On 2/5/2019 at 6:15 PM, Bad Dog said:

Hey: At various points, people have asked me to do something and I've said yes and was too buried in YA5 to do it. I now have bandwidth to think about shit so if you want something now is the time to ask.

In particular, somebody was wondering if I could do a unique PC of his fursona, which would have been a panther variant. I said I could do it once I got them sorted, but now I can't find the message chain. So anyway, have at me.

raaaats? XD  *days late to the suggestion party*

Regardless, I'm in awe of the work so far. And if even half the stuff getting linked lately is added in some capacity, that'll be amazing too. I don't know how you manage to churn things out this quickly.

Oh, fair questions to actually ask, looking back at the old patches... will HelgenReborn and Burma need future patches? Or should they still function appropriately without modification?

Skyrim with this mod makes the best ''furry simulator'' game so far.  Great job. Gonna play some more once I have time for Skyrim. 

But I have a question. Is some bodypaint possible? Like... the most common patterns for being most of the sparkledog sona creation possible?  Just plain color for a whole body sometimes not really... immersive. 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:46 AM, Bad Dog said:

I'll do Lykaios in a bit. Do you furballs want some NPCs too? I could do like the otters and install a small pack somewhere.

Bad Dog, would you tell me when approximately is the release date separate Lykaios race, so as not to see the forum every day would know the approximate date

6 hours ago, Saren_662 said:

But I have a question. Is some bodypaint possible? Like... the most common patterns for being most of the sparkledog sona creation possible?  Just plain color for a whole body sometimes not really... immersive. 

Any standard RaceMenu overlay mods like for example Beast Race Bodypaints -Khajiit and Argonian Themed Body and Face Paints- should work just fine on Yiffy Age races, though the paints may look a bit different on some races due to their base body textures being different.

I ain't got no time for no sparkledog shit. Also, convincing furry bodypaint is hard.

Sofia, yeah, sure. 

Lykaios, actually I'm working with someone now who did an SSE port of just the Lykaios assets. The schlongs are being uncooperative. They did SSE first, so that might come out before LE.

LOL re the argonian tongues. You're stuck with them for now. Maybe I'll do an argonian playthrough and if I get sick of them I'll pull them out.

13 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

1487425620.fenrir-lunaris_sparkledog.png.jpeg

Lol. ^This. This so much. I mean, to each their own, and I understand people want their OCs or fursonas to be unique in some ways; but that is not the same as making them look like they just crashed through the "Paint" and "Riveting" sections of a hardware store.

As far as I'm concerned, species-appropiate coloration all the way, with maybe a bit of dye thrown in here and there (but in reasonable quantities only).

5 hours ago, Lloydd94 said:

A quick question. Could we see a patch for Mrissi a tail of troubles in the future or is there no problems with it currently? I haven't tested it yet, and I was actually curious about it. Also, I'm not getting any problems with Legacy of the Dragonborn yet.

AFAIK it shouldn't pose any technical issue, but it may not work with the mod's story. Unless they changed the plot since the last time I tried out the mod (which to be honest is certainly possible, as I tried it a long time ago): 

Spoiler

Mrissi is supposed to be a "normal" (Suthay) Khajiit like the other ones found in vanilla Skyrim that was taken into slavery and subjected to magical experiments by her Thalmor owner to make her more humanoid/elven and less beastly, which is why she is a catgirl/Ohmes ingame. This wouldn't really make sense in the YA world because elves are felines as well, so she would actually be closer to elves as her original self (Suthay Khajiit) than as an Ohmes.

If the plot has changed and now she's supposed to be an Ohmes from the start without race or appearance-altering magic being involved, it shouldn't have any issues with the plot, though.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Lol. ^This. This so much. I mean, to each their own, and I understand people want their OCs or fursonas to be unique in some ways; but that is not the same as making them look like they just crashed through the "Paint" and "Riveting" sections of a hardware store.

As far as I'm concerned, species-appropiate coloration all the way, with maybe a bit of dye thrown in here and there (but in reasonable quantities only).

AFAIK it shouldn't pose any technical issue, but it may not work with the mod's story. Unless they changed the plot since the last time I tried out the mod (which to be honest is certainly possible, as I tried it a long time ago): 

Hide contents

Mrissi is supposed to be a "normal" (Suthay) Khajiit like the other ones found in vanilla Skyrim that was taken into slavery and subjected to magical experiments by her Thalmor owner to make her more humanoid/elven and less beastly, which is why she is a catgirl/Ohmes ingame. This wouldn't really make sense in the YA world because elves are felines as well, so she would actually be closer to elves as her original self (Suthay Khajiit) than as an Ohmes.

If the plot has changed and now she's supposed to be an Ohmes from the start without race or appearance-altering magic being involved, it shouldn't have any issues with the plot, though.

I don't think they changed it too much from the original. I tend to finish the main story line for Dawngard, Dragonborn and the original before doing the smaller questlines, then side quests, then mod quests. I have odd standards. lol

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

As far as I'm concerned, species-appropiate coloration all the way, with maybe a bit of dye thrown in here and there (but in reasonable quantities only)

Actually that guy who wanted me to put his fursona in skyrim was a panther with a star pattern. I think a crescent moon on his forehead. Looked kinda cool and I was interested in seeing if I could make it glow. But of course, only using silver and black and it's hard to go wrong with that.

M'rissi feels like going backwards to me. After all skyrim is furrified, we're bringing back a humanoid look? But it does look like it might be a fun mod.

So how would you furballs like to help a modder out?

Part of the reason it's taking so long to get SSE conversions to happen is because I basically don't understand SE at all. Another modder has done a Lykaios race conversion with the new assets for SE and I'm trying to get the schlong working and the whole thing is just confusing. I asked about this over on the SOS thread and got no love, so maybe you fuzzybutts can help.

So first, I'm still seeing the unmodded character setup interface:

Spoiler

image.png

Racemenu should have replaced this, just like on LE, right? So I'm thinking there must be something very basic broken in my setup but I can't figure out what.

Then this is what I get for the schlongs:

Spoiler

image.png

The base is about right, but it gets bigger the further out you go. I have no idea what's causing this. The schlongs are just converted over using the tool, nothing special about them. (Well, except they still have the hdt info, but that should do nothing without hdt, right?)

Furthermore, I can't get the SOS sliders to show up in racemenu (likely because I'm stuck on the old UI). With SOSRaceMenu.esp enabled, SOS says use racemenu and racemenu has no sliders--but the bones are scaled right. With SOSRaceMenu disabled, size can be set in SOS but the scaling is as above. 

So i just dunno what's going on or how to get SE set up right. Load order follows.

Spoiler

image.png

Edit: Okay, I'm an idiot and didn't have RaceMenu installed. But the rest is still a problem.

15 hours ago, Lloydd94 said:

A quick question. Could we see a patch for Mrissi a tail of troubles in the future or is there no problems with it currently? I haven't tested it yet, and I was actually curious about it. Also, I'm not getting any problems with Legacy of the Dragonborn yet.

Your save dying is literally and factually a matter of time. Sure you can enjoy catching them all in the meantime, but don't get too attached to your playthrough.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

The base is about right, but it gets bigger the further out you go. I have no idea what's causing this. The schlongs are just converted over using the tool, nothing special about them. (Well, except they still have the hdt info, but that should do nothing without hdt, right?)

I recall converting the models from the stand-alone version of the Lykaios shlong mod and never had that issue, though I stopped using it from some reason. I think this was before you converted hoodies to SSE, and I went to a Khajit with normal dicks...the models however seemed to work fine.

9 hours ago, 27X said:

Your save dying is literally and factually a matter of time. Sure you can enjoy catching them all in the meantime, but don't get too attached to your playthrough.

No idea what you're going on about. And like any modder, you always make backups of saves as well as the skyrim data folder.

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Actually that guy who wanted me to put his fursona in skyrim was a panther with a star pattern. I think a crescent moon on his forehead. Looked kinda cool and I was interested in seeing if I could make it glow. But of course, only using silver and black and it's hard to go wrong with that.

I mean, the Dro-m'Athra are a thing in ES lore thanks to ESO, so in that specific case I guess you can even get away with it lore-wise, glow and moon themes included. And if that guy is the same one that PM'd me first, then yeah, I've seen much worse than that, it's pretty tame compared to other stuff out there. I was mostly talking about the rainbow-puke full-on sparkledog stuff.

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

M'rissi feels like going backwards to me. After all skyrim is furrified, we're bringing back a humanoid look? But it does look like it might be a fun mod.

Ohmes-Raht Khajiit variants (aka catgirls) should still exist in the YA world as we discussed a while back, so as I said in the spoiler, if MRissi is supposed to be one, then she can still make sense. I have to agree going for a catgirl when all of the other races are already full anthros is a bit weird, but to each their own.

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Then this is what I get for the schlongs:

Only thing I can think of is the bone size globals got messed up somehow.

I'm pretty sure all the "Gen01", "Gen02", "GenBase", etc. Global Variables are used by SOS to know by which amount it should scale each bone to keep a proper shape for bigger schlongs. If the Gen01 to Gen06 globals get progressively higher for some reason (meaning the bones towards the tip end up with a higher scale than the ones at the base), that could explain the result from your pic. Have you made sure the values for those globals are the same as in the original LE plugins?

3 minutes ago, Lloydd94 said:

No idea what you're going on about. And like any modder, you always make backups of saves as well as the skyrim data folder.

Legacy of the Dragonborn will eventually murder your save file due to the ridiculously high script string count it has. 27X is simply warning you about it because you mentioned LotD seemingly working fine on your end.

1 minute ago, Blaze69 said:

Legacy of the Dragonborn will eventually murder your save file due to the ridiculously high script string count it has. 27X is simply warning you about it because you mentioned LotD seemingly working fine on your end.

Ooooh. I see what you mean now. Is it possible to clean script bloat on saves?