs, but he also gets the SE for free... well, sucks for you. Then it would be wise not to pay any more than 5-10 bucks for a Bethesda game, and they might even reward you for that later on...

That's why I said a page or two back that Bethesda seems to think that the real gamers and real modders are those who bought in their bullshit (hearthfire) to give it away for free. It's the "DLC" that I can only think of that those who didn't give in to buying the whole pack, whether that was single-handedly, or in a bundle pack like Legendary Edition because Hearthfire is really a mod and not a DLC as they claim, which really shows how f'd up Bethesda is to their PC gamers. Why? Someone who owns Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC, just one of them, or neither of them and has made a long list of mods that have extended the life of Skyrim get shafted. Seems pretty f'd up to me because it seems Bethesda believes you are only a loyal fan, a true modder, or a real SKyrim gamer if you own everything we have made for Skyrim.

So their "generosity" only goes so far.

That's why I said a page or two back that Bethesda seems to think that the real gamers and real modders are those who bought in their bullshit (hearthfire) to give it away for free. It's the "DLC" that I can only think of that those who didn't give in to buying the whole pack, whether that was single-handedly, or in a bundle pack like Legendary Edition because Hearthfire is really a mod and not a DLC as they claim, which really shows how f'd up Bethesda is to their PC gamers. Why? Someone who owns Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC, just one of them, or neither of them and has made a long list of mods that have extended the life of Skyrim get shafted. Seems pretty f'd up to me because it seems Bethesda believes you are only a loyal fan, a true modder, or a real SKyrim gamer if you own everything we have made for Skyrim.

So their "generosity" only goes so far.

That's not really a criticism of SSE, but of Beth's business practices. I'm fairly sure that in totally accurate polls of existing Skyrim players over the last year that 79.3% of them had all the DLC anyway and almost half of those people liked having the SSE dumped into their Steam box for free.

Just because you are ignorant of the advantages of 64 bit over 32 bit doesn't mean they don't exist.

the 4 go limit of skyrim exe is taken care of since enbhost.exe

if you allow it to use more ram than you use, you will crash if you need more ram than what you have

a problem you can see without enb thanks to stupid tweaks (if you see purple meshes in game, it's good, if you crash, your ini are wrong)

skyrim suck with multi core because of the consoles it was made for (there was no need for that)

you have nothing to say about that?

-snip-

Saying sse doesn't improve graphics over vanilla oldrim would be a lie. sse improving over oldrim with enb and various other stuff, is very much up for debate. As far as I can tell it does improve performance, and that has always been my stance on it. Lastly, my biggest gripes with sse has always been the fact that beth didn't maintain as much compatibility with oldrim as possible, and that they(imo) took advantage of modders during the beta. It seems they may have actually taken some of the suggestions from the beta, so I am now lessed pissed about that. 

On visual stuff: I'm not heartless. I call them console peasants, and wouldn't dare hide the fact that it annoys me that it seems beth is putting more effort into keeping them happy than keeping the pc crowd happy, but I don't they they should be given an obviously inferior game. If beth promises mods, and enb doesn't work on console, I would kinda feel bad for them to be stuck with shitty vanilla oldrim graphics. That being said, I would definitely prefer performance over grahics and recommend beth try to either make enb work on console(if it doesn't already) or try to integrate enb into sse(assuming they would be allowed to). If enb works on console, then 90% of the visual improvements are imo unneeded, and that is my definitive stance on visuals. I say drop the visuals, and try to find a way to make enb work(if it doesn't) and if it can't, find an alternative.

Performance: My stance on performance, has always been positive. The 64 is great. It's hard to make a comparison, because I can't play oldrim right now(and def. not with all my mods for visuals). So I don't know if the performance improvements are huge. So far, less crashes for me =  :D. But other people have said the game is very un-optimized, and with the level of graphics the game has, they would expect higher fps. There are also some new bugs(or maybe old, I never experienced them before) like the crashing related to the touch keyboard on win10. But for the most part I have had nothing to really complain about performance wise.

Mods: My biggest gripes with beth are that they didn't maintain as much compatibility as they could have, and that it would seem they treated some of the beta participants very poorly. The latter I am less angry about since it looks like some of the suggestions they had have actually made it into the patches for sse. Now compatibility is with out a doubt my biggest thing. I am pist cause beth releases 64 bit, along with all this other shit that doesn't matter to pc modders(for the most part) and makes mods less compat. I would have been fine sacrificing some compat. if it meant beth would release some sweet new features, but it doesn't seem like there are any of those. I also would be fine if they released sse with no visual improvements what so ever. What sse currently is, is the worst case scenario. They sacrificed a lot of compatibility, and the new features aren't even that great.

I may have mis-worded things in previous posts, but maintaining compatibility and getting pist because beth treated modders in beta bad were always the 2 big things. And please don't jump the gun. If you think I am being contradictory, I might well be, but it's not because I just hate beth. It's more than likely that I have just been posting in here so much, I lose track of my own thoughts. If it seems I am contradicting myself, point it out and I will gladly do my best to clarify my point of view.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!edit: All of that was written after reading only god's original post. The following was written after reading the other stuff.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On performance again, 64 is nice, but not necessary. I myself have spent thousands of hours making a setup of around 1000-1200 mods as stable as a game running a couple hundred. If you put in the work, and know how to work with the limits of 32, it can do unbelievable things. To people like me, 64 is more of something that just makes my setup easier to maintain, It doesn't make it possible to do anything I couldn't do before. That being said, some of the new havok stuff is cool, although I still think they should have added hair/clothes physics to base game.

Like spoon said, "The 4gb thing is really just for textures." Since I never cared for larger than 1024(approx. full hd), than the 4gb limit is pointless anyway. So for people who wanna play sse in in tuhd 8k, then good for you(too bad blind studies have shown that many people can't even tell the difference between the many variations of various hd formats and sizes). For litterally anyone else, the 4gb limit can be side stepped and worked with.

I have no idea if 64havok has this issue, but in oldrim there are many physics bugs that can occur when the game has a framerate of 60 or higher. So there is the possibility that still persists. There are also a number of bad things that can happen to papyrus if the game is 60 or higher. Once again, might be fixed with 64, might not. As far as I know there is no limit to anything revolving around 60 frames in 32 environments, so it is likely that these stability issues will persist in sse. So in sse there might be less random crashes, but we might still need to limit the game to 59 fps or else serious bug time when using mod with on-update and cloak spells, as well as pe/smp or any possible sequels to the original physics extensions.

p.s. For the love of god, anyone who quotes me, please snip my post. it's $#@!ing huge.

For those saying that this thread is "for criticism only and not for saying good thing about it"

LEARN WHAT "CRITICISM" IS!

Criticism in itself is:

Criticism is the practice of judging the merits and faults of something.

This thread was made to allow discussion of different opinions, since opinions are personal and subjective.

You have the right to discuss it, not the right to dismiss it or even more, you don't have the right to insult someone for his/her/its opinions.

Now, play nicely, stay friendly and don't jump at each other throats.

In fairness this is a huge problem in the Gaming Industry as a whole. Companies are trying to force feed you pre-orders and dlc pre-purchases in the form of Season Passes... but the industry is very anti early adopter.

Buying a game on launch, and paying for DLC on release or even upfront costs you in the long run, because six months to a year down the line they release a GotY, or Difinitive, or Legendary, or Ultimate or some other bullshit title for the whole thing at the cost of maybe what the base game was or even less!... and you get -everything-.

Been burned too many times by too many companies, Destiny and Elite Dangerous were the last straws for me. I'll only buy on release if its something that is on my must have list (which has grown very small over the years) or benefits you to play on release like MMOs or other multiplayer games where grinding levels achieves something.

Long story short, plenty to criticise about SSE, not getting it for free because you chose not to get all the DLCs isnt one of them.

We knew for 5 months that if you had all the DLC you would get it free, you could buy the dlcs or legendary or whatever, up until 24 hrs after SSE hit and STILL got SSE for free... and there were a shit load of sales, offers, even up until release day... not to mention the key resale sites that sold Skyrim and its DLC for pocket change.

Effectively YES... SSE was free for PC if you -wanted- it. Thats why people keep saying it was free.

Just because you are ignorant of the advantages of 64 bit over 32 bit doesn't mean they don't exist.

if you allow it to use more ram than you use, you will crash if you need more ram than what you have

a problem you can see without enb thanks to stupid tweaks (if you see purple meshes in game, it's good, if you crash, your ini are wrong)

skyrim suck with multi core because of the consoles it was made for (there was no need for that)

Didn't windows 10 break that for a lot of people?

Like spoon said, "The 4gb thing is really just for textures." Since I never cared for larger than 1024(approx. full hd), than the 4gb limit is pointless anyway. So for people who wanna play sse in in tuhd 8k, then good for you(too bad blind studies have shown that many people can't even tell the difference between the many variations of various hd formats and sizes).

someone can't tell the difference?

161116025314940841.jpg

161116025457315339.jpg

it's the rock behind the lantern

161116025318264664.jpg

most don't understand anything to textures anyway

a chair that use 90% of a 2k texture will look better than the same chair that use 20% of a 4k texture

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/page-995

21094.jpg

some don't see any difference?

161116023422628666.jpg

161116023128970326.jpg

161116023323386568.jpg

there's a lot of white in those jpg, and some jpg are just the reverse of another jpg

161116032344336341.jpg

161116032150362019.jpg

Didn't windows 10 break that for a lot of people?

I don't ever remember getting Skyrim 32bit to use more than 4gb or Ram... even back on Windows 8... I could be very wrong though.

Windows 10 specifically stopped users from being able to use more than 3gb of VRAM... which is where the real issues came in.

Like spoon said, "The 4gb thing is really just for textures." Since I never cared for larger than 1024(approx. full hd), than the 4gb limit is pointless anyway. So for people who wanna play sse in in tuhd 8k, then good for you(too bad blind studies have shown that many people can't even tell the difference between the many variations of various hd formats and sizes).

someone can't tell the difference?

161116025314940841.jpg

161116025457315339.jpg

it's the rock behind the lantern

161116025318264664.jpg

most don't understand anything to textures anyway

a chair that use 90% of a 2k texture will look better than the same chair that use 20% of a 4k texture

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/page-995

21094.jpg

some don't see any difference?

161116023422628666.jpg

161116023128970326.jpg

161116023323386568.jpg

there's a lot of white in those jpg, and some jpg are just the reverse of another jpg

161116032344336341.jpg

161116032150362019.jpg

What I meant was many people can't tell the difference between a video being in 2k or 4k or 8k. Like if they have a video that was shot in 8k, and they downgrade the quality to full hd, 2k, and 4k, many people in the test couldn't tell the difference between them. And then when they introduce different display, many participants said that the plasma screens in full hd looked better than some lcd in 4k. So obviously 2 different textures one made in I assume 1k and the other 2 or 4, is going to look very different, but the a texture made in 4k downsized to 2k, both are gonna look not very different. And unless you stop and stare at all the textures as you explore skyrim, you probably won't notice a major change to gameplay in anything above 1k imo, except for large objects that require equally large textures. Landscape stuff is basically the only thing I think that might benefit from textures larger than 1k/2k depending on your preference. But having everything in the game be 4k textures, that's just a waste.

Long story short, plenty to criticise about SSE, not getting it for free because you chose not to get all the DLCs isnt one of them.

We knew for 5 months that if you had all the DLC you would get it free, you could buy the dlcs or legendary or whatever, up until 24 hrs after SSE hit and STILL got SSE for free... and there were a shit load of sales, offers, even up until release day... not to mention the key resale sites that sold Skyrim and its DLC for pocket change.

Effectively YES... SSE was free for PC if you -wanted- it. Thats why people keep saying it was free.

Oh, wow! You're basically trying to tell me that it was FREE... if I had chosen to BUY all three DLCs or BOUGHT the whole thing AGAIN... FFS!

How the fuck is it "free" if you have to pay an additional 10 bucks or more, to buy all three DLCs or buy the game (you've already paid for) once again on a sale, this time with its complete set of DLC in order to get the "Special Edition"? Has the meaning of "free" changed? Or perhaps you're one of those who bought the LE for 10 bucks on a sale and thus got the SSE for free and now you think it's the same for everyone else. It is/was free IF you've BOUGHT all three DLCs, NOT FREE if you haven't. Is that too hard to comprehend?

And unless you stop and stare at all the textures as you explore skyrim, you probably won't notice a major change to gameplay in anything above 1k imo, except for large objects that require equally large textures.

it's not that hard to see some meshes stand out

161116075111396186.jpg

if the texture is 2k, you have to replace it with a 6k texture to get it to look like the rock near

no need to do that for seamless textures, if it don't look good, you just give it a bigger uv map

the ones that made those nifs didn't bother checking how it was looking in game

there's a reason is bethesda dumbass have resize the 1k textures to 2k and superpose something on it to try to make it look less crappy

too lazy to check skyrim mods that are much better than their crap

problem isn't the autorisation crap, it's them the rules

they said paid mods, they made it, and failed (what were those dumbass expecting? some sims stuff on steam and bye bye paid mods)

I read some stuff here, and i think is good to know something, 64bits is related to memory not cpu, your CPU will still use 1 core for the game, but with 64 bits you can use a lot of ram, much more them you have, to increase the cpu usage you need a new API like Vulkan, something that Doom have.

For the textures size, this is my opinion only of course, but one thing i learn working in 3D, is that you can have huge textures, but if you don't have a good shader you don't have nothing, on the contrary, the bigger texture will show the lack of detail of the shader, skyrim still uses the old shader, so i think there is no point in putting a huge texture to nothing, in fallout we have a new shader with metalness, this is a huge improve, them yes you can make textures to 8k and you will see everything, the combination of all channels makes the magic.

And the last time i check, Boris from ENB said that skyrim lock all the shaders like FO4 did, so we will have only basic ENB functions for Skyrim, no fancy SSS, world reflections etc... Hope they can find a way to that.

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I need help.  I can't get Skyrim SE to even start for me.  It started once, but I added some mods and now it won't work.  I even disabled them to try that, and lowered the quality a whole lot and nothing.  The launcher will just pop back up if I press Play.  :/

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I need help.  I can't get Skyrim SE to even start for me.  It started once, but I added some mods and now it won't work.  I even disabled them to try that, and lowered the quality a whole lot and nothing.  The launcher will just pop back up if I press Play.  :/

Try http://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/ and indicate your load order, your mod order and the crash log if you have any.

---snip---

And the last time i check, Boris from ENB said that skyrim lock all the shaders like FO4 did, so we will have only basic ENB functions for Skyrim, no fancy SSS, world reflections etc... Hope they can find a way to that.

And I hope the people wake up and recognize that SSE is the nastiest scrap what Bethesda has delivered.  ;)

The Witcher release 16 September 2008 = Already hair physics.

The Witcher 2 release 17 April 2012 = improved graphics quality.

The Witcher 3 release 18 May 2015 = without words.

Just so much, This small business has oneself himself over the years further developed.

Bethesda not, They revel in old glory and that is their downfall!!!  ;)  :P

edit: oh yeah, I forgot, so should waves from a sea appearance.  :P

Oh, wow! You're basically trying to tell me that it was FREE... if I had chosen to BUY all three DLCs or BOUGHT the whole thing AGAIN... FFS!

How the fuck is it "free" if you have to pay an additional 10 bucks or more, to buy all three DLCs or buy the game (you've already paid for) once again on a sale, this time with its complete set of DLC in order to get the "Special Edition"? Has the meaning of "free" changed? Or perhaps you're one of those who bought the LE for 10 bucks on a sale and thus got the SSE for free and now you think it's the same for everyone else. It is/was free IF you've BOUGHT all three DLCs, NOT FREE if you haven't. Is that too hard to comprehend?

Huh... lets see here. Let me try to really break this down.

I bought Skyrim four years ago. I bought all of its DLC too. A few months later, Legendary Edition released.

When I bought Skyrim, I bought it as a complete product, as is, without any promise or hint of any future content past the three DLCS.

Four years later, an updated version comes out that any console player has to pay full price for, and it was dropped into my Steam Library, at no extra cost. That made it a FREE product. It was a service or product provided ontop of, and beyond, the originally advertised product.

Obviously if you did not already have all the dlc, it wasn't entirely free. I didn't say it was Free for Everyone. I said the only person to blame for not getting it for "Free" is yourself since you had about five months to buy that one piece or two you were missing, at a fraction of the retail price.... and you would have gotten SSE for £0.00 rather than now, where regardless it would cost you £29.99. (That effectively made it, in a marketing sense, as a self contained product, Free)

I'll say it again... there is PLENTY of shade you can throw at the game, or at Bethesda in general... but their choice of how they offered the game to PC players is not one of them.