Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

What programme did u use to port, as my porting days are very much over... But like many I need boobies in my game. ty btw :-)

Just Windows explorer ;)

Just copied the files of a mod to the new Data folder and check.

UNP, 7Base, and CBBE work just fine.

XPMSE does not work.

SkyUI does not work.

If you still have original game installed, you can make a quick simple mod that copies your character's facial attributes to slot one; then choosing that slot in RaceMenu SSE. (may have to open/save in TESEdit_SE) Made this simple mod for main character years ago, I'm sure the tutorial is still floating around the net. (you can also load an old game save as well, if you didn't delete them all like i did)

At least you'll have your character's looks, custom skin textures seem to work ok, not tested beyond helgen. 

If you still have original game installed, you can make a quick simple mod that copies your character's facial attributes to slot one; then choosing that slot in RaceMenu SSE. (may have to open/save in TESEdit_SE) Made this simple mod for main character years ago, I'm sure the tutorial is still floating around the net. (you can also load an old game save as well, if you didn't delete them all like i did)

At least you'll have your character's looks, custom skin textures seem to work ok, not tested beyond helgen. 

Aaaand, where you got RaceMenu for SSE?

Aaaand, where you got RaceMenu for SSE?

You simply type "showracemenu" in console, then choose "slot one" in presets to activate the character's facial mod you just made and installed.

You simply type "showracemenu" in console, then choose "slot one" in presets to activate the character's facial mod you just made and installed.

Did you installed RaceManu for Skyrim ORIG?

Showracemenu shows the basic one for me. But I did not test the porting of RaceManu yet.

Check on Discord, I am posting all my progress with mods.

The graphic is good so far, I have to admit they did made some refinement, but I will wait for SE version of sexlab and all supporting mods, more important,SKSK for SKSE(gosh I wonder what they will call it...)

Doesn't RM require SKSE? 

If there is a version that expire has published that supports SSE, I'm very interested in knowing where it is located because it's nowhere to be found on the Nexus SSE.

side note:

I've completely forgotten what a freshly installed Skyrim looks like from an install folder stand point.

It's sure is empty.   :D

The graphic is good so far, I have to admit they did made some refinement, but I will wait for SE version of sexlab and all supporting mods, more important,SKSK for SKSE(gosh I wonder what they will call it...)

SSSE.

@CPU, I'm just using vanilla racemenu to select the "preset"; the preset where I saved the facegen info of my character.

This wasn't the tutorial I used, but same, similar: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10592-exporting-character-faces-and-creating-new-presets/

The real RaceMenu works. Partially.

I vote for SKSESE.  It'll look like a short argonian name.  :-/

Ske...SKse...ok I gave up pronoucing that XD, but I feel it will come out sooner than we expect.

Just a thought, is it possible that we extract textures and meshes from SE version and replace them into the original skyrim?So we don't need to reinstall all of our mods for that matter?

Ske...SKse...ok I gave up pronoucing that XD, but I feel it will come out sooner than we expect.

I'm waiting until the Game of the Year edition, which will hopefully be renamed Super-King, with included Skyrim Script Extender support. It'll be called the Skyrim Special Edition Super-King Edition with Skyrim Script Extender Support, or SKSESKESSES. Everyone will just say "sex" for short.

Just a thought, is it possible that we extract textures and meshes from SE version and replace them into the original skyrim?So we don't need to reinstall all of our mods for that matter?

No. The textures have a different format.

You can port directly textures from Original to SSE, but not vice versa.

Already tried.

I'm waiting until the Game of the Year edition, which will hopefully be renamed Super-King, with included Skyrim Script Extender support. It'll be called the Skyrim Special Edition Super-King Edition with Skyrim Script Extender Support, or SKSESKESSES. Everyone will just say "sex" for short.

You're not missing anything except volumetric lighting. Everything else graphically speaking has been done by ENB better, and cfix and enboost have pretty much dealt with Skyrim's memory issues.

Maybe a year from now there will be a reason to get horny over it, but right now it's literally skyrim more memory and not gray edition.

You're not missing anything except volumetric lighting. Everything else graphically speaking has been done by ENB better, and cfix and enboost have pretty much dealt with Skyrim's memory issues.

Maybe a year from now there will be a reason to get horny over it, but right now it's literally skyrim more memory and not gray edition.

I only partially agree.

I am testing mod compatibility right now, tons of mods.

And more I play more I am convinced of:

* Way better graphic rendering.

* old meshes.

* same content of Legendary Edition.

* FO4 engine (something from ORIGINAL is missing, but something introduced with FO4 is there.)

* Slightly improved loading speed (10% better?)

* Way better save files.

* Improved performance on Papyrus VM (better than FO4.)

Just a heads up, I was digging around about ENB usage on SSE.  Apparently some ENB creators have had some success using FO4 ENB as a basis.  I'm going to test this myself in a bit once I get the game modified properly to my liking :D

Keep in mind without SKSE things are still super limited.  I also noticed Boris himself said that if SSE was in demand enough, he would work on ENB for SSE.

No. The textures have a different format.

You can port directly textures from Original to SSE, but not vice versa.

Already tried.

Textures have a different compression or they use more channels like specular in fo4?

I ask this because what i see in gameplays etc the textures are same old skyrim textures, but if they have a more channels, we can mod it a lot.

Textures have a different compression or they use more channels like specular in fo4?

I ask this because what i see in gameplays etc the textures are same old skyrim textures, but if they have a more channels, we can mod it a lot.

I am doing tons of tests right now. I am not digging to much inside every item.

I replaced an existing SSE texture with an OLD ORIG texture and it works (Diffuse, Normal, Environment, no other tests.)

I tried to post an FO4 texture (only diffuse), new format, and it works.

I tried a while ago to port an FO4 texture to Skyrim, and it was not working. I did not try to post an SSE texture to Skyrim, but because the format is 100% the same as FO4 it does not matter.