Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

guys just chill out most likely the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim remaster. will be for the PS4 and Xbox One, but if it's an engine upgrade to the fallout 4 engine with directx 11 now that's worth a look for new customers.

I WANT SOMETHING NEW !!!!!  ;)  :lol:  :P

I just want my goddamn The Elder Scrolls 6

After Fallout 4? Do you really wish TES series that bad? Leave it be for now, until they come up to their senses and realize whats wrong.

Anyways esss please Todd. I will definitely buy it . Not digging really into the Fallout4 modding duh

Skyrim on 64bit with Fallout4 engine, that would be amazing.

Yeah I want it, why the fuck not? It's been a while since Skyrim came out, we have way better technology now and I wanna see what they could do with it. Also I don't give a flying rats ass about Fallout games lol

I just want my goddamn The Elder Scrolls 6

After Fallout 4? Do you really wish TES series that bad? Leave it be for now, until they come up to their senses and realize whats wrong.

Anyways esss please Todd. I will definitely buy it . Not digging really into the Fallout4 modding duh

Skyrim on 64bit with Fallout4 engine, that would be amazing.

Yeah I want it, why the fuck not? It's been a while since Skyrim came out, we have way better technology now and I wanna see what they could do with it. Also I don't give a flying rats ass about Fallout games lol

Fallout 4 was the absolute disappointment!

the DLCs for Skyrim also.

look to thee this game to and both Purchasable DLCs, then you realize what I mean.

TW3

1. DLC  heart of stone

2. DLC  blood and wine.

this new world is huge, not how Solstheim in Skyrim!

Bethesda's success is that modding, without this they would be swept under the carpet.  ;)

Guest endgameaddiction

The only remaster I look forward to is Skyblivion, which thankfully is not being made by bethesda. I just hope the project pushes through to the end.

The only remaster I look forward to is Skyblivion, which thankfully is not being made by bethesda. I just hope the project pushes through to the end.

Skywind and Skyblivion are not an option for me.

because it is expected to be only one English version, I'm German.  ;)

I'd be down. I like Bethesda as a company, even if I'm just gonna mod it again. As much as I didn't like Skyrim's content, I really feel that they made a lot of great effort to make a cool world. They made a lot of mistakes along the way, but they also did a lot of cool things. None of us would be here without that. So if they made a remaster for Skyrim, I would shell out some cash.

Oh look, I'm about to play the game again.

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

I do not know them, but may be they are going for their "elite sale" product (i am guessing that was skyrim)

Arena was the first elder scrolls game back in the days of dos and covered the entire empire, locations on the world map were small coloured dots.  Think you can download this from the bethesda elder scrolls site for free or you could a while back anyway.

Daggerfall was the second elder scrolls and hmm, from what I remember another dos game.  This may be available for free as well not sure about that though.

Battlespire was a elder scrolls game where you were a mage apprentice entering the tower to complete your tests, only to find it overrun with daedra, you had to clear it out, while not being able to leave until it was clear.

Assuming this rumor to be true, I'm a little upset. I would rather they remaster a much older Elder Scroll game OR move forward with the franchise. Skyrim isn't terribly old and current mods have done a much more fantastic job. And even if they only release the remastered version on the consoles, that's time and effort wasted IMO. I'm even gonna go as far as to say that console gamers would rather have an improved Fallout 4 game so Bethesda should invest their time on that game instead, IF ANYTHING.

The only thing that would make me care about this Skyrim remaster is if they TRULY improve it to the point that it is comparable (or better) than what mods have to offer (and that it's available on the PC, of course).

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

I do not know them, but may be they are going for their "elite sale" product (i am guessing that was skyrim)

Arena was the first elder scrolls game back in the days of dos and covered the entire empire, locations on the world map were small coloured dots.  Think you can download this from the bethesda elder scrolls site for free or you could a while back anyway.

Daggerfall was the second elder scrolls and hmm, from what I remember another dos game.  This may be available for free as well not sure about that though.

Battlespire was a elder scrolls game where you were a mage apprentice entering the tower to complete your tests, only to find it overrun with daedra, you had to clear it out, while not being able to leave until it was clear.

you forgot this.

Great, like we need another rehashed Skyrim with the same shitty engine. Pass, I'll just enjoy my old Skyrim and wait for an actual proper TES release.

I agree fuck that. The engine on skyrim is cancer. I will not waste money on a broken engine just to have it remastered when mods can literally do the same thing.

*shrugs*

If it's compatible with all the mods we have now and I can get it on sale for <$25 at some point, I might pick it up.  'til then I'm happy with what I've got.  Mostly, though, I want to see what improvements it offers over the original release before I decide for sure if I'll wait for a sale or just pass, to see if it includes anything worthwhile.

you forgot this.

No I did not as from what I am aware redguard is not considered an elder scrolls game even though it is, which is wierd to say the least, that and the fact I did not like it at all, I do have it, somewhere, but never played it for more than about 8-10 hours or so.

Well the rumours I'd been hearing lately were that it would be a 64-bit remaster for the PC, but the OP article link only mentions the console versions remastered for the  PS 4 and Xbox One.

Personally I think a 64-bit PC version would greatly help those with heavily modded games to be at last free from the restraints on memory the present 32-bit version has, apart from that I can't understand the fuss some of you are making over it, it's not exactly going to be compulsory for any of you to rush out and buy it. :P

The issue at hand is how Bethesda handles modding and is essentially allowing the community to run rampant over modders and making the modders do the work of policing bethesda's shit. They're literally requiring people to issue DMCAs to get stuff off of Bethnet, which is completely fucking absurd in light of being able to look at two links via a timestamped site to tell when a mod was mod.

Bethesda isn't doing anybody any favors, for being "the mod friendly dev house".

Well the rumours I'd been hearing lately were that it would be a 64-bit remaster for the PC, but the OP article link only mentions the console versions remastered for the  PS 4 and Xbox One.

Personally I think a 64-bit PC version would greatly help those with heavily modded games to be at last free from the restraints on memory the present 32-bit version has, apart from that I can't understand the fuss some of you are making over it, it's not exactly going to be compulsory for any of you to rush out and buy it. :P

ENB already has a built in memory management system that makes 32/64bit irrelevant. Just because you're not required to buy it doesn't mean it won't be a bad thing. New game means mods have to be remade. There's no point in splintering Skyrim's mod community even more. A lot of them already jumped ship to fo4.

mod support for consoles now would be a complete waste of time and effort, there is only quantity nowadays not quality of mods and quite a good number of modders have called it quit they aren't modding skyrim anymore so who's gonna provide mods for consoles ? all thats left todays are boobs mods and more follower boobs mods. 

ENB already has a built in memory management system that makes 32/64bit irrelevant. Just because you're not required to buy it doesn't mean it won't be a bad thing. New game means mods have to be remade. There's no point in splintering Skyrim's mod community even more. A lot of them already jumped ship to fo4.

jump ship, not when the creation kit is still not being release yet........

I could only get behind a Skyrim remaster if the updated models/textures/other assets were released for PC as free DLC. Though I suspect in that case they'd still be behind the quality of what modders have already created.

If it breaks any compatibility with existing mods or SKSE, what's the point?

That said, I'm sure Bethesda wants to start pulling in the cash a PS4/XBone release would give them.

Bethesda should realize that mods are what keeps this game selling and really focus on improving moddability if they were to remaster it.

Native support for new animations, actions, procedures 

Official nif/kf import/export and manipulation tools

VM improvements like late binding for forms (it already does that but has no language support for it) and reflection (again already present but unavailable)

I know that all these points have been addressed by 3rd party tools to some extent but the most frustrating part about modding skyrim is having to use 100 different tools and fiddling with only partially understood parameters to maybe get the result that you want and simple things take so long to achieve simply because the process is so cumbersome.

This is just for consoles right?

This seems to be a new way to make easy extra money, remastering old games for new consoles even if they are just one generation behind. Some of them just give an extra fps. It would be easier and cheaper for console players if they realized they can play PC games nowadays just like they play on consoles, big screen and couch included. I'm aware of the exclusive console titles, but there's thousands of other games to have fun who doesn't suffer from such barrier.

Figured it out it would probably be something about putting mods in console related.

Interested to see how this will develop, not sold on it yet.

I rather take a Skyrim 2 over this.

Would rather see a Morrowind remaster also, but I guess the work require would be higher.

Archived