Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Looking at what is going on I'm quite happy that Bethesda is releasing SSE. It is without a doubt a good thing that they are saving the most popular single-player game and helping it to survive.

this isn't morrowind special edition...

some modifications were done to the engine for fallout 4

there isn't much to do to load skyrim with it

so they release a skyrim with fallout 4 engine

i bought the colonisation with new graphics, and settlers 2 anniversary

we can pay with the same game, if it's worth it

don't expect much difference between skyrim and that version

they only made that for $, like that paid mod thing

Just talkin' here...

64 bit up to now has mostly been a crock, a marketing tool.

[insert paragraph here about tons of memory you'll never need]

Errrm, access to more memory is probably THE best thing about SSE, so "useless" isn't really the word that comes to my mind in this context. It will finally allow us to use heavier load orders and running more heavily scripted mods at the same time without stuff crashing left and right.

I'm curious because i already modded the crap out of my game so i'm not sure if i would bother with buying it again if there is not much difference. What do you guys think?

You only need to 'buy' it if you don't have PC Skyrim plus all DLC.

Why Skyrim RM? Because Zenimax is a business and it will make them money. The free offer is to encourage PC gamers to convert old mods to the new version so they can be used for the PS4/XB1 console versions.

I'm a hardcore fan of TES games, but some of Zenimax's business practices are rather odious.

Looking at what is going on I'm quite happy that Bethesda is releasing SSE. It is without a doubt a good thing that they are saving the most popular single-player game and helping it to survive.

this isn't morrowind special edition...

some modifications were done to the engine for fallout 4

there isn't much to do to load skyrim with it

i bought the colonisation with new graphics, and settlers 2 anniversary

we can pay with the same game, if it's worth it

don't expect much difference between skyrim and that version

they only made that for $, like that paid mod thing

Not sure if you did read my post or not. The 32bit DivX9 games are slowly been killed-of. In several years it will be very hard or impossible to play them. Skyrim gets a chance to survive in a new 64bit DivX11 form. The fact that Morrowind or Oblivion don't get that change doesn't chane the fact that Skyrim does. 

"there isn't much to do to load skyrim with it

so they release a skyrim with fallout 4 engine"

Umm... I see... Very interesting ...

They said themselves they used Skyrim in order to port the engine before developing FO4. Never realized that porting a game from 32 to 64 bit is like taking the chicken from one pot and putting it in a bigger pot, now I know :-) 

"i bought the colonisation with new graphics, and settlers 2 anniversary

we can pay with the same game, if it's worth it"

I have no idea what this means.

Added

Anyway, my intention was not to get in a middle of a hate-war. Everyone is free to not want the SSE, it is a separate install after all. 

At the moment, not really. The only real plus side is that it will use 64 bit. However, I'm pretty sure PC users get it for free as long as they have the legendary edition or all the DLC, don't quote me on that though. I don't know if you watch Gopher, but he has a really good video talking about the points. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gMvvCwNyo

Honestly though, with the mods that exist right nown, Skyrim on PC will be superior to what the remastered version will have for a while after its release. Just stick with normal edition is my advice, at least until remastered one has been out for a bit.

Winny.  :rolleyes:

What do YOU know about Beth? Do you have a regular one-on-one with one of their key people? Do you know, for example, that they are probably working in a brand new engine? What's the status?

The only thing I notice what YOU might have learned in 5 years is to overcome any embarrassment threshold for spamming threads with Pidgin-English. For me it only shows the extreme patience of native English speakers. But when you mix your spam with word-by-word translations of German idioms (like "peace, joy, Eggscakes!" or " look stupid from the laundry") then I can't hold back. Do you really think anyone does understand? Except for poor fellow Germans like me who feel embarrassed for being a German every time they stumble over your posts.

Sorry wegen meinem Englisch, ich habe es eben nicht gelernt, aber wenn ich so die ganzen seiten verfolge, dann bin ich erstaunt, daß sehr viele ihre eigene Muttersprache nicht beherrschen (englisch)!

so viele Rechtschreibfehler daß der Google Übersetzer in die Hände klatscht.

aber wenn es DIR lieber ist, dann eben auf Deutsch.

wie viele Elder Scroll Spiele hast du gespielt? wie viele dieser Spiele funktionierten Fehlerfrei?

glaub mir ich bin über Bethesda im Bilde, ich habe den ganzen tag zeit um mich schlau zu machen, desweiteren habe ich ein paar beziehungen, aber darauf werde ich nicht weiter eingehen.

ich werde auf keinen fall über Bethesda jubeln.  :P

Just talkin' here...

Errrm, access to more memory is probably THE best thing about SSE, so "useless" isn't really the word that comes to my mind in this context. It will finally allow us to use heavier load orders and running more heavily scripted mods at the same time without stuff crashing left and right.

Object IDs are still on 32 bits, with 3 bytes for the actual object identifier and one byte for the mod.

Same as FO4, so max 254 mods (including DLCs.) 

there isn't much to do to load skyrim with itsome modifications were done to the engine for fallout 4

Is this your assumption, or fact? I think it is one of the great myths that SSE has a FO4 engine.

Skyrim has a rather crooked interface file to behaviors. An interface that doesn't seem to exist in FO4. Exactly the IDENTICAL interface files exist in SSE. For me there is only one explanation: the SSE engine is nothing but a 64bit compilation of the old Skyrim one.

there isn't much to do to load skyrim with itsome modifications were done to the engine for fallout 4

Is this your assumption, or fact? I think it is one of the great myths that SSE has a FO4 engine.

Skyrim has a rather crooked interface file to behaviors. An interface that doesn't seem to exist in FO4. Exactly the IDENTICAL interface files exist in SSE. For me there is only one explanation: the SSE engine is nothing but a 64bit compilation of the old Skyrim one.

Does that mean Fnis can be used with the SSE without modifications? My biggest concern with the SSE was always Fnis because I could find no information if the animation system changed at all.

SKSE team announced relatively early that they will make an SSE port but without custom animations the SSE would be pretty much useless for most modders on this site.

And this brings us to the question that everybody wants to know the answer to - about the animations in SSE.

I guess by now it is more or less clear. Are we going to need FNIS for SE? If yes - will the current FNIS app work for it? And will the current available animations be able to be used? Or is there some NDA in place and we'll need to wait 4 more days before we can know? 

Sorry, I didn't mean to ambush you, but I do believe everybody is waiting to hear those things. 

And this brings us to the question that everybody wants to know the answer to - about the animations in SSE.

I guess by now it is more or less clear. Are we going to need FNIS for SE? f yes - will the current FNIS app work for it? And will the current available animations be able to be used? 

ousnius and I have answered most of it before in this thread. Before it got spammed. It looks promising, but for sure we will not know before the 28th plus a week or so. I'm not part of the beta myself.

Beth apparently has left the whole behavior stuff as is, except for converting to Havok 64bit. Fortunately hkxcmd already is able to convert TO 64bit. Unfortunately hkxcmd id NOT able to convert FROM 64bit.

SSE seems to work with with standard behaviors converted with hkxcmd from Skyrim to 64bit. Length for all behaviors is the same, but they always differ in a few bytes. Unfortunately (because hkxcmd doesn't provide xml from 64bit hkx) I cannot compare xml 32 and 64. And how my custom behaviors work we will have to see as well.

Animations can be converted with a tool that is provided as part of the new CK.

btw I plan to make a combined FNIS 7.0 release (XXL included) which can both 32 and 64.

Not sure if you did read my post or not. The 32bit DivX9 games are slowly been killed-of. In several years it will be very hard or impossible to play them.

this have nothing to do with the release of that special edition, and won't be a problem before a long time

you can play games as old as colonisation with dosbox

you can play less older games by emulatings win98

and you will be able to play skyrim in 5-15 years on whatever you wil be using the same way

I was just wondering. I kinda got my current build of Skyrim where I want it and would like to mod legendary and play it as a separate game.

Also, are there any plans for the loverslab admins to create a seperate Skyrim Legendary topic for the forums?

Just talkin' here...

Errm is right, I had to gloss a bookload of info to know what you were referring to.

mmx, sse, sse2 sse3 sse4 all seemed to have a problem with memory alignment, making them slower until the update came out.

biggie registers were added, Intel pulled out a vorpal sword to gnash against AMD....

They never said anything about More memory, they just said the thing doesn't care anymore about non-aligned memory

(for vector and DSP, whatever they are).

The biggie registers are nice too (they said).

Crock!!

They're using directx 9 now, let's say the new version goes up to directx 11 (or so).

Nice, but that means a biggie videocard+Videocard processor.

(I think, what do I know)

post-392535-0-80469600-1477363927_thumb.jpg

Just talkin' here...

Object IDs are still on 32 bits, with 3 bytes for the actual object identifier and one byte for the mod.

Same as FO4, so max 254 mods (including DLCs.) 

That's true, but not quite what I meant. Right now, it's quite easy to get Skyrim to belch stack overflows just by installing a handful of really script heavy mods. Achieving the same feat will be a tad harder with more memory available. ;)

That's true, but not quite what I meant. Right now, it's quite easy to get Skyrim to belch stack overflows just by installing a handful of really script heavy mods. Achieving the same feat will be a tad harder with more memory available. ;)

Agreed. But partially.

For example, the Papyrus VM looks it is still running with a big limit on 4GB (tested only on FO4, not on SSE.)

The string limit on saves looks unchanged from Skyrim (but it is just a reverse engineering look to the save files), so max 64K variables saved.

Now, these tests were on Fallout 4. And I will bet whatever you want for them to be the same on SSE.

Agreed. But partially.

For example, the Papyrus VM looks it is still running with a big limit on 4GB (tested only on FO4, not on SSE.)

The string limit on saves looks unchanged from Skyrim (but it is just a reverse engineering look to the save files), so max 64K variables saved.

Now, these tests were on Fallout 4. And I will bet whatever you want for them to be the same on SSE.

I was told by flexcreator that the latest version of FO4 now supports 32 bit string indices in savegames. That suggests that the change may be coming to Skyrim SE as well.