The right of mod users

Ixum

reinstate your account. It's not right to get banned over false accusations. Very unethical and unprofessional from Nexus if you ask me. But we all know how much of saints they are. Shoot first, research later.

This is not the case at all. I edited my post above. And just to be clear, as I said in my earlier posts my account was never banned, just that one mod. Hell, they didnt even ban my nude Jesus preset, and kept an eye on the comments, so I have respect for the dudes on Nexus, they have been good to me.

No, they are not so good. In the contrary, they'll have BAN VP, not accept his menaces. This why I suggest you to link this topic to DarkOne, to let him view the problem and decide with all those infos.

DarkOne isn't a fool, and won't buy retroactive EULA (to begin with).

As for your blog, where is it actually ? Nevermind, it's on your sign. Warn Tumbler about this situation.

In the end VP ended up getting Ixum's Nexus account closed on false theft charges

This is not true, the only thing deleted was the SAM texture mod I made. The presets and other mods are still there.

Are you totally BAN in the Nexus now ? if not, try to mail/PM DarkOne and link him this very topic.

A few moments later I hear from LM that I my texture mod will be banned from LM aswell and that I am to be removed from the site - or - to not be able to view any SAM files on LM. This was extortion on behalf of VP, either ban me from the content or he will pull all his content from LM.

Funny, since we can see like two or three textures for SAM still around ladymoiraine forum. 

I'm glad I didn't shared any of my custom skintone for this body. It's kinda bullshit with these EULA from VP.  Everyone should just delete SAM and play another body mod since you can't share anything with it. Oh, excuse me, you can, but with a lot of restrictions.

Oh and, if "that" guy dosn't like what you doing with it, im sorry but you have to delete it.

In the end VP ended up getting Ixum's Nexus account closed on false theft charges

This is not true, the only thing deleted was the SAM texture mod I made. The presets and other mods are still there.

Are you totally BAN in the Nexus now ? if not, try to mail/PM DarkOne and link him this very topic.

A few moments later I hear from LM that I my texture mod will be banned from LM aswell and that I am to be removed from the site - or - to not be able to view any SAM files on LM. This was extortion on behalf of VP, either ban me from the content or he will pull all his content from LM.

Funny, since we can see like two or three textures for SAM still around ladymoiraine forum. 

I'm glad I didn't shared any of my custom skintone for this body. It's kinda bullshit with these EULA from VP.  Everyone should just delete SAM and play another body mod since you can't share anything with it. Oh, excuse me, you can, but with a lot of restrictions.

Oh and, if "that" guy dosn't like what you doing with it, im sorry but you have to delete it.

True, I've never tried SAM before and won't do. VP's attitude isn't correct for an adult.

True, I've never tried SAM before and won't do. VP's attitude isn't correct for an adult.

tbh i'm tempted to just to break the EULA so i can then laugh and point at him as he's powerless to actually do anything

tbh i'm tempted to just to break the EULA so i can then laugh and point at him as he's powerless to actually do anything

I won't do that personnaly, better to move on. And SOS isn't actually bad. For me (and it's only my own opinion), VP is a otal douche to attack like this Ixum.

The number of Mod Authors that can be counted that have retracted their work from the public and provide it too exclusive members on boards that are not well known of can be counted in the hundreds due to misuse by mod-end users and abuse.

You only think you have access to "everything available"

The truth of it is....There most certainly are exclusive clubs on the internet and the only way to become a member of such a club is too become a vetted proven and established mod author...And no you don't get that membership from production of a singular fly by night file.

So basically you abuse a mod author....That doesn't mean that they lose an audience it just means that you and all future users of said files are now without production of future content and updates.

Internet is a big place there are ways to restrict access.

You all should bear that in mind.

At the bottom of this I do fear his ultimate reveal will not be an honest reveal but just plain out doxxing, do I deserve that?

Just tell the truth to DarkOne (and link here) and that you fear the reaction of VP. Don't give up on this one, VP isn't on his right and already made false accusations. This kind of action merits punishment.

One "Right" of mod users that haven't really been covered. That is the RIGHT to move on and use other assets from authors that do want their content used  and ignore those that are causing the user any problems that they don't like or care for.

Like in this case.. Don't like what VP is doing... don't use his mods. Pure and simple. If this is done... I doubt any "doxing" or other issues will arise.

One "Right" of mod users that haven't really been covered. That is the RIGHT to move on and use other assets from authors that do want their content used  and ignore those that are causing the user any problems that they don't like or care for.

Like in this case.. Don't like what VP is doing... don't use his mods. Pure and simple. If this is done... I doubt any "doxing" or other issues will arise.

That's sometimes easier said than done. I still remember the exceptional guy that gave us the Morrowind Mod Manager, the Oblivion and Fallout Mod Manager, you name it, always written and ready-to-use w/o problems within a week after release. When he quitted the scene by means of whatever (and that inevitably leads to the moving on you've mentioned), a brave crowd on the Nexus tried to develop an alternative clone they called Nexus Mod Manager, it works in the meantime, yet it's still in the umpteenth beta... after some six years of collective development. You see?

Unless you piss off the wrong person and they hack your ass.

Don't speak such rot.. by doing this you just commited a criminal offense and if acted up on you could be prosecuted or worse..  in that case the law will decide what happens to you.

That's sometimes easier said than done. I still remember the exceptional guy that gave us the Morrowind Mod Manager, the Oblivion and Fallout Mod Manager, you name it, always written and ready-to-use w/o problems within a week after release. When he quitted the scene by means of whatever (and that inevitably leads to the moving on you've mentioned), a brave crowd on the Nexus tried to develop an alternative clone they called Nexus Mod Manager, it works in the meantime, yet it's still in the umpteenth beta... after some six years of collective development. You see?

Not to shit on Timeslip's work especially since I've used his mod managers a hell of a lot over these years and they worked just fine but his mod managers weren't as feature rich as Nexus Mod Manager for example. Heck, Wrye Bash has been around for just as long and it's still getting updates and improvements. And as it normally is with software the more complex the more likely it is to have bugs.

[snip]

Not to shit on Timeslip's work especially since I've used his mod managers a hell of a lot over these years and they worked just fine but his mod managers weren't as feature rich as Nexus Mod Manager for example. Heck, Wrye Bash has been around for just as long and it's still getting updates and improvements. And as it normally is with software the more complex the more likely it is to have bugs.

Aye, but actually I wanted to point to the interesting fact that most people and thus their intellectual work as well are interchangeable w/o much fuss, but some are not, they turn out to be essential in their day. I'd not be surprised that w/o Rhedd's beautiful low polygon faces as a professional gift and inspiration for the still virginal Morrowind modding scene Bethesda might have shared the fate of other game publishers that are long gone. That didn't happen though, and I'm still deeply grateful for all the nice assets given to us by private persons since late 2002 that have made the games worth playing for a long time...

Don't speak such rot.. by doing this you just commited a criminal offense and if acted up on you could be prosecuted or worse..  in that case the law will decide what happens to you.

They didn't, rather they made a general statement that someone could do it if they were angered/enraged/etc.  They never said they would do it, nor counseled someone to do it, or anything else.  That statement of theirs not even enough to reach the bare minimum requirements of mens rea.

Anyway, to the point at hand.  In some countries retroactive EULA's aren't legal, in fact in places which use case law and things like this have already gone to trial.  It's considered that any prior items/object/art/etc previous to the new EULA fall under all previous terms.  So if an object is provided "as-is" without any warranty, with no restrictions or only particular stipulations then that's all that applies up to the most current version.  If the current version and the previous version are exactly the same, then the new EULA doesn't apply until a new version is made which has enough differences to be considered a unique an identifiable work from the previous version.

On top of that your local consumer protection laws(federal/state/provincial/etc) may actually expand your rights over things such as this and grant you further protections like immunity from prosecution and so on.

I actually hated the crap they kept shoving into the NMM each time they did they broke something then it started getting harder and harder to find out where the thing shoved the mod you are trying to install at. The last time that I updated NMM it broke everything to do with FNIS after that I reverted back to the older build and then never updated NMM ever again.

I will never use NMM for other games like Oblivion or fallout 3/NV because OBMM and FOMM are better then NMM as NMM is known to not always install/uninstall things correctly.

Unless you piss off the wrong person and they hack your ass.

post-501843-0-85092000-1468083811_thumb.jpg

Checked the LM download of SAM, and I cannot find any EULA. Yes, it is as a thread in the forum and on vectors site,

BUT NOT WHERE YOU DOWNLOAD SAM from LM. If they wanted to enforce their eula they can't, you haven't accepted it even if you download now.

If a EULA is automatically accepted by download, it needs a notice next to the download and a link to the Legal Text. Just like when registering for a site there is a similar notice.

(Sorry if that was alreads pointed out)

Checked the LM download of SAM, and I cannot find any EULA. Yes, it is as a thread in the forum and on vectors site,

BUT NOT WHERE YOU DOWNLOAD SAM from LM. If they wanted to enforce their eula they can't, you haven't accepted it even if you download now.

If a EULA is automatically accepted by download, it needs a notice next to the download and a link to the Legal Text. Just like when registering for a site there is a similar notice.

(Sorry if that was alreads pointed out)

Funny, if you aren't loggued, you get this :

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2D161/2

And upon loggin :

You're not allowed to upload/share/redistribute these files outside Hall of Torque without LadyM’s permission.

You're not allowed to convert any assets from these files to another game, they're Vector's property so please respect this.

WTF ???

The part about VectorPlexus proprerty is okay, he is the creator after all, but why LadyM ? Why seriously ?

The part about VectorPlexus proprerty is okay, he is the creator after all, but why LadyM ? Why seriously ?

They have an understanding. LM has been the home of SAM for quite some time now and is available only there. 

But the text got me thinking... did someone port SAM to FO4? 

Archived