SSE Criticism Thread

We remain with the faces, chin angular, nose Pixelated, ugly characters.

you were expecting that?

Fallout%204%20mods%20better%20settlers.j

we have better than that crap...

161123054340234331.jpg

161123054339560891.jpg

161123054334643881.jpg

161123054254564192.jpg

161123054342562596.jpg

161123054304460545.jpg

and there's much better than that crap

http://davidmoratilla.com/CloseUpPortaits.html

https://cgelves.com/10-most-realistic-human-3d-models-that-will-wow-you/

http://gl.ict.usc.edu/Research/DigitalEmily2/

the ones that made dizona or hgec or whatever could put that in skyrim

doubt many are here because of vanilla skyrim

probably the same as me that come back to try new mods

took me 4 years to finish the war (a save that last more than a few month, it's something new, have never finish oblivion)

same with sse, it's like a new mod, but that look like a lot of trouble to use, so most just wait for others to have the hard time^^

about FO4 I can not say anything, I never played it and I will never play it.

Exactly, that's what I mean, who has eliminated these evil mistakes, Not Bethesda, it were modders.

Without mods is Skyrim and SSE a laughing number and not more!

Without Mods I would never Skyrim 4 years daily 12-16 hours played!

At the latest after six months I would have uninstalled it again.  ;)

Edit: my execution but was correct, what has Bethesda to the players made available, safely not modded game, only vanilla.  :)  

Its not a Bethesda game.People keep making that mistake.Bethesda already have their own game.The game that is remastered was done by nVidia Gameworks for Graphics and performance.

Can you please link to your reference?

Sorry i do not have any written information on that.But id was obvious.Let me be clear.Any game using HBAO is a nvidia gameworks title.As long as you see that.It is a product done by Nvidia Gameworks tweaks.

Also i want to point out that looking in the ini folder i see here this.

You can see in game people are playing where if you look South.Performance drags behind.

If you move too fast.The game crashes.So performance is everything.The game is horribly unbalanced.

After reading this thread you can head here to see how Witcher fans discuss Skyrim on the Witcher subreddit. Faith in humanity restored

;)

This is In this thread written!

Except it's better than skyrim in almost every way.

Yea, I remember Morrowind having way more Lore. Skyrim seems incredibly dumbed down in comparison. Even Oblivion had more.

every mechanic and system in witcher games are better than skyrim.

Etc.  :P

After reading this thread you can head here to see how Witcher fans discuss Skyrim on the Witcher subreddit. Faith in humanity restored

;)

Yea, I remember Morrowind having way more Lore. Skyrim seems incredibly dumbed down in comparison. Even Oblivion had more.

Almost every, i freaking hate the controls in Witcher3, they way Geralt turns arround sometimes just getting through a damn door is a game itself.

What I meant by posting that link was the nice and civilized discussion where people discuss what they think about the two games without shitposting, flaming, repeating one and the same thing over and over again flooding the topic. And the result is a discussion that is really pleasant to read. Even when half of the comments actually give preference to Skyrim in some regards. I remember not long ago reading such kind of discussions here - on LL...

What I meant by posting that link was the nice and civilized discussion where people discuss what they think about the two games without shitposting, flaming, repeating one and the same thing over and over again flooding the topic. And the result is a discussion that is really pleasant to read. Even when half of the comments actually give preference to Skyrim in some regards. I remember not long ago reading such kind of discussions here - on LL...

especially is there there no insults.  ;)

;)

Almost every, i freaking hate the controls in Witcher3, they way Geralt turns arround sometimes just getting through a damn door is a game itself.

No game is perfect, but nevertheless I prefer to play DAI or TW3.  :)

I'm not sure why you'd expect rational and reasoned responses when confronted with what is essentially a cash grab, for all intents and purposes.

That's not the kind of subject that will provide reams of reasoned treatises on the state of the product.

The exactly two upgrades are volumetric lighting and 64bit memory allocation. Everything else is somehow worse than 32 or done better by an easily available mod, I suppose snappier frametimes also counts as an "upgrade" but it's entirely a side effect of dx11, not an actual intention on Bethesda's part.

Not really the sort of thing that engenders a thoughtful and measured approach to dissension, especially given that you were expected to have purchased all the available product in order to receive the "free upgrade".

On top of that the openly mercenary treatment of the PC community is entirely a sum negative. The fact that modders couldn't even contact Bethesda coders for clarification or actual responses and had to be "handled" by the console PR team is a huge red flag towards Bethesda's actual metric of goodwill.

-snip- 

Who said anything about not voicing opinions? If you wanna say that something I say is wrong, then by all means correct me, I just don't like insults. Also, why are you screaming all that at ME? I agree with a lot of what you said, and I got sse for free. I'm not complaining because I didn't get it for free, I was complaining because I think beth's motives are bad. I would be willing to pay for sse, but I don't like the intent behind some of their actions and policies. You might say who cares about their intentions if I'm getting a free game, but that is the problem. If all we stand for is the end goal/product, then things will go down hill. I don't care about me getting a free game, I care about beth getting comfortable doing shady/suspect things. I repeat, even if their future games are sub-par, above all I just don't want them to become like ea. 

I just did a dry run of SSE. I have to say, i wish the idiots did the 64 bit fix instead of useless item expansion back in 2012. Bethesda knows all the stuff is coming from Mod community so they don't care about improving stuff anyway. They are expecting the modding community to take care of stuff for them.

Whats good about 64 bit for modders.

- More memory space. Eliminate crashing from memory issues or long startup times.

- able to use more more Graphics processing units, less VM issues, better physics and texture capability. 

- You can pump better textures, models, details etc without worrying about memory. no Memory extender hacks. you can go beyond 2GB.

-  I have a smoother gameplay experience than I did with original Skyrim. 

Whats unfortunate:

- The look and feel still sucks without mods.

- Mods that have been long and mature projects are unlikely to redo their work although most aesthetic mods do not require rework unless they want to upgrade the experience to use to what SSE has to offer. 

- I dont believe SKSE will make a 64 bit port. Even so it will be loooooong time and all the script plugins we rely on will have to be adapted.

- Even if script extenders did make a compatibility only release. it will be worthless to improve performance if it will not use 64 bit. But we will take it over nothing.

- I am not entirely certain that scripts execution (papyrus) is migrated to 64 bit in SSE

- mammoths can still fly.

You can see in game people are playing where if you look South.Performance drags behind.

If you move too fast.The game crashes.So performance is everything.The game is horribly unbalanced.

and what is horribly unbalanced?

some can fix it if you tell them what is the problem

did a few tests before moving enderal from ssd (it's not performance friendly so it's better to find what eat fps)

uncompressed bsa, enb

161124114845330734.jpg

enb off

161124114814740943.jpg

compressed bsa, enb on

161124114629684747.jpg

enb off

161124114627299319.jpg

without textures, enb on

161124114549244638.jpg

enb off

161124114611834396.jpg

test as useless as last year, there's some commands to disable things

161124115131813234.jpg

no water (as if water was just eating 0.3 fps, waterfalls and the rest are probably 5-15 fps)

161124114919365088.jpg

no grass, fog, other things

161124114903441720.jpg

useless commands, removing stuff from the game is more accurate

161124120850296637.jpg

... don't know why i can't load the game without the tree meshes

but biggest difference between tamriel and enderal, it's the number of grass/trees

161124115127510617.jpg

removing a few trees make a huge difference

161124115143732579.jpg

161124115146821901.jpg

removing more don't change anything

161124115143564147.jpg

not sure what is wasting so much fps on the closest trees

maybe collision, it's up to the last leaf to forbid dragons to fly too close to trees

or something else whatever it is

those mountains under the ground probably waste some fps too, and other things

Extract from a report!  ;)

Of course, Bethesda is giving Skyrim Special Edition to PC players for free if they own the original game and all of its DLC — although it took more than 12 hours to show up for a lot of people. The new version already has more than 6,000 reviews on Steam, and it is now sitting at an overall mixed rating.

Crashing is one of the most common complaints in the more than 2,000 negative reviews. Some people can only get back to their system after this happens by restarting.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/28/surprise-bugs-plague-skyrim-special-editions-launch-on-pc/

Except you don't even know what the f@cking word Criticism means.  *blablabla*

You want a criticism thread of SSE then having people challenge BS and point out the MERITS of the game is REQUIRED.

criticism (n):

"The expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/criticism

"the act of saying that something or someone is bad"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/criticism

Yes it is unreasonable to hate SSE because Bethesda didn't give the base game free if you owned the base game but not the DLCs. Ever heard of LOYALTY rewards?

Unreasonable? Loyalty? One person pays 60 bucks for the game buys it on the release day, the other pays only 10 and buys it (with all DLCs) five years later. Which one is more "loyal"? The latter of course, right? Right.

There is no intellectual foundation to say well if you own just the base game of Oldrim then you should get the base game of SSE, Because owning the base game and all the DLCs gives you SSE + DLCs. Bethesda is allowed to shape their free promotion how ever they f@cking well want. You don't get to dictate how they reward their customers for their loyalty.

There is no "intellectual foundation", eh? Quite the contrary, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to expect. Yes, Bethesda is free to do whatever they want with their products and promotions and we have every right to hate them for it. Trying to defend "their rights" against the people of the modding communities like this, clearly shows what kind of a fanboy you are.

Anyone who wanted SSE for free could have gotten the game for cheap. Anyone who owned the game but was missing heathfire could have gotten SSE for pennies. "But I don't want heathfire?" Well I don't want a my little pony but if buying a my little pony meant I could get something I do want for free and buying the my little pony would get me the item I do want as a considerable savings then I would buy the fraking my little pony not QQ about the fact I had to buy the my little pony. You can't cure stupid and if people were too stupid not to buy heathfire on SALE the week before SSE released for a couple of bucks yet complain they didn't get SSE less heathfire for free, then they are too stupid to be allowed to breed and spread those genes into the gene pool.

I'll consider everyone who claims that "it's free" as an idiot from now on.

I guess this will be seen as the big mean fanboi coming into your "safe space" and making you face up to reality but I don't give a f@ck. Just because I wont ignore bullsh!t being presented as fact doesn't make me a fanboi. Except maybe a fanboi of the facts. I really do like facts.

Numerous people including me have already explained what "the facts" are in this thread. As for people like you, well, you and Bethesda really deserve each other and that's a sad "fact". Also, go read the first goddamn post if you still haven't figured out the purpose of this thread. I'm sure you can find some other people in other threads who are interested in discussing the "merits" of SSE with you, this is not a likely place to find them.

Threads like this really give you a good idea of what kind of idiots people Bethesda fanboys are and why you don't want to be among them. They are not even aware that by trying to defend every goddamn thing about the company against the community by attacking, insulting, alienating them, they are in fact damaging the very thing that makes Bethesda games what they are. But who knows, perhaps that's a good thing...

FYI: In case anyone thinks that I'm "whining about not getting SSE for free", I have the LE (got it for 10 bucks) and I should be eligible to get the SSE for free, although I haven't really bothered to check if I actually did, couldn't care less. Haven't even run Steam for months.

Except you don't even know what the f@cking word Criticism means.  *blablabla*

You want a criticism thread of SSE then having people challenge BS and point out the MERITS of the game is REQUIRED.

criticism (n):

"The expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/criticism

"the act of saying that something or someone is bad"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/criticism

criticism : from criticise

criticise ‎(third-person singular simple present criticises, present participle criticising, simple past and past participle criticised) (transitive or intransitive) (transitiveintransitiveBritain)

To evaluate (something), and judge its merits and faults

criticism never had a good or bad connotation, there's criticism on fault and criticism on merits.

- I dont believe SKSE will make a 64 bit port. Even so it will be loooooong time and all the script plugins we rely on will have to be adapted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5a1bh8/pc_official_skse64_thread/

2 day ago comment:

Okay - here is an update for you all. I posted this info on the old BGS forums today as well. As of last night we have the general Papyrus script extending working. I have a test spell that collects info off of a Weapon form (damage, stagger, weight, value from Weapon.psc, Name from Form.psc, Keyword info from Keyword.psc) and displays it. The TESObjectWEAP class is fully decoded, and with the exception of the SoundDescriptor class, all of the component forms that are used by weapons are also decoded. I expect most of the Weapon.psc functions to just work at this point, but I haven't verified them.

The weapon itself is found by looking it up internally by ID, and the dynamic casting code to get it to the correct form is also being used. These are important, foundational pieces of SKSE64. Additionally, many classes leverage the form components used by Weapons, so they will be decoded faster. This early work is like an accelerator for later work.

That being said, there is a ton of work left. We have many, many classes left to decode and verify. As each one is done I'll bring over the corresponding papyrus functions. We haven't looked at Inventory code yet (always tricky.) We haven't looked at Magic and Active Effects (big). We haven't looked at Input code (changed for x64). We haven't looked at Events. We haven't looked at Scaleform yet for SkyUI/MCM.

The long Thanksgiving weekend is approaching in the US, and I will be spending a lot of time deep in the porting process. I'll have some form of semi-official statement on where things stand (with perhaps a demo video) early next week (Monday or Tuesday I expect.)

criticism never had a good or bad connotation, there's criticism on fault and criticism on merits.

That's for the second use of the word, i.e. "The analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work". Synonyms are, "evaluation, assessment, examination, appreciation, appraisal, analysis, judgement". If you take a look at the tags associated with this thread, however, it should be obvious that the thread wasn't created to discuss any "merits" of SSE, whatever they are. In other words, this isn't a "SSE (Evaluation, Assessment, etc.) Thread", but a "SSE (censure, reproval, condemnation, denunciation, disapproval, disparagement, opprobrium, captiousness, fault-finding, carping, cavilling) Thread". Perhaps, "SSE Disapproval Thread" could have been a better title for it, as the intention was clearly to create a thread for the "hater" folk.

criticize (v):

"Indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/criticize

"to express disapproval of someone or something"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/criticize

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5a1bh8/pc_official_skse64_thread/

2 day ago comment:

Okay - here is an update for you all. I posted this info on the old BGS forums today as well. As of last night we have the general Papyrus script extending working. I have a test spell that collects info off of a Weapon form (damage, stagger, weight, value from Weapon.psc, Name from Form.psc, Keyword info from Keyword.psc) and displays it. The TESObjectWEAP class is fully decoded, and with the exception of the SoundDescriptor class, all of the component forms that are used by weapons are also decoded. I expect most of the Weapon.psc functions to just work at this point, but I haven't verified them.

The weapon itself is found by looking it up internally by ID, and the dynamic casting code to get it to the correct form is also being used. These are important, foundational pieces of SKSE64. Additionally, many classes leverage the form components used by Weapons, so they will be decoded faster. This early work is like an accelerator for later work.

That being said, there is a ton of work left. We have many, many classes left to decode and verify. As each one is done I'll bring over the corresponding papyrus functions. We haven't looked at Inventory code yet (always tricky.) We haven't looked at Magic and Active Effects (big). We haven't looked at Input code (changed for x64). We haven't looked at Events. We haven't looked at Scaleform yet for SkyUI/MCM.

The long Thanksgiving weekend is approaching in the US, and I will be spending a lot of time deep in the porting process. I'll have some form of semi-official statement on where things stand (with perhaps a demo video) early next week (Monday or Tuesday I expect.)

Don't create too many hopes on this, i mean, of course SKSE will come to 64bits, but from what i see and learn reading around about SKSE, F4SE etc... There is a long road to put all the fun stuff in 64bits, and some will never come, like the nice stuff from ENB like the SSS, real world reflections etc...

I will probably uninstall both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit come February or March since better games will be coming in them months on the my PS4 Pro and my PC. These games had their chance and it time to move on. Mass Effect Andromeda for the PC and Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS4. I don't even play the 32-Bit anymore since CTD because of the 4GB limit and more in Window 10 than in any other operating system.

I will probably uninstall both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit come February or March since better games will be coming in them months on the my PS4 Pro and my PC. These games had their chance and it time to move on. Mass Effect Andromeda for the PC and Horizon Zero Dawn for the PS4. I don't even play the 32-Bit anymore since CTD because of the 4GB limit and more in Window 10 than in any other operating system.

I agree, there come many new games and one of them seems promising.  ;)

/snip

FYI: In case anyone thinks that I'm "whining about not getting SSE for free", I have the LE (got it for 10 bucks) and I should be eligible to get the SSE for free, although I haven't really bothered to check if I actually did, couldn't care less. Haven't even run Steam for months..

Proving my point that you are full of sh!t. So you haven't even played the game don't know if you even own it so how the f@ck can you evaluate it and criticise it if you aren't even knowledgeable enough to know if you have the game?

"This games sucks! I haven't played it I complained that it wasn't actually free but I may actually own it but I am not sure because to me making judgements on games without playing then and not knowing the facts and doing research show how in tune I am with the gaming industry! If you like the game or claim it is free and think Bethesda can choose how they give away their products free because no gamers has a divine right to get anything for free, you are just a fanboi. You and Bethesda deserve each other!" [stomps feat]

LMOA I said from the beginning that facts didn't mean a thing to you lot and here you are proving my point. I have zero respect for you. You haven't played the game complained about the policy of the games free state but don't even know if you own it or not? I love to know how you can make an informed evaluation on the merits of newrim when you haven't played it. Sure I could see you say based on what I have seen I wont buy it without playing it but you have QQ on specifics you can't even evaluate for yourself as true or false because you don't know anything about the game.

"get out of this thread! It is a place for mindless rants and not a place for anyone to actually bring facts and thought into the discussion"

my response?

People need to know just how crap your opinion is because it isn't based on any experience or gained knowledge from use it is just some QQing gamer having a mindless childish rant. And there needs to be a contrary voice to stupidity. And yes it is stupid to evaluate a game either its flaws or merits is you have NEVER played the game at all.

-snip- 

Who said anything about not voicing opinions? If you wanna say that something I say is wrong, then by all means correct me, I just don't like insults. Also, why are you screaming all that at ME? I agree with a lot of what you said, and I got sse for free. I'm not complaining because I didn't get it for free, I was complaining because I think beth's motives are bad. I would be willing to pay for sse, but I don't like the intent behind some of their actions and policies. You might say who cares about their intentions if I'm getting a free game, but that is the problem. If all we stand for is the end goal/product, then things will go down hill. I don't care about me getting a free game, I care about beth getting comfortable doing shady/suspect things. I repeat, even if their future games are sub-par, above all I just don't want them to become like ea. 

You haven't proven their intentions at all your own points contradict your theroy of their intentions. Which again you ignore why do I insult you because you ignore the concept that mutual benifit doesn't negate benifits, Win-Win doesn't mean, win minus win, it means both parties win, this has been academically proven to be the best sort of business transaction that can be made, where both the company and the consumer win. Yet you make is appear like it is nefarious if both parties gain something from a transaction. You and everyone else on this thread refuse to address this point so yes I think that is idiotic and stupid and I think you should call people on such things.

Hell we just learned some of the idiots here are attacking the quality of newrim without actually playing the game at all. Sooo you tell me how is making evaluations on newrim without actually playing it not idiotic? how are people doing this not stupid and not idiots? Hell at least I can praise oldrim where it out shines newrim because well I've played both so I can make an honest assessment of both games merits and flaws compared to each other.  When someone does something stupid and idiotic and calling them on it an insult or just stating fact? I would suggest that when you have facts that people are being stupid calling them stupid isn't insulting it is accurately describing them.

-snip- 

You haven't proven their intentions at all your own points contradict your theroy of their intentions. Which again you ignore why do I insult you because you ignore the concept that mutual benifit doesn't negate benifits, Win-Win doesn't mean, win minus win, it means both parties win, this has been academically proven to be the best sort of business transaction that can be made, where both the company and the consumer win. Yet you make is appear like it is nefarious if both parties gain something from a transaction. You and everyone else on this thread refuse to address this point so yes I think that is idiotic and stupid and I think you should call people on such things.

Hell we just learned some of the idiots here are attacking the quality of newrim without actually playing the game at all. Sooo you tell me how is making evaluations on newrim without actually playing it not idiotic? how are people doing this not stupid and not idiots? Hell at least I can praise oldrim where it out shines newrim because well I've played both so I can make an honest assessment of both games merits and flaws compared to each other.  When someone does something stupid and idiotic and calling them on it an insult or just stating fact? I would suggest that when you have facts that people are being stupid calling them stupid isn't insulting it is accurately describing them.

skyrim 2011 93% positive reviews

The PC version of the special edition of Skyrim does not just make for jumps among the fans. Currently, the remastered version has about half negative reviews on Steam: 4000 negative reviews stand 6000 positive. Many complain about the fact that this is even technically worse than the original and can not graphically match with mods.

Clearly behind the normal version

Almost 4000 negative reviews can be found on the Steam page of the Skyrim Special Edition. On the other hand there are 6000 positive reviews, some of which should also be part of the fun reviews. In contrast, the normal version of Skyrim can boast 93 per cent of positive reviews. Now, the players will only hope that Bethesda will listen to the voices of the fans and remove the bug piece by piece with updates from the game.

Edit: that means that Bethesda has learned nothing, but nothing at all, They have the old errors in SSE taken over!  ;)

Edit2: 4000 people are idiots, ironic.  :P

http://www.gamona.de/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special,negative-reviews-auf-steam-stapeln-sich:news.html

@Gothfather

Erm SSE is just upgraded oldrim to 64-bit with some added effects, even the bugs are in there and you talk about it as if its a completely different game.

I mean saying "you dont know anything about the game" when its the same game sounds kinda ridiculous.

Literally the same game in every aspect aside from graphic performance and memory management.

The fact that most people's defense of the game is "it's newer" (and?) and "it runs better than my old copy with 34343343 mods attached to it" are specious at best.

They didn't even fix the bad navmeshing in whiterun, hell they didn't even fix the market mesh that loads the street textures again on top of the existing ones.

The stricter nif requirements don't seem to have any benefit at all I can see, and considering that my character and his main companion are about 110K  polygons between them in 32, the whole "more room for more stuff" doesn't really hold up either, cause you can certainly lag the fuck out of 64 simply by installing 3DNPC, InqPC and all three TPOS all at the same time, which turns Whiterun64 into an instant slideshow in Whiterun and Solitude, not because of all those textures and polygons, but because of all those cloak spells and quest hooks vying for attention in papyrus.

snip...

skyrim 2011 93% positive reviews

The PC version of the special edition of Skyrim does not just make for jumps among the fans. Currently, the remastered version has about half negative reviews on Steam: 4000 negative reviews stand 6000 positive. Many complain about the fact that this is even technically worse than the original and can not graphically match with mods.

Clearly behind the normal version

Almost 4000 negative reviews can be found on the Steam page of the Skyrim Special Edition. On the other hand there are 6000 positive reviews, some of which should also be part of the fun reviews. In contrast, the normal version of Skyrim can boast 93 per cent of positive reviews. Now, the players will only hope that Bethesda will listen to the voices of the fans and remove the bug piece by piece with updates from the game.

Edit: that means that Bethesda has learned nothing, but nothing at all, They have the old errors in SSE taken over!  ;)

Edit2: 4000 people are idiots, ironic.  :P

http://www.gamona.de/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special,negative-reviews-auf-steam-stapeln-sich:news.html

4001 - to be correct. ;)

If that's the case, why are you so upset?
Oh, I forgot - you gave Bethesda already soooo much money.
Probably under threat of violence.
And that was 2011 - and today you look in your wallet and say "hupps".  :lol:

To be honest:
I'm not a fan of Skyrim or Skyrim SE - rather Fallout 4.
My job and my hobby is software development. With Skyrim + CK I have now more than 5400 hours spent. Because it makes me happy to create something new.
Presumably I have already given each tree and shrub its own name.  :lol:

From today's point of view, I would not buy Skyrim SE and I would not be sad not to have gotten it for nothing.

How it will be in the future remains to be seen.

In general Bethesda's decision is correct. In the case of misjudgments, the market reacts very quickly.

In this thread it should go to criticism (positive and negative) to SSE - and criticism should be objective - if it should be taken seriously.