Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

For the next couple of weeks, I'd also keep a close eye on the original Skyrim folder if I were you.

Unchanged so far, but I haven't finished downloading (or rather, pre-loading, whateverthefuckthatmeans) yet.

They did say it was going to be a completely separate game, and install to a completely separate directory. I'm not too worried.

Still... not bad advice, I guess. :)

Never enough money i guess. If i was a game developer i would be proud of what the community has done with my canvas.

I am excited to play SE. I really don't want to be negative at this point but i sometimes wonder where PC gaming would be if it was not

crippled by the console market and perhaps a little greed. Everyone enjoy the game!

The conspiracy theory is that Bethesda will introduce an update where only mods from beth.net can be activated to pave the way for paid mods round 2. 

beth.net will also be there game distribution platform in future they are building its reputation slowly not that its ever going to work but bethesda don't like gaben after he pulled paid mods Off steam.

The conspiracy theory is that Bethesda will introduce an update where only mods from beth.net can be activated to pave the way for paid mods round 2. 

I doubt they'd do that, since they need to keep the PC community more or less fat and happy to pump out mods for the console community. The console market is their real bread and butter here, and it will be they who they hit up for either a subscription fee or use intrusive ads to make their money. They still get paid. Mods are still "free", as it were. Modders don't get a cut. Valve doesn't get a cut. And they control the experience on BethesdaNet, so no fuckery with AdBlocker. You WILL watch that Audi commercial while your download commences.

I'm sure there's ways around them trying to force BethesdaNet on the PC side of things, just as they tried to "discourage" mods early on in FO4 prior to the GECK's release. Damned dirty hackers, amirite Pete? There's a reason why Microsoft doesn't even try to charge for Xbox Live on the PC, but will suck a pint out of it's console users every month like clockwork.

What I could see them doing, however, is slipping in compatibility updates meant to "ease the transition" of converting mods to the new version - when really, it's just to break SKSE as often as possible, for as long as possible, on both Legendary and Special editions so as to "encourage" modders to make more simple mods that just so happen to be compatible with Xbox One.

PS4's mod situation must be killing them, if I'm fairly close to the truth, because being the most popular console out at the moment - that's a LOT of traffic missing that they can't claim is stressing their servers, thus necessitating the fees/ads for maintenance. 1GB of space sounds restrictive to a PS4 user, but the average .esp is only a few kb. With no external assets allowed - it's actually overkill. So I wouldn't be surprised if their little "not a reveal, reveal" on the Nintendo Switch wasn't a scramble to get even more people access to mods through BethesdaNet.

its most likely too early to ask this, but does anyone know if mods made for SE can be converted back to the old skyrim?

i fear that i will be left behind when people start to only make mods for SE.

Computer Specs:

MB: ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 Socket

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor 3.01GHz

Mem: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHZ 240PIN CL4-4-4-12 1.95v

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce gts 250 1GB

HD: ADATA SX900 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA 3 SandForce 2281 550MB/SEC Write and 530MB/SEC Read

I have similar concerns. My computer is a little better than yours. I'm in between the minimum and recommended specs for the special edition. It runs regular Skyrim quite well, but probably won't do as well with the remaster, and I won't be able to upgrade for quite some time.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks maybe this is part of the plan. Force everyone to move to the new version, which is now more intimately tied with Bethesdanet, to get everyone used to it, then bring back paid mods. Fragmenting the community might be part of it as well - create a schism between people who switch and people who don't, so they're too busy with infighting to care about anything else going on.

Anyone know if it would it be possible for someone to make a SSE mod that reverts the visuals back to those of old Skyrim, so everyone can use it?

its most likely too early to ask this, but does anyone know if mods made for SE can be converted back to the old skyrim?

i fear that i will be left behind when people start to only make mods for SE.

Computer Specs:

MB: ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 Socket

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor 3.01GHz

Mem: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHZ 240PIN CL4-4-4-12 1.95v

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce gts 250 1GB

HD: ADATA SX900 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA 3 SandForce 2281 550MB/SEC Write and 530MB/SEC Read

I have similar concerns. My computer is a little better than yours. I'm in between the minimum and recommended specs for the special edition. It runs regular Skyrim quite well, but probably won't do as well with the remaster, and I won't be able to upgrade for quite some time.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks maybe this is part of the plan. Force everyone to move to the new version, which is now more intimately tied with Bethesdanet, to get everyone used to it, then bring back paid mods. Fragmenting the community might be part of it as well - create a schism between people who switch and people who don't, so they're too busy with infighting to care about anything else going on.

Anyone know if it would it be possible for someone to make a SSE mod that reverts the visuals back to those of old Skyrim, so everyone can use it?

This will not happen, there are two different versions, once 32 bits and once 64 bits. Every new mod would have to be created twice, so double work for the modder!

I guess all the remaining modders will themselves after appear of SSE concentrate on this game.

If I am wrong, then sorry.  ;)

whats the hype with Skyrim "special edition"? It is special because what? Console peasants can finally enjoy bethesda version of enb?? LOL 

it is exactly the same game.

What is wrong with you!? It's SPECIAL!!! :lol:

A Skyrim S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Edition could be interesting though...:)