SSE Criticism Thread

-snip-

I know very little about water and/or the new havok engine. All I do know is that they likely could have gone with the engine fo4 runs on(physx I do believe), if they weren't lazy. Might have required some effort, and adding physics for clothes and hair would have been lots of effort, but I think default extended physics in sse would have been such a fucking win for the game.

exactly that is it, a little more physics on everything, at least as in TW3 and a bit better shadow quality!

then would be SSE perhaps but also only perhaps, acceptable!

SSE is more of the same from BGS: wasted potential, bugs that they'll know about but never fix, and of course halfhearted efforts that completely ignore player input. After FO4 none of that is surprising. The attitude at Bethesda since Oldrim seems to be "good enough" rather than "good." This, of course, is ignoring the hideous default faces in every game. Would it kill them to hire some decent artists?

There are only two people who must disappear, but in a deep hole and then a lot of EARTH on it.  ;)

-snip-

I know very little about water and/or the new havok engine. All I do know is that they likely could have gone with the engine fo4 runs on(physx I do believe), if they weren't lazy. Might have required some effort, and adding physics for clothes and hair would have been lots of effort, but I think default extended physics in sse would have been such a fucking win for the game.

Fallout 4 uses Havok as its physics engine.

And considering how hard it has been to create animation mods for Fallout 4, would you -really- want SSE to be in the same boat? It would destroy mod porting ease for anything like FNIS, Sexlab etc.

Adding Physics to more items... yeah, I'd have liked to see that, definitely... that wouldnt have required a new physics engine, but changing engine entirely to Nvidia PhysX would have meant years of work for Modders and there would be no real noticeable end result between Havok physics and PhysX physics... I think PhysX generally handles particle physics better... but thats about the only major difference outside of how the two engines actually work (which i went into very vague glossary detail on in a previous post to Winny)

@Winny ... they improved the shadow quality itself, what they DIDNT do.. which they damn well should have, was adding more robust shadow rendering... I believe SSE kept Oldrims limit of 4 lightsources for shadows... they should have, and could have altered that, since they messed with atmospheric lighting anyway.

-snip-

Again, I will gladly admit, I know very little about the physics system. Someone else has told me that fo4 is running on a different engine. They were saying that if they were gonna update sse to have more modern stuff, something we should expect is hair/clothes with physics. And since we don't know the future of physics with sse anyway, it's really doesn't matter in terms of compatibility. Converting animations and meshes might be harder, but the future of extended physics in sse is at this point(as far as I know) completely uncertain. I(and no one I know of) have been unable to get a hold of hydrogen, which means someone else will have to rebuild a physics extension tool for sse. I don't know much about how she created the first 2 tools, but that might mean they don't have access to her original code, which would make the process very daunting indeed.

SSE is more of the same from BGS: wasted potential, bugs that they'll know about but never fix, and of course halfhearted efforts that completely ignore player input. After FO4 none of that is surprising. The attitude at Bethesda since Oldrim seems to be "good enough" rather than "good." This, of course, is ignoring the hideous default faces in every game. Would it kill them to hire some decent artists?

There are only two people who must disappear, but in a deep hole and then a lot of EARTH on it.  ;)

Agreed. #HowardAndHinesMustDie

Well, this happened earlier than I expected

attachicon.gifskst1.jpg

it was clear, actually too late.

the majority of these votes are consoles the * new * is added were.

And how was that with the saliva?  ;)

What consoles? This is from Steam so it is PC only - the number of actual PC players in the game at that moment.

Well, this happened earlier than I expected

attachicon.gifskst1.jpg

it was clear, actually too late.

the majority of these votes are consoles the * new * is added were.

And how was that with the saliva?  ;)

What consoles? This is from Steam so it is PC only - the number of actual PC players in the game at that moment.

Shit

I've been following the Steam stats in the past weeks curious to see how people really react to SSE.

Seeing all the excitement and praise about it all over forums and subreddits and also seen the problems SSE objectively has I was curious to see how the players , most of whom do not post online, will threat SSE. And how the controversial player rating of SSE on Steam is reflected in reality. (For example the negative reviews about FO4 did not correspond to the actual player's sentiment and FO4 stayed a very popular game for a very long time).

I expected to see sharp drop in the Oldrim player count as we can assume most of the players on Steam got SSE for free. And if SSE is so much better as many will make us believe I expected people will embrace it.

What actually happened is that the number of players who kept using Olrim not only did not drop, it actually increased. In the first several days SSE was leading by quite a lot as is to be expected as people were curious to try it. But after that there was a clear trend of players preferring Oldrim to the new edition. Right now they are neck to neck in the race and in some time slots Oldrim is actually played by more people. 

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/489830,72850

The green is SSE, the blue is Oldrim

post-925979-0-46383300-1479144046_thumb.jpg

post-925979-0-18265100-1479142837_thumb.jpg

If this trend continues very soon Oldrim will be the definitive preferred Skyrim by the majority of the players. Right now it is split right in the middle. 

Not sure why that list is of any surprise. SSE is Skyrim. People are just continuing off of the old Skyrim onto the new one. Many are willing to sacrifice the old along with the mods for the new game and its current mods. Also, I don't look at that list as anything to be proud of. There really isn't anything truly amazing about SSE. Really don't care about the 64 bit. It's a rehash of a 5 year old game. If this was TES6 it'd be a different story. I'm just not excited because this seems like the new fashion trend for Bethesda. A short cut to make more money with the least amount of productivity in mind. Don't care about the excuse of "console mods". They could have just introduced console mods when TES6 was around the corner. No, they have to make that quick buck now.

It's literally just bumping it up to x64 and upscaling the graphics, not even improving them, not even fixing any bugs (they could have just slapped in SLEEP with the creator's permission and have been done with it, Jesus), not even changing anything like, I dunno, bringing the Civil War sideplot up to what they originally aimed for before gutting it to keep from changing the release date.

And it's just as inefficient as Fallout 4, maybe even more so. SSE is clearly just a gibe moni plos from Bethesda, either that or an attempt to stall for time while they make TES6 - which I'm guessing everyone thought TESO was. Either way, it's not good.

It's literally just bumping it up to x64 and upscaling the graphics, not even improving them, not even fixing any bugs (they could have just slapped in SLEEP with the creator's permission and have been done with it, Jesus), not even changing anything like, I dunno, bringing the Civil War sideplot up to what they originally aimed for before gutting it to keep from changing the release date.

And it's just as inefficient as Fallout 4, maybe even more so. SSE is clearly just a gibe moni plos from Bethesda, either that or an attempt to stall for time while they make TES6 - which I'm guessing everyone thought TESO was. Either way, it's not good.

After all the negative user reviews about FO4 and SSE, coupled with the money sink that is ESO, TES VI would have to be a miracle to salvage Bethesda and Zenimax both financially and in terms of company reputation. As is they're better known for cheap, buggy games and an inability to deliver what they promise. Sort of like politicians.

After all the negative user reviews about FO4 and SSE, coupled with the money sink that is ESO, TES VI would have to be a miracle to salvage Bethesda and Zenimax both financially and in terms of company reputation. As is they're better known for cheap, buggy games and an inability to deliver what they promise. Sort of like politicians.

TES 6 is on hold. They're currently waiting for new technology and a better engine. It is very likely they will take some aspects from another Elder Scrolls game since the setting they chose was already in one of them before.

Doubt it will end up like FO4 did since TES is a very highly respected franchise of the company excluding ESO from the group...

Everyone has been waiting a long time for a new Elder Scrolls; and now that we know where the next one will take place, its only a matter of time.

Also if you didnt already know; its in Valenwood.

If they really cared to make improvements to Skyrim with SSE, they could have put in the removed features that Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul does. Skyrim is bland. It lacks life... And having all these dialogues sitting there in the dust really just shows how low quality their games are. Especially how awful their AI system has always been.

I would rather of seen them fully implement all the cut out content in Skyrim SSE than their generic improved textures, god rays, volumentric lighting etc. But it's a proven fact that they don't really care about the quality of their product over more money.

Skyrim 64bit would of been something to have an orgasm about if it was inherited and released back in 2011 and not 2016. It would of saved many of us the headaches.

part of me thinks they could have added new features. and fixes that people clamored for in the original, but at the same time they'd just be biting from mods alot of people used at that point....

not that they haven't bit off of mods before. but maybe just letting the modders do it better is the best option? although i would have liked a show of effort on their part, but isnt that why it was free on PC?

All Bethesda wanted was a little more money from console players for the same old product, with minimal effort on their part. They already had their engine updated for Fallout 4 and already had been working on mod support for consoles for Fallout 4. They probably formed a small team to rebuild Skyrim with the new engine they used for Fallout 4 and that was all. I'm sure the majority of their employees continued to work on whatever they had been working on after the release of Fallout 4. They neither had time nor intention to fix the old bugs in a five year old product, which they left in a broken state for like 3 years ago. Don't know how some PC people can see SSE as some kind of a gift from a generous company... Boggles the mind...

Right, and this is my really my only gripe, (because SSE is actually way more stable). About two weeks ago you could go to Youtube and look for Skyrim Mods while eating ones tea and it would be 99% actual new mods presented in a knowledgeable fashion.  Now you have a shed loads of fecking console videos expounding years old, now converted, mods as if it was the second coming, and discussed, usually, by the same sort of people who think that day time television presentation is the type of style to aim for. Not entirely sure that console people appreciate the down tone of the presentations, but that's what they are getting.