Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

I've been hearing all about the obvious benefits about the special edition being 64-bit and such, and while i understand the benefits of having a native 64-bit program. What I'm not hearing is if the new version lacks all of the original game's memory mismanagement. For example if the game no longer needs sheson's memory patch built into skse because the special edition no longer allocates memory at load via 256mb blocks, and will never see a infinite load situation or any of the other memory quirks skyrim has.

Also i haven't heard anything about if the game's renderer now properly supports aspect ratios that are not 16:9. Such as Ultrawide resolutions which with the current version of skyrim needs a third party program to be fully playable. Mainly due to the GUI elements being placed beyond your visible view. This causes for example Racemenu to become unusable because you can't click on any of its tabs due to them being placed beyond the top and bottom of the screen, and your mouse can not reach them.

Chances are, since most 64 bit run programs are only limited by the amount of vram your can put out, it shouldn't have an issue regarding infinite loading crashes when it attempts to allocate more memory as it won't be locked at 4gb of memory.

Also, regarding the render-er, Not overly sure on that, but it's out tomorrow so just wait and see I suppose.

I'm not really interested on the remaster eye-candy wise because for now our Skyrim is beyond better than that. Whats interesteing to me is that will running on 64bit improve its performance? Like FPS, multiple cpu cores, better SLI/CFX scaling, ram and vram support and utilisation? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I haven't really seen any of those questions answered then again I only saw demos not performance metrics.

I'm not really interested on the remaster eye-candy wise because for now our Skyrim is beyond better than that. Whats interesteing to me is that will running on 64bit improve its performance? Like FPS, multiple cpu cores, better SLI/CFX scaling, ram and vram support and utilisation? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I haven't really seen any of those questions answered then again I only saw demos not performance metrics.

It improved, but only for those, the one possess powerful computer!

all the, the already with the old Skyrim graphic restrictions had, will with SSE stand even worse.

On some old systems it will no longer work.  ;)

Native DX11 should be easier on the system than DX9 with ENB hacks to layer in DX11 effects.  However, SSE has volumetric god-rays which ENB cannot do.  God-rays is very taxing on GPU and will eat into FPS but it is one of the biggest selling points for SSE.

Stuff like SLI/CFX probably has nothing to do with 64bit.  DX12 supposedly helps but SSE is DX11.

I think CPU said SSE's script engine is more efficient, by just a bit.

My affirmation was for the papyrus engine of FO4, and I think SSE engine will be based on FO4 one.

Also if I had the beta of SSE I tried it for less than 2 hours total.

CK was not starting.

And yesterday I had the pre-load, and now the game is not active for me.

Native DX11 should be easier on the system than DX9 with ENB hacks to layer in DX11 effects.  However, SSE has volumetric god-rays which ENB cannot do.  God-rays is very taxing on GPU and will eat into FPS but it is one of the biggest selling points for SSE.

Stuff like SLI/CFX probably has nothing to do with 64bit.  DX12 supposedly helps but SSE is DX11.

These are the minimum requirements for the PC!  ;)

As a minimum system, the studio calls a Core i5-750 or Phenom II X4 945 with 8 GB of memory and a Geforce GTX 470 or Radeon HD 7870 - 1 GB of video should be enough. Bethesda recommends a Core i5-2400 or FX-8320 with 8 GB of RAM and a Geforce GTX 780 or Radeon R9 290 - this requires 3 or 4 GB of video memory. In both cases, the game, including all three available DLCs and the upgraded optics, occupies around 12 GB on the hard drive, an SSD is recommended.

http://www.golem.de/news/rollenspiel-skyrim-special-edition-benoetigt-deutlich-schnellere-hardware-1610-123760.html

Well that confirms what I thought was gonna happen. Skyrim SE is a separate game :D Means a different workshop and I will be surprised if existing mods work with it.

attachicon.gifskyrim se.jpg

Yep mods will need to be made compatible. There's a few on Nexus already thanks to Arthmoor having beta access. So you can get the unofficial patch, alternate start, and more right now.

Why can't 8pm Eastern get here sooner?! >.<

Well that confirms what I thought was gonna happen. Skyrim SE is a separate game :D Means a different workshop and I will be surprised if existing mods work with it.

Yep mods will need to be made compatible. There's a few on Nexus already thanks to Arthmoor having beta access. So you can get the unofficial patch, alternate start, and more right now.

oh and for the record folks. Skyrim SE will be like Fallout 4. Install mods and it will lock achievements. Even though I never that issue with Fallout 4 locking achievements when modding.

oh and for the record folks. Skyrim SE will be like Fallout 4. Install mods and it will lock achievements. Even though I never that issue with Fallout 4 locking achievements when modding.

What's the point of lock achievements when using mods? Cheating?

Only think I can think of. To stop you from using a mod to get all the achievements in one go. Even though the console can do that for you. The console won't stop you from getting achievements though it seems.

It's just another way of Bethesda and Valve to stick it to the community. Even though the community is going to have to fix the crap they have not fixed properly. Because lets face it, Bethesda doesn't like bug fixing.

Was wondering since this is 64 bit does that mean that skyrim will now also use more core like fallout 4 can ??

Probably yes.

Yes, it is a remake using Fallout 4's game engine. We are getting a new Creation Kit as well most likely. Though Bethesda only added extra graphics content and then put this at the end

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim Special Edition brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail. The Special Edition includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, screen-space reflections, and more. Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of mods to the PC and Xbox One. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.

Achievements is a limit......

Even mods that improve game experience and bug fix? I mean, using Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch and for that we wont unlock achievements is really stupid.  

I agree. I just found out that achievements will be locked if your game has mods. I don't like that at all. Lol, hopefully, someone will make a mod that corrects this unfortunate turn of events

if i understand correctly its like fallout 4? you have to convert your mods using the new creation kit downloaded direct from bethesda, which you have to sign up to a restrictive tos that basically bans you from creating the kinds of mods this place is basically for, i.e. sex and bestiality and better bodies, nudity, etc. apart from that tos modders need to agree to to get the new ck, the new ck also forces upload to bethesdas site that you have to register to, so they can decide to not approve or remove your mod anyways even if you ignore the tos. and since mods wont work unless you can upload them, since you HAVE to activate them on bethesdas own in game mod menu, its pointless to try using the new ck to convert the mods here since bethesda dont want them. probably due to the consoles, even if you dont upload the mods for consoles. oh and to start edging to a paid for mods system which they will take 95% of the money and give 5% to modder of course in future games.

did i summarise that correctly? thats how i think it works, and is intended to do, from what i have read so far. and may be why bethesda left the old skyrim alone and didnt try a sneaky update to force its own mod upload and in game mod menu on old skyrim. leave sex modders the old game but wipe out sex from the new ones from now on.

if i understand correctly its like fallout 4? you have to convert your mods using the new creation kit downloaded direct from bethesda, which you have to sign up to a restrictive tos that basically bans you from creating the kinds of mods this place is basically for, i.e. sex and bestiality and better bodies, nudity, etc. apart from that tos modders need to agree to to get the new ck, the new ck also forces upload to bethesdas site that you have to register to, so they can decide to not approve or remove your mod anyways even if you ignore the tos. and since mods wont work unless you can upload them, since you HAVE to activate them on bethesdas own in game mod menu, its pointless to try using the new ck to convert the mods here since bethesda dont want them. probably due to the consoles, even if you dont upload the mods for consoles. oh and to start edging to a paid for mods system which they will take 95% of the money and give 5% to modder of course in future games.

did i summarise that correctly? thats how i think it works, and is intended to do, from what i have read so far. and may be why bethesda left the old skyrim alone and didnt try a sneaky update to force its own mod upload and in game mod menu on old skyrim. leave sex modders the old game but wipe out sex from the new ones from now on.

They have a section here for adult fallout 4 mods. You can add mods to your game using a mod manager like nmm or mod organizer

Only think I can think of. To stop you from using a mod to get all the achievements in one go. Even though the console can do that for you. The console won't stop you from getting achievements though it seems.

It's just another way of Bethesda and Valve to stick it to the community. Even though the community is going to have to fix the crap they have not fixed properly. Because lets face it, Bethesda doesn't like bug fixing.

Was wondering since this is 64 bit does that mean that skyrim will now also use more core like fallout 4 can ??

Probably yes.

Yes, it is a remake using Fallout 4's game engine. We are getting a new Creation Kit as well most likely. Though Bethesda only added extra graphics content and then put this at the end

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim Special Edition brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail. The Special Edition includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, screen-space reflections, and more. Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of mods to the PC and Xbox One. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.

Achievements is a limit......

Considering You claim that this is a remake of Skyrim on Fallout 4's engine.... which, by the way, it certainly is not.... I will wait and see how mods effect achievements. If I remember Fallout 4... they made a mod to re-allow achieves... I think.

However, yeah... this isn't skyrim on Fallout 4s engine.

It's like fallout 4, but last time I check, you only need to download CK from them, after that it's done, you do whatever you want with CK.

You don't need to upload your mods to them if you only make for PC, not consoles, on console Bethesda will filter out the sex/nude mod, but that just for console tos, they don't really care, in fallout 4, someone sneaky upload nude mods a few times to console, took them days to react.

So plz stop these craps. 

I think that's just true if you want to make mods for consoles.

You have to sign the Skyrim CK ToS of course, but - if it's anything like FO4 CK ToS - it doesn't forbid you to create the kind of mods we have here. You just can't share them on Bethesda's site.

(For the record, I'm not even sure if a mention about what you use the software to create is legally binding - I remember an article about the JSON license that says to "not use it for evil", and that it wouldn't be valid anywhere.)

About the whole in-game menu thing, I don't see how the new mechanism will forbid the old way to install mods (using NMM or MO) seeing how it still is based on .bsa/.esp/.esm files so for PCs we don't have to use the in-game menu - just like in Fallout. Even if they decide to block mods that don't come from their menu, then the community or at worse the SKSSE will unlock it for sure anyways.

You also have to understand that they have to protect themselves as much as possible. What happens if tomorrow a 14yo boy installs CBBE on his XBox ? Do you think his parents will say "oh, of course that's a mod and we'll monitor our child's download" or rather "this game is evil, I'm going to sue Zenimax" ? Welp, Bethesda and Zenimax have to put everything they can on their side to not lose the lawsuit, and putting hard restrictions that they won't enforce in their ToS is a good way to do it.

Finally, don't sweat too much about the EULA/ToS things. People or companies tend to put all kinds of things in them and in most countries half of them are invalid anyways (I already found an anti-RE clause in the french ToS for Skyrim:SE which is totally non-binding in France :P Good thing they have a partial validity clause). As a rule of the thumb, if it's written in the EULA and it sounds like bullshit, then they (unofficially) won't ever enforce the clause.

Considering You claim that this is a remake of Skyrim on Fallout 4's engine.... which, by the way, it certainly is not.... I will wait and see how mods effect achievements. If I remember Fallout 4... they made a mod to re-allow achieves... I think.

However, yeah... this isn't skyrim on Fallout 4s engine.

Skyrim (2011) uses the Creation Engine, Fallout 4 uses a modified Creation Engine. Skyrim (2016) uses the modified Creation Engine.

So therefor Skyrim (2016) uses the Fallout 4 engine.

Bethesda clearly said this as it would allow for better mod support on consoles. Because Fallout 4 was the first game to be able to do it. The whole point of this remastered version was to push out Beth.net and get console modding started.