Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Someone said somewhere that UTC time to run the game is around twenty minutes from now, and one of the first thing I want to try is the numbers for stuff.

"13135" is a demo-quest sword they never ever used, ever (except in my batch file).

a super-old mod I use only changes clothes.

A batch file I made up only adds perks and spells.

so....

if they left the sword in,

if the numbers for the perks and spells work,

if a single mod ("alternate start") work eventually, it'll make my game all happy and stuff.

And if I eventually need less mods that need mods (that require other mods, and their sister-mods),

uhm, 15 minutes to go.

Just startet and found the first problem:

It was impossible to set a resolution for the windowless fullscreen mode with the options.

The workaround is setting it in the SkyrimPrefs.ini. 

The needed options are (for those who aren't familiar with these files):

You find the file in <...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition>

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=[desired height]
iSize W=[desired width]

Well I wasn't expecting it but it still can't run over 60fps without the swimming on land bug/carriages going crazy lol.

Unfortunately, the Havok system is still tied to the frames which is annoying but then again, it has been done with other games due to ease.

Did some reverse engineering for SSE. Results:

Code matching SSE -> FO4: 53%

Code matching SSE -> Skyrim Original 4.91%

Code matching Skyrim ORIG -> FO4: around 3%.

BSA archives are not BSA, they are similar to BA2 archives but not exactly the same.

ESMs have the same format of FO4 (TES5, Skyrim ORIG was TES4)

ESMs can be open with FOEdit, or the new SSEEdit.

Well I wasn't expecting it but it still can't run over 60fps without the swimming on land bug/carriages going crazy lol.

Unfortunately, the Havok system is still tied to the frames which is annoying but then again, it has been done with other games due to ease.

Yeah, also I am actually surprised how well the new shaders etc look and I am kinda impressed until I get a look at my characters ugly face  :(

Couple of screenshots. Just vanilla + LAL in both games.

SSE (full screen)

post-333596-0-39776400-1477617005_thumb.png

Skyrim ORIG (Windowed)

post-333596-0-46860200-1477617011_thumb.png

Both just outside Bannered Mare.

Any sign of the Creation Kit? I don't see it in Steam.

It will be released next week.

So. Just launched Skyrim SE... Auto set to low. Max FPS 35... My poor laptop turns into a nice air warmer XD

I'll stick to the standard edition for now. Thank you. (Unless I need to heat up my room)

My geforce 730 sympathizes.

It's a very pretty slideshow with nice lighting effects if I try to crank up the settings.

On low, it's not that different from Skyrim classic with 2k texture mods.

Though the extra grass is a nice touch.

Oh, and Alduin's fire effects tank my FPS even on low.

Nice running on the 64bit engine, nice and smooth to be able to load up a fully loaded cell without the dreaded CTD. My character looks pug ugly and the kids still look the same...all in all smooth gameplay, nice god rays, graphics decent. Like many not expecting a lot for a free upgrade but got quite a bit. Now let's see what the fantastic modders can do. Over to you boys and girls of the modding community. Would have been nice to have a slightly different intro but gonna put this game on hold and go back to my original Skyrim till the modders have done there stuff.

Very odd experience to see vanilla skyrim (god damn its so ugly), running absolutly smooth on an old i5 750 with a gtx 1080. One positive the water looks very nice. Hope we get a mod manager soonish, i have seen a Wrye Bash SSE released and the updated (TES5Edit) SSEdit.

It has steam cloud save storage, for Skyrim i get 200 MB for SSE i get 938 MB, not that it matters as my current skyrim playthrough has uncompressed 17 GB of save data and that is just one playthrough half way (i keep all save, i never use them - strange habit).

alt tabbing in skyrim is never good idea, even with windowed.

crossposting the mehness:

The AA is a complete clusterfuck and shadows are a better mess but still banded all to hell after anything over 3000 away, but under 3000 there's pretty zero pixelation if you set your quartering to three and dithering to four. AO also covers up any banding on shadows close to you.

The volumetric lighting and weather is pretty much bulk ace, and you can still set vegetation to receive shadows.

options

They actually removed a shitton of argonian and khajiit choices. You pretty much get a color, one or two or if you're really luck and pray to akatosh three 'hair' or 'a thing here' options and your tint color choices are pretty much "black", red or white.

wow.

rY0E4.png

o hai

rY0Qv.png

volumetric occlusion

rY0UW.png

rY0Y3.png

Anyone know if unlocking the frames above 60 breaks the game like in 2011 Skyrim and Fallout 4? The most likely answer is yes but you never know for sure.

yes

water

P much looks exactly like realistic water 2 with less tinting.

draw distance

is further, but you're still 5 ugrids, probably for ai reasons as opposed to rendering ones.

Well. It seems a lot more stable then 32bit skyrim. 

Basically what I did was the following:

skyrim.ini

uExterior Cell Buffer=400

uGridsToLoad=19 
iPreloadSizeLimit=220150628352

Then I installed the open cities mod. And yes, you can see people walk with torches in Whiterun while standing on High Hrothgar (or however you spell it) when you mess a bit with the FOV.

Weird thing though: getting 20 fps but my GPU is just doing fuck all at 20% power. CPU does 60%. Oh well.

post-415877-0-49067500-1477619458_thumb.jpg