Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

@Uno - OH thanks for reminding me.  I should do a custom race test as well.  As for race menu it works, but without all the skse functionality added.  Meaning, it visually looks like race menu, but its basically the vanilla race sliders.  All I had to do was extract all of the bsa files and put them in the proper places as loose files.

Yup, I got not only a custom race to work, but partially got ECE to work as well.  Sadly you can't really shape the head with the custom sliders or load slot saves.  Though the ygnord is using the custom head mesh.  Also you'll notice my last shot has the ygnord race with sg hair.

Here's a shot of the ygnord race in the ece menu:

post-4075-0-58505600-1477730768_thumb.png

post-4075-0-75881600-1477730793_thumb.png

post-4075-0-00262900-1477731297_thumb.png

post-4075-0-69751400-1477731313_thumb.png

post-4075-0-02094700-1477731329_thumb.png

Does anyone know if the ENB works? If not do you know if boris is planning on developing it?

there has been varied reports on using Fallout 4 ENBs.... as for an SSE ENB by Boris... Last word from his was that if there is enough interest he -may- do it.

And @SamTT for TES5Edit... there is a compatible version of xEdit released a few days ago, I believe the USKP peeps were using it... Not sure if its public release yet though

Thanks alot for the hint with TES5Edit. Still have to find it then.

Last I tested TES5Edit 3.1.3-25859-3-1-3. That one came up with errors.

PS: About ENB - There where some reports out on google that RealVision ENB works as well. But as far the article descripted this it was tested with SE Beta. Final SE version could have changed things.

My opinion is that ENB tweaks are not needed in SE so far. It looks awesome out of the box already.

Does anyone know if the ENB works? If not do you know if boris is planning on developing it?

there has been varied reports on using Fallout 4 ENBs.... as for an SSE ENB by Boris... Last word from his was that if there is enough interest he -may- do it.

And @SamTT for TES5Edit... there is a compatible version of xEdit released a few days ago, I believe the USKP peeps were using it... Not sure if its public release yet though

PS: About ENB - There where some reports out on google that RealVision ENB works as well. But as far the article descripted this it was tested with SE Beta. Final SE version could have changed things.

My opinion is that ENB tweaks are not needed in SE so far. It looks awesome out of the box already.

Precisely... perhaps Reshade to get a certain pallette color... but SSE basically does what ENB's did for me... and with less performance hit.

@SamTT - I'm just using the latest xedit, haven't had any issues with the esm's or esp's I've been modifying.  

The first thing I want is SkyUI.   That, above everything else, is the most important thing to me.

Since SSE is 64bit, it runs so beautifully.   I already have CBBE loaded, Live another Life, VioLens, Pride of Valhalla Textures for CBBE and Campfire - Complete Camping System.  They all work great (except the animations and backpack stuff, not withstanding) and there has been no issues that I have noticed with those mods so far.

SKSE will come, just takes time and then everyone can begin hammering away at mods again.   I don't think it will take anywhere near as much time to get "SKSE-SE" (my name given to SKSE for Special Edition) as F4SE is taking with Fallout 4.

*shrug*

I am just happy to have a 64bit Skyrim.

So you just dropped down CBBE & Violens  as is from the Skyrim edition then? Wanted to know we just got started on ours and one thing we wanted to start adding was a nice body structure and skins. Thank you. 

For the CBBE, yes, I just loaded the original 3.4f version from Skyrim into NMM for SSE and it worked great.  VioLens actually has a new version for SSE.  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/668/?

I also just downloaded iNeeds, Ordinator and Wet and Cold.  Going to try those out.  Now... about 5000 bandits?  Meh... its a good test, but unrealistic in how the game is designed.  At what point would I need to have 5000 npcs fighting and drowning in blood?   Unless it's a really bad 'gang-bang' nightmare....

SKSE64 has been officially announced. Let's see how long it'll take them to get things up and running.

So maybe I'm not understanding that article but there was one part that stuck out to me:

"The effort will be on par (or greater than) the effort to get F4SE up and running."

I looked it up and Fallout 4 was released at the first of November last year.  The F4SE was released 3 weeks later.  Am I misunderstanding what they mean? Did they mean to say that even when F4SE was released that it wasn't running properly and they actually meant to say once it was completely stabled and running smoothly which would have been much longer than 3 weeks?

If I'm not misunderstanding that, then waiting a month or so for the script extender for Special Edition is not that long of a wait considering a lot of people on here are acting like it could be later next year.

SKSE64 has been officially announced. Let's see how long it'll take them to get things up and running.

So maybe I'm not understanding that article but there was one part that stuck out to me:

"The effort will be on par (or greater than) the effort to get F4SE up and running."

I looked it up and Fallout 4 was released at the first of November last year.  The F4SE was released 3 weeks later.  Am I misunderstanding what they mean? Did they mean to say that even when F4SE was released that it wasn't running properly and they actually meant to say once it was completely stabled and running smoothly which would have been much longer than 3 weeks?

If I'm not misunderstanding that, then waiting a month or so for the script extender for Special Edition is not that long of a wait considering a lot of people on here are acting like it could be later next year.

F4SE right now is a stub. Finding all the hooks takes time, finding the object classes takes time.

The same will apply to SKSE64.

General rule of thumb..

EXPECT HARDLY ANY MODS TO WORK.

Especially if they use SKSE, Animations, Textures, Meshes, Scripts, etc.

At least that's what I am going with.   That way if a mod doesn't work I won't be surprised.

Have to say, when I posted that, I was not kidding.

I was not expecting most mods to work.

I wasn't really too far off.  SKSE doesn't work, Animations don't work...and others don't work without some tweaking.

I was not correct on the rest, which I am glad.  At least SOME things are usable, and we can hit the ground running on the SE.

General rule of thumb..

EXPECT HARDLY ANY MODS TO WORK.

Especially if they use SKSE, Animations, Textures, Meshes, Scripts, etc.

At least that's what I am going with.   That way if a mod doesn't work I won't be surprised.

Have to say, when I posted that, I was not kidding.

I was not expecting most mods to work.

I wasn't really too far off.  SKSE doesn't work, Animations don't work...and others don't work without some tweaking.

I was not correct on the rest, which I am glad.  At least SOME things are usable, and we can hit the ground running on the SE.

I haven't really tried skyrim se with mods so Textures, Meshes, Scripts, work? I mean unless the scripts are dependent on SKSE.

I haven't really tried skyrim se with mods so Textures, Meshes, Scripts, work? I mean unless the scripts are dependent on SKSE.

Most textures should work and cfs111 is making a list of those.

[Community] Skyrim Legacy texture mods that work in Skyrim Special Edition

http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265526374742044/

Meshes won't work properly. They need to be reworked.

Old scripts work and won't work. Some mod authors are releasing unconverted ESP files in Nexus, saying that their mods work great. Nazenn - Dangerous mods list author - is warning about that though, saying that it may not be safe, even if mods would seem to work correctly. Ilja also suspected that old ESP files may harm the save in the long run, even if those mods would seem to work out of the box.

Of course they are just suspecting, which they also admitted. No one really has enough information to say Loose or Use right now.

Personally I would rather not risk old ESPs and scripts, until they are being properly ran and saved through Creation Kit. They may work, or they may cause a mess later on.

SKSE64 development launch was announced less than 24 hours ago. Now we can only wait for CK to come out (hopefully) next week and SKSE64 team to finish their first version - which will likely take some time.

mean unless the scripts are dependent on SKSE.

Most textures should work and cfs111 is making a list of those.

[Community] Skyrim Legacy texture mods that work in Skyrim Special Edition

http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265526374742044/

Meshes won't work properly. They need to be reworked.

Old scripts work and won't work. Some mod authors are releasing unconverted ESP files in Nexus, saying that their mods work great. Nazenn - Dangerous mods list author - is warning about that though, saying that it may not be safe, even if mods would seem to work correctly. Ilja also suspected that old ESP files may harm the save in the long run, even if those mods would seem to work out of the box.

Of course they are just suspecting, which they also admitted. No one really has enough information to say Loose or Use right now.

Personally I would rather not risk old ESPs and scripts, until they are being properly ran and saved through Creation Kit. They may work, or they may cause a mess later on.

SKSE64 development launch was announced less than 24 hours ago. Now we can only wait for CK to come out (hopefully) next week and SKSE64 team to finish their first version - which will likely take some time.

Thanks for the info, seems there is alot of work todo and to be honest it seems like it would be much easier to find texture mods that don't work compared to the ones that do xD

yeah i think i am going to play the waiting game see how it pans out in the meantime i have no problem running regular skyrim.