Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

Skyrim as a 64-bit application would solve most of the problems that the game has...well,the technical ones,anyway. Most of the stability mods would be rendered obsolete, HDT won't be quite as hampered(to put it kindly) as it is now and more graphical data could be loaded up and displayed at any given time.

It would actually be up to snuff with PC games released back in 2011 if it were 64-bit.

Supposedly they already ported Skyrim to the Xbone to work on the engine or something for FO4. They already have a port so they may as well release it and throw in mod support for the consoles. I assume it'll be a separate team working on the remaster and not the same team working on TESVI so I doubt it'll impact the next TES game. 

Personally I would've preferred an Oblivion or Morrowind remaster, Skyrim is only 5 years old.

Exactly. But they don't want to work hard. Just repacking Skyrim for new consoles with some Fallout 4 lighting and the Bethesda HQ pack is a lot cheaper. By the way Fallout 4 vanilla graphics looks like utter crap compared to the ENB presets and texture mods available around already.

Skyrim as a 64-bit application would solve most of the problems that the game has...well,the technical ones,anyway. Most of the stability mods would be rendered obsolete, HDT won't be quite as hampered(to put it kindly) as it is now and more graphical data could be loaded up and displayed at any given time.

It would actually be up to snuff with PC games released back in 2011 if it were 64-bit.

64-bit by nature just increases the amount of memory the game has access to, which ENB already does. The remaining stability issues we have has to do with the engine itself, which is a separate issue.

More importantly, why is everyone assuming this remaster is a conversion to the FO4 engine, or that it has anything to do with PC? Only thing I've heard from rumors is that it's a port to latest-gen consoles with mods, all DLC, and improved visuals (probably improved compared to old console version).

If they're trying to push the console modding aspect of it, then Bethesda would probably just make it a PC port to XBoxOne and PS4. Then all existing PC mods would be portable to console.

More importantly, why is everyone assuming this remaster is a conversion to the FO4 engine, or that it has anything to do with PC? 

On the second part of the question - because mods. The procedure they just implemented and that makes most sense is that the upload to bethesda.net happens via CK on PC. The current modding tools for Skyrim don't have such functionality so even if the game itself is released only for consoles it will bring something new as a modding tool to the PC.

On the first part of the question - because the "port" is almost already done... (Fallout 4 Development Began By Porting The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim To Xbox One)

"When I visited Bethesda Game Studios last month, Todd Howard and other key members from the development team walked me through Fallout 4's creation. Early on in our talks, Howard smiled at me and said, "The first thing we did was port Skyrim to Xbox One."

Technically speaking it is not that Skyrim will be ported to the FO4 engine but FO4 itself was created on this new Skyrim engine. 

And add to this the question can PC users create mods for the "new engine" while their own game and tools work with the old one? Seems the most logical is that some kind of update for the game itself will be coming to the PC which is the only mod-creating platform.

Of course this is all just speculations. There are only 2 days left.

Remastered still sounds like buggy crap too me. Same engine some old bugs from oblivion arised within skyrim so remasterd i will pass till it is either free or or in the bin.  I am not paying the full price of a new game for a remastered version.

If there was a Skyrim remastered for PC and it did upgrade the engine to what Fo4 is using. Would that not mean that we would have the same problem Fo4 has with making new animations? From what I understand Fo4 uses a newer 64bit version of Havok and the tools needed for converting animations to that are next to imposable to get your hands on.

But there's already mods that make it pretty much remastered already. Why bother? Why not spend that time making a new, better TES game?

because supposed mods for the console version of the Skyrim Remaster.

I mean nothing could go wrong with that, nothing at all.

Im sure Bethesda will just add some mods from nexusmods into this remastered version and that's it...

so the console players can play Skyrim again with the new graphic.

Bethesda your time is coming! dont waste your time!

1994 The Elder Scrolls: Arena

1996 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

2002 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

2006 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

2011 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Avarage time for the new TES is 5 years... Thats mean 2016! Where's TES VI ?

I know, I know... TESO but come on... we want that amazing RPG Single Player!

2014 The Elder Scrolls online

so next elder scrolls game is some 2 years away from now. 2018-2019

its always the publisher that decides when the game will release so bethesda softworks would not want another elder scrolls now it would hurt ESO badly specially when ESO is still rolling out new contents.

you forget a VERY VERY SMALL POINT!!!

The Elder Scrolls Online is not from Bethesda, it was by ZeniMax developed.

after the TESO flopped, were 300 employees dismissed by ZeniMax!  ;)

doesn't make a difference its still a elder scrolls game and publisher ( bethesda softworks who publishes all of the game coming from every other studios they have ) would not want that game to suffer because of newer elder scrolls game. that game is still rolling out dlcs and updates and its far from over.

Main reason they will do it its so that they want to port it to PS4/XboxOne I believe....

God forbid we have the shitstorm that's going on in Fallout 4 now to Skyrim...

fallout 4 mods for console, skyrim mods for console... everything on a beth controlt webside. yeah payed mods.... again.

So I wonder how many mods will be "this file is hidden" tomorrow.

On the bright side, there's plenty of warning now and a precedent with FO4. If Bethesda can't get their shit in gear in regards to FO4 mods, it gives Skyrim mod authors plenty of time to booby trap/DRM/force dependency on SKSE and delete all older versions so that only the protected mods are up day one.

After looking at the Beteshda presentation at the E3, for sure there will be an updated Skyrim.

But probably just to use the recent FO4 engine, and being able to sell it to XB1 and PS4.

Do not expect too much new contents inside, probably none.

Well I guess they have to commit to making this thing work out now. Not only have they dug in with

Fallout 4 and mods now they are backdating with Skyrim. Which isn't a bad idea on their part since there is a much larger

library of already established mods that has been polished for a while. Not sure how much of it they'll actually be

able to run, but its a good distraction point for impatient console gamers miffed there isn't more content out as yet for

Fallout 4. Makes sense from a business perspective. From a modder perspective just sounds like more headaches to

go around. I'm going to try and see a silver lining though (I mean can't really do much else) and hope this means they

are dedicated to fixing the digital media rights to mods so people can't port them illegally.

If the remastered Skyrim is 64 bit how would mods written for the 32 bit engine even work? It

seems like their would have to be scripting changes among other things, so your average

dummy wouldn't be able to port mods all that easily.

Eh? I'll admit I'm not an expert, but I thought the only really difference between 32-bit vs 64-bit was how much addressable memory is available (hence how 32-bit can only use ~4GB of RAM, while 64-bit can use....I don't actually know how much, but I know I've heard of people using up to 32GB of RAM before). If that's the case, I would think there shouldn't be any issues porting from 32-bit to 64-bit, since all the same memory locations are available; it should only be an issue if you tried to do it backwards, going from 64-bit to 32-bit, since some of the memory your code is expecting to be there might not actually be available.

Also, I'd think most mods don't actually have any dependence on the memory architecture at all; the ones that use scripts do, yes, but everything else - textures, sound, armors, weapons, etc - shouldn't.

It definitely looks like they're just porting it to the Fallout 4 version of the engine. Everything they showed was just the improvements to the engine they made for Fallout 4. Which also means it's almost certain that damn near every single current mod won't work with the new version. I don't think it will break mods on current installations, though. The fact that you get a free upgrade *if* you own all the DLC points to it being a separate "game" and not just an update to Skyrim. All the issues we're having now with the Fo4 CK? Those are going to be Skyrim issues too.

Not saying I don't think this is a cool thing that they're doing. The mods that *do* get ported can be brought to console and that's great for those guys, plus console players can enjoy it with better graphics on their Xbone/PS4. It basically means this whole thing was done for console players. It doesn't benefit PC players that much at all since we still have to get the CK sorted out before we even think about slowly porting our mods to the new version.

do not get excited about this.

if they change anything in the papyrus engine, all mods will break.

dont forget, skse and f4se team is kinda MIA, and without skse i estimate ~70% of the mods that are possible now wont be after they free upgrade you.

i mean shit, fallout 4 has functions AddMod and RemoveMod but no HasMod. we were relying on the f4se team to add that.

skse, fnis, iirc fore is retired.

this is literally the worst thing possible for our community since they failed at paid modding.

Archived