What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

1 hour ago, spoonsinger said:

Rudy (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4796 ) with Skin Shaders (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20813 ) is probably your best bet. But as above says SSE is a bit naff at the moment in this respect. Original Skyrim is way better.

what u mean sse is a bit naff with end whats the diff with enb with Oldrim and SSE is there a big diff ty :)

I'm using Re-Engaged ENB for Vivid Weathers. Environmentally, it's lovely. For character skins, it's a bit... glowy. I haven't really taken the time to fully tune the settings yet, but even turning bloom down a bit hasn't made a huge difference. Everyone still looks ever so slightly overexposed outside.

I'm using NAT, and part of the mod changes Sub Surface Scattering for many types of translucent surfaces; including characters skin. The mod is made with the use of ENB in mind, of course. It's also very modular and can be adjusted in-game with its own menus (linked to a Shout spell, and when you use the Shout it pops up a menu to adjust stuff).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12842

I'm using it in conjunction with the last version of ENB and it works well, and I like the visual results so far.

However, when it comes to character skin details I don't think that any amount of ENB will ever equal actual Blending of proper texture details like Veins, Muscle definition, scars, dirt, pubic hair and the likes. That stuff can be done easily enough with UUNP TexBlend. Not sure if there's something like that for CBBE but I assume there is (I just wouldn't be aware of it though, since I'm only using UNP bodies).

13 hours ago, fucking_spaghetti said:

The best ENBs for skin at the moment are still in oldrim I'm afraid (Snapdragon ENB).  A good option would be to download an ENB you like and alter the subsurface scattering to an enb thats good for skin. That's what I do usually, but I still play oldrim. I recommend looking on the nexus by filtering by endorsements and just look around there.

SSE doesn't support subsurface scattering the way Oldrim does. That's why skin and other semi-translucencies don't generally look as good in SSE. Yet. :classic_biggrin:

Starting around ENBSeries 3.4.5, Boris introduced a version of subsurface scattering, but oddy, it ignores existing *_sk.dds maps and so still doesn't do as well as Oldrim. The foremost expert that I know on "skin looks" in SSE is Screen Archer Extraordinaire R246, reachable here and on the Nexus. Contact him and ask how he gets his Racemenu and ECE and Character Creation presets to look so damned good. He'll help you as long as you don't mention my name. :classic_tongue:

As to good vibrant (including all the way to Fantasy) ENB otions, I used Sin Xtreme Realism Chromatic, and now I use Intrigued ENB for Obsidian Weathers. Both have numerous preset options to install, plus the usual ENB in-game-menu options panel where you can tweak almost everything. Both are available on the SSE Nexus.

8 hours ago, Xelriel said:

i hope there are some ENB's that aren't on the nexus

It's far and away the world's largest free mods hosting site (I don't know about sites like Baidu since they don't share verifiable statistics with the rest of the world.) Even if you hate the Nexus for whatever reason, a mod's presence there doesn't taint the mod in any way, and it's just logical for (most) mod authors to expose their mods to the largest number of potential users by uploading them to the world's largest mod hosting site. Duh!

Why would it matter to you where a mod is hosted if the mod does what you want it to do?

On 10/31/2018 at 10:24 PM, Vyxenne said:

It's far and away the world's largest free mods hosting site (I don't know about sites like Baidu since they don't share verifiable statistics with the rest of the world.) Even if you hate the Nexus for whatever reason, a mod's presence there doesn't taint the mod in any way, and it's just logical for (most) mod authors to expose their mods to the largest number of potential users by uploading them to the world's largest mod hosting site. Duh!

Why would it matter to you where a mod is hosted if the mod does what you want it to do?

Sorry, i di not mean at all any disrespect, i use the nexus each and every day for 90% of my mods, i simply meant that i wonder if there was some cool ENB's off site maybe in the corner of the net that people are working on that may not be so public but still usable that bring out these kinds of features i am looking for :O

9 hours ago, Xelriel said:

Sorry, i di not mean at all any disrespect, i use the nexus each and every day for 90% of my mods, i simply meant that i wonder if there was some cool ENB's off site maybe in the corner of the net that people are working on that may not be so public but still usable that bring out these kinds of features i am looking for :O

Oh, cool, I thought it was about the mindless hatred of Nexus that rears its ugly head around here sometimes. I'm sure you're familiar with Google searches, so I'll wish you "happy hunting" and bid you adieu. :classic_wub: