Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Guys, this is the business, take a damn look on the world where you leave... Bethesda are not the worst, they respect their consummers, look at the others. And not only videogames company...

Welcome in the real world, the one which is ruled by only one thing : earning money. And I'm not a Bethesda fanboy, trust me. But they are not the worst, look at Activision, Bungie, Ubisoft, etc... They rape their own community without any feeling lol.

Guys, this is the business, take a damn look on the world where you leave... Bethesda are not the worst, they respect their consummers, look at the others. And not only videogames company...

Welcome in the real world, the one which is ruled by only one thing : earning money. And I'm not a Bethesda fanboy, trust me. But they are not the worst, look at Activision, Bungie, Ubisoft, etc... They rape their own community without any feeling lol.

I once loved Bethesda, They were all for me, as Morrowind appeared!

It was the breakthrough of Bethesda, with this game + 2 Adds, huge world, at that time excellent graphics, minimum play time over 1000 hours to discover everything!

then the break, morrowind developer leave Bethesda.

What comes * Oblivion * a bug-infected game, that only playable through patches and mods.

the same applies to Skyrim, 9 patches and still errors!

Better I stop otherwise there is a danger, that I EXPLODE.  ;)

Who cares ? It's just a question of time, the 32bits edition is 5yo, and in 5 years, nobody will remain this version, because all would have been patched to work on 64, and there will be no more support for 32.

you will do it for the mods that are abandonned?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61378-what-happened-to-wyrmstooth/

where will you upload that?

don't pick that kind of site

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/63491-overwatch-mercy-outfit/

It was the breakthrough of Bethesda, with this game + 2 Adds, huge world, at that time excellent graphics, minimum play time over 1000 hours to discover everything!

What comes * Oblivion * a bug-infected game, that only playable through patches and mods.

I liked Oblivion though, you're just getting more and more cynical as you get older and not able to enjoy things like you used to I get that but your hatred to Bethesda is unfounded and if you really hate Bethesda/Skyrim SE so much why are you even in this thread?

Calm down and share some more beer instead.

Don't ever forget the silent majority, it's why game-publishers get away with crap like this.

- People pre-order no matter how badly they've been burnt before. They hype fall for hype over and over again. The ones complaining are a minority.

- Gaming press is partly to blame for that, remember (as if anyone had forgotten already) No Man's Sky? The press in general hyped it to no end, even several big press outlets had very positive reviews. That didn't help either. 

- Skyrim Special Edition has been sent out to youtubers and streamers already, not that they are any more or less credible press than the critics, but seems to show Bethesda isn't hiding their games, but probably shifting how they market them. They likely believe youtubers are taken as more credible by the public than established gaming press.

- Even Ubisoft is now doing it for Watch Dogs 2. 

- I'm not advocating these practices are ok, but in hindsight gaming-press reviews haven't influenced my decisions in the games I buy in many years, so I'm not shocked, yet Bethesda should have let the gaming-press strangle itself. It wouldn't have mattered, it won't make a lick of difference in sales give or take a few. And it wouldn't have painted them in such a bad light, however briefly people will remember it.

Well, that is in the act IRONIE.  :lol: and to the Death Laughter. 00008353.gif

its not funny, this is serious.

this could kill my own mods. all that it will take is for one required mod to go SE only, then its good bye to "Horny Dragons of Skyrim", because i'm not going to work on something that i can not use.

all of this is happening because they did not make a 64bit version 5 years ago, if they did it would have been XP compatible and i would not have this problem now.

People still USE windows XP? Color me shocked.

I liked Oblivion though, you're just getting more and more cynical as you get older and not able to enjoy things like you used to I get that but your hatred to Bethesda is unfounded and if you really hate Bethesda/Skyrim SE so much why are you even in this thread?

that I sometimes wonder also.  ;) 

You have certainly played Oblivion with mods, not vanilla? 

For me, Vanilla was a small catastrophe.

Also Skyrim with Mods, play it only Vanilla without patches and your joy falls into the cellar.  :P 

that is all here the biggest concern SSE without mods.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

---snip---

Calm down and share some more beer instead.

I do not drink beer!  ;)  :P  :)

I'm super excited.

Why???  :)

Well, that is in the act IRONIE.  :lol: and to the Death Laughter. 00008353.gif

its not funny, this is serious.

this could kill my own mods. all that it will take is for one required mod to go SE only, then its good bye to "Horny Dragons of Skyrim", because i'm not going to work on something that i can not use.

all of this is happening because they did not make a 64bit version 5 years ago, if they did it would have been XP compatible and i would not have this problem now.

People still USE windows XP? Color me shocked.

Not all people are rich  :P

Really? Its #$%$@ Free!

Shit on FREE.

Even if you would give me 1000$, or hold a gun to my head, even then I would not play it.  :P

Then why are you still in this topic. If you don't like it, leave. Stop trolling the information thread with your hate, it's neither needed or wanted.

Good night all, i'm going to sleep now.
Until tomorrow, to a new fight.  ;)

landscape-1470917828-rock-eyebrow.gif

Really? Its #$%$@ Free!

Shit on FREE.
Even if you would give me 1000$, or hold a gun to my head, even then I would not play it.  :P

Then why are you still in this topic. If you don't like it, leave. Stop trolling the information thread with your hate, it's neither needed or wanted.

Same RIGHT for all, already once heard of it?

The announcement and release of the enhanced edition has reignited my interest in modding for Skyrim. I've put a lot of time and effort into making a new mod for it over the last month or so. And enjoyed every second of it (except the frustrating bits, but they balance out positive when you solve them).

The announcement and release of the enhanced edition has reignited my interest in modding for Skyrim. I've put a lot of time and effort into making a new mod for it over the last month or so. And enjoyed every second of it (except the frustrating bits, but they balance out positive when you solve them).

And -this- is why I am happy for the Special Edition... did we -need- it? No... but if it gives a more stable platform for creators to do their work on.... then I'm glad we have it.

that I sometimes wonder also.  ;) 

You have certainly played Oblivion with mods, not vanilla? 

For me, Vanilla was a small catastrophe.

Also Skyrim with Mods, play it only Vanilla without patches and your joy falls into the cellar.  :P 

that is all here the biggest concern SSE without mods.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I didn't play Oblivion with mods I didn't even know they existed until after I finished Skyrim, I played both on console at the time and Skyrim I will agree is a garbage game without mods after 60 hours I was done forever playing it until i got my first PC.

But I am saying Bethesda made the Creation Kit allowing modders to be able to  do what they do today and thats pretty cool in my book I don't know of other companies that allow people to tamper with their game as much as we do. People bitched about it being 32bit forever now 64bit is coming out now beth is getting alot of hate which I don't get I mean I get that its kinda late in the game for a SE version but at least its here.

From what I read in another thread, many mods can just be recompiled/saved/whatever in the new/updated Creation Kit to work with the 64-bit version. Others probably will need to be updated. Best thing is to just keep 32-bit Skyrim til the mods you want are working on the new version.

People bitched about it being 32bit forever now 64bit is coming out now beth is getting alot of hate 

It doesn't get a lot of hate. There are 2 users here that troll the thread and because they get an attention they continue to do it. If everybody stops feeding the trolls they will go away.

There is also the benefit that SSE could bring to modders, especially people who are learning how to do things. If the CK for the SEE is as stable as the FO4 one that would remove more than 80% of the frustration because:

1. Instead of clicking tens of times on error popups all errors are nicely collected in a panel that you can easily ignore.

2. It starts and loads mods quite quickly

3. It doesn't crash randomly

Of course I'm speculating (hoping) that  the SSE CK will be s stable as the FO4 one. It would lower the barriers to entry for many people.

I've been hearing all about the obvious benefits about the special edition being 64-bit and such, and while i understand the benefits of having a native 64-bit program. What I'm not hearing is if the new version lacks all of the original game's memory mismanagement. For example if the game no longer needs sheson's memory patch built into skse because the special edition no longer allocates memory at load via 256mb blocks, and will never see a infinite load situation or any of the other memory quirks skyrim has.

Also i haven't heard anything about if the game's renderer now properly supports aspect ratios that are not 16:9. Such as Ultrawide resolutions which with the current version of skyrim needs a third party program to be fully playable. Mainly due to the GUI elements being placed beyond your visible view. This causes for example Racemenu to become unusable because you can't click on any of its tabs due to them being placed beyond the top and bottom of the screen, and your mouse can not reach them.