Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

No, not all of them. The mods here are not different from other mods.

Just maybe more adult. And can allow for stuff that Nexus doesn't like, thus they are here. Nothing more.

As for what mods work: GOOGLE!

(Yes, I am a bit annoyed. Because this is a thing everyone could google because the questions have asked many times, thus answered many times.

Don't take it as a offense, but when I read the same questions again and again on reddit... Sorry)

Hi, I'm a bit, tech-unsavvy. I am curious if you or someone else might be able to explain this in practical terms. What sort of pros and cons. How does this effect mods. If it is at all possible, could you explain in layman's terms what this means? Sorry for being kind of dumb.

Put in simple words:

1) I have the beta copy of SSE but I am not able to run CK for it. So no real tests here.

2) My hypothesis is that the SSE engine will be really similar to FO4 engine

3) I did a bunch of heavy load tests on FO4 Papyrus.

(tech stuff here)

3.1) Created a script with 100,000 variables, put in game, saved, loaded, checked if the values were there. Not all of them was there.

3.2) Tried to allocate an enormous amount of objects in scripts (big arrays, and huge strings) Had the same breaks Skyrim had.

(end of tech stuff)

Snip

Very interesting, and thank you. You opened the door to answering my question, so I have another if it isn't too much bother.

Skyrim is like an old lady sometimes, trying to cross the road, propelled only by noxious farts (Skyrim takes a dump on heavily scripted mods, or too many background, always running processes)

Would I be correct in me taking your observation as meaning that the 64 bit engine will be of no benefit when it comes to taxing scripts, like Wet and Cold or Frostfall, NPC seeding in loverslab, SOS full version, etc. ?

Scripts are processed by the CPU correct, Does the 64 bit have multi core understanding.

Any info is welcome, and thank you.

Sorry, but now we just go in speculation mode.

The Papyrus VM of FO4 is slightly better than the one in Skyrim. Just a little bit better.

There is an option (was also in Skyrim) to "allow multi core" for Papyrus. But all tests I did for Skyrim didn't produce any improvement.

64bits and multi-threading are completely unrelated topics. One does not impact the other.

I was told by flexcreator that the latest version of FO4 now supports 32 bit string indices in savegames. That suggests that the change may be coming to Skyrim SE as well.

I did my tests months ago. Only Automatron DLC was out at this point in time.

I hope the problem is solved now.

there isn't much to do to load skyrim with itsome modifications were done to the engine for fallout 4

so they release a skyrim with fallout 4 engine

Is this your assumption, or fact? I think it is one of the great myths that SSE has a FO4 engine.

Skyrim has a rather crooked interface file to behaviors. An interface that doesn't seem to exist in FO4. Exactly the IDENTICAL interface files exist in SSE. For me there is only one explanation: the SSE engine is nothing but a 64bit compilation of the old Skyrim one.

Well, looking at the beta files, it does seem to me that Bethesda just updated the DX libraries to DX11. Everything else is the same to some degree with the exception with the exe. That's the only thing I can note here.

I just want to know if there will be a seperate section for Skyrim Special Edition. Having everything in the normal Skyrim section would be confusing as fck.

On both the Nexus and LL there will be.

Confirmed.

LL will have a special section for it. Just wait a little.

its most likely too early to ask this, but does anyone know if mods made for SE can be converted back to the old skyrim?

i fear that i will be left behind when people start to only make mods for SE.

Computer Specs:

MB: ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 Socket
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor 3.01GHz
Mem: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHZ 240PIN CL4-4-4-12 1.95v
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce gts 250 1GB
HD: ADATA SX900 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA 3 SandForce 2281 550MB/SEC Write and 530MB/SEC Read

Just an FYI, Skyrim SE can be pre-downloaded on Steam now.

o.O It can? How? If I might ask.

Looking at my Steam, its not in my library, and the only option I have on the Skyrim SE store page is to buy the bundle (which is greyed out cause I have all the necessary things) or to add it to my wish list.

Looking at my Steam, its not in my library, and the only option I have on the Skyrim SE store page is to buy the bundle (which is greyed out cause I have all the necessary things) or to add it to my wish list.

I just checked - a new option should be in your library. No idea when this happened (sometime before 9:17 yesterday, obviously, but...) ;)

post-462261-0-88846900-1477455419_thumb.jpg

its most likely too early to ask this, but does anyone know if mods made for SE can be converted back to the old skyrim?

i fear that i will be left behind when people start to only make mods for SE.

Computer Specs:

MB: ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 Socket

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor 3.01GHz

Mem: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHZ 240PIN CL4-4-4-12 1.95v

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce gts 250 1GB

HD: ADATA SX900 2.5" 512GB SSD SATA 3 SandForce 2281 550MB/SEC Write and 530MB/SEC Read

there is no backward game compatibility with SSE mods so mods originally made with newer CK will not work with old 2011 skyrim.

Same here.  Maybe they're rolling out in stages over the next couple of days.  Mine says it will be available in 1 day and 19 hours.

Same here.  Maybe they're rolling out in stages over the next couple of days.  Mine says it will be available in 1 day and 19 hours.

thats same for everyone find the game in your library.

What kind of CK will there be for SE? Will they convert all the textures to intel texture works plugin types? I guess they could just batch convert those things but will they have the high res texture addon or will they be hi res by default? Then you have all the DLCs to go through too. Will they support dismemberment like in fallout 4 or only decapitation? I am asking because it would mean changing all nifs over to their weirdo fallout4 nif types from old dusty skyrim nif type.

I'm doing so now, but I noticed something. Skyrim Special Edition is only about 12 gig in install size, which is only slightly larger than just vanilla 2012 Skyrim + HD Pack + expansions. But on the PS4, I saw someone post a screenshot of their pre-loading download in progress, and it required 46 gig for the install size. The Xbox One's is (iirc) just over 20 gig.

What... justification is there for these bloated install sizes? Just uncompressed audio for every language region? A slight of hand to fool console users into thinking they're getting more than just the 2012 PC release with the graphical options maxed out and few new shaders/lighting effects? I mean, it doesn't affect me in the slightest, but when you've only got a 500GB ~ 1TB HDD out of the box... space matters.